Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anita Sharma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anita SharmaYour feedback matters!
Last menses from 15.2.17 to 19.2.17 now started from 13.3.17 what time when I had sex makes easy pregnant kindly guide me my parents telling have sex at 4 &5 th day of date I makes easy pregnant is it true.
Its about 2 month that my periods has stopped, bt it's running my white discharge, and I feel some dislike to eat any dish of onion. Is it a sign of pregnancy? please answer.
It has been two months, I didn't get my period, and I am having pain in my back, what's the problem.
hi madam may i know What should a pregnant lady do if she has an ulcer at her tongue? and which medicion should i take or not ?
I'm two months pregnant now, having severe regurgitation, and tiredness, couldn't able to do anything, how to control my symptoms, pls help me, how long it ll b there?
I have the problem of wait loss over a period of around 1 months now. I take proper food but I become thinner and weaker day by day. Could you please suggest me something that I could do?
Wanted to know about sex during pregnancy? My wife is 2 month pregnant so let me know is it safe to have sex?
The study of blood and blood vessels is known as haematology. Doctors or scientists who study blood, in general, are known as haematologists. They are the ones who focus on blood health and blood disorders. The blood is composed of white blood cells (WBCs), red blood cells(RBCs) and platelets. Some of the organs that helps in transporting blood to other parts of the body include the blood vessels, lymph nodes, bone marrow and spleen. Proteins too actively participate in clotting and bleeding.
Diseases Treated by Haematology
Haematology treats an array of diseases including, but not limited to, the following:
- Anaemia due to deficiency of iron, trauma related problems, sickle cell etc.
- Excessive production of RBC
- Multiple myeloma
- Bone marrow and stem cell transportation
- Platelet-related disorder such as Von Willebrand disease, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, haemophilia etc.
- Haemoglobinopathies condition such as the sickle cell disease and thalassemia
- Malignant lymphomas
- Blood transfusion
- Myelodysplastic syndromes
Common tests involved in haematology
- Blood count- This test is done to get an idea about the total number of platelets, red blood cells, and white blood cells.
- Blood film- In this test, blood is stained with specific dyes and placed under a microscope to view the size, shape and the total number of blood cells. It also reveals any abnormalities that may be present in the blood. Staining can flag red blood cells that are deformed in nature. It can further flag conditions such as microfiliariasis, malaria and toxoplasmosis.
- Blood test – It is done to assess granulocytosis and storage diseases. Bone marrow examination can also be done through blood tests. .
- Blood work - Assessment of immature platelets, evaluation of erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) and spleen biopsycan be carried out with blood work.
- Tests such as serum ferritin, folate levels, and vitamin B12 can reveal the iron status of a person.
- Certain tests such as the antiglobulin or Coombs' can be done before blood matching or blood typing is done.
- Prothrombin – This test is used to find out platelet function.
- A test known as the diascopy is performed to find out whether a lesion is haemorrhagic, vascular or non-vascular
- Immunocytochemical technique, a type of blood technique, is used to conduct antigen detection.
- Haematology testsare used for assessinghaemophagocytic syndrome.
- Karyotyping is done to detect any disorder of the chromosome.
- Fine needle aspiration cytology(FNAC) is a diagnostic method used to detect tumour.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My wife doesn't want sex she say when I was entering she have lot of pain in abdomen but her vagina also wet but she complaining pain always low sex desire mc will 8 day what can I do.
Tummy tuck also known as an abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck surgery is a form of cosmetic surgery, which is used to remove excess fat and skin from the abdomen as well as tighten the muscles in your abdominal regions. Similar to 'mommy makeovers' (a procedure applicable after pregnancy, which helps women restore their figure).
Tummy tuck surgery is used to help patients treat that loose and sagging skin who have experienced excessive weight loss within a relatively short period of time. Although, it is usually done for cosmetic reasons, it does provide a large number of medical benefits, such as:
1. Reduction in stress urinary incontinence: Stress Urinary incontinence is a bladder control problem that is characterized by involuntary urination because of exercises or normal bodily functions such as sneezing or coughing which might put pressure on the bladder. In some women, (SUI) can develop after a vaginal birth. The condition does not generally require a surgery. However, research has shown that in severe cases, abdominoplasty is helpful in patients who do not have a caesarean section. A slight bladder obstruction is made during the procedure using soft tissue which reduces the incontinence.
2. Better posture and improved abdominal tone: Strong muscles tend to become weak after multiple pregnancies and extreme weight loss. In these cases, diet and exercise are not enough. Abdominoplasty surgically removes excess fat and skin thereby, tightening weak muscles and flattening the abdomen. It is noticed that after the surgery, the patients develop an improved posture due to the tightened muscles supporting the spine. This helps in relieving a variety of back pains.
3. Correction of ventral hernia: Ventral Hernia is the bulging out of tissues through a defect, opening or past incisions within the wall muscles of the abdomen. In such a case, the surgeon may opt for Abdominoplasty to support the abdominal wall and prevent recurrences. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic-plastic-surgeon and ask a free question.