Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anita Agarwal
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anita AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Trying to conceive since 3 years. And went to PGI. Dr. did test and found 2 polyp. Said will do hysteroscopy polypectomy .should I go for it? Is it any risk also? This procedure can do any time or just after periods? Stomach should be empty?
Laser hair removal is a permanent hair removal method that makes use of laser beams to reach the hair follicles before the light from the beam is absorbed by the same. This method is preferred by people who do not want to go in for traditional methods like waxing, tweezing and epilating as these require regular sessions and may not always be convenient.
Laser surgery for facial hair removal helps your skin look younger and healthier by treating aging, acne, and blotches, scars, wrinkles, lines or excess hair on the face.
This surgery comes with its own share of benefits, which are:
- First of all, laser hair removal is precise. The laser only targets the pigmented area of the skin on your face, such as the hair follicle. This is why only the hair follicle is burned and not the skin surrounding the area, making it a safe procedure.
- Laser hair removal removes unwanted hair from your face at the speed of light. The laser is designed to treat several hairs in a large surface area, all at the same time. There is no downtime after the service and no sticky residue left behind.
- The pain factor varies from person to person because every person has a different level of pain tolerance. Laser surgery is described as feeling like a gentle pinch or like the snap of a warm rubber band.
- Laser hair removal is most effective on the hairs in the early part of the hair growing stage. A concentrated beam of light is aimed at the hair follicle. The laser then converts its energy into heat and heats up the hair follicle preventing it from growing any further.
- Laser hair removal has many benefits that make it a viable option for many people to permanently deal with unwanted hair. You can ask many questions during your consultation to make sure you fully understand the procedure they use and how they deal with the treatment of pain.
How Gender Identity Disorder can be treated?
Hello friends, I am Dr. Anubhav Gupta. I am a consultant plastic surgeon working at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi. Today, I am going to talk about a condition which has increasingly become more frequent in our practice and that is Gender Identity Disorder.
Gender Identity Disorder is a condition where in a person has incongruency between his sex and gender. Let me explain it to you, a person whose phenotypic and genotypic condition is male, his sex is also male. For example, a person who is having external genitalia, penis, beard, etc that is his phenotype, that is his sex and that is also a genotypic test as gene XY, so that will be his sex. But, gender is what a person feels about himself. For example, a male who is having phenotype and genotype sex as male but he feels he is a female then that is the gender of that person. What a person feels about himself is called his gender. So, when there is an imbalance between the sex and the gender of a person, it is called Gender Identity Disorder.
Basically, it is not what is wrong about them, it is why they feel about this. There is something which is hardwired into their brain, that they don’t have a feeling of equilibrium with their sex. It is not a disease; it is the way they think. There are certain neurohormonal factors which at the time of development have been said to cause this condition but there are no researchers that conclude the cause of this condition.
Yes, the government of India has now recognized the third gender that is transgendered. People who are not in congruence with their sex have been recognized as legal by the government of India.
See, when these patients come us, basically there are now well-described guidelines. When the patient first, comes to me, I first tell them what the exact condition that they have is and I send the person to a psychiatrist for evaluation. We have to be sure whether they have Gender Identity Disorder before we go for the surgery. So, the psychiatrist starts his treatment, basically takes counseling sessions and he tries to ascertain whether this person is actually having gender identity disorder.
Now, the recommendations are that permanent gender surgery, that is the change of gender surgeries like penectomy and vagina creation and penile creation, these are gender surgeries and are permanent in nature, should not be done before 1-year certification by the psychiatrist has been given. But, other surgeries like face surgery, and breast surgery, can be done after 3 months of psychiatric evaluation. So, this is what we follow. Once a psychiatrist has seen and he certifies that this person has gender identity disorder, we start doing the facial surgeries, and once a period of 1 year has passed, in the meantime we also send him to an endocrinologist who counsels them about hormonal therapy and we further encourage them to cross dress and live in the society as the gender of which they feel they want to stay.
So, once these things fall into place then we move into surgery. And, before surgery, we also need a certification from another psychiatrist just to counter and confirm what the first psychiatrist has felt. So we have certification from two psychiatrists and after a period of one year, we can proceed to Permanent Gender Surgery. Before we do that gender surgery we also need to take an affidavit in the court of law in which the person who is undergoing the surgery and the surgeon, they understand the fact that it is a permanent surgery and the person who is undergoing surgery will not be able to procreate or reproduce in the future, and the patients, when they understand these factors are then counseled and then the surgery is done.
In male to female patients, the initial surgeries, we start with the face surgery, such as Genioplasty and Rhinoplasty. Then, these patients, if they require breasts, we go for a breast augmentation by implants. There are two types of implants; if the chest is having enough space, we can go for a silicone implant and sometimes the chest of males are very tight, then we have to use an expander implant. So these are the common surgeries. Then there is the genital surgery which is a permanent surgery where we do a penile disassembly surgery and we use the penile skin to create a new vagina and we do an orchiectomy at the same time and so we do a gender surgery.
In the female to male also, we start with the face, rhinoplasty, brow lift, genioplasty, McSteamy is done, and these are the initial surgeries. Mastectomy is done where the male chest is created. And, finally after one year of treatment, we go for a creation of a new phallus, we create a penis by the process of radial artery forearm flap, wherein we take the skin from the hand and we create a penis. After that, we can do testicular implants in the labia majora to create testicles. And later on, this surgery is successful of the penile reconstruction by radial artery forearm flap and the patient is having sensation till the tip of the penis. Then we do a final erectile implant which can even cause the erection.
If you have any further queries regarding this topic, you can contact me on Lybrate.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease or PCOD is a hormonal system disorder occurring in women of reproductive age. It is also known as Stein-Leventhal syndrome. PCOD refers a unique set of symptoms, which occur when there is a hormonal imbalance in a woman’s body. The symptoms include late or no periods, pain in the pelvic region, heavy bleeding during periods, weight gain, growth of facial hair, acne and difficulty in conception or getting pregnant.
Cysts develop in the ovaries, which cause hormonal imbalances like the levels of androgen get raised more than the normal limits. Although androgens are the hormones for male, they are present in minor quantities in normal females. With the increase of androgen levels, it creates a disturbance in normal ovulation cycle leading to disturbance in menses.
All PCOD patients are advised to lose weight and do regular exercise. The common symptoms includes irregular menses, growth of facial hair and other parts of the body like arms, abdomen, chest, legs and fingers. An ultrasound examination can confirm the ovarian cysts. PCOD can lead to complications like type 2 diabetes, raised cholesterol levels, infertility, depression, cancer of uterus.
The conventional system of medicine has no cure for PCOD. Homeopathy however, offers the best alternative as it concentrates on treating and curing the root cause of the problem. Homeopathy believes that the human body is designed by nature to keep itself disease free and when its own internal vitality is unbalanced, the body becomes prone to disease. Once the vitality regains its original balance, the human body is able to nurse itself back to health without any external aid.
1. Apis Mellifica is best homeopathic medicine for the treatment of PCOD with stinging pains in the ovarian region coupled with tenderness over abdomen and uterine region.
2. Pulsatilla works great for patients of PCOD who suffer from scanty and late menses. It is suited for young girls in whom the PCOD starts at puberty.
3. If a person suffering from PCOD with bearing down pains from the back and abdomen, then Sepia works like magic. The menses are irregular with too late and scanty or early and profuse. The patient is irritable and indifferent.
4. Lachesis is for patients with aversion to tight clothes. The menses are short and flow is feeble accompanied with pains in the abdomen which get relieved after the flow starts.
5. Graphite work great for patients of PCOD suffering from constipation. The patient has intolerance to cold and often feels tearing pain in the stomach coupled with hardness in the ovarian region. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.