Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anita Agarwal
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anita AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Ayurveda, the traditional way of healing is known to be a crucial and effectual therapy for a lot of ailments. Since the primitive ages, mankind has been approaching Ayurveda for remedial purposes and in most instances have reaped fruitful results. Ayurveda seeks to heal diseases using natural herbs that are said to resonate well with the four elemental constituents of beings, i.e air, water, earth and fire. Ayurveda uses myriad herbs and natural ingredients in a unique proportion to impart physical as well as spiritual wellness. One of the most common and yet fairly formidable disease plaguing modern lives is diabetes, induced by imbalance in the blood sugar levels in the human body.
Ayurveda recommends the use of a few select herbs to control and alleviate the blood sugar imbalance.
- Gymnema Leaf: Indigenously called gurmar, Gymnema leaves regulate the insulin level in our body. It not only prevents absorption of sugar in the intestine, but also stimulates cell growth in the pancreas. As a consequence, the insulin levels in the body is maintained and the blood sugar problems get neutralized.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is replete with polyphenols that trigger off a healthy count of insulin secretion. Cinnamon has other beneficial properties as well. Whether consumed as tea or sprinkled on food as a flavor, Cinnamon can be instrumental in combatting blood sugar imbalance.
- Fenugreek seeds: A common find in most Indian kitchens, Fenugreek seeds are well known for their health advantages. Its pungent sweet flavor adds to the taste of many dishes. But most importantly, fenugreek seeds extensively keep the blood sugar level in control.
- Basil Leaf: Basil leaves are one of the most commonly used natural remedies for a wide range of diseases. The basil extracts are used in various food items and are extremely effective in curbing the excessive presence of blood sugar in the body. In general as well, basil leaves regulate the metabolism to a large extent.
- Coccinia Indica: This herb protects the vital organs from any damage caused due to diabetes. It stabilizes the breakdown of starch in the body.
- Azadirachta Indica: Common known as Neem, this herb is perhaps an indomitable medicine for increasing glucose tolerance. Neem is also used in allopathic medication on account of its various healing qualities. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am bleeding since last 25 days. I am bleeding a lot during my menstrual cycle and clots are coming which is really painful for me I am not sexually active and having pain in my lower stomach area. What could be the cause of it and treatment for this. I am worried for this What are the reasons of this.
Hello doctor, my wife is a depression patient & she is taking medicine viz. Peri Cr 12.5mg & clonax 0.25mg once a day. Now she is around 12 weeks pregnant. We are worried about, are these medicines safe at this stage for my wife as well as for our baby.
In December my bf rubs his penis on my vagina and there is no ejaculation. In January I got my periods with a week delay. And pregnancy test on first day of missed period is negative. I took pregnancy test in February too I it was negative again. I missed my period in Feb and have them in March which contain brown and very less blood. Is this a symptom of pregnancy?
Hello, I got an pregnant in month of Dec 2015, I was in good regular check up, but in my teffa scan I have come to know that my baby's brain was not developed properly, due to tat I was terminate the fetus on April 2016, so present I'm using folic acid tabs, please clarify this folic acid tabs when should I take, I mean once get pregnancy confirm or later on, I don't think my doctor was good and rubella virus is positive, and my doctor ask me to visit after 3months, do you suggest me to change the doctor or should I see good gynec before I get conceive if there is any other problem. Please suggest me what to do. Pls.
I am 23 years old female. Next week I am going out to a sea beach place for 3-4 days and my monthly date is clashing between my trip. I want to be free there so please prescribe me a medicine which I can take to delay my periods to a week or any medicine which can prepare my periods date. As well as the process of taking that medicine.
I am suffering from pcos. Menses comes to me after every 2 or 3 months. This time menses came to me after 2 months and its continously bleeding from more than 30 days. I want to stop my bleeding. Please help.
Sore Penis From a Parameatal Cyst
Taking pains to ensure good penis health requires some commitment on a man's part, and that includes knowing about some of the common issues that can interfere with good penis care. But no man - unless perhaps he is a doctor - can be familiar with all of the possible detriments to one's penis health. For example, a sore penis can be caused by over-exertion of the organ, a blow to the penis, or numerous other things. But how many men would know that a sore penis might also be caused by something called a parameatal urethral cyst of the glans?
That's rather a lot to get one's mouth around, so for simplicity's sake, this piece will just refer to the condition as a "cyst." But readers should remember that there are many other kinds of cysts, including others which could be located on or around the penis and so what we are describing here is specifically the parameatal urethral cyst of the glans.
What it is?
As mentioned, this particular type of cyst is considered very rare. There are about 5 dozen cases which have been described in the medical literature, meaning that few people have experienced this problem. The "parameatal" part of the name indicates that the cyst is located on or near the meatus, the slit in the penis through which urine and semen leave the body.
A cyst is a closed sack, looking rather like a bubble, which can appear in the body. In this case, it appears on or very nearby the meatus, on the surface of the penis. It can vary in size, although in most cases it is relatively small.
Some cysts can be associated with cancer, but this kind of cyst is considered benign (or non-cancerous). But that doesn't mean it is totally harmless or doesn't cause any inconvenience. As indicated earlier, sometimes the cyst can cause a sore penis - not in the whole organ, but in the area surrounding the cyst. This is especially the case if one engages in sexual activity - including masturbation - in which friction rubs against the cyst.
Aside from producing a sore penis, the cysts can present an obstacle while urinating. The cyst often blocks some portion of the meatus, thereby preventing urine from flowing freely. This may not only slow down the rate of urination but it may contribute to a "spraying" effect in which the urine flows out in several directions rather than in one solid stream.
Cause and treatment
Because it is so rare, doctors are not sure of the cause of the cyst. The most prevalent theory is that ducts in the urethra get blocked, causing the swelling of the cyst. It has been observed in both adult men and in children.
Although it is possible to "lance" the cyst, that serves primarily to reduce the bubble effect without removing the excess skin of the cyst. Surgical removal of the entire cyst is most often recommended, a fairly simple procedure which can be performed on an outpatient basis. Aftercare involves letting the organ rest and treating to avoid possible infection.
This kind of cyst and the sore penis accompanying it are fortunately not things that the majority of men need worry about. But they should nevertheless take steps to ensure good penis health by daily using a first rate penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). Common sore penis pain from overuse can be soothed by using a crème that moisturizes the skin; look for a crème with a combination of hydrating agents, such as natural shea butter and vitamin E. The best crème will also contain vitamin B5. Also known as pantothenic acid, B5 is a vital nutrient that helps ensure adequate cell metabolism.
I m 25 year old married my periods date is 27 means today and me and my husband just plan for baby on date 20 to 24 but my periods start today I want a reason why its a wrong day or I have some prob please clear me getting tense and please guide me to plan a baby in right time.
Today, there is no disease that cannot be cured. Be it related to any part of the body, medications and doctors can come to your rescue immediately. Similarly, low sex drive is also curable. It is a medical condition, caused due to various factors and can be treated under the proper guidance of a doctor. The condition is known as Inhibited Sexual Desire (ISD). A person suffering from ISD exhibits only one symptom: low sexual desire. A person suffering from ISD refuses to engage in sexual activities with anyone. It has been observed that they neither start nor respond to anyone’s sexual move or overtures. It is a common problem faced by the new age couples in the metro cities.
ISD can be of two different types: primary and secondary. If the patient has never developed sexual desire in his or her lifetime, the condition is primary. The secondary condition occurs when a person began a relationship with the opposite sex partner with normal drive but later gave up the interest towards sexual activities.
Sometimes, patients also develop situational ISD due to stress ad strains in a relationship. The patient may have sexual desire towards others and be disinterested with his or her partner. Whatever may be the condition, medical guidance by a trained and experienced doctor is a must. Here’s how your doctor can help you in gaining back your interest in sexual activities:
1. Counseling: A doctor can treat ISD by counseling. It has been found that many couples first need marriage counselling to improve their relationship first. The training will help couples in learning how to express their love and affection towards each other and respect each other’s emotions and feelings. The couples should also know how to vent their anger and resolve problems and differences in their conjugal life. The sexual counselling helps couple to learn how to carry out their sexual activities in an interesting manner. The doctor then may prescribe you (in case of males) some drugs to activate your sex life.
2. Hormone Therapy: A woman’s sex drive depends on the influence of sex hormones, especially estrogen. Doctor may give small doses of estrogen to the woman patient by prescribing vaginal cream or any skin patch to increase blood flow to her private part, increasing its sensitivity.
3. Lifestyle Changes: A doctor can help you by advising certain lifestyle changes that are adversely impacting your sex life. The doctor is able to find out the activities or events in your daily life—by interacting with you—that are responsible for sexual aversion.