Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anill ShinghalYour feedback matters!
A simple, uncomplicated cataract surgery should not take more than 10 minutes to perform. The best part about a cataract surgery is that most people see almost immediate results and improved vision. However, full recovery can take awhile. Each person heals at a different speed but ideally, your eyes should heal completely in a month.
Here are a few tips to help speed up this process and avoid infections and eye injuries:
- Take it easy: Just because the surgery takes a short time is no reason to underestimate its importance. Do not drive on the first day and as far as possible avoid driving for the next few days as well. Do not put any extra pressure on your eyes by bending, lifting weights etc. This will ensure that your stitches do not tear open. Try to avoid excessive sneezing and coughing as this can jerk the lens out of place.
- Protect your eyes: Wearing sunglasses is a good idea after a cataract surgery. This will protect your delicate eyes against dust, wind etc. Avoid using community swimming pools and hot tubs immediately after such a surgery to lower the risk of infections. Avoid rubbing your eyes aggressively. For the first week, keep your face out of the shower so as to avoid feeling the need to press or rub your eyes as well as to protect them from bacteria in the water.
- Lubricate: Your eyes may feel dry and scratchy after a cataract surgery. This is normal and not something to worry about. Your doctor will prescribe eye drops to be taken after the surgery. Use these regularly. Once this is over you may need additional artificial tears or lubricating eye drops. However, do not take these drops without first consulting your doctor. If your eyes are sensitive to the preservatives in bottled eye drops, look for single use ampoules. Ensure that you always wash your hands well before administering the eye drops.
- Keep the eye clean: Though washing your face is avoidable, you must still keep the eye clean. Use cotton and a sterile saline wash for the first few days. You can later replace the saline with cool boiled water.
If you feel any deterioration in your vision, pain or excessive discharge in the operated eye, you must immediately consult your doctor. Seeing sudden flashes of light or floaters in your vision should also not be ignored.
Hello, I am facing these below problems, Vaginal Dryness or Infections Painful Intercourse Anxiety Waking Up in Middle of Night Hot Flashes Recurring UTIs Stopping of Menses Incontinence Sagging Skin and Breasts Arthritis or Achy Joints Weak Bones and Muscle. Please help.
Today is first day of my periods. I am having pain in stomach waist n legs. But I am having Free less flow of blood. It s very less compare to other first days of my cycle. There is water like flow. Is this because of fingering?
Hi, It is my first trimester, my tsh is around 3.0 to 3.3,My gync Dr. asked me to do" anti- tpo/ama" which came negative <0.8 I/ml. After showing report ,Dr said you can start medicine for thyroid, while before doing the antithyroid test, she told me ,if it's come positive then only start the medicine. Also she is saying now it should be less or between 2 to 2.5, Now I am confused whether doctor is treating me correct or not or anti TPO/AMA test was just a money making. She said repeat the test after 25 days and will see the result. Do I need to wait for such long time or shall I consult another doc. Please suggest, does this have effect on my baby. Serum FT4 = .82 TSH = 3.00 ulU/ml Anti-TPO/AMA = <0.8IU/ml Many thank!
I am getting married in next month, wanted to ask regarding precautions during sex and about contraceptive pills. Is condom is sufficient for not being pregnant or do I need to take some contraceptive pills. If yes then please suggest me which one is good and also when to take that to avoid pregnancy and also what is the side effect?
Meri shadi ko 4 saal ho chuke hai koi baby nhi h. Meri tube block thi jiska maine 2013 m laproscopy bhi karaya tha. Or for 9 month ki dots ki medicine bhi li thi or 3 bar tube m dawayi bhi dali.
Meri shaadi ko 6 saal ho rahe lekin 1 bhi bachcha nahi hai. Mere husband ke leftside main low sperm hai. Or blockage bhi hai. Kya mere pregnency ke chance hai.
My wife is lose interest in physical relation since last 4 years now situation is very worst, when ever I insist her she denied and if she ready force fully it was like rap what should we do?
Aloe gel, made from the central part of the aloe leaf, is a common household remedy for minor cuts and burns, as well as sunburns. It can be found in many commercial skin lotions and cosmetics. Aloe contains active compounds that may reduce pain and inflammation and stimulate skin growth and repair. Aloe is best used for minor burns and skin irritations and should never be applied to an open wound.
Herpes and skin conditions
Preliminary evidence suggests that aloe gel may improve symptoms of genital herpes and certain skin conditions such as psoriasis.
Aloe juice or aloe latex, a yellow, bitter liquid derived from the skin of the aloe leaf, is a powerful laxative. However, it can cause painful cramping and is not safe to use in this way.
Studies show that aloe vera gel inhibits the activity of several types of bacteria that may lead to cavities and gum disease. More research is needed.
Preliminary studies suggest that aloe juice may help lower blood sugar levels in people with type 2 (adult onset) diabetes. More research is needed to determine whether aloe is helpful for diabetes.
Alcohol-induced liver disease
Preliminary studies suggest that aloe vera extract may help mitigate the effects of alcohol-induced liver damage.
You can get aloe by simply breaking off leaves of the plant (which can be grown as a houseplant), but it is also available commercially in ointments, creams, and lotions. Aloe gel is often included in cosmetic and over-the-counter skin care products as well. You can purchase aloe in the form of capsules, tablets, juice, gel, ointment, cream, and lotion.
Aloe gel is considered safe when applied to the surface of the skin, but should not be applied to open or deep wounds. In rare cases, it may cause an allergic reaction, mainly a skin rash. If you develop a rash, stop using the gel.
Taking aloe latex orally may cause severe intestinal cramps or diarrhea and is not recommended. Pregnant women should never take aloe latex because it may cause uterine contractions and trigger miscarriage. Nursing mothers should not take aloe latex either because the effects and safety for infants and children are not known. High doses of aloe can cause kidney damage.
I am twelve days late from my period. So I took home pregnancy test in the morning. I got one dark line and one semi dark line. So am I pregnant. What should I do next.
Though sexually transmitted diseases affect a number of people, it is considered a taboo subject and not often talked about. This has given rise to a lot of misinformation and myths about it. Let's clear up a few of these myths.
Herpes virus can be transmitted through a toilet seat.
Using the same toilet as a person infected with herpes will not increase your risk of contacting the virus. Herpes spreads only through direct skin-to-skin contact. However, it is a good idea not to share personal care items like towels, soaps etc with a person suffering from an STD.
STDs are transmitted only through vaginal sex.
If you are in direct contact with any kind of body fluid of the person suffering from an STD, you can get infected too. STDs can be transmitted through any form of intercourse including oral, vaginal and anal sex. Thus, always use a condom for any kind of sexual act.
Baby oil can be used to lubricate a condom
In some situations, you may need to lubricate a condom before use. Oil based lubricants like baby oil, Vaseline and hand creams should never be used to lubricate a condom. This is because they can break down latex and allow STDs to pass through. Instead use water soluble lubricants like contraceptive jellies. You could also use saliva.
You can't get an STD if you've had sex only once
STDs like Chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis have a very high infection rate. Having unprotected sex once is more than enough to get infected with the virus.
Two condoms are better than one
Condoms are not designed to be layered and used. Using two condoms instead of one may result in the condoms breaking due to the frictions between them. A condom must also be never reused. It should be put on as soon as there is n erection to protect against early ejaculation.
You can catch an STD only once
Some STDs like HIV and herpes are infections that last a lifetime. Others can be treated with antibiotics and antivirals. However, once you have recovered from an STD you are at the same risk of catching it again as you were the first time. When it comes to STDs like Chlamydia, a second attack can be worse than the first time and cause lasting damage to your reproductive organs.
The only way to protect yourself from STDs is to abstain from unprotected sex. Always use a condom for any kind of intercourse. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
The sugar found in our food is of two kinds mainly – sucrose and fructose.
Sucrose or the table sugar increases blood sugar levels and initiates the pancreas to release insulin forces the sugar into cells, thus contributing to fat formation.
Fructose on the other hand acts upon the liver and hence no insulin is secreted. But fructose is more detrimental to health as it releases the hormone for hunger – ghrelin making us hungrier; one continues to eat, leading to weight gain. Fructose is found in corn syrup which is used to sweeten most processed and packed foods.
Here are top 7 reasons why you should get away from this addictive white powder:
- Sugar and cancer: over consumption of sugar has been found to cause cancer. Studies have linked elevated blood sugar levels to cancers in women. Moreover, pancreatic cancer uses fructose to initiate a particular process that aids rapid cell division. Extra sugar present in the bloodstream feeds the cancer cells.
- Impact on liver: sugar overdose hits the liver and causes the liver cells to bloat up and become fatter. This leads to liver complications and conditions like fatty liver disease. Research shows that extra calories fatten the liver cells first by 27% while external body gains hardly 2% of fat.
- Hurts your heart: excess sugar in the diet contributes to heart diseases and may even damage your arteries. Sugar is known to deplete good cholesterol levels in the blood. Prolonged exposure of the arterial inner walls to sugar causes it to get irritated and less responsive to body’s healing mechanisms. This results in malabsorption of oxygen and other nutrients into the cells.
- Addictive properties of sugar: sugar evokes addictive responses within our body which make us crave for it even more. It is a never-ending struggle that is triggered by the feel good hormones like dopamine in our body. However, the receptors that release dopamine weaken over time and hence need more sugar to get activated which leaves us wanting for more.
- Aids in ageing: fructose especially contributes to ageing by boosting cell damage and causing cells to die faster. Sugars can also cause wrinkles as they are capable of breaking down the collagen and elastin of skin, which are responsible for the tightness and glow of the skin.
- Causes mental anxiety: kicking back on sugar will help you feel more relaxed and less stressed. Excess sugars can also cause depression and reduce cognitive abilities like memory and so on.
- Bad teeth and bones: sugar binds with the bacteria of the mouth to form acid that diminishes the quality of your teeth. Similarly, sugar works to deplete vital minerals like calcium which causes osteoporosis and bone loss. Lastly, sugar directly leads to weight gain and diabetes, the silent killer.
Hi my friend is going to b 19 years this july but she have had sex with her loved one many time but im tensed about her health please help me know how can I help her from not getting pregnant is there some fruits or any kind of food or exercise or medicine I can suggest her to tak.
It’s important, though, to find a condom that fits well and that’s not too short, too tight, or too big.
A condom can only protect what’s covered. One that’s too short could allow diseases to be passed on. A condom that’s too big could slip in the heat of the moment.
What’s right for you? If you or your partner measures more than 7 inches long or is more than 4½ to 5 inches around, you may need a larger size.
The top 5 reasons to eat broccoli are:
1) A high intake of broccoli has been found to reduce the risk of aggressive prostate cancer and may also help prevent heart disease.
2) Averaging just four weekly servings of veggies like broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower slashed the risk of dying from any disease by 26% among 6,100 people studied for 28 years.
3) Broccoli contains a flavonoid called kaempferol which has anti-inflammatory properties. This makes broccoli potentially useful in assisting with chronic inflammatory ailments, such as arthritis or gout.
4) This dark green veg also helps your body absorb vitamin D. This is due to broccoli’s high levels of of vitamins A and K, which both aid in the healthy absorption of vitamin D.
5) Broccoli may have a positive impact on our body's ability to naturally detox. This is possibly due to three phytonutrients found in unique combination in broccoli - glucoraphanin, gluconasturtiian, and glucobrassicin. This nutritional trio is able to support all steps in body's detox process, including neutralization and elimination of unwanted contaminants.
How to eat broccoli?
Broccoli is usually boiled or steamed but may be eaten raw and has become popular as a raw vegetable in hors d'œuvre trays.
As the benefits of broccoli are thought to greatly reduce if boiled, light steaming is a far healthier way of cooking it. Scientists have also discovered that steaming broccoli lightly releases the maximum amount of sulforaphane.