Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anil Bansal
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Anil BansalYour feedback matters!
Sir, Which type of cholesterol is leads to heart attack. New studies proved cholesterol is not a problem for heart attack. What is your opinion.
.IT was before 4 years that my mother took me to a psychiatrist for a consultation since I was slow and he recommended me for a "architol" injection, the medicine reacted in the night, my heart beat went up and my whole body paralyzed the next morning, it stayed till the next night Then we saw a doctor the next day who gave me "pacitane" and my body became normal. Now after 4 years I sometimes get panic attacks and unable to do concentrate without sleep, have nervousness, Unable to bear a extreme hot weather. Visited a psychiatrist once again and he had done all tests post which he said I have anxiety, has recommended "Tolaz 10 md" which is helping only a little Can you please refer some neurologist or mental health physician in Canada who your cousin was seeing or may be someone you know and get his thoughts. This is a issue where not even my friends, wife or relatives are unable to understand as I'm looking and doing this fine, but unable to focus at work, not feeling appetite, sometimes unable to eat food also due to GERD. I have not been having a job for sometime now. Can I take shock therapy.
I am 64 yrs og age. For the past 2-3 days I am feelin weakness in the limbs. About 2 yrs back I had undergone complete health check up. The following were observed slight low in proteins, borderline case of sugar. However after mediaction for about 1yrr I was perfectly ok. I do yoga for about 45 mins and also jog for 30 mins alongwith some physical exercise. Kindly advise.
I'm fed up with life and life is not worth living for me. There is a lack of happiness lack of confidence and lack of concentration. There is no hope no enlightenment no dream no aim in life. I'm very much disinterested disheartened and depressed. I'm under a lot of stress and anxiety. I'm sailing in a boat without the sailor in the stormy sea. I'm just like the kite which strings are cutoff. I'm not living life but just passing it. I'm worthy of nothing. I'm feeling lonely in the midst of the crowd. I'm skipping my drugs for the high blood pressure. My blood pressure shoots up to 200/130 without any symptoms. I pass nights together without sleep. I have cutoff myself from my inner and outer self. I'm unable to cope up with life. If it's physical crisis I can deal with it, but as far as the emotional and moral crisis are concerned I'm just unable to deal with it.
Hello sir. Mere seene me thodi thodi der me dard uthta hai jaise dil ki dhadkan hoti hai usi tarah se dard uthti hai iska kya reason ho sakta hai aur iska solution bataye please. Thankyou.
Hello, I want to ask about my mother. We have noticed that at night her BP increases to around 140. Why BP increase at night? She has done ECG and ECHO test around 2 months ago and it was fine.
2 days neonate oxygen saturation50%on oxygen mask 100% no improvement .chest clear .heart normal sound. What is diagnosis.
My father has diabetic and bp. He has leg swelling for past 15 days and he contacted doctor and he changed the doctor for tablets change. But my dad had the pain in right leg and skin turned to black. Could any one suggestion whether I need to take lower limb doppler? or any other doctor I need to suggest
Pain is coming while pressing near to left chest pain is coming middle bone near to left chest is there any suggestion.
My 76 years old father has been advised mitral valve replacement with bypass graft surgery but we are looking at minimum invasive option considering his age.
Heart attack, also known as myocardial infarction, is a severe condition where death of the heart muscle occurs because of the loss of blood supply. The blood loss usually happens because of the blockage of a coronary artery. Due to electrical instability, ventricular fibrillation is caused. Heart attacks may result in permanent brain damage or even death.
- Symptoms of Heart Attack: There are many early symptoms and signs of heart attack, which should be recognized. Symptoms of heart attack vary from person to person. Here is a list of the primary heart attack symptoms:
- Chest Pain and Discomfort: Chest pain is the basic symptom of a heart attack and occurs in different forms. The chest pain has a pressure, fullness and squeezing sensation and starts from the center of the chest. The pain may go away and re-occur and may spread down to other limbs of the body.
- Headache, Toothache: The chest pain occurring due to a heart attack spreads all over the body and the jaw. Even the back and head are affected. Sometimes pain in these regions is present while chest pain is absent.
- Shortness of Breath: A gasping sensation or feeling shortness of breath is another common sign of a heart attack. Such breathing difficulty is called dyspnea. The shortness of breath occurs before or during the chest pain.
- Nausea and Vomiting: The feeling of nausea or sickness in the stomach is another possible symptom. It is accompanied by belching or burping and sometimes, the heart attack is associated with a feeling of indigestion. Nausea is more common in women. Vomiting also occurs alongside nausea.
- General Epigastric Discomfort: In several cases, patients describe the pain of a heart attack as stomach pain. The pain is heavy and uncomfortable and persists for several minutes.
- Sweating: Perspiration or sweating occurs during a heart attack and the patient experiences cold sweat in avid amounts.
Emergency Treatment for Heart Attack:
- A person who has a heart attack should be rushed to a hospital.
- Several tests are carried out to detect the cause of the attack. A 12 lead EKG is carried out to supervise electrical activity within the heart and detect the damaged areas.
- Blood tests are undertaken to check enzymes and in certain cases, cardiac catheterization is required where pictures of the blood vessels are examined.
- Emergency medicines are given to the patient to stop the formation of blood clots and include aspirin, heparin and other drugs. Other medicines are given for thrombolytic therapy, which dissolve already formed blood clots. They work to reduce the heart damage. Nitrates are also used.
A heart attack is a severe condition and must be attended to immediately. Emergency treatment procedures are essential to save the life of an affected person.
I have suffering from blood pressure problem last 1 week. I have also a headache. I m totally week in 1 week. Can you suggest me for this problem.
I am having already strict diet control. I tried to do weight reduction 109 kg now for last 20years, but failed. I admitted to vlcc and paid them huge money. Only two kegs reduced. But now after leaving them, it has regained it. Please clarify lifestyle modification means what? I am interested to reduce medicine. One doctor at kolkata said to delete atorva 40 as my chlestrol level is 115 now. But I wand to check it.
Sir one month ago my heart palpitations are high. Doc suggested echo and ecg. Both are normal. But certain I have chest pain and suffocation. Is this anxiety, stress depression or something else. Chest pain occurs only I think negative about my life. What I do sir to overcome stress?
I am 66 years old sr citizen. My blood pressure remains 120/85 and taking Losium50 one tablet daily. However now a days my BP shoot up to 150/95. What precaution should I take so that BP remains as above viz 120/85.
There was a time when only the elderly were at risk for a heart attack. Today however, anyone can have a heart attack. Symptoms of an oncoming heart attack are often misunderstood. When it comes to first aid for a heart attack, every second is precious and hence it is important to be clear about what a heart attack looks and feels like.
Here are a few symptoms of heart attacks to look out for.
- Feeling of weight on the chest
- Stomach pain with nausea and heartburn
- Radiating pain on the left side of the body, particularly on the arm
- Dizziness and shortness of breath
- Pain that moves from the chest to the throat and jaw
- Extreme exhaustion and weakness
- Cold sweat
The first thing to do if you or someone around you experiences a heart attack is to call a doctor. Call emergency services and ask for an ambulance to be sent at the earliest. Lie down and try to relax. Any form of exertion can worsen the situation. If you are alone, do not attempt to drive yourself anywhere. If an ambulance cannot get to you, ask someone around to drive you to the doctor.
Chewing on an aspirin immediately after a heart attack can help save a life. Aspirin has blood thinning properties that can increase the supply of blood to the heart. Studies have shown that chewing an aspirin is better than simply swallowing it in case of a heart attack.
If the patient loses consciousness at any point, check their heart rate. In case the person's heart stops beating attempt to perform CPR to restart the heart. This can restore partial supply of oxygenated blood to the heart. To perform CPR have the patient lie down on the ground and kneel beside them. Place your right palm on the center of their chest and place the left hand over it while interlocking the fingers. Keep your arms straight as you press down on the chest at regular intervals. Try and achieve 100 compressions a minute.
Living a healthy lifestyle can lower the risk of suffering from a heart attack. Cholesterol is one of the most common triggers of a heart attack. Eat a diet rich in fiber and low in fats and salt content can lower your cholesterol levels. This combined with regular exercise can also help maintain a healthy BMI that would in turn lower the risk of having a heart attack.