Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amita Jain
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amita JainYour feedback matters!
I am 4 weeks pregnant and my THS is 6.36 and I have hypothyroid. I have started thyronorm 50 mcg. Should I be worried?
What are the early symptoms of pregnancy and when does this symptoms starts. How many weeks after intercourse it took to know that a girl is pregnant.
I am write in hindi. Meri wife ko har month period nahi aata hai. Ruk ruk ke aata hai. Aisa bahut din se chalo hai.
These days, store shelves are seen all stocked with snacks. But, when it comes to finding a healthy option, it is difficult to navigate. You need something that provides a natural burst of energy, protein, and fiber. In such a situation Go "nuts". Nuts like almonds and walnuts are the ultimate health food. Low in simple carbohydrates, rich in healthy fats, high in protein, these nuts stimulate your body to shed those extra pounds.
Although, there is no doubt on the fact that both are highly regarded for nutrition value. But then, which nut is better of the two?
Walnuts and Almonds - The Better Bet!
- Energy content: Almonds contain 14 grams of fat and 164 calories whereas walnuts contain approximately 18 grams of fat but give 185 calories. Thus, we find that walnuts contain a slightly higher amount of fat than almonds, but provide more energy in the form of calories.
- Protein content: Almonds and walnuts are both protein powerhouses - containing 13% and 9% of protein content respectively. Thus, both these nuts are great sources of protein.
- Mineral content: Both almonds and walnuts are rich in various kinds of minerals. When it comes to Iron, which is essential for muscle health and blood formation, both nuts contain very similar amounts (approx 5%). Almonds pack 19% magnesium - essential for strong bones, compared to the 11% in walnuts. Walnuts, however, have very high amounts of copper (50%) and manganese (54%) which prove to be useful in reducing symptoms of PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome) as compared to almonds.
- Fibre content: Fiber, which plays a vital role in completing the process of digestion, is another component that these nuts pack healthy amounts of. Almonds contain 16% fiber whereas walnuts have 8%.
- Vitamin content: While walnuts contain 12% vitamin B6, compared to the 3% in almonds, the real point of difference between these two highly healthy nuts is in their content of vitamin E - essential for healthy skin and eyes. Almonds contain almost 48% of it, whereas walnuts contain only about 2% of the same.
Thus, we get a fair idea about the high nutritional content for both these nuts. They both are essential for maintaining good health if taken in appropriate amounts. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I'm 19 years old I had unprotected sex on April 16th. I didn't notice ejaculation is done or not. He didn't cum into vagina .I got 3 days periods next day 17th April .I took ipill after 72 hours (20 April ).again I got periods on 30 April only 2 days period. What does it sign ?how to come to my regular normal periods?
Hello. Had a d and c on March 3rd. 2017.as the baby had alobar holoprosencephaly. Recent usg showed anterior wall fibroid of 2.5×2.3 cms. My Gynaec suggested to wait for 6 months for next baby? Please enlighten me about the future pregnancy. As I am very much worried about my next pregnancy and the child? How should we wait to try for the next one?
Are you facing troubles, such as unwanted facial hair, excessive weight gain, irregular periods, and acne on face or sudden hair loss? If you are experiencing any two symptoms, you might be suffering from Poly Cystic Ovarian Disorder / Syndrome. Affecting at least 1 in 10 Indian women it is the most common issue facing us today. It is also a leading cause of infertility. Many women ignore the signs and symptoms and fail to consult specialists. PCOS can manifest in many ways- it can have a single symptom or it can be associated with many aspects.
The common signs and symptoms are:
- Irregular or absent menstrual periods.
- Heavy vaginal bleeding: As the cycle gets delayed in PCOS, the uterus lining becomes thicker (a condition known as hyperplasia). When a woman starts her periods after a long time, she can experience heavy and prolonged bleeding.
- Oily skin and acne on face and back.
- Darkening and thickening of certain areas of the skin, especially in skin folds of the neck, armpits, and groin.
- Excessive hair growth on the face, chest, abdomen, or thighs.
- Thinning of hair on the crown of the head.
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Cardiovascular problems, including high cholesterol
- Multiple tiny ovarian cysts; some women with PCOS have a large number of tiny follicle cysts (visible by ultrasound) on their ovaries.
The cause of PCOS is not fully understood, but genetics may be a factor. It seems to run in families, so your chance of having it is higher if other women in your family have it or have irregular periods or diabetes.
If you are experiencing any of the given symptoms, it is advisable that you consult a Gynecologist or an Endocrinologist.
PCOS on the rise in adolescents:
Adolescent PCOS is on the rise these days due to change in lifestyle, academic load and lack of physical exercise. In many girls the symptoms commence with irregular periods and weight gain, followed by hair loss and acne. It is imperative that PCOS be diagnosed early so that its secondary issues - insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and heart disease can be controlled medically.
How PCOS is diagnosed:
It can easily be diagnosed through a physical examination, simple inexpensive blood tests and most importantly an ultrasound. You should consult a Gynecologist or an Endocrinologist.
How can PCOS be prevented or controlled:
PCOS cannot be prevented but weight control is the key to prevention of metabolic syndrome at a young age. Early diagnosis and treatment can help manage the symptoms and prevent long-term problems.
Even post diagnoses exercise, diet control and adherence to medication are essential. One should also document their menstruation cycles dates for clinical aspects.
In some older women who wish to conceive surgical treatment known as laparoscopic drilling of the cysts can be done.