Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amit
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AmitYour feedback matters!
Hi, my wife's period is on 10th or 11th of every month, I had sex on 8th of this month, is there any chance of pregnancy?
Is cervical prolapse possible due to heavy weight lifting exercises in Gym for one year? I am virgin.
I am 39 years old lady. Initially I used to have periods for 3-4 days but it is reduced to 1-2 days. My date is fixed. Periods are without any pain since beginning. I have a son of 15 years with normal delivery. Is it a sign of manupause? please respond.
Menopause is a tricky problem for women to negotiate. Hot flushes, mood swings, night sweats, sleeplessness, and vaginal dryness are but some of the issues. It's a very similar position to that of puberty whereby the body is out of control and one's emotions follow suite. If a woman going through this time is facing added pressures with family or job she can lose her confidence and sink into a state of depression.
The effect on those around her has a bearing on her moods as they usually fail to understand what is happening to her. In my case the greatest thing was hormone replacement therapy which almost instantly corrected the problems. The brain cleared of its confusion, the other symptoms virtually stopped, and energy levels were restored.
The question many face is how safe is this HRT? Some studies link it to breast cancer and other diseases as a warning against it. But speaking from personal experience the risks of developing is far outweighed by the benefits.
- As opposed to my situation my sister, five years younger, did not take HRT and she had a hysterectomy, which saw the female reproductive organs removed. By the time she was 50 she was diagnosed with the bones of an 80-year-old. She then suffered from osteoporosis with her bones, particularly her ribs, breaking with the slightest pressure.
- On top of that she also has irritable bowel syndrome and other things, such as shingles. Her blood pressure was always low and other problems emerged. Although active and stoic her health went rapidly downhill and she died two years ago of pancreatic cancer at the age of 71. Now one can't say that HRT would have saved her from that but it certainly didn't cause the cancer.
- By way of contrast my body is fit, healthy, strong, with no disease or blood pressure at the age now of 78. My brain is active and productive and most days I attend a gym. My bones are also strong with no sign of osteoporosis. I don't even get headaches or other things most people my age would normally suffer from. I don't even wear glasses.
- While there are great benefits to be had from HRT it is my belief it also preserves the body well into old age. Cancers of the type they proclaim may be associated with it are, in my opinion, not related to it. Breast cancer is common among women of all ages and some die in their twenties from it.
- To be rid of the awful symptoms of menopause is a great achievement by the medical scientists. They have made it possible for many women to remain a productive force in society. My mother who never had the benefits of it suffered and died at the age of 56 years.
- While everyone is different and people have diverse opinions about what is good for their heath my suggestion is to go where your body takes you. Don't be frightened or put off by claims that are as yet unproven.
My wife is feeling pain in her Vagina. We had sex yesterday and she had contraceptive pil. Now today she is feeling pain and this has happened earlier as well. Kindly guide is it due to contraceptive.Please suggest is there any chance of pregnancy.
Ozone local anaesthesia with strict real time radiological control, which ensures the proper placement of Ozone in the center of the disc making it shrink.
Low Sciatica and PIVD
Among working-age people, as many as 20 percent experience back symptoms at least every year. facet arthropathy, sciatica, muscle strain, sacroilitis, bulging or herniated discs and degenerative disc disease. Prolapsed intervertebral discs (PIVD) are the most common cause of low back pain associated with a defined structural Abnormality.
Patients who are not helped by weeks of conservative therapy are often referred for pain that has persisted beyond a four-week period should be referred to a multidisciplinary pain center.
Different Non Surgical Interventions Employed Successfully:
Epidural Steroid Inj.
Epidurogram & Epidurolysis.
Nerve root sleeve/ transforaminal Inj.
Intra-discal steroid inj.
Nucleoplasty- Thermal & Mechanical
Conventional treatment methods for back pain comprise lamminectomy/ discectomy microsurgery, endoscopic disectomy and percutaneous arthoscopic disectomy, among others. These are invasive methods and their goal is to remove or contain the protruding disc. However, these methods have occasionally demonstrated a discrete incidence of failure and/or recurrence. Outcome studies of leg pain, some left unaddressed surgically.
Understanding the need for Nano-Technology
- The various treatment options have confused clinicians and investigators due to high failure rate and complications associated with different kinds of surgeries and interventions. There has been a surge of interest in the search for a safer alternative method of decompressing the nerve roots maintaining the structural stability.
- Another safe least invasive alternative therapy that has been receiving exposure in Europe is the use of medical Ozone (02/03 mixture) in the treatment of PIVD. Epidural steroid injection, transforaminal epidural decompressions has a high success rate (up to 85%), but chances of recurrences are there specially if these interventions are done at later stage. anaphylaxis following intradiscal chymopapain injection. Injection of Ozone for discogenic radiculopathy (low back pain with radiation to legs) has developed as a revolutionary alternative to chemonucleolysis and disc surgery .
The use of ozone revolution for treating disc diseases
Muto suggested an intradiscal injection of Ozone for a disc Ozone injection into the intervertebral disc. After that successful outcome has been reported from various European centers. It is very important to note from those reports that complications are remarkably few. Not a serious single life-threatening complication was found even after 120,000 cases of Ozone nucleolysis, which stresses the safety of these procedures.
The most critical portion of performing any of the minimally invasive procedures is the accuracy and safe positioning of the needle (or terminal device) in the centre of the disc space. The risk in ozonucleolysis is particularly minimised, with the use of a very thin 22/25-gauge needle. It may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes to position a needle in the centre of the disc space under radiological guidance. Once the needle is safely placed in position, ozonucleolysis is completed in only another 2 to 3 minutes.
How does water contained within the domain of proteoglycans. The water binding capacity of the proteoglycan molecule is partially a property of its size and physical shape, but the main force that holds water to the molecule stems from the ionic, carboxyl (COOH) and sulphate (SO4) radicals of the glycosaminoglycan chains. The ozone can have a direct effect on these carboxyl and sulphate groups, breaking down some of these glycosaminoglycan chains which make up the proteoglycans. The destruction of these cross-linked structures reduces their ability to hold water therefore diminishing the size of the herniation by interferon, and tumor necrosis factor. Therefore, by reducing the inflammatory components there is a corresponding reduction in pain.
By stimulating fibroblasts & immunosuppressor cytokines
- Local production of Antioxidant Enzymes
- Another action which may prove to be one of the most important is the stimulation of
- Release of immunosuppressor cytokines like transforming growth factor, and IL-10 fibroblastic activity by ozone. Fibroblasts initiate the repair process by stimulating the deposition of collagen. Although yet to be validated, this mode of action could explain the resolution of PIVD on CT scans and the small percentage of patients who have relapses after the completion of treatment plan.
- Ozone may have a reflex therapy effect called ‘chemical acupuncture’, breaking the chain of infection which is healed with antibiotics.
In fact, over 120,000 patients have been treated successfully worldwide using the injection of medical ozone with a success rate of 80-90% and with a near nil rate of procedure-related complications. “The procedure is a safe and effective alternative to open surgical procedure. Patients get the advantage of going home after a short recovery on the same day. They generally go to work within a week and are spared prolonged absence from work and disability,” The treatment relieves pain substantially and, after two sittings, people "can go back to work under medical guidance".
Comparison: 1. More hospital stay One day/day care 2. Complications of prolonged surgery& spine surgery is the treatment of choice for prolapsed disc (PIVD) done under local anaesthesia in a daycare setting. This procedure is ideally suited for cervical & lumbar disc herniation with radiculopathy. The total cost of the procedure is much less than that of surgical discectomy. All these facts have made this procedure very popular in European countries. It is also gaining popularity in our country due to high success rate, less invasiveness, fewer chances of recurrences, remarkably fewer side effects meaning high safety profile, short hospital stay, no post-operative discomfort or morbidity and low cost.