Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AmitYour feedback matters!
How many times you need to have sex before going to gynae in case your wife is not getting pregnant?
There is a rash in my private part. Happened from injury from zipper. A small portion has become red and it burns while urinating. Had antibiotic amoxycillin but no improvement. It's on the top skin a small portion. Slight pain and burns if urine falls.
Hi. Does vomiting. Bloated. And breast tenderness normal after doing abortion, I still feel I bit cramps. But bleeding happens for 5 days. With only light to moderate. Very small blood clots .thread like blood clots only. Is it normal and fine for 5 weeks pregnant abortion?
Hi. I m almost 40 years n hv symptoms of menopause, like hot flashes, depression, didn't get my period since 4 months. Wt to do. Is thr any harm in getting early menopause. Pls advice.
I am 38 years old, my delivery was through scissorian and after 3 years i am having tummy and it looks like as if i am pregnant for 4 -5 months. I am an accountant and usually carry out all my household works but i am not doing any exercises or yoga. How can i reduce my tummy. No - menstral problems or thyroid problem in my blood. My diet is I eat a light breakfast, normal lunch, 2 tea per day evening tea with any light backery snacks and dinner with chappathi and little rice with curry. I drink 1 cup green tea early morning in empty stomach regularly. Can I reduce it using In shape belt. please let me know about the side effects of using such belts
I'm pregnant now. I have irritation on my stomach. What oil I can use to reduce itchiness and marks formation.
Hi, I facing problem of hair growth on my chin. I Consulted on endocrinologist & he suggested some hormone tests but all reports are fine. It looks like PCOD problem. So which doctor I need to consult. Any gynaecologist or someone else. Please suggest me.
I had suffered from steroid side effect as I stopped it directly it has been one year pass I have been observing no slippery mucous all I see dried mucous. M planning for a family. What should I do to get slippery mucous?
Hi I wanna to ask you that how many week will take to give a birth child ? And it's a possible to give birth child in 34 weeks ? And what's should minimum week to birth a child ?
5 great tips for getting rid of winter phlegm
We all hate having snotty noses, sore throats, and winter bugs that inevitably get into our systems, as the weather turns colder, but have you ever considered that there might be easy ways to clear up all the phlegm that’s obstructing your airways and making life uncomfortable? worry no more – here are five solutions for you to get rid of any offending mucus build-up in your airways as soon as possible:
1. Spice up your diet
Adding spices to your diet doesn’t only boost your immune system – it also helps your body with clearing out all the nasty stuff, not least any congestion in your nasal passages in your lungs. Add small amounts of garlic, oregano, turmeric, onions, and ginger, to your regular diet. Seeing as christmas is just around the corner, you can also try spicing some apple sauce with cloves, nutmeg or cinnamon.
All the foods i’ve just mentioned contain strong antibacterial properties, which help keep the winter bugs well away. If you have children, you might want to consider temporarily cutting out dairy from their diet and giving them multivitamins or immune boosters for a few days until the phlegm clears up.
2. Sleep well
Note that a blocked nose is always much worse at night-time, making it difficult to breathe and causing you to snore. Consider a saline spray and/or nose aspirators in order to keep your airways clear of phlegm. Another soothing way of clearing your airways is to inhale steam from a bowl of boiling water. You could even add a warm bath at the end of the day to your routine if you find that you’re consistently congested.
3. Get loads of fresh air
The colder air of the winter months tends to make all of us spend a lot more time indoors, but the reality is that for the sake of our health, we still need to ensure we get enough fresh air. Regardless of how cold it is outside, you’ll be fine if you wrap up in suitably warm clothing. In fact, taking a brisk walk is one of the best ways of drying out mucus and phlegm.
Fresh air opens up your lungs and increases blood flow, and this means that any bugs lurking in your system can be flushed out much more quickly than if you were to spend nine hours a day indoors.
4. Keep your bowels moving!
Many people don’t actually realize this, but constipation can hinder your immune function, thus leaving you more susceptible to illness. The usual cause of a sluggish digestive system is food stagnating in the intestines, which in turn can lead to toxic build-up, poor elimination and increased mucus formation.
These symptoms can be alleviated by drinking more water and eating foods which contain plenty of natural fiber, such as seasonal greens and fresh fruit.
5. Make your own phlegm-busting cordial
1. Place a few sprigs of thyme in a teapot.
2. Add a pint of boiling water.
3. Throw in a few sticks of cinnamon bark and several slices of freshly-chopped ginger.
4. Leave to infuse for about 10-15 minutes.
5. Once the water has cooled, strain and mix with a jar of good-quality honey.
6. Add roughly half a bag of brown sugar.
7. Heat the mixture in a saucepan until it begins to thicken.
8. Leave the resulting syrup to cool and store in the refrigerator.
Take a teaspoon of this syrup every morning, or add it to warm water infused with lemon juice for a delicious bedtime drink.
Itching is there on both the vaginal sides. It has become reddish now.& it pains alot. After applying vaseline got relief for 1 day again after 1day itching persist. Please help me. Thanx.
I am not getting periods regularly and some time I get twice so please advise me a tablet for regular periods?
I am a 56 year old female. I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer and underwent tah on january 21 this year, followed by vaginal brachytherapy on feb 25, march 4 and 11. My present problem is that I had vaginal discharge ( foul smelling ) since end march. My gynaecologist prescribed ceftum 500 - 2 tabs 5days and clinsup vaginal tablet 7days. I am still having occasional discharge, but no foul smell. Kindly advise what to do.
I am a pregnant of 4 months, this month 28th I am getting 5th month. This is second issue to me. In first pregnant I had thyroid at 4th month. I am using 25 mg thyroxine tablet. Recent thyroid report shows 12 points. How can I control this and is it any harmful to my baby? Which things I would follow to control thyroid level. I am an employee, is work tension leads rise in thyroid levels? Please show me the way get rid off thyroid problem?
My wife's period date is 26, today after 10 days she did not get period nor pregnancy, we try to chek it by prega news but it's saw negative, what should I have to do?
Hello Doctor, I am 30 years old, I weigh 51 kgs and I am 5.5 feet tall. I feel I am bit weak. Now that I am trying to conceive I want to conceive a healthy baby. I am taking folvite 5 mg from 2 months. Should I take any other pre natal vitamins which can help me conceiving soon a healthy baby.
Which yoga poses tightens vagina as I am not virgin and I am getting married with another guy next year.
Hi am 20. My gf and I had oral sex but I rubbed my penis on her vagina may be inserted it half inch. I was worried so. I made her eat ipill. Yesterday but today she is feeling any problem or pain in stomach or anything. Is she safe? And I pill failed or not. She used ipill first time 2 months before that time she was suffering from pain but this is time no pain. Is everything ok?
The back bone or spine is made of a series of bones extending all the way from the neck (cervical) to the tail (coccyx). These joints, like others, are prone to inflammation, sprain and strain, some more than the others. The coccyx in particular is highly prone to inflammation and can lead to localized pain, which is very typical, with the pain in the tailbone. This is known as coccydynia.
What is coccydynia?
- Literally, coccydynia translates to tailbone pain.
- It is characterized by a sharp, localized pain between the buttocks in the tail bone.
- It is often caused by injury to the pelvic area or the tail bone.
- Sitting and/or leaning against the buttocks make it worse.
- Pregnancy, when the additional hormones relax on the pelvic floor, also leads to increased pain of the tailbone.
The pain can be easily confused with other conditions like sciatica, fractured tailbone, tailbone infections like shingles, etc. However, for a trained medical person, the symptoms of tenderness and pain are quite diagnostic. Pilonidal sinus, fistula, pudendal neuralgia is also same as coccydynia and show same symptoms.
- If there is a rash or inflammation, it needs to be evaluated further for additional problems.
- Where possible, rest completely for a short period of time till the acute phase of pain subsides.
- In case of injury, ensure there is no repeat injury to the same area.
- Pain medications are used to relieve pain, where it is severe and intolerable.
- In severe cases, cortisone injection may be given in the doctor s office. In addition to pain relief, it may even take care of the underlying problem per se.
- Avoid sitting for prolonged periods where possible.
- After the acute phase is over, when sitting for prolonged periods, sufficient padding is advised. This could be in the form of pillows or padded seats.
- Sleeping on the sides is difficult, so sleep straight. If required, take a pillow in the middle.
- Physiotherapy is also helpful in some people who have repeat attacks. This helps in pain management and controlling acute phases. There are specific tailbone stretches, which should be done under supervision.
- Walking is one of the many effective ways to keep the tailbone unlocked, which helps in getting rid of the pain and avoiding spasms of the muscles around the tailbone.
- Best internal manipulation and pain management can be done with coccyx exercise.
- The time taken for healing of the tailbone depends on whether it is a simple bruise or a severe one. The former would heal completely in about four weeks, while the latter will take about 12 weeks.