Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Gurgaon. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amit Bhushan Sharma
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Amit Bhushan SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hello I am 27 years old I am suffering from lack of sleep. My sleep time is 12 am to 9 am but I am not able to get proper sleep. Feel insomnia. I am shifting my side whole night and even not feeling comfortable and sleepy. This is second time happening. First time I wasn't able to sept for more than 20 nights and days as well. My heart rates also increase some times at night. No pain nothing but m feeling my heart is having pressure or something like that. I do 2 hours of gym workout. please help.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 1 week and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done.
Hello my age 25 male and height 5.4 weight 66kg last year. I was diagnosed with high bp arround 160/90. Dr. Gives me amcard at. I am taking it half tab daily and my bp goes to normal 118/70. But I am feeling now tired. Racing and pounding heart beat. Restless some time. So what to do. Should I stop one of drug amlodipine or atenolol.
Lifestyle is one of the best defences against heart disease. All you need to do to maintain good heart health is to just make simple but significant changes to your lifestyle. By doing so, you end up minimising the risk factors associated with heart disease such as coronary artery disease.
The lifestyle changes that you must make for a healthy heart are:
1. Be physically active - Research by Harvard University shows that watching television for 2 hours a day can increase your chances of developing heart disease by 15%. But if you exercise or indulge in some kind of physical activity for about 30 minutes every day, you can significantly improve the health of your heart as any kind of physical activity improves your blood circulation as well as blood pressure.
2. Maintain a healthy body weight - Having a low body weight or a high one can also put you at risk of getting heart disease. For a good heart health, you need to protect it from fatigue and damage. By keeping your weight at an optimum level, your blood circulation, as well as body fluids, end up working efficiently, protecting your heart from unnecessary strain.
3. Have a balanced diet - Foods that are low in calories but high in fibre and nutrients are what your heart needs to stay healthy. A very common cause of heart disease is the consumption of high cholesterol foods like processed meats, desserts, etc. Including seafood like tuna or salmon, whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and lean proteins such as chicken and fish to your diet can reduce your risk of developing heart disease.
4. Manage stress - Stress is another factor that causes you to have poor heart health. To prevent the damaging effect that stress can have on your heart, exercising is what you should do. This is because when you exercise, you release endorphins (brain chemicals that trigger a feel-good feeling in your body), which help in improving your physical and mental makeup. Additionally, exercising has also been found to reduce your chances of dying from a heart attack.
5. Quit smoking - Research reveals that smoking raises your chance of getting heart disease by about 2-4 times. It causes plaque (fatty deposits) to accumulate and harden in your arteries, making your heart to exert itself harder than normal. By kicking the habit, you reduce the strain that is caused to your lungs, thereby to your heart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.
I am heart attack patient. The heart attack came due to low blood pressure. Can I take salt? Uae of more Salt is helpful for me or not?
Hiii doctor. I'm nadeem shaikh not feeling well. No I want to known to decrease cholesterol level. Let me known ASAP.
There can be no denying the fact that health is wealth, without which we would not be able to enjoy life to the fullest. And to have good health, overall well-being is essential which includes a healthy heart for which it is to have a healthy level of cholesterol. So, if you wish to deal with cholesterol disorders, then here are some tips for you:
1. Reduce intake of animal fats:
When you are dealing with cholesterol disorders, you should stay away from fatty meats such as bologna, salami, hot dogs and others. It is also recommended to avoid full-fat dairy items such as cheese, cream, whole milk, and butter. These foods not only contain saturated fats but cholesterol as well which together make the condition worse.
2. Opt for more vegetables and fiber:
You should try to substitute animal protein with plant-based protein such as tofu, lentils, beans, and quinoa. You can have them in soup, salad or burrito for reducing the saturated fat intake and increase fiber intake. Also, soluble fiber present in oats, ground flaxseed, barley, legumes, dried beans and whole-grain cereals helps in binding the bile.
3. Be careful of your carbohydrate intake:
Research shows that taking a low-carbohydrate diet not only helps in losing weight and reducing cardiovascular risk factors. You should, therefore, go for high-fiber carbohydrates such as whole grain starches, lentils, and fruits which will provide all the energy that you need while keeping you fuller for longer.
4. Take measures for losing weight:
If you are obese or overweight, you should try to reduce weight through exercise and keeping your diet on a check. This is because weight loss helps you reduce LDL cholesterol causes buildup and accumulation of plaque that can be detrimental to your health. You will be surprised to know that a reduction of 10 to 20 pounds of body weight can have a big impact. It is advised to indulge in 90 minutes of cardiovascular exercise for improving your heart health.
5. Seek resort to the technological advancements:
Numerous technological tools can give you feedback on your exercise. Even the smartphones today come with various apps that can help you track exercise, calories intake, and motivation techniques. You may also invest in the biofeedback devices like heart rate monitors and pedometers for effectively managing the condition.
6. Keep up the good spirit:
One of the best ways to deal with cholesterol disorders is to work out regularly and eat healthy on a regular basis. It is a process. Not only taking medicines, but these healthy habits will help your bad cholesterol levels drop desirably.
As you can see, dealing with cholesterol disorders are not so complicated, all it takes is a few lifestyle changes in the right direction for a lifetime of good health. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
हार्ट अटैक से कैसे बचे?
यदि हम कोलेस्ट्रॉल का स्तर 130 मिलिग्राम/डीएल से कम और ट्रायग्लिसराइड्स का स्तर 100 मिलिग्राम/डीएल से नीचे बनाए रखते हैं तो हार्ट अटैक की आशंका नहीं रहती।
क्या करना चाहिए जब दिल संबंधी रोग का पता हार्ट अटैक के बाद चले?
हार्ट अटैक की पहले से पहचान करना बहुत महत्वपूर्ण है जिससे हार्ट की मांसपेशियों को बचाया जा सके। अधिकतर मामलों में रोगी को छाती में तेज दर्द या सांस फूलने की समस्या होती है। रोगी को तुरंत ही अस्पताल ले जाएं और डॉक्टरों को जितना शीघ्र हो सके ब्लॉकेज को कम करने का प्रयास करना चाहिए।
बिना तेल के खाना पकाने की अवधारणा क्या है?
ट्रायग्लिसराइड का दूसरा नाम तेल है जो धमनियों में अवरोध उत्पन्न करता है। तेल का कोई स्वाद नहीं होता लेकिन भोजन पकाने के लिए उसमें तेल मिलाया जाता है। वसा की हमारी आधारभूत आवश्यकताओं के लिए प्रकृति ने सभी खाद्य पदार्थ जैसे चावल, गेहूं, दालें, फल व सब्जियों को वसा यानी ट्रायग्लिसराइड से भरपूर बनाया है।
दिल संबंधी रोग मेे सूखे मेवे खाने चाहिए?
सूखे मेवे जैसे बादाम, अखरोट, काजू और पिस्ता में 50 फीसदी से अधिक तेल होता है। नारियल और मूंगफली में 40% से अधिक तेल या ट्रायग्लिसराइड होता है। कई दिल संबंधी रोग विशेषज्ञ मरीजों को गलत सलाह देते हैं कि इनमें वसा नहीं होती है। कुछ इन्हें खाने की अनुमति यह कहकर देते हैं कि यह शरीर में बुरे कोलेस्ट्रॉल का स्तर बढ़ाते हैं या इनमें ओमेगा-3 ऑयल होता है लेकिन वे यह नहीं बताते कि सूखे मेवों में 40-64 फीसदी तक ट्रायग्लिसराइड भी होता है जिससे रक्त में इस तत्व का स्तर बढ़ जाता है। इसलिए दिल के रोगियों के लिए सभी सूखे मेवे प्रतिबंधित हैं। किशमिश, मुनक्का, खजूर और खुमानी में लगभग तेल की मात्रा शून्य होती है। दिल संबंधी रोगी इनका प्रयोग कर सकते हैं बशर्ते उन्हें डायबिटीज न हो।