Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amarpali
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AmarpaliYour feedback matters!
I have used susten tablet from the day ovulation, as per doctor suggestion, after 24dpo, very light volume of dark brown discharging from morning, is this due susten tablets or is this period or implantation bleeding or I am pregnant or anything else.
Hi sir when I'm having sex with my wife she is getting more pain and also when I ejaculate inside the vagina it's coming out from that after sometimes It happens 2/4 times. Is there any problem to my wife be pregnant.
I have tsh -9.14 and t3, t4 or normal. I asked to have thyronorm 75mg evry day in the morning. So I started having the tabs since 15 days. Before having tabs my periods were regular. But now I was delayed on period. So do the tablets delays the period or is this a symbol of of pregnancy. Im tensed a lot, please confirm me. I got my last period on march 4, where I supposed to get my period on April 02, but till today I dint have my period.
Hi I have ocd and i’m worried about toxoplasmosis as I drank out of a plastic bottle that had apparently been dropped in a litter tray about 2 weeks ago so f I have a active form of toxoplasmosis and then had unprotected or protected sex with a boy would it pass to him and be active in him as well and would it be an issue for me getting pregnant in the future if I have it now? Also if he has unprotected sex with anyone else to conceive or just for fun would it pass to them and give it them putting them at risk for the future thank you.
It's 2 months since I missed my periods. I took pregnancy test at home , I got only one line. What should I do now?
Pregnancy is one of the most exciting and anxious phase in a woman’s life. There is definitely an information overload from all sources i.e. family, friends, medical team, books, Internet, etc., that is dumped on the mother-to-be. The idea is to prepare her for the delivery. What needs to be borne in mind though is that each delivery is unique and there are no two women who have had the exact same experience.
However, it is good for the mother to know what to expect so that she is mentally prepared and not totally caught unawares when the actual scenes unfold. The following are the sequence of events that she should be aware of and watch out for:
- With the due date nearing, she should keep a watch for the water breaking. This is passing of fluid surrounding the baby and is usually colorless and odorless. However, if it is green or brown, it is an indication that something might be wrong. Immediate medical help should be sought in that case.
- Along with water breaking, contractions is the next thing to watch out for. This is due to the tightening and releasing of the uterus, indicating that the baby has begun to descend down towards the cervix. If these last for up to a minute, occur every five minutes, and persist for up to an hour, it is a clear indication that it is delivery time and you must head to the hospital.
- Two sensations very prominent during delivery are pain and pressure. The pressure is from the baby passing down the birth canal. As the cervix and the vaginal canal expand to allow passage of the baby, there would be a great deal of pain and pressure. It is not just the mother, even the baby exerts significant pressure to come out of the womb during labor.
- The process of the baby getting out of the womb is what is medically termed as labor and has three distinct stages to it:
- The first stage has two parts to it i.e. an initial, gradual phase that may last for a few hours and a later, quicker phase. The rate of progress of delivery is steady.
- The second stage usually lasts for about two hours, during which the cervix is minimally dilated and pushing begins. This stage lasts until the baby is out of the womb.
- The third and the last stage is where the placenta is extracted and the umbilical cord is cut.
Some common problems you may expect include injury or tearing of the vagina or cervix, need for episiotomy, vomiting, passing of motion, anesthetic complications, etc. However, what would remain etched in the mother’s memory would be the first sight of the baby.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!