Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Gurgaon. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Alok Kumar Gupta
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Alok Kumar GuptaYour feedback matters!
I have black spots and pimple on my face and back but they will not reduce on any treatment so what I should be done and reduce this problem.
We all want to look our best. Being well dressed and presentable boosts our confidence and equips us to deal better with any professional or personal obligations that we may have. Someone who’s sharply dressed, well done hair, properly done eyebrows, no trace of facial or body hair, will make a better first impression than someone who’s unkempt. And it is a commonly agreed upon fact that the first impression on someone will speak volumes about our future interactions with them.
One of the most observable feature of our entire getup is facial and body hair. Imagine being completely updated with the latest trends while choosing an attire, but then your body hair shows through! It will be a little disconcerting and plays down all our efforts. Understandably, going to salons for waxing/threading or even tweezing on a regular basis can be time consuming and many times, we might also feel too lazy to step out for the sole purpose of hair removal. Rather than going to the parlour for hair removal every month (and in some case, once in every two weeks even), it makes more sense to find a more permanent solution to this. Opting for laser hair removal can rid us of this headache (Learn more about headache/migrain problem).
Laser hair removal is a modern technology developed for the increasingly chic and conscious population that likes to be always ready to go out without worrying about a disturbing view of stubble spoiling their look. Laser hair removal is a non-invasive procedure that removes unwanted hair from our body without major side effects, by using a long pulsed laser. Lasers can cause localized damage by selectively heating dark matter or melanin. Hence, it targets the hair follicle, while not heating the rest of the skin. General side effects include mild itchiness, temporary redness and swelling, pain, tingling or a temporary feeling of numbness. (Learn more about Laser Hair Removal Treatment)
But, be careful as to do careful research before finalising your specialist. It’s imperative to hold thorough discussions with the team that carries out the hair removal and be assured of their competence.
Festive season is a time of fun, beauty and indulgence. There is always an excitement when Diwali is around the corner. It is all about fun, mingling with your family and friends, and eating sweets and snacks. But during this mood of elation and celebration, one forgets that what goes inside also shows up externally. There are the endless parties for which you would dress up and style. So there will be the blow drying, ironing, styling, make-up, late nights, and to top it all, the alcohol and cigarettes. This, coupled with the excess smoke and pollution affects the skin and hair to a large extent.
Here are few tips on how can you keep your skin glowing and hair healthy during the festive season. To start with, let me explain what damages your skin and hair and how.
- Sugar – Sugar suppresses the activity of our white blood cells and thus makes us more susceptible to infections. It also worsens allergies and causes damage because of the breaking down of good proteins, leading to the formation of Advanced Glycation End-products (AGE). AGE makes the proteins in the collagen and hair stiff and hard; thus speeding up the process of skin ageing and making the hair brittle. One of the main reasons for wrinkles, deep lines, and sagging skin is AGE. So gorging high sugar foods during festivals can lead to fine lines and excessive dryness. So please be mindful of what you are eating during this time.
- Smoke – Smoke and pollution damage hair and skin. It makes the skin dry and scalp irritated or even itchy. Too much exposure can lead to boils/ folliculitis, skin rash, and acne exacerbation. To prevent this, you should wash your hair and body thoroughly the day after the festival to counteract the damage caused by smoke and ash.
- Excessive make-up and styling – You need to dress up and look pretty on festival days. This means excessive make-up and hair styling products, blow drying, and ironing. Not all this is harmful, but what worsens the situation is when you ignore or forget to remove them all off after the party is over. Always remember to follow your night-time skincare regime and cleanse your hair of all the styling products.
- Alcohol and cigarettes – These worsen the condition of your hair and skin. Alcohol makes the skin flushed and dehydrated with broken capillaries. And cigarettes compromise the blood supply to your skin. So cut down on cigarettes and alcohol as much as possible.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Be on a healthy diet always, especially a month before the festivals start.
- Avoid too many sweets.
- Drink plenty of fluids like water, coconut water, and buttermilk.
- Try to cut down on your alcohol intake and cigarettes.
- Apply an anti-oxidant cream which contains vitamin A, C, E or Q10 during the day, underneath your sunscreen.
- Remove every trace of make-up and apply a good nourishing night cream.
- Start oiling your hair with light oils like the ones which are coconut-based.
- Do not use mousse on hair. If you do, then wash it off at night or the next morning.
- Blow drying with low heat is better than ironing. Ironing can lead to hair breakage.
- Avoid harsh surface chemical treatments during the Diwali month – be it for skin or hair.
- Include some cardio exercises in your daily routine.
So, follow these simple steps to look gorgeous and feel gorgeous during this festive season!