Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Alka MalhotraYour feedback matters!
Hi, I'm 30 years old and live in Bangalore. Currently suffering with nasal allergy sensitive to dust and pollution. I'm commuting with a pollution mask with 2.5 micron protection. However place where I live is surrounded with constructions and so, I believe I'm breathing dust during my stay in home. After every nap or sleep, I'm getting around 10 intensive sneezes and most of the time an itching feel stay in nose. As this happening since more than two weeks, my nose become flaky. I'm wondering how should I get be treated for a long term solution. Not sure which specialist I should meet? Please advice me. I had treatment for myofascial chest pain and nasal allergy six months back.
I have bilateral tympanic membranes perforations.I do not want to undergo any surgery i.e Tympanoplasty. I am fond of swimming .How should I proceed?
My 5 years old son is suffering from running left ear & bad odor from ear & ENT Doctors are suggesting for surgery (adenoids, but looking the success rate of surgery of Ear that is not so good, what should I do?
My weights 83 kgs with a height of 6 feet. And I want to lose weight as according to my BMI calculation I am in overweight category now. Please suggest me how I can lose weight upto 10 kgs as early as possible. I runs daily morning for 2 kms at normal speed but then after doing that I remained tired and feel dizziness for whole of the day and it affects my study a lot. Please suggest me a proper diet plan and other measures to solve out my issue.
I am suffering from breathing problems When I run a little or walk I suffers in breathing I am of 16 in age and contains a large number of white hairs in fact my half of head is white I consulted doctor he told that I might be having SINUS but I checked symptoms of sinus on Internet but symptoms didn't match.
I am a diabetic and came to about this just before 2 months now a days since 2 weeks I feeling problem in breathing even when not working bt normal during sleep. I try to breath then when taking inside can not complete then start yawn. What medicine should I take and what to get checked I got checked eecho tmt etc b4 one month it all was normal. Please help what to get chkd 40 yrs old I m.
I am 21 year old. When I live in crowded area or consult a new person I am feeling very nervousness and I can't control my mind that's like hypnotized and in my right side ear continuously playing some sound like tintless problem then I have depressed. Pls help me.
Good morning sir/madam I am suffering from dizziness when I stand after sitting. If I move my head suddenly, its make vertigo. Why this happen.
Sinusitis or sinus infections can be quite a debilitating ailment when it becomes recurrent. Sinuses are cavities within our head just behind the nose which extends up to our forehead and to certain areas of the cheeks. These cavities are filled with a mucosal lining which helps you breathe and also filters the air which goes to the lungs. When the mucosal lining gets inflamed, it blocks the normal drainage of the mucus into the nose. This results in headaches, nasal polyps and general discomfort. Homeopathy offers some great remedies for this condition, without side effects. Some of these are discussed below.
Homeopathic remedies for sinus problems
- Belladonna: This medication is very effective when the sinusitis has resulted in a suppressed discharge from the nose which occurs intermittently. If you have a splitting headache which feels unbearable, Belladonna can help relieve the symptoms quickly. If the infection of the sinus has spread to the throat and results in cough, Belladonna can be equally effective in those circumstances as well.
- Pulsatilla: If you are experiencing a greenish mucosal discharge from your nose without a painful burning sensation within it, Pulsatilla can be a very effective cure. Another indication where this medication is very effective is when you have headaches centered just above your eyes rather than over the forehead or other parts of your face.
- Kali Bichrome: This is another commonly prescribed medication to deal with the symptoms of sinusitis as well as to reduce inflammation and cure sinusitis altogether. If you have a lot of mucosal discharge that drops into your throat along with discharges through the nose, Kali Bichrome is the drug to go to. Other indications where it is effective are pain and heaviness in the nose and the inability to breathe with headaches in and around the eyes.
- Silicea: If you are feeling cold and constantly chilly along with nasal stuffiness, Silicea is the medication to go to. Along with discharges, your nose may form hard mucous crusts within it. Trying to manually remove these crusts may also cause bleeding. Silicea will reduce these symptoms and is also effective in reducing a headache which occurs mostly on the left side of your face.
- Merc Sol: If you are experiencing a yellowish green discharge from the nose along with a burning sensation and increased saliva secretion in your mouth, Merc Sol is the remedy to turn to. It is also effective wherein the headache has spread all around the head. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.