Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Alka Malhotra
Submit a review for Dr. Alka MalhotraYour feedback matters!
I am a female of about 49 years a vegetarian & a vocal music teacher. For last six months I feel throat problem. As soon as I start singing, within a minute, I feel dry cough and unable to sing.
I have been suffering from sinusitis for the last 2 years. The problem is severe during the day time. It occurs periodically, normally it happens every 2 weeks. I feel irritated and seems like getting angry those times. Please, tell me doctor, is that signs of migraine ? What should I do ?
Sir, I have small hole in both ear, my age is 26 yrs, is there any laser operation for it in Patna .if it is then how much cost it will take, please suggest me sir.
I am 20 year old. Male. I have to ask that some time I got pain in ear soo much I don't know why it rarely happen and its from childhood so, what to do once I visited to doctor and he say all alright. Thank you.
I am 25 years old female. Suddenly I got beaten on my throat on one side. I felt the pain up to my stomach. Now there is a slight fever and pain in my throat.
My friend has sinusitis anf headache frequently Any medication to follow which will treat this disease completely?
Sir a person is suffering from hypertension he has bleeding from nose sometime. Is it dangerous he takes medicine for lowering blood pressure but still he has bleeding. What does bleeding from nose signify.
I have ear problem. My left is block for five days I think I hav wax problem in my ear. Please suggest some way to get rid of it. Thank you.
Hi actually I had operated in 2009 for pilonidal sinus and till the date I am just unable to loose my fat of body so please suggest me what to do.
I feel frequently something is there inside my left ear from last 1 week but I removed all dust using a spatula and now practically nothing is inside the ear and its clean but still am feeling something inside. That irritates a lot. What may be the reason and how to cure it.
I am a 24 years old woman suffering from mild insomnia. This leads to headache and dizziness in the morning. Please suggest a cure to this problem.
I am 26 years old and from last 3-4 years when I go to sleep and while on bed they start itching in my throat and not finish till I cough. Itching not happened continuously but it irritate me lot. Please advised me what to do?
I am suffering from 6 month ,running nose ,nose blockage, sneezing ,cough. What should i do to cure?
My child aged 13 years suffering with cold for the last one week. When contacted an ENT, he said that she need surgery due to sinusitis and advised CT scan? What can I do? Is it not curable without surgery?
I have problem of in my nostrils And whole year I am suffering cold, I also take medicine and some nasal drop but still I am suffering from this problem. Please give me a solution of it?
Throat infections can affect anyone. Your throat will feel swollen and sore and swallowing may become difficult. The flu and common cold flu virus can cause infections along with allergies, bacterial infections, breathing polluted air or smoking.
Conventional treatment only suppresses the symptoms; it also has side effects. Homeopathy focuses on rooting out the disease from within, instead of just concentrating on suppressing on the symptoms. All the homeopathic remedies gradually treat and cure your disease and have no side effects whatsoever.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is the best homeopathic remedy for throat infections. Belladonna is also good for Tonsillitis (swollen and red tonsils with white patches inside your throat) and difficulties in swallowing.
- Hepar Sulph: If you have a splinter-like sensation in your throat along with soreness, Hepar Sulph can be very beneficial in treating the symptoms.
- Phosphorus: Phosphorus is the best medicine for "clergyman's throat" (agitated tickling in your larynx when you speak).
- Lachesis: Difficulty in swallowing fluids when you have a sore throat is best treated with Lachesis. Chronic tonsillitis is also treated with Lachesis.
- Ignatia: If you feel like you have a lump in your throat and you cannot gulp food easily, Ignatia can work well.
- Bryonia: Bryonia is used to treat dry cough along with a sore throat.
- Drosera: Spasmodic, dry coughs with a sore throat are best treated with Drosera.
- Merc Sol: Red, swollen and sore throats are treated with Merc Sol. Throat problems that worsen with weather changes can be taken care of with this medicine.
- Arsenicum Album: If your common cold also gives you a sore throat, then you can opt for Arsenicum Album. This medicine is also useful if you have watery and thin nasal discharge.
- Aconite: Burning and a painful sore throat induced by common cold and sneezing are treated well with Aconite.
- Causticum: Sometimes your throat can get sore from shouting or if you talk loudly at a stretch. In such a situation, Causticum can prove to be beneficial.
- Argentum Metallicum: If your throat is sore and feels raw and worse after straining your voice, then Argentum Metallicum is helpful.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla is mostly prescribed to children with sore throats and mucus formations in their chests.
- Baryta Carbonica: Enlarged tonsils, painful and sore throats in children are best treated with Baryta Carbonica.