Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Alka Kakkar
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Alka KakkarYour feedback matters!
Homoeopathy: the science of healing from within
The unique way of treatment optimises the patient's ability to heal its body, thus making homoeopathy universally applicable to all kinds of diseases.
A homoeopathic doctor has a different way of exploring the patient.
A homoeopathic-practitioner aims at an overall, comprehensive approach towards each one of its patients. An excellent homoeopathic practitioner not only should aim at taking steps in understanding and curing the disease, but also be learning about the patient's lifestyle, thought-processes, and psychological make-up that may affect the medical conditions. Homoeopathic physicians, like any other doctor, ask you about your health history, clinically examine you, and conduct investigations.
Keen to know you
A homoeopath may not only ask you questions about your physical health but also your mental health. There may be psychological treatments first, as homoeopathic doctors believe that it is crucial to know the psychological status of the patient; what is one going through in the personal life, and such aspects that affect the patient's medical conditions. The doctor will take a keen interest in knowing the patient as an individual, including the unique way in which the patient presents its symptoms.
Homoeopathic consultation includes questions about the person's lifestyle, eating habits, sleeping patterns, and approach towards a stressful situation. Considering all these factors, a homoeopath will select the most appropriate medicine that will stimulate the patient's ability to heal itself. This method helps a homoeopath to prescribe the medication in a particular potency. This medicine is either in pills/globules form or dilution in a liquid form.
Is homoeopathy capable of treating every disease?
Homoeopathy applies to all kinds of diseases, all acute as well as chronic conditions that can be treated with other medicines. May it be a simple cough and cold, urinary tract infection, or chronic diseases such as asthma, arthritis, pcod (polycystic ovary disease; affecting one in 10 women), diabetes, and many more.
Following is a list of diseases that homoeopathy can effectively treat:
- Infections: acute rhinitis (inflammation of the nose membrane), conjunctivitis, urinary tract infections, gastroenteritis, amoebiasis, and a few more.
- Pediatric illnesses: repeated respiratory tract infections, bronchitis, acute and chronic otitis media, and adenoid hypertrophy.
- Skin illnesses: urticaria, psoriasis, eczema, warts, and more.
- Female-specific disorders: menstrual irregularities, pcod, menopause related complaints, complaints during pregnancy and lactation.
- Disease of psychosomatic origin: a migraine, irritable bowel syndrome, and more.
Is there any specific age group? can a child be treated with homoeopathy?
For homoeopathic treatment, there is no specific age limit. You can be of any age and may simultaneously take some other treatment; homoeopathy has suitable solutions for your complaints. These medicines have no restrictions even during pregnancy and lactation whereas other medications may have.
Why should one choose a homoeopathic treatment over other pathies?
Homoeopathic medicines are tested on healthy human beings; repeated trials are conducted, before application in patients. These are safe medicines for patients, including during pregnancy and lactation.
These medicines are pleasant to taste and hence can be used for any generation; from infants to geriatric groups. Oftentimes, they are not costly and affordable to all. They have no side effects, and homoeopathy does not have any habit-forming medicines.
How does one know that the medicine has expired?
One cannot consume the medicine if the globules have changed their colour from white to yellow. If the drug in liquid form has changed its colour or has turned into sediments, it is considered as expired. On purchasing the new medicines, they may have a smell of alcohol as they are freshly medicated. This smell reduces with time, but do not worry the loss of alcohol-smell does not affect the medicine's power to cure a disease. Homoeopathic medicines need to be stored in a cool and dry place away from sunlight.
My baby is 25 days old and has 9.41 bilirubin. She took phototherapy two week before when level was 17.7 but it came down to 6 and now again is at 9.41.Should I stop breast feeding. Please suggest.
Hello my 9 month baby suffer with fever and caugh from last 1 month, but she unable to recover. She is good from last 2 days but now again suffered with same problem, doctor stop cozymin and start levolyn for her, why levolyn. They are playing with my baby.
My daughter is 1 years 5 months old. She passed the loose stool in mustard color n I think with mucus also. please suggest me medicine. Passed two stools in 1 hr.
If you have noticed your child to be restless and anxious all the time, it might look cute as the child is highly energetic, but it could be a cause for concern at the same time. It is not normal and the child could be having ADHD that is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. As the name suggests, it is a disorder with deficiency of attention and in which the child is always hyperactive.
ADHD is a disorder in which the symptoms usually show up before the age of seven. It is characterized by a group of behavioral symptoms that include inattentiveness, hyperactivity and impulsiveness. The impact of these symptoms is felt extensively where his overall self-esteem is affected, be it at home, preschool or school, academics or extracurricular activities and in interpersonal relationships.
The most common symptoms, which are almost diagnostic of ADHD are:
- Inability to hold attention: The child's attention span is very short and it is very difficult to keep them engaged on one particular thing.
- Increased restlessness: The child would be extremely restless and gets distracted easily.
- Fidgeting: The child would be seen constantly fidgeting with his fingers.
The following are the less common ones:
- Learning disability is rare, but can happen. However, the good news is that it does not affect the child's intelligence.
- Sleep disorders
- Difficulty in following directions
- Poor executive functioning skills
- Disorganization, which can lead to poor motor coordination and impaired movements
- ADHD kids tend to forget things very easily and need help with coordinating movements
- The child suffering from ADHD could easily tire and/or feel lethargic with very low energy levels. This can lead to the child procrastinating things and not wanting to do things on priority basis
- These children also have difficulties with fine motor and cognitive skills and so there is delay in their overall participation in games.
While these are the pressing symptoms of ADHD, occupational therapy can play a significant role in managing the child in the following ways. As a first step, the caregiver should have a detailed discussion with the school staff and any other people with whom the child interacts significantly.
This will help identify areas that need support from an Occupational Therapy, which are the following:
- Support with gross and/or fine motor skills
- Support with improving handwriting
- Support with engaging in playing sports and games
- Support in engaging in social activities
- Improving sensory processing difficulties
- Improving visual perception
- Support in adapting to the environment
- Teaching strategies to participate in various social and academic activities
So, while an ADHD child is definitely a cause for concern, proper support from family can help manage the condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.