Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
She is 5.6 years old. She had viral fever along with urine infection. She is better now. No temp for the past 2 days and her blood test report says everything is normal. Docs asked us not to expose her outside as her WBC count has gone down. She is part of a theatre play which is to be staged on Sunday. Can we take her for practice for one hr on Sat and for the final on Mon?
My daughter is 8 years old. From last 6 month she is suffering with headache which comes some times. As consult with Doctor's (MD child special. She told us to give like paracetamol at two times and checkup for eye test. But eye test report are OK and Headache is going on same. By checkup with another doctor (Head of departments of medical institute. Child specialist. He told us cannot say on this stage but no solution till date till time. Can anyone show me forward path. What can I do at this stage
Actually 14 years old my son but not sincere just like 06 year of knowledge so how to improve the brain of my son.
My Son is one year old . Facing cold & cough again & again also what should I feed him bcz he not wants to eat cerelac , dal etc. What should I give me ?
My girl is 14 month old, she is not on breastfeeding now and was eating solids, two weeks back she got cold from that she stopped eating food, now she is cured too, but now to she avoids food, I used to give rice dal idli dosa chapatti but now she almost avoids everything, if I compel she cries n never open mouth, hardly she eats 1 spoon of what I give then goes away, im totally scared seeing this is there any solution for this? Is this a very serious issue?
To augment the quantity of breast milk, take 1 gm roasted wheat flour, 10 gm walnut leaves, mix the two and prepare chapattis. Fry the chapattis in ghee made from cow's milk. Eating these chapattis for seven days increases the production of breast milk.
Advent forte syrup and zifi 100 medicine same? I was giving advent to my child now doctor has prescribed zifi should I continue giving advent or change to zifi.
Hi doctor this is seven. I have a daughter of 5 months. White bleeding is happening to her from her birth onwards that is of low bleeding but every day is happening still now. She born with low weight of 2 kg and 25 days before my expected delivery dat due to my high bp. Can you tell me why that white bleeding happening to my 5 months baby.
My daughter is about two years old. Her grand parents are worried about her weight & giving junk food & soft drinks inorder to increase her weight. She weighs 9.5kg. Is it too low.
My son is 6years old. His weight is 23 KGS. And height is 4ft. But is very thin as if he is very weak. Wants to lie down always I have to force him to eat 3 meals and fruits. But with lots and lots of pressure. He has adenoids. He is been treated for the same. Please help.
My niece is 6months old. Doctor told to start solid food, now my sister is giving semisolid food. What else can we give to baby.
My child is 4 year and 10 month old. I take proper oral care of him, still he has bad odour in his mouth, especially after he wakes up in the morn and in the afternoon. Can I use listerine mouth wash? please suggest.
A baby should be breastfeed for at least the first few months after birth. Breastfeeding has a number of benefits for both the mother and child. Apart from being the best source of nutrition for the baby, it also helps the mother and child bond.
Here are a few benefits of breastfeeding your baby.
- Nutrition: No formula can be compared to the nutrition provided by a mother’s milk. The first milk produced by a mother’s breasts is known as colostrum which is rich in antibodies and proteins. Breast milk is made up of the perfect mix of proteins, vitamins and essential fats. It is also easier to digest as compared to formula feeds.
- Immunity boost: A mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and helps strengthen the newborn child’s immunity. These antibodies also help lower the baby’s risk of developing asthma or allergies later in life. Babies that are breastfed are also said to have a lower risk of suffering from ear infections, respiratory problems and diarrhoea. It also plays an important role in lowering chances of sudden infant death syndrome. Breastfeeding is also said to protect babies from certain types of cancer in infancy and later stages,
- Bonding: While being breastfed, a baby is held close to the mother and has skin to skin contact. This makes the baby feel secure and helps him or her to bond with the mother. For the mother, this process can also help fight postpartum depression and help reconnect with the baby.
- Healthy weight: Babies who are breastfed are said to be less likely to develop obesity. This is because breast milk has lower levels of insulin as compared to formula and babies who are breastfed have higher level of appetite and fat regulating hormone called leptin. As they grow, these babies put on a healthy amount of weight, but refrain from overeating and have healthier eating patterns. This helps maintain a healthy BMI and prevents diseases like diabetes etc.
- Boosts intelligence: Studies show that babies who were breastfed for the first six months have a higher IQ than those who were not. Thus, breastfeeding is said to play a significant role in cognitive development. There are two main reasons for this. Firstly, breast milk is said to fatty acids that are not available in formulas, Secondly, the emotional bonding between mother and child is also said to contribute towards boosting IQ levels.