Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Alka KakkarYour feedback matters!
Mere bachhe ne lohe ka tukhdha nigal liya hai abhi ander hai x Ray me dikhai de raha hai kya karu bachhe 5 saal hai kafi tension hai.
Why do babies spit up?
Babies spit up when they've eaten too much or when they've swallowed too much air while feeding. Spitting up usually happens when babies burp. It can also happen when your baby is drooling. Spitting up is not vomiting. Babies usually don't notice when they spit up. Vomiting is forceful and painful. Spitting up is common for most babies until about the time they can eat solid foods (usually around 6 months to 1 year of age).
The medical term for "spitting up" is gastroesophageal reflux, or reflux. It happens when milk or solid food in the stomach comes back up into your baby's esophagus (the esophagus is the tube that joins the mouth and the stomach).
What can I do to help my baby?
Feed your baby by placing him or her in an upright position. If you bottle-feed you baby, burp him or her every 3 to 5 minutes. Make sure the hole in the nipple on the bottle is not too large, or milk will come out too fast. Avoid laying your baby down following a feeding or moving him or her around too much before the food settles in the stomach.
Some babies spit up less if their formula is thickened with rice cereal. Ask your doctor if you can add 2 to 3 teaspoons of rice cereal to each ounce of formula. You might have to use a nipple with a larger hole so the thicker formula will come out easily.
Some babies also spit up less if they are given less milk at each feeding, but are fed more often.
Will reflux cause problems for my baby?
Spitting up is messy, but it is normal during your baby's early months. It rarely involves choking, coughing or pain.
However, you should contact your doctor if you notice your baby has the following symptoms:
Is not gaining weight.
Spits up a large amount of milk (more than 1 or 2 tablespoons)
Spits up or vomits forcefully
Has fewer wet diapers than normal
Seems very tired or lethargic
Spits up green or brown liquid
Should I CONSULT A doctor
If your baby experiences any of the symptoms listed above, you should CONSULT ONLINE PRIVATELY IN THIS SITE/drsajeev/lybrate
First, your doctor will make sure your baby is healthy and growing well. Your doctor will also check to see if your baby has breathing problems. If your doctor thinks your baby is fine, nothing else needs to be done. Your doctor will probably want to see your baby regularly./REMAIN IN CONSTANT TOUCH,ONLINE OR PERSONALLY
If your baby's reflux is causing excessive problems, your doctor may prescribe medicine to help treat it. This medicine is the same one used for heartburn in adults. If your baby continues to not gain weight or develops other problems, your doctor might do some additional tests.
My 7 months old baby has swollen palm dorsal side (right alone). No pain. Normal movement. What is the reason for the swelling.
I have given my daughter carrots in her food (lunch & dinner). But the next day I found undigested particles of carrot in her stool. She is absolutely fine. The quality of the stool was also good. I am afraid that is it indigestion? She has recently suffered from UTI and lost 2 kgs. She also suffers from constipation. Her age is 2 years 3 months.
Breast milk provides essential nutrients for infants and is a mix of nutrients, which include vitamins, proteins and fat that are necessary for a baby's growth. Apart from benefitting babies, breastfeeding benefits mothers too.
Here are 4 benefits of breastfeeding:
1) Provides nutrients and protection to the baby - The best food a mother can give to her baby is her breast milk. It helps your baby to grow and develop. Breast milk is custom-made by all mothers for their own babies and, thus, contains a perfect mix of essential nutrients. Breast milk contains a mixture of protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins and minerals, which are very important for the proper growth and development of the baby. It also contains many antibodies that reduce the chance of diseases and allergies. In fact, the milk's content changes as your baby grows to keep up with the infant's needs.
2) Convenience - The milk from breasts is always safe and fresh, and is precisely of the right temperature, which what makes it a convenient food for the baby. What's more, it doesn't require heating, boiling or sterilizing as such; and can be fed to the baby anywhere, anytime.
3) Benefits mothers - According to a research, breastfeeding, to an extent, provides protection against breast and ovarian cancer. It also serves as a measure of protection against weak bones in the later part of life. Calories are required in order to produce milk. So, breastfeeding helps to gradually lose weight after pregnancy as well. Moreover, breast feeding also defers the return of menstruation for a little while.
4) Continues the special relationship between mother and child - The bond between a mother and a child strengthens due to the intimacy and the closeness involved in breastfeeding. One of the remarkable facts about this is the more a baby breastfeeds, the more milk the mother produces.
Related Tip: Why is breastfeeding so good for your baby and you?
7 years old my daughter is suffering from multiple cavities, if she get new teeth will she get cavities again? how to get rid of this problem?
My daughter body is week. She is not healthy in her age and her body colours is dull. She is looking some black colour. Whats the reason please tell. And what I do.
Along with the baby, the mother also benefits physically and emotionally from breastfeeding. Due to the release of the prolactin hormones, a peaceful and nurturing sensation fills the mother.
My 6 month old daughter head from backside is soft only a finger tip size . If we touch it goes inside i mean skull is not developed yet and she has fallen from bed twice .Is there anything i need to worry about .I have never heard about backside heard front skull is normal if it is not developed . Help please?
When should I start giving my baby solids (weaning? How much exercise should my child do? Are squash and pure fruit juice better for children than fizzy drinks?
My 6 months old daughter is pooping 7 times a day. Little by little. I'm giving her cerelac rice, nan pro 2, apple juice. Wat should I do?
My paedtrician advice me my 5 yr old boy hyper active. So I consult with neurologist they advice for therapy n told no need of medicines. I also consult with psychologist they advice for medicines. So I want to know wat should I do. I should follow neurologist or psychologist.
My niece vomits every time when she coughs. She is 4 year old and this problem is for more than a month. Kindly advice
For my 1 year 2 month child affected by Kawasaki disease Then 4 days armored and gave IVIG. Then last two days they given 150 mg aspirin for 6 hours once. Per dose is 187 mg. After they given IVIG he did get any fever as of now. Then they advised to continue for another 12 days. In my question is still how many days he need to take medicine? Then it will affect his nomal life?
I'm a 17 year old girl, in the last year of school. I regularly eat fried food, and processed item. Junk food is a major part of my diet. I don't exercise AT ALL. Now down to the symptoms: I was eating Smileys (frozen ready to eat-fried potato things), and a swallowed three of them very fast. Suddenly, my ears started popping, there was tightness in my chest, and I was unable to breathe. I could barely ask my friend for water. As soon as I had a sip, I felt better. However, my ears still feel weird. Please help.
My baby boy is 12 days old. He does watery toilet 10-12 times daily. I am giving him domstal baby (domperidone). Please advise him to stable n proper toilet.
My kid has tooth decay problem for 3 teeth. Pls help me to do permanent filling r temporary filling N present he don't have any pain.
Tips to keep kids teeth healthy and strong:
• Wipe gums with a wash cloth after feeding to avoid plaque that can cause tooth decay
• Start brushing twice daily using soft bristle tooth brush once first primary tooth erupts
• Start using fluoride toothpaste at age 3- use only pea- sized amount. Make sure your child spits it out after brushing
• Try to break thumb sucking and pacifier habits by age 4
• Start flossing as soon as teeth touch/ contact each other
• Until children are able to practice proper oral health habits alone, parents should help their child brush and floss twice a day
• Require children who plays support to wear a mouthguard to protect their smile
• Parents can encourage their teens by reminding them that a healthy smile and fresh breath will help them look and feel their best.
1. Schedule your first dental appointment before child’s first birthday.
2. Start visiting your dentist every 6 months.