Lybrate.com has top trusted Pulmonologists from across India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ali Zamir Khan
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ali Zamir KhanYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from dry cough for 2 weeks and chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should I do?
I am 23 years old and recently had a operation of hiatus hernia due to excess khasi and I am having it in the morning and night so what to do now suggest me please so that it can be stopped as well as I do smoking also which I left recently around 25 days earlier so please suggest me.
Hi Doctor, I am 34 years old and taking BP medicines from last 4-years. Some time I feel heaviness in my chest and I feel breath less when I take stairs. Presently I am taking sartel C 40 mg in morning and cilacar 10 mg, arvast F10 in night. I have not consulted any doctor from so many years and taking the same medicine since then. My last 5 bp: 135/85, 140/90, 125/83, 128/85,140/90. Please advice if I need to go for some medical test or change in medication.
Hello Doctor - I very recently did ECG, Ultrasound in Abdomen, Chest X-Ray, CBC and LFT. In ultra sound it is identified I have stone in my right ureter junction causing mild hydroureteronephrosis and I am able to pass urine without any issue but sometimes I get pain in my bladder in chest X-ray it was also identified I have bronchitis in my lungs. Also I did CBC twice in last two weeks and my ESR had increased from 13 - 22 mm/hour and I feel burning sensation all over my body. My physician says it is because of bronchitis and hydroureteronephrosis. I am having burning sensation since last two weeks and because of this I got few black marks in my palms, feet sole and couple of other places. Request if you could advise what is causing this issue? I am 29 years old, Male.
When I run fast my lungs start paining and takes days to heal I don't know even its my lungs or something else is paining.
I am suffering from dust allergy if I inhale any dust I suffered from dry cough and throat pain can you please suggest any solution for this?
Ayurveda is effective because it treats the root of the problem in order to treat it. According to this ancient system of medicine, bronchitis, which is infection of the windpipe, is known as ‘kasa roga’. According to Ayurveda, bronchitis happens primarily due to impaired digestion. This is the reason why Ayurveda treats bronchitis through drugs that have the ability to treat both the lungs and the digestive system. Chronic bronchitis is also caused due to airborne allergens like cigarette smoke and pollution.
The main symptom of bronchitis is chronic inflammation of the bronchial tubes or the windpipes that carry air to the lungs. This infection causes profuse secretion of phlegm. Other notable symptoms are chest pain, chronic cough, fever, poor digestion and loss of appetite, and shortness of breath. Children, senior citizens and those with an impaired immune system are extremely prone to bronchitis. If left untreated for long, bronchitis can manifest as tuberculosis. Another disease bronchitis can mutate into is bronchial asthma.
- Haldi or turmeric, commonly used Ayurvedic spices in the world, is the most common home remedy for bronchitis. One can take a teaspoonful of haldi mixed in a glass of milk in the night for relief. Haldi is more effective if taken on an empty stomach.
- The juice of vasa is also an excellent remedy for bronchitis. One can take it twice or thrice daily.
- Ginger juice and honey mixed in a cup of warm water is also good for easy expectoration of phlegm.
- One can also mix equal quantities of dried ginger, black pepper and long pepper with honey and take a teaspoonful thrice every day.
- Tulsi or holy basil is a great cure for bronchitis. Water boiled with tulsi leaves brings instant relief to a sore throat. One can use this water for gargling too.
- In case of a congested throat ‘khadiradi vati’ gives effective relief, due to catechu that helps relieve congestion.
Shringyadi churna, kaphaketu, kaphachintamani, sitopaladi churna, pravala pisthi, rasa sindur, talisadi churna, haridra khand and vasarishta are a few effective Ayurvedic medicines for bronchitis.
- Protection from cold is key. Cold water and winds should be avoided. Use warm water for bathing, wear warm clothes and avoid excess humidity, dust and allergic pollen. Heavy physical exercises should also be avoided.
- Stay away from cold foods like curd and sour substances, fruits like bananas and guavas, and from alcohol and tobacco.
- Also, one should eat foods that are easy to digest. Lots of leafy vegetables will give one the vitamins and mineral required to fight bronchitis.
- One can also opt for Ayurvedic therapies like Vamana and Virechana to treat bronchitis. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.