Lybrate.com has top trusted Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons from across India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Akanksha
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AkankshaYour feedback matters!
Hi my question is do eating excess amount of sugar, can cause hair fall as right now I am facing hair fall and thinning problems.
Mera baby mere pat me hi mar gaya tha 8 mahine me tab breast ka size kafi badh gaya. How to reduce it?
Sir I am suffering from hair loss since three year and I have taken treatment but there is no relief. Than what I have to do.
I am having guttate psoriasis all over my body and it's too itchy. Please provide a medicine for my relief. Painful. Please help.
Shingles is a type of skin infection that results in rashes on certain parts of the body. It is characterized by a single stripe of blisters that may occur on either side of the body. The varicella-zoster virus that causes chickenpox is also responsible for causing shingles. Once you have had chickenpox, the virus remains in a dormant state in the body. If the virus gets reactivated, it might cause shingles.
The symptoms of shingles are:
- You may experience sensations of numbness and burning on the affected area
- The affected area may be sensitive to touch
- Symptoms of red rashes on the body
- Blisters that are filled with fluid
- Bursting of blisters and crusting
- You may experience fever and headaches
- You may have difficulties in vision
The first symptom of shingles is the pain that results from the rash. In some cases, rashes may occur around the eyes.
Shingles is caused by the virus that is responsible for chickenpox. After lying dormant for certain period of time, the virus may get reactivated and travel through the nerve pathways on the skin. This is more likely to happen if your immunity level is somehow affected, which makes it easier for the body to get infected.
The disease is contagious in nature, so it is advised to stay away from people who have shingles. Remember that if you are not immune to chickenpox, then coming in contact with a person who has shingles, might result in you developing chickenpox.
Shingles may result in certain complications in the body such as:
- Vision loss: Shingles, if present around the eyes, may lead to infections in the eye causing vision problems.
- Post herpetic neuralgia: In some cases, the pain that occurs from shingles may continue well after the infection has subsided.
- Neurological complications: Shingles may cause inflammation in various nerves, resulting in neurological disorders such as facial paralysis and balance problems.
- Infections in the skin: Shingles may also cause infections on the skin.