Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ajay K SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am 60 years old and I have to go for frequent urination at mid night at 2 am to 6 am only. I don't have diabetes or enlarged prostate. What else can be possibilities of other ailments ?
A Gastroenterologist is a physician with dedicated training and unique experience in the management of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and liver. If you are planning to visit one, you most likely have a problem in one or many organs like esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon and rectum, pancreas, gallbladder, bile ducts and liver.
Visit your doctor to understand the severity of your condition and the course of treatment, as it is obvious that during this time you must be suffering from anxiety and you may not ask the questions arising in your mind. That is why you need to prepare in advance for your first visit with a gastroenterologist.
Being an active partner in the doctor patient relationship is bound to have its benefits. Here are some handy tips:
- Come mentally prepared: Don't let the anxiety get to you. If you need some extra help calming down, try yoga or meditation. You can simply go out on a walk alone to help you focus your thoughts. This is just like any other doctor visit. The good part is that you are taking the first step in easing your discomfort and starting treatment, so go with a positive mind.
- Maintain a diary of symptoms: It is likely that you are experiencing discomfort from past few days or weeks before you finally realize the need to seek out a specialist. Try to remember as much as possible about the symptoms you experienced in a chronological order. Write down any over the counter medicines you've tried or anything unusual that you may have consumed in the past week.
- Take stock of your medical history: It is likely that your doctor may want to know about any historic conditions you've suffered that may or may not relate to your present condition. Many ask you to fill out forms during your first time patient registration which includes many minor details about your medical past. List down any allergies, especially food allergies you have.
- Take stock of your recent medical tests: Bring your latest blood tests and imaging tests (X-rays, ultrasounds, MRIs, and CT scans) with you for the doctor's visit. If you have a pre-existing condition like diabetes, thyroid or you suffer from other chronic conditions like increased uric acid, carry your most recent medical reports with you.
- Make a list of questions for the doctor: In most cases, the first visit is a crucial factor in determining whether you want to continue the course of treatment with a particular doctor. This comes out of your ability to trust the doctor, his knowledge and diagnosis and an overall comfort level that comes with how well he handles your questions. Start by making a list of questions you want to ask about your specific condition and course of treatment and see if you get satisfactory answers.
- Brace yourself: If you want to suggest a treatment option, make sure you read up all about it before you tell the doctor.
I have acid reflux problem I am going to a hill station that is at a great height. I get nauseated and have a lot of acidity when I'm on hilly road. What should I do this time That I don't face any problem while driving on and in hilly areas?
Hi sir I had so many pimples on my face, now its gone but pores are there how to close that all & to get fairness,
My brother have serious problem related to his face dark spot although he has not used spec's? So what should he do to get out of this situation?
Hello which Lip gloss / Lip balm should be used as my lips remain dry while kissing. Please give me suggestion doctor which should be used to have good feel.
Sir, my skin getting dark day by day. It is actually tanning but I m not going in the sun. What to do for that ?
Before 2 mnth I have sex with gf and after 15 days some white dots in my penis and testicles under skin and after 1 mnth I feel pain in my testicles and after 2 mnth I chek hiv and p24 and vdrl test the report is negative then I check some blood test then my blood test show typhoid is positive. I take typhoid medicine from ayurvedic clinic for 1 mnth then he stop my medicine nd say you r normal but after 10 days my chest is pain and some pink pimples grow up in my body different part and itching also and I feel some white dots in my body what can ido and in typhoid pink pimples or itching is possible nd pls pls help me what can I do.
I have dark spots in my face since 1 year .i have made many treatment but thr dark spots is not going. Please help me to reduce dark spots.
Hi. I hav a dark complexion. My frnds suggested to use betnovate c for fairness or either melacare cream. R these cream beneficial. Will dey gimme fair complexion. If not. Den please suggest me d best cream.
I have dark circles around my eyes. N I flt dy r due to rubbing of eyes during my younger age n nw I am jst 23 years old n it is not hereditary for me. Advice me to get rid of that.
If you've ever thought about how to rejuvenate your skin and make yourself look younger, chances are that you've heard about chemical peels. As the name suggests, getting a chemical peel involves the application of a chemical on the skin that causes the top layer to peel off. By doing this, a new layer of skin is exposed that is usually smoother than before. Chemical peels are often misunderstood and surrounded by a number of myths.
Let's take a look at three common myths about this procedure.
- All chemical peels are the same: All chemical peels are definitely not the same. Chemical peels can be categorized as light or superficial peels, medium peels and deep peels. A light peel removes only the top layer of skin to make your skin look brighter and reduce wrinkles. Medium depth chemical peels penetrate deeper into the skin and are used to treat sun damage and pigmentation. Deep peels are the strongest type of peels that penetrate into the dermal layers of the skin. They are rarely performed nowadays. Chemical peels also vary on the basis of the chemical used.
- It involves a long recovery: Though the process itself may not take long, the recovery time depends on the type of chemical peel procedure you have undergone. A superficial peel has virtually no recovery time and can be performed even during a working day's lunch break. Medium depth peels can cause discomfort for about an hour after the procedure and can take a few days to heel. During this time, your skin may look patchy and inflamed and may feel itchy. With a deep peel, the skin may heel in 2-3 weeks but usually remains red for a few months.
- It is beneficial only if you have a dermatological issue: You don't need to suffer from a skin problem to undergo a chemical peel. Many women undergo a chemical peel simply to give their skin a glow and to brighten their skin. It can remove wrinkles and uneven skin pigmentation while making the skin smoother and softer to touch. Along with the face, chemical peels can also be done on the neck, chest, back and arms. Chemical peels can do wonders for your skin as long as you choose the right peel for your skin and it is performed safely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I have oily skin I need to wash my face again and again its annoying what soap or cream can I use? please advise.
Hi, I am Dr Aman. I am practising aesthetic physician, in Delhi and Gurgaon. Today we will be taking the concept of skin ageing. The ageing related changes that we see on the face. So, it is very important to understand as to what are the changes which age gives us on the face and tackle them one by one. So it is not only important to take ageing changes externally, our concept is to take care of them in a 360-degree fashion. Whatever we can do externally and internally, so that becomes true anti ageing. So in this, whatever we do with the face externally should also reflect vice- versa. Internally also we have to do something to have the rejuvenation in the body to make the rejuvenating changes reflect on the face.
So, here we have with us a friend of ours who has gracefully been consented to be on the video today. So here we can see all the changes which age gives us. It gives the changes in colour and texture of the skin, it gives changes in lines, the fat changes on the face. The fat because of the gravity pulls down. So these are the changes which need correction, which when we correct show remarkable changes. It takes away our tired look and gives a much fresher look. All of this can be safely managed without over doing it. Sometimes there are some physicians or patients who cross the line. When you over do it, then things start to look strange.
If we have some face lifts from the sides. There are various techniques to lift the face which can make it look better. There are few pictures you can see as it is not advisable to post pictures online on a video profile. So you can see it on my website.
There are filling of the areas, improving the colour and texture of the face, goes a long way in the management of these changes. As far as skin colour and textures are concerned, that we can manage with simple basic things. Certain medicines, certain things to apply. A dermatologist and an aesthetic physician can give you lot of things which you can apply and it works very well.
Whereas the changes that we saw in the lines and wrinkles, the deep lines, the texture of the skin, the hollows on the face, all these need redressal by filling them up. So, for face lifting, we have many options. We have things like Xeomin or Botox which basically a type of protein which relaxes the muscles. We can use filling materials for which various brands are available. We can use fillers which are helpful in filling hollows of the skin and also helps in the lifting of the face.
Similarly, there are ways especially from the side of the face which help in the lifting of the sagging face.
Along with these treatments, there are many skin tightening treatments like Thermage, ul-therapy, fractional radio-frequency and thread lifts. All od these can be combined, depending on their skin type or depending on your age, as best recommended by your dermatologist.
Things like fillers, botulinum toxin, botox, they help in filling lifting. We can get V shape and a lifting kind of a look, we can get our hollows filled.
So, these are all the external treatments which we can give. So, the true inside face lifting, we will take up in the part-2.
So, now you can see the patient is ready. The procedure will hardly take few minutes. So it is just to demonstrate you that how the treatments work. After the treatment, the lines are relaxed, it will look more firmer.