Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Aditi KhuranaYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old I have a pain for the teeth & it leads to head ache & sometimes eye pain it is because of new teeth i/e I think so.
I have problem in my gums, bleeding while brushing. My tooth became yellowish a little. please give me any suggestion in order to get rid of this problem. And please suggest me a toothpaste which can whiten my tooth. Thanks.
It’s something most people have suffered one time or another and one that many people dread—a toothache. When people are in pain, they don’t know what to do. How soon should they get to the dentist?? Should they try to just deal with it on their own? What do they do?
Obviously, the first thing to do is call your dentist’s Clinic. Leave a message or ask any staff who answer how quickly you can be seen. Describe the ache, its location and what makes it worse. Heat? Cold? Pressure? Lying down? Standing up? Are your gums bleeding in that area? Is there any pus being discharged? Is there a bad taste in your mouth? Is the pain continuous or does it only come on at certain times? Is there any fever?
They key is to get to the dentist as soon as possible. A toothache means that you actually have a health problem. Putting this off will only make things get worse. And even if the pain eases up, the underlying cause for the pain hasn’t been addressed. Infections do more than cause pain—they can actually cause further problems if not handled. Therefore, you must get to a dentist as quickly as you can. At Smile Up Dental Care & Implant Center, the Clinic of Dr. Ratnika Agarwal, we have emergency after hours because of this exact reason. The first thing to do is call and let us know what problem you’re having.
However, even with the fastest trip to the dentist, you still may be in pain for a couple hours. Following are a few tips to follow while you’re on the way to the Clinic.
Fast Toothache Remedies:
The best remedy for a toothache depends on the most likely cause for your toothache. While you will need a dental exam and perhaps an x-ray to know the exact cause, you can use these gentle solutions to get any improvement possible:
- Gum Infection. If you have swelling and pain around a tooth but no fever and little or no pain on chewing, you may simply have an infection in your gum. Start with flossing gently to remove any food particles that could be irritating your gums. Then rinse your mouth thoroughly with warm salt water.You can also soothe irritated gums with aloe vera. Massage aloe juice on your gums with a clean finger for one to two minutes. Then rinse with warm water.
Warm and cold compresses held up to your face next to the swollen gums can also help. Start with a warm, moist compress for five minutes, then follow with a cold compress held against the face until it starts to feel numb. Repeat this cycle two or three times. If the pain returns, you can go through this cycle again.
An antiseptic mouth rinse can also help. Ask your pharmacist to recommend one for you. Swish through your mouth and teeth for 30 seconds, then rinse thoroughly.
- Tooth Infection. If you have an infection in your tooth or jawbone, you might have a fever, and there would be a swelling in the gum or in the jaw over the root of the tooth. It’s likely to hurt when you chew. Your breath may be bad and you may have a sour taste in your mouth. You may notice pus draining into your mouth. In this case, your only remedy is an over-the-counter pain reliever and arriving in your dentist’s chair on an emergency basis. Look for ibuprofen or acetaminophen, unless there’s any allergy or sensitivity to these pain relievers.
- Trauma. If you receive a blow to a tooth or bite a foreign object in your food, cold compresses
used as described above can help ease the pain until you see your dentist.
With the right care, it’s possible to go your whole life without a toothache. Here’s what you should do to avoid this problem:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft toothbrush. Focus on brushing gently for two full minutes, not forgetting the teeth all the way in the back of your mouth.
- Floss every day. This is important but many people don’t make the time for it. If you have a bridge or two, flossing under your bridge (with floss threaders) will help your bridge last longer and extract food particles that might irritate or infect your gums.
- See your dentist regularly. If you follow his or her treatment advice, you’ll be able to handle any problems while they are small. In most cases, it’s a problem that has been developing for quite a while that turns into a toothache.
The key thing to remember is to not wait a single minute! When you realize you have a toothache, call your dentist immediately and ask them to squeeze you into their schedule. This is, by far, the best solution to any tooth, gum or mouth pain.
Also putting a lot of pressure on the teeth can cause good amount of wear and tear of the teeth as well as the gums
Sjögren’s Syndrome/Sicca syndorme is a condition which is an autoimmune disease. This condition has no treatment with conventional system of medicines. Patients are advised to survive on Steroidal Remedies or immunosuppressive medicines. These medicines have severe side effects on the body and lead to the poor quality of life. A patient doesn’t get the relief from the disease. But starts inviting other complications with all such treatments. Sukhayu Ayurved is a prime institution Sjögren's Syndrome treatment in Ayurveda of Ayurveda where we are providing Sjögren’s Syndrome treatment in Ayurveda.
What happens in Sjögren’s Syndrome?
Dry eyes and dry mouth are two main symptoms which appear in Sjögren’s Syndrome. Other than these there are several other symptoms too
- Joint pain is another common symptom of Sjögren’s Syndrome. Morning stiffness might be present just similar to the rheumatoid arthritis. Prolonged fatigue and tiredness also appear in these cases.
- Because of lack of saliva- salivary glands start swelling up. This happens due to heavy working of the glands. Skin rashes along with dry skin is also another symptom of Sjögren’s Syndrome. Due to dryness in throat, patients come with a complaint of regular dry cough.
- Apart from all these signs and symptoms the most common thing in Sjögren’s Syndrome is – dry eyes and dry mouth. The noun dry eye syndrome and dry mouth syndrome are also in use because of the commonness of these symptoms.
Ayurveda About Sjögren’s Syndrome
The main thing in the treatment is the correct diagnosis. Until unless we don’t have the correct diagnosis in Ayurvedic terms, it is hard to treat or take a case for any of the diseases. When it comes to the Sjögren’s Syndrome, team of Sukhayu Ayurved has worked hard to pinpoint the ayurvedic diagnosis. This is Udaka Vaha Srotas Dushti! If we look at the classical reference of the same we find the same-
जिह्वा तालु ओष्ठ कण्ठ क्लोम शोषम पिपासां चातिवृद्धम दृष्ट्वोदकव्हानयस्य स्रोतांसि प्रदुष्टनीति विद्यात!
चरक विमान स्थान ५/८
In this reference Charaka says that this is the “turbulence” in the Udaka Vaha Srotas. Which leads to the dryness of the tongue, palate, lips and throat along with excessive thirst. This is the thing which has similar reference to the Sjögren’s Syndrome.
Sjögren’s Syndrome Treatment in Ayurveda
Once we have a direct reference to the diagnosis, we need the Chikitsa Sutra and that we find in the same reference very much loud and clear- तृष्णोपशामनि तथैवामप्रदोषीकी! That clearly indicates that we should work on the toxins- Aama, which are the main thing in any of the autoimmune or immune system related conditions- which are the root cause of the problem. Along with that we need to pacify the thirst.
In Ayurved every treatment is given in terms of Sutra- the line of treatment and we follow the text as it is in every case, whether it is a complicated cancer and Sjögren’s Syndrome or simple fever. The actual treatment is given in accordance to the condition of the patient. Bio-constitution (Prakriti) and complete examination of the patient, is important in Ayurved.
For Sjögren’s Syndrome treatment in Ayurveda, a patient needs to stay with us for 16 days, we give Basti treatment along with medicines- in start it is an IPD treatment later on you need to continue the medicines for 5 to 6 months for complete control on the condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I have 2 mm gap in front teeth how much it will cost for invisible braces or other reasonable treatment.
I am a 40 years old female. Last night I was suffering from toothache after having a hard solid sweet. Today morning it swelled up. Its paining badly with a huge swelled up. Suggest me something for first Aid plz.
Are Baby Teeth important?
Baby teeth may not last forever, but that doesn?t mean they aren?t extremely important. In fact, they are just as important to babies and kids as your adult teeth are to you! Here are five things every parent definitely needs to know about baby teeth.
My toddler is having speech issues could this be related to their teeth?
- Losing certain teeth too early can make it difficult to correctly say some words and might cause long term problems down the road.
Does it really matter if you get a cavity in a baby tooth?
- Baby teeth are different from adult teeth in that the outer layer of the teeth (the enamel) is much thinner, and the layer just under that (dentin) is much softer. Because of this, cavities can eat through baby teeth surprisingly quickly. With regular dental checkups, little cavities can get filled before they grow into a gaping hole.
Do cavities in baby teeth hurt as bad as adult cavities?
- Cavities hurt at any age! For children with untreated cavities, there is a good chance their little mouths are in pain. This can make it hard to focus in school and may lead to them feeling upset or grumpy much of the time. Living with the nagging pain of a toothache is no fun at all, so get those tiny teeth looked at asap!
When should my baby see the dentist? -As soon as the first tooth comes in!
Healthy baby teeth lead to healthy adult teeth, but they also do so much more. You can do your part by making sure your children brush after meals, floss daily, and see the dentist twice a year. And if you spot a cavity, get to the dentist right away! Every kid deserves to have a healthy, happy smile.