Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abha Bansal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Abha BansalYour feedback matters!
I had itching in soles and feet during 8th month of pregnancy. My doc had recommended me to take Udiliv 300 twice in a day. After Liver Function test, SGOT (AST) is 49 and SGPT (ALT) is 54. My doc is saying that now we cannot wait or due delivery date which is 16 October, rather she is asking me to go for cesarean delivery on 3rd October. I am completing 38 weeks then. According to her, it is risky to wait for delivery after 38 week as it might lead to baby death. What do you suggest in case? I would prefer normal delivery.
A bladder is an organ that stores urine in the body. A prolapsed bladder occurs when the tissue present between the vagina and the bladder is stretched, resulting in a bulge in the bladder. This can result in complications such as leakage of urine and difficulty in passing the same. Based on the severity of the damage, it is classified into four categories -
- Mild: A small area of the bladder bulges in the vagina
- Moderate: The bladder bulges near the vaginal opening
- Severe: Protrusion of the bladder occurs through the vaginal opening
- Complete: The entire area of the bladder protrudes completely from the body via the opening of the vagina
The symptoms of a prolapsed bladder are:
- Feeling of intense pressure around the pelvic area
- Infections related to the bladder
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Tissues bulging out through the vaginal opening
- Pain in the lower back region
Prolapsed bladder is caused by:
- Childbirth: It can cause ligaments and pelvic muscles to weaken thus increasing their vulnerability to a prolapsed bladder
- The chances of this disorder increases when one is overweight
- Lifting heavy things
- Strain caused by bowel movements
- In some cases, it may result from a chronic cough
- Menopause, as it limits production of estrogen which helps in maintaining healthy tissues in the vagina
It is advised to check with a medical professional if you experience these symptoms, as a prolapsed bladder can worsen with time if left untreated.
Hi if we miss one month menses is there any problem or its normal coz I missed one month period, health wise I don't have any problem I did pernency check at home it's negative please advise.
Hi, I am 26 married woman. From February 2016 my period started to irregular. Then in USG I found that I have PCOS from last April 2016. I have been on Yasmin hormone tablet for 7th months. Now I am trying for a baby. So, last January, gyneo prescribed me Good ova 100 mg from 3rd day of my period to 7th day for ovulation. Also prescribed me start Duphaston 10 mg two tablet for each day from 16th day. So I have completed my all medicines course. But next month My pregnancy test was negative. And I got my period. Now I want to try pregnancy in a natural way without any medicines. I want to know that Can I try pregnancy without medicines? If I try is there any problem that can be affected me? How can I know When I am ovulating & from which day I can do intercourse? I am so much worried. Please give a suggestion.
I am doing sex with my girlfriend without Condom how many percentage she gott pregnant if her periods time is finish before 2 days. I think she is okk but she questions me?
Hello doctor I am 34 year old married female I have swelling in my uterus last two days what should I do please tell me doctor.
Hello, everyone. I am glad that you are watching this video. I am consultant gynecologist at Max Superspeciality Hospital, Shalimar Bagh, Max Hospital in Pitampura and at my own clinic in Pitampura. Today I would like to talk about PCOS or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
It is a very common in female endocrine disorder which is increasing tremendously. The prevalence of it now is 2.2 to 26% which itself is very high. NOw, what is it about? So, this problem is about women's hormones, they get out of balance. Then it makes the problems in periods, difficult for the women to conceive or to get pregnant. If left untreated, it can lead to long term problems such as Diabetes Mellitus, Heart disease, and endocrinal cancer.
What happens in PCOS?
In PCOS, the sex hormones get out of balance. So, the male hormones increase more than a normal range. Now, what do they do?
They stop Ovulation, they cause acne, increase the facial and the body hair.
The second factor it involves is Insulin.THe Insulin resistance is caused because of PCOS. The insulin resistance causes obesity, weight gain and then later it may cause Diabetes Mellitus. The causes of PCOS is clearly not known but they run in the family. The girls which are affected from PCOS, they get it either from the mother's family or the father's family.
So, the symptoms of PCOS are;
- Extra facial and the body hair
- Thinning of hair from the scalp
- Infertility problems
- Irregular periods
Now, coming to the diagnosis,
There are a lot of studies which are done for PCOS. PCOD is defined as any two of these three features, those are;
- The periods that come after more than 45 days or periods which comes less than 8 times in a year.
- Hyperandrogenism, Menstrual problems.
- Ultrasound features suggested of PCOS.
This is how we diagnose. Now coming to the treatment.
There are 3 key treatments for PCOS;
- Regular exercise- Walking is a very good exercise that most people can do. Then depending on your choice, you can swim, dance, play etc.
- Healthy diet- In diet, you should take green leafy vegetables, fruits, whole grains, nuts, beans, milk etc. You should avoid the intake of saturated fats like meat, cheese, fried food items, sugary food. Starchy food such as potatoes, cakes, sweet potato, maida, sooji, besan etc. You have to quit smoking if you are indulged in that too.
- Weight control- In weight control, most women benefit even with 5% of weight loss that would help them regulate their hormones better.
The women's hormones come into balance, the periods come on time, it gets easier for the patient to get pregnant. All these favourable changes take place when the patient follows all these three steps.
Now there are pills that we can give to the patients to help her regulate her own hormones. Now, there are two types of pill;
- One is birth control pills o0r oral contraceptive pills. These pills help to balance sex hormones.
- Metformin pills are the insulin sensitizers. They tackle the INsulin resistance in the PCOS patients.
Now, all these help in balancing the hormones of PCOS patients. If a patient is suffering from depression because of PCOS, then he would advise her to do some exercises that help to elevate the mood or to consult a counsellor or a gynaecologist.
So, if you want to contact me, you can do so through Lybrate or you can come to my clinic directlywhich is in Pitampura.
Thanks for the patient hearing.
Do u know why we fall ill ?
- Nowadays whenever we go to doctor doctor tells us that u r having itis, like pharyngitis-inflammation of pharynx
- Meningitis-inflammation of meningis
- Bronchitis- inflammation of lungs
- Arthritis- inflammation of joints
- And so on.
- Have u ever thought of how does this itis or illness occurs in our body.
- Inflammation is due to free radicals in our body .
- Free radicals are by product of oxidation, which is very important part of our metabolism.
- These free radicals make our cells weaker by taking electrons from them.
- Now how to treat or get rid of this condition
- For this our body needs ANTIOXIDANTS.
- These antioxidants reduce free radicals in body and thus deacrease inflammation.
How to get ANTIOXIDANTS?
Antioxidants are available in variety of food like fresh fruits and vegetables
And certain Ayurvedic herbs like
But due to lifestyle changes -
we can't get required ANTIOXIDANTS in our food .Hence , MAXORAC -a complete antioxidants formula to stay healthy and avoid illness.