Doctor in Raktima Chakrabarti @ Apollo Clinic
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Raktima Chakrabarti @ Apollo ClinicYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, How many doses of IPV vaccination must be given? I have given my child only 2 doses 1st dose in 6th week and another in 14th week. Is that fine?
Hello sir, my son is 4 year and his height and weight are 94 cm and 15 kgs resp. I want to know is that normal or is he under weight per his age?
Hello sir, My son is 4 years old, he is very active, has a sharp mind but he is very fussy in eating. He doesn't feel hungry whole day. I use to force him to eat food. What can be the reason and what can I do?
If the children do not get sufficient amount of sleep at night, then their health will start getting deteriorated slowly. According to the medical surveys, it has been discovered that kids need much more sleep than adults.
It is pretty impossible to maintain kids' health without proper sleep at night. The kids will get tired soon and will lack in energy because of poor sleep.
Why sleep is important for kids' health?
- Growth promotion: Growth process might get retarded as a result of less hours of sleep. If the kids
stop growing, then their health cannot be maintained.
- Proper weight maintenance: If the kids lack in proper sleep, then their weight might get decreased slowly. A good sleep of at least 10 hours a day is necessary for maintaining weight of children so that great health can be acquired.
- Boosting internal energy: More energy will be generated so that daily activities can be performed with ease. The stamina level of kids can also be boosted as well.
- Growing improved bed-time habits: Bed-time habits can be properly scheduled with good sleep. If the sleep routine is not properly maintained, then the health condition of the kids will be adversely affected. Sleep can be audited properly, and your kids can grow fast.
- Promotes learning process: The kids can get an improved learning process by means of having good amount of sleep. If you want to make your kids learn new things or habits, then for that sufficient sleep during the night is needed.
- Increase in attention and concentration: Mental strength of kids can be increased along with the increase in concentration and attention level. This is very much essential for maintaining studies and daily activities.
- Reduction of injury risk: Immunity system of kids can be boosted to a great extent with proper sleep as a result of which the risks of physical and mental injuries can be reduced. In fact, severe kinds of heart diseases can also be prevented by means of having a good sleep at night.
Sleeping schedules for kids
- Pre-schoolers need almost 10-13 hours of sleep.
- For newborns, 14-17 hours sleep is appropriate.
- Infants need a sleep for almost 12-15 hours.
- Young adults are in need of at least 7-9 hours of sleep.
- Teenagers need 8-10 hours night-time sleep.
- For school-going kids, 9-11 hours sleep is needed.
Asperger's Syndrome or Asperger's Disorder is a neurotypical condition that affects the development of the child the effects of which continue into adulthood. This condition typically shows up as difficulties faced by the patient when it comes to social interactions as well as other nonverbal means of communication. It should not be confused with autism as the patient has no speech and cognitive development delay.
Asperger's syndrome can show up as restricted and repetitive patterns in the behaviour of the patient. It lies at the higher end of the autism spectrum and the signs are usually less obvious.
Here are a few ways with which you can effectively deal with someone who is suffering from this disorder:
- Routine: The patient suffering from this condition will need a certain kind of stability as it is very difficult to predict what will happen in the near future or to even plan for it. The best way to tackle this scenario is with the help of a proper routine that can help the patient achieve some kind of control over the situation surrounding him or her so that he or she is better equipped and more capable of handling normal functioning and social situations as well.
- Information: It is also a good idea to help these patients in looking at and in processing information. While normal people may easily be able to discard insignificant or unimportant information, the brain of the patient suffering from asperger's syndrome does not allow him or her to do so. In many cases, the patient is not able to filter the important and the unimportant information. This can debilitate many functions. So, it is important to be present to help the patient in making decisions and processing information that is actually relevant to his or her functioning.
- Learning: One of the most crucial things to remember with the Asperger's patient is that they tend to understand and process things when they have a visual presentation rather than being told verbally. So showing them things practically in the proper manner is the right way to help them learn and process situations in a correct way. This will prevent them from doing things in the same old way even when their brains tell them that it will lead to wrong results.
- Physical Abilities: Poor motor skills as well as lack of proper organisation skills are traits that usually characterise these patients. It is important to make them aware of this during games and activities that require management as well as use of social skills. For example, football and other such activities can be introduced in the routine. This will promote interaction with the team in order to play and enjoy the game.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!