Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Asthma Management Program
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
Health Screening For Women
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Max Hospital - GurgaonYour feedback matters!
Dancing is not just a fun stress buster. It is one of the many ways through which you can burn the fat around your sides and the middle. At the same time, it also leads to the slimming of your entire middle section as it works by engaging the upper and lower abs of your body in a dynamic manner. There are various dance styles that you could try out to help you get rid of belly fat and love handles.
- Belly dancing - Belly dancing stands for much more than just twisting and shaking your bottom. It can be very effective at helping you to get rid of your love handles (the excess fat that can be seen around the waistline). Involving the movement of your abdomen and hips, it offers a thorough workout of the abdominal region alongside your obliques (areas below the love handles). It comprises of twisting movements and moves that tone the muscles around your waist while burning away the extra flab. Depending on the intensity at which you do the dance, studies reveal that it can help you burn up to 300 calories per hour.
- Salsa - Doing a round of salsa can also help you to get that slim and trim tummy. It contains hip movements that work on your core while improving posture and stability. For a person weighing about 63 kg, about 405 calories get burned as a result of its fast dance moves.
- Hip hop - This energetic dance form works to tighten your abs through front and sideways movements. According to research conducted by the Harvard Medical School, practising hip hop dance moves can lead to the burning of about 446 calories per hour for a 70 kg person.
- Ballroom dancing - Ballroom dancing sees the different muscle groups of your body being put to work. Since this dance style requires you to move backward for most of the time, the muscles in your back, abdomen and legs get engaged. Certain ballroom dance forms, like the foxtrot or quickstep, increase the burning of fat around your midsection. All in all, if you practice ballroom dance for an hour, you stand to burn about 382 calories.
Upon reaching adolescence, children's bodies undergo several changes and so do their minds. It is then that their minds are most, as well as least impressionable. And the daunting question regarding the upbringing of an adolescent is how to treat their constantly changing behavior?
Here are some of the tantrums adolescents more commonly throw, and what should ideally be your approach to it:
- Your child seems to hate you: It is very common for a phase of emotional exclusionism to prevail between 16-17 years of age approximately. And the worst thing you could do is heighten that emotion by returning the hatred. Make sure you're firm against any extremely unacceptable behavior, but at the same time, show them that you're there for them no matter what.
- Electronic devices become the center of their attention: Whenever you want to have an earnest conversation with your children, their attention seems to be drawn solely to their phones and computers. They feel the need to be connected to their friends and all times. Ways to monitor that are by setting limit to the maximum hours spent on devices or making them pay their own bills, which will make them more responsible rather than splurging unnecessarily. Also, if your child is not entirely secluded from the family, it is probably best not to interfere all the time.
- Ignoring the curfew: Your kids often stay out later than the set limit. But it is quite possible that your curfew is unreasonable when compared to other parents' curfew. Find out what the average time limit is; it may prevent your child from bearing a grudge against you. In case they still fail to respect your curfew, make sure you spill out to them what the consequences can be, like being grounded for a week. However, in certain cases, your child may be spending time doing nothing constructive, but away from home. There may be something else going on, find out what that is.
- Being friends with the wrong people: Sometimes it might happen that you think some children do not have a good influence on your child, but you cannot say that directly because adolescents tend to get very defensive about their choice of friends. Unless the adolescent is doing something harmful with the friend, like using drugs, let him exercise his choice. Otherwise, don't hesitate from seeking professional help to counsel your child.
- Being over-dramatic: Every emotion is heightened in your child and you cannot tell them that what they are whining or being overjoyed about are trivial, because that's their prime focus then. Let them realize on their own how irrational they sound or else you may risk spoiling your relation with them.