Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Skin Aid ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I searched Dr Atula Gupta online and saw her reviews. I am so happy with the results of my treatment, that I will surely recommend Dr Atula Gupta to anyone gladly. With great ease Dr Atula Gupta explained us the problem and how the treatment will be carried out. The atmosphere in the Skin Aid Clinic is always so positive and full of life. It's been more than a year now, and I have noticed considerable change in myself. Skin Aid Clinic has all the latest technology in place to handle severe cases. Dr Atula Gupta has a very positive attitude towards all the patients. All of sudden I developed this hair fall and didn't know what to do. But Dr Atula Gupta helped me immensly with this issue.
My problem was such that it required a number of sessions, and I must say after all the sessions, I am feeling much better now. The greying hair problem was increasing day by day. All the staff members were very helpful. Not only she is very calm and composed, but is also a very understanding doctor. A friend of mine referred to Atula Gupta. Atula Gupta has in depth knowledge and ensures that she explains the problem in detail. Her treatment suited me the best and now I am fine. The waiting area in the Skin Aid Clinic is very comfortable for elderly patients.
She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. She is not just highly qualified, but has years of experience in handling high risk cases. she did my laser hair treatment. Even in case of emergency, the staff is always willing to help. So many doctors I consulted, but her treatment was the best. Thanks to the expert care and guidance, I feel much better than before.
All of sudden I developed dandruff and didn't know what to do. The staff was very attentive to my needs. drAtula Gupta is very talented and seasoned doctor. Someone from the office, referred hername to us for my treatment. My case was terrible but she really handled it very nicely. With the help of hertreatment for dandruff am feeling so great.
The symptoms were severe and unmanageable, as I was suffering from pimples, but Dr Atula Gupta was able to handle it. Her advice and counselling has helped me immensely. It was an amazing experience as everyone in the Skin Aid Clinic is so nice. I had lost hope, but the treatment given by Atula Gupta has helped me regain my confidence.
I am so happy with the results of my hair growth treatment, that I will surely recommend Dr Atula Gupta to anyone gladly. During the treatment, Dr Atula Gupta supported me a lot. Atula Gupta doesn't just randomly prescribes medicines, but first properly diagnoses the problem. She has a very positive attitude towards all the patients.
Dr. Atula Gupta provides answers that are very helpful, thorough, professional and inspiring. Thank you so much doctor for a satisfactory advice. It is very helpful. I'll try these medications for one month and let u know the results. If I have any doubt I'll consult you personally. Thank u so much
One of my cousin's referred to Dr Atula Gupta. Thanks to her that the hair health treatment she gave me has given brilliant results. Dr Atula Gupta has in depth knowledge and ensures that she explains the problem in detail. The overall atmosphere in the Skin Aid Clinic is very soothing.
The hair loss was increasing day by day. I consulted dr Atula Gupta , a famous dermatologist in Gurgaon. With the help of her treatment for hair loss I am feeling so great.I was quite impressed with Atula Gupta concept of holistic healing.
Dr. Atula Gupta provides answers that are very helpful and knowledgeable. Dr Atul thanks for the answer Face wash and cleanser is OK but 500mg tablet is much more don't you think so doctor Pls suggest some other tablet
Dr. Atula Gupta provides answers that are knowledgeable, very helpful, caring and inspiring. I will try mam... I think your advice will help me.. If you give me some more advice i will be very gladly...
dr Atula Guptahas thorough knowledge, gives time and patiently explains everything. I would recommend her to anyone who is facing acne and pimple problems. She can be found at Skin Aid Clinic in Gurgaon.
dr Atula Gupta is very thorough with her work and practice. I visited her for my acne problem. She is an amazing doctor. Her clinic is Skin Aid Clinic at 306 Cross Point Mall - DLF Phase 4.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Atula Gupta to be very helpful. Thanks Dr. Atula, thanks lybrate . Thank you so much for your kind & very helpful suggestions.
Dr. Atula Gupta provides answers that are very helpful, prompt, well-reasoned, inspiring and professional. Thank u so much
Dr. Atula Gupta provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable, thorough, well-reasoned and caring. Thanx
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Atula Gupta to be very helpful. Thank you so much! I would definitely try.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Atula Gupta to be knowledgeable. Thankyou for the prescription doctor.
Sudipto Joy Sinha
Dr. Atula Gupta provides answers that are very helpful, nurturing and saved my life. Thanksss a lot....
Dr. Atula Gupta provides answers that are very helpful, professional and knowledgeable. Thank u so much
From last 2 year I facing the problem of hair fall. I am 30 years old woman and I have 6 years old baby girl. My weight is 56 kg and height is 5'4. Kindly given the suggestion.
I am thirty nine years old man suffering frm androgen alopecia since age of 24 now the baldness frm centre has come up to front and there is thinning of hair and hair loss. Can I take finpecia? I used to take it before but stopped. I only use hair minoxidil lotion presently. Can I take finpecia and will it cure my hair loss.
I have a issue of male pattern boldness. I'm loosing 20 hairs daily. Which shampoo I should use with minoxidil 5%?I have dandruff issue too.
I am 20 years old I have a very severe extreme hair fall my hairs are falling from roots. I had ulcer since 4or 5 years I had to eat sompraz hp kit and my hairs are falling extremely I took trichogain and darolac but no use. Pls help.
Gud evening My problem is my skin is getting tan and turning into very dark colour. And I am not getting good results through any kind of treatment can you help out. Thank you.
Vitiligo is a skin disorder where white patches of depigmentation develop on the skin and keep enlarging. This disorder is long term and continuous in nature. The patches appear due to the death of melanocytes within the skin. Melanocytes are skin pigment producing cells, which produce melanin. Vitiligo can affect the skin of several areas, including the eyes, hair and the portion inside the mouth.
The causes of this disease are as follows:
- Autoimmune disorders in which the immune system of a patient becomes over reactive and the melanocytes are destroyed.
- This disease may also occur due to genetic oxidative stress imbalance.
- Stressful events may also lead to vitiligo.
- Harm or damage to the skin from sunburns or cuts also leads to vitiligo.
- Exposure of the skin to several harmful chemicals may be a cause.
- Neural disorders are also responsible for vitiligo.
- Vitiligo may also happen from viral causes or may be hereditary and passed on from family members.
Vitiligo has only one major symptom. White, flat spots and patches develop on the surface of the skin. The earliest of these white patches appear on the parts of the body which are exposed to the sun continuously.
It starts off as a simple spot in the beginning and gradually, the spot starts getting pale and finally turns white. The patches have irregular shapes, and in some cases the edges get inflamed and are red in color. Itchiness is experienced in the affected areas. Symmetrical patches signify slow development of vitiligo.
The two major types of vitiligo are:
- Non segmental vitiligo, which affects the back of the hand, the arms, knees, elbows, feet, mouth.
- Segmental vitiligo, which is more stable than non segmental vitiligo, but spreads faster. It usually affects areas of the skin, which are attached to nerves.
The different methods of treatment for vitiligo are:
- Phototherapy with UVB and UVA light: Exposing the affected area of the skin to UVB lamps is a popular cure for vitiligo. This treatment can be performed easily at home. UVA treatment incorporates taking of a drug which makes the skin more sensitive to ultraviolet light and then the skin is exposed to high doses of UVA light.
- Skin Camouflage: Cosmetic creams and makeup can be used to camouflage affected areas of the skin. These topical creams are waterproof.
- Depigmentation: Depigmentation is used to treat widespread areas affected by vitiligo. The skin color of the unaffected areas is reduced in order to match the affected areas. It is done using topical ointments.
Vitiligo is a skin disease, the major causes of which are still to be discovered. Proper care and treatment should be taken for skin areas affected by vitiligo. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Chemical peel in a procedure of applying a chemical solution to your face to remove impurities and the outer layers of your skin to make your face look younger and more radiant. The amount of skin removed depends on the type of peel and the period of time it is left on your skin for.
There are three different types of chemical peels: superficial, medium and deep. Depending upon the skin problems you are experiencing and recovery time required after the peel, you can opt for any one:
- Superficial Peel: This treatment is an entry-level or a basic chemical peel which uses hydroxyl acid. It is called a superficial peel because it doesn’t remove too many layers of skin from your face. This treatment is opted for by people who have dry or damaged skin. This peel is a quick one as the seating requires only ten minutes. It also helps in getting rid of the superficial skin problems such as sun damage, dark spots, discolouration and hormonal damage. You need very little recovery time after getting this peel done.
- Medium Depth Peels: The trichloroacetic acid used in this chemical peel makes it more effective than the superficial one. This is because the acid penetrates deep into the skin to get rid of graver problems such as age lines, wrinkles and to reverse the effect of damaged skin from within. However, this chemical peel demands a longer recovery period as your skin can look sunburnt for about a week depending upon how fast your skin heals. Also, the side effects of this kind of peel are high as you might experience stinging and itching sensation during the recovery period.
- Deep Peels: They are the strongest and most effective type of chemical peel available as they help in getting rid of skin which is entirely damaged, deep wrinkles, scarring and deep lines. The acid used in this peel is usually carbolic acid or concentrated trichloroacetic acid which penetrates deep into your skin to eradicate all skin issues. However, the deep peel is very painful and your skin will take very long to recover from it. Usually, the recovery period ranges from 2-4 weeks but in some cases, people complain of burnt, red skin for months. Swelling, itchiness, scarring and scabs are common side effects of the deep peel. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
A common skin condition, which causes the discoloration of your skin in patches across the face, melasma is more of a social embarrassment and cause for distress rather than being a serious condition. Although it affects men as well, studies have shown that over 90 percent of patients are women. It is also known as the mask of pregnancy as many pregnant women develop this skin condition.
Causes of Melasma - Primary causes of melasma have been attributed to various hormonal changes within the body. Let's look at some of the factors that may cause this disorder:
1. Pregnancy: This is often attributed as the leading cause of melasma, the primary cause has often been attributed to hormonal changes that a woman may experience due to pregnancy.
2. Treatments that may change hormonal balance: Women on contraceptive pills or who have implants such as intrauterine devices may also develop this disorder. This is due to the balance of estrogen and progesterone being changed within the body.
3. Sun exposure: Continued sun exposure may also lead to melasma. This is due to the activation of melanocytes within the body which start producing more melanin.
4. Stress: Long periods of stress on the body can also trigger hormonal changes and cause melasma.
5. Thyroid problems: If someone suffers from Hypothyroidism or low levels of the thyroid hormone, it can trigger other hormonal changes and also cause this skin disorder.
It has also been noticed that people with generally a darker skin tone tend to get melasma and it is less common in people with fairer skin.
Certain characteristics of Melasma - Melasma develops in certain patterns which can be easily diagnosed either as spots on the skin similar to freckles or brown patches of skin that grow bigger. Some of these patterns are:
1. Malar pattern: This grows on the nose and cheeks
2. Mandibular pattern: Starts growing around the jaw line
3. Brachial melasma: This grows on the upper arms and shoulders
4. Lateral cheek pattern: Grows on the cheek on both sides of the face
5. Centrofacial pattern: Nose, upper lips, forehead and cheeks
Treatment of Melasma
Most women who develop melasma during pregnancy report that it goes away after childbirth. However certain forms of melasma may appear in non-pregnant women due to hormonal changes. Treating the underlying hormonal changes usually resolves the problem. However certain other methods may be required to resolve the issues such as skin creams, chemical peels, dermabrasion and microdermabrasion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
You may have preferences when it comes to which skin care products you want to use on your skin, but the actual nourishment is received from within. Hence it is very important to eat healthy food in order to keep your skin healthy. Although it is not possible to maintain the 'healthy' food notion every day, here are some food items which you must eat regularly to maintain healthy skin:
1. Olive oil:
Olive oil is one of the healthiest oils you can use in your everyday meals. This is because almost 75% of the fat in olive oil is monounsaturated fatty acids. It also contains antioxidant polyphenols which help to keep the skin healthy. Olive oil also plays a major role in controlling signs of aging. If you consume olive oil regularly for at least a few weeks, you will suffer from 31% less signs of aging.
When consumed with olive oils for a few weeks, tomatoes provide almost 33% more protection against suffering from sunburns. This is because tomatoes contain the antioxidant lycopene which helps in improving the natural SPF of the skin.
3. Dark Chocolate:
In spite of the common belief that it is a weight gaining food, dark chocolate is actually very beneficial to the skin. It contains a compound called "cocoa flavanols" which hydrate skin and also improve blood circulation in the body.
4. Green Tea:
Green tea has an antioxidant called EGCG which improves blood circulation and oxygen flow in the body, while delivering vital nutrients to the skin which is required for its health. Green tea makes the skin more elastic and smooth, softer and supple. It also reduces sun damage by a quarter.
Water is very important for the skin to remain hydrated. Drinking enough water everyday makes the skin appear plumper and less wrinkled.
Regular consumption of coffee reduces the risk of non-melanoma skin cancer by 11%. If you drink 6 cups of coffee every day, it reduces the risk by 30%, but it causes other health problems; hence is not advised.
Carrots contain "carotenoid" which gives a natural glow to the skin. Carotenoid provides more yellow tones to skin giving it a healthier look.
Pomegranate has the most antioxidant content amongst fruits. It has an inflammation fighting antioxidant which helps in fighting aging signs.
9. Sunflower seeds:
Sunflower seeds are full of Vitamin E which makes the skin supple and helps to protect the skin from the Sun.
This red root is loaded with Vitamin A, potassium, sodium, calcium, magnesium and Vitamin E. It has skin clearing properties, and is essential for healthy skin and epidermal healing. It acts as an all-round body cleanser. It also helps eliminate toxins and lowers cholesterol level. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
All of us desire to possess a healthy and glowing skin but factors like unhealthy lifestyle practices, inadequate sleep, extreme stress, anxiety and poor dietary choices tend to damage the health of your skin, giving it a dull and tired appearance.
The following are some tips that will enable you to revitalize your skin:
- Quit smoking and alcohol intake: Smoking reduces blood circulation to the interior of your skin layers, which makes your skin look dull and tired. Alcohol tends to reduce blood circulation, nutrients and quantity of oxygen supply to your skin. Hence, it is essential to limit the usage of both alcohol and tobacco.
- Drink lots water: Water is essential for the smooth functioning of your system. It is extremely important to hydrate your cells, to enable effective elimination of toxins from your system. An adequately hydrated body will add a healthy glow to your skin as well.
- Eat a balanced diet: A diet that is rich in carbohydrates and fats tend to cause more wrinkles. Green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits have antioxidants and essential vitamins, while food like fish, tofu, white meat, beans, lentils are rich in protein, all of which tend to make your skin appear younger. A balanced diet that incorporates essential nutrients is good for your skin cells and its rejuvenation. Eat mixed nuts to increase the elasticity of your skin; most nuts contain fatty acids that enable your skin to repair and rejuvenate itself.
- Use sunscreen: Almost ninety percent of the wrinkles occur due to extreme sun exposure. It is advisable to use effective sunscreen and sun protection techniques to prevent sun damage. It not only protects your skin from harmful UV rays of the sun but also protects it from sun burn and sun tans.
- Remove your make up prior to sleep: When you go to bed without removing your make-up, the accumulated dirt and sweat tend to clog your skin pores. It is extremely necessary to remove your make up prior to sleep to lessen the risk of pimple and formation of rash on skin.
- Go to bed early: Inadequate sleep tends to lower your blood circulation, which is responsible for making you look washed out and pale. Proper sleep not only gives your body the required rest but also enables your skin to rejuvenate itself through involuntary renewal process. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Examination of a sample of skin (removed/extracted from the body) under a microscope is known as skin biopsy. It helps in diagnosing skin infections, conditions like psoriasis and diseases like skin cancer.
There are some things you need to know before getting a skin biopsy
How to prepare for this procedure?
You need to inform the doctor about several things like-
1. If you have any allergies
2. If you are or might be pregnant
3. If you are suffering from any kind of bleeding problems and taking medicines like Aspirin or warfarin
4. If you are on any kind of anti-inflammatory medication like prednisone
How does it feel?
When the skin sample is removed, it is done under the influence of anesthesia. Therefore, no such pain is felt at all. The only time a little sting is felt, is when the local anesthesia is injected.
What are the risks associated with skin biopsy?
There are no life threatening risks associated with a skin biopsy. But sometimes, a skin biopsy can cause skin infection or may result in persistent bleeding or even a scar may develop.
Post procedure care tips
After a skin biopsy, you will be instructed by your doctor on how to take care of the area of the skin where the procedure is done. Some of these instructions include
1. The biopsy site must be kept clean and dry
2. It would take 3-14 days for the removal of the stitch from the site
3. In case of pain, excessive bleeding, swelling, redness or fever, inform your doctor
The results of such biopsy tests take 3-10 days to get available. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.