Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dietitian/NutritionistYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Hi doctor I'm 17 year old and I have recently joined gym, I want to consult that are there any side effects of fat burner supplement?
I'm having constipation problem and having blood loss and also I am losing my weight what should I do Dr. help.
Dt. Sangeeta Malu, I am 21 years old, my weight has increased from 52 kgs to 64 kgs. Can you please suggest me some diet plans for weight loss? My blood group is O+ve .
Gone are the days when the sole purpose of having a salad was to lose the stubborn and unwanted body fats. Salads can be extremely healthy and nutritious. With salads around, the long and gruesome hours in the kitchen are a thing of the past. A bowl full of lip smacking salad, well structured with fruits, vegetables and quality oils, will do your health a world of good. Preparing salads is no rocket science. Get all the ingredients together, and switch to the way of health and nourishment.
- A feeling of fullness like never before: Experiencing an irresistible craving for food? Salad is at your service. A bowl of salad will give you a feeling of fullness, keeping the hunger pangs and cravings at bay. With salads, you don't even need to be repetitive. A little modification, and your taste buds are in for a treat.
- Say no to dehydration: Most of the vegetables that go into your salad have high water content. Scorching summers or sweltering heat can leave a person dehydrated. Salads come as a great relief. It works amazingly to hydrate your body, thereby re-energizing you fully.
- Lettuce to fight insomnia: If a good sleep is all that you desire, salad is what you need. 'Lectucarium', a substance found in lettuce, work miraculously to treat insomnia. All the more reasons to include lettuce leaves in your salad.
- The goodness of vitamins and minerals are retained: A lot of important vitamins, minerals and some enzymes (mostly digestive, that gets denatured) are lost to cooking. Taking in raw vegetables ensure that the important vitamins and minerals are not lost. Some raw vegetables contain important enzymes (live) that can greatly aid the digestion process.
- A salad rich in broccoli, avocados, bell peppers, berries: Are a rich source of antioxidants. Such salads work wonders and are an excellent boost for the immune system.
- Do not let wrinkles and saggy skin bother you: Some of the fruits and vegetables present in the salad help in collagen synthesis, thus giving your skin a natural glow. It is needless to say that spinach, lettuce and romaine, that form an integral part of your salads, are excellent for the eyesight.
- Walnut oil, sunflower oil (organic), olive oil and pumpkin seed oil: Are rich in omega fatty acids. Using these oils in salad dressings can be extremely beneficial.
- Some of the fibrous fruits and vegetables can effectively clean the intestine and colon.
The benefits of salads are immense.
Food allergies have been on the rise and many food items have been identified as potential allergens. Common items like citrus fruits, coconut, peanuts, tree nuts, gluten can cause allergies. You don't need to stay away from your favorite dish just because it contains one of the allergy-causing ingredients. You can customize your dish with suitable substitutions and enjoy your food without worrying.
- Peanut - Peanut is one of the most common allergy-causing items. It has severe effects on people who are allergic to it. On its consumption, the throat of allergic person swells up, blocking the airways which can lead to anaphylaxis. So, for people who are allergic to this grain legume, peanut -laden cuisines like Thai food, peanut butter, and jelly are all prohibited. But you can replace peanut with sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, and hemp which are available in butter form as well.
- Citrus fruits - Lime, orange, lemon, and grapefruit have been seen to cause discomfort in both adolescents and adults. There are so many citrus-flavored drinks that it becomes difficult to find a nice harmless drink. But, if you are allergic to these fruits you can go for strawberry, raspberry, and apple-flavored drinks, which are easily available.
- Coconut - Coconut is used in place of milk in vegan recipes; it can replace milk in food items like ice cream, sweet drinks, and curries. If you are allergic to coconut, substitute it with rice, soy, oats milk and even soaked cashews.
- Wheat - Wheat is not only off limits to people with celiac disease who have to lead a gluten free life but for some who are allergic to wheat specifically. Pasta, bread and many other kinds of foods are made up of wheat, but you can opt for tapioca or rice flour which is also used to make such items.
Related Tip: 3 Foods to Avoid If You Have Hyperthyroidism?
How to lose weight with fibrous foods?
Body composition is never the same for two individuals with the same body weight and of the same sex. It is vital to view your weight loss in light of your body composition. Since muscle occupies less space in your body than fat, leanness is determined by one's body composition and weight. The term body composition refers to the percentage of bone, fat, muscle and water content in your body.
Irrespective of the body composition you may have, if you're planning to lose weight naturally, having fibrous foods can help you to achieve that optimal body weight. The study suggests that people who have fiber in their diet tend to have healthy body weight. It provides your stomach with a full feeling and stimulates brain receptors to stop eating without adding any extra calories.
What is fiber?
Fiber is basically carbohydrate present in plant foods such as whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. In comparison to other forms of carbohydrates, fiber is not easily digested by the body. As a consequence, it passes quickly through your digestive tract without increasing your blood sugar levels. Additionally, it is the soluble fiber that absorbs water to form a type of gel inside your stomach, leading to a slowdown in the absorption of glucose. Lower levels of blood sugar indicate lower insulin levels, which significantly reduces the chances of your body storing fat.
According to experts, women below 50 years of age should have about 25 grams of fiber every day, and men should have about 38 grams. So, here are some of the high fiber foods that you need to include in your diet:
- split peas: contains 16.3 grams of fiber per cup
- black beans: contains 15 grams of fiber per cup
- lentils: contains 15.6 grams of fiber per cup
- broccoli: contains 5.1 grams of fiber per cup
- peas: contains 8.8 grams of fiber per cup
- raspberries: contains 8 grams of fiber per cup
- blackberries: contains 7.6 grams of fiber per cup
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
Related Tip: Why are your gaining weight despite working out?