Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Guntur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Divya Deepthi SyamalaYour feedback matters!
I do work in IT company and everyday I sit 9 hours in front of computer and my eyes become red. What should I do?
I am 34 year old male from delhi. I am suffering from floaters in both eyes for about 16 months now. Otherwise my eyesight is perfect so I don't wear glasses. I have shown to a very reputed retina specialist twice and they say my eyes are ok. But they can not help for the floaters. Please advise.
How harmful is mosquito coil for our health. My eyes feel irritation due to mosquito coils. Is liquid mosquito repellent good?
I have red eyes. Whole day. What should I do. To get rid of it. I works in engg company in production department. Do I use eye drop or not?
I am 31 years old, I will have cold, running nose and eyes almost through out the year. Please suggest the remedy for the same.
My vision is declining continuously as power of glasses increasing. Please tell some method to improve eyesight.
मेरे पिताजी की उम्र 77वर्ष है वे 1998 से शुगर के मरीज है।वर्तमान में उन्हे कुछ यद् नही रहता ,पिछले दिनों गिरने से सिर् में अंदरुनी चोट से ब्लड जमा होने से याददाश्त चली गयी थी 3 दिन तक आ इ सी यू में रहे ।काफी कमजोरी महसूस कर रहे है चककर भी आते है ऑ खो की रोसनी भी काफी कम हो गयी है दो कदम चलना कस्तप्रद हो गया है । उपचार बतावे
Iam feeling itch in my eyes from a long time around 4 years can you suggest any solution to my problem.
When I read newspaper or use mobile letters not seen clearly when I rubbing eyes everything ok for some time.
I feel etching in my left eye .sometimes it gets red and feel pain around my left eye in eye boan. And some times a little (water) fluid comes out of my eye and then pain starts after it.
Hi Doctor I am working as computer assistant, Avery 6 months my eye sight is increasing Past I have 0.75 far distance sight after 6 months my eysare again showing blurred even I wear my specs I have doubt will masturbation increase eye sight. I have masturbate every day, please suggest me whether it increase eye sight Thank you.
I have continue problem in my eyes means there is lot of pain in my eyes when I see any brighter thing it causes problem in my eyes what should I do.
While red bloodshot eyes may look worrisome at first sight, it is not a cause of concern all the time. There are benign, short-lasting bouts that will disappear on their own to serious medical reasons that could require intervention.
Listed below are some common causes and ways to manage red eyes.
- Conjunctivitis: The most common cause of red or pink eye is a conjunctivitis infection of the membrane covering the sclera. The blood vessels are irritated and give the eye a red hue. This is contagious and very common in children, needs to be treated with antibiotic drops based on the cause.
- Allergy: Be it pollen, dust, dander, or some other chemicals, eyes could be sensitive to it and get inflamed and take on a red color. This can be treated with a combination of prevention by avoiding exposure to the allergen (which causes the allergy) and some antihistamine drops if required.
- Contact lenses: Extended or improper use of contact lenses is the main reason for red eyes in contact lens users. There is reduced lubrication, increased accumulation of dust and microbes if the lens is not removed at frequent intervals. Removal of the lens and visits to the doctor are important things for managing it.
- Computer Vision Syndrome: With people spending a large amount of time staring at computer screens, tablets and phone screens, the dryness in the eyes increase, thereby, leading to red eyes. The reduced blinking when working on computers also affects the condition. It is therefore very important to take conscious breaks to stare away from the monitors and use special glasses if required. In some cases, eye drops may also be required.
- Occupational Hazard: For people working outdoors, conditions such as dust, heat, smoke, and dry air increase the chances of red eyes. Reducing exposure as much as possible and use of protective eyewear is extremely essential.
- Dry Eye Syndrome: The tear glands are a constant source of lubrication for the eyes and also cleanse the eyes from the minute dust particles and other irritants. For various reasons, the tears produced may not be sufficient and can lead to red eyes. Artificial tear substitute could be used for managing this.
Some benign reasons like swimming, smoking, lack of sleep, pregnancy, common cold also produce bloodshot eyes. On the other hand, corneal ulcer, uveitis, ocular herpes, glaucoma, and other medical conditions could also lead to red eyes.
If it persists for more than 2 days, is painful, and is associated with discharge or sensitivity to light, it is important to seek medical help, especially if associated with injury or trauma.
Related Tip: "Natural Remedies For Better Eyesight"