Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Gonda and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. N. N. Tiwari
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. N. N. TiwariYour feedback matters!
I am 54 years, and I have pain in my legs since 4-5 years, especially while walking and climbing on stairs, and also pain in right shoulder. What to do?
I have a accident 15 years ago .My right leg thigh bone is broken .Form that onwards my right leg is shorter then other min 2 inch and leg also not folded completely. Now few days my knee is full painful. Now I want my leg full bended and my short leg become a normal if it's possible please confirm thanks.
Hi. I have ankylosing spondylitis my doctor suggested me ultracet for pain. Can I take a combiflam .tablet. I got good results from combiflam. And its also pocket friendly. And I think comblifame have low side effects as compared to ultracet.
Severe uncontrollable joint and bone pains, having gestational diabetic since 12 years, joint, knee and bone pain even after mild diabetics and 2 time injections lenta.
Hi, mere Ik gaal (Chik) pa sojan aa rahi hai or ik normal hai or doctor ne test liye or swelling ja ni rahi hai what's the reason and how this problem can be reduced.
Hello sir/mam I'm 24years old boy I don't know suddenly my bone are getting pain mainly all my joint makes noise I feel always tired so please give ans, It may be calcium problem.
Sir I have a problem of backpain, and sometimes a headache will come do I get any. Suggestions from you Thank you.
Torn or damage cartilage is not just a problem for the sportsmen. It can occur to anyone. It is generally caused due to a direct hit on the body parts. Its treatment is far more complicated than a simple bone injury. The best sign to know whether or not you have injured your cartilage is to check out your activities. If you have hurt your joint and don’t notice major symptoms, like if you are still capable of putting weight on and move the joint, you might have had a cartilage injury. It doesn’t hurt you a lot in the beginning, but might get worse later.
Here are the initial care and self-treatment procedure:
- Protection: It is the first thing that has to be kept in mind. You must protect the affected area from any further injury. Thus, providing an external support, for example, use a knee brace.
- Rest: Provide complete rest to the affected joint. The rest is must during the first two or three days. Crutches may help the situation if you’ve got an injury around your knee or ankle. It is then advisable to return back to light activity over the next few days or weeks, as prescribed by the doctor.
- Ice: It is best to apply an ice pack to the injured area for about 15 to 20 minutes in every two to three hours. This must be repeated in the first two to three days.
- Compression: Use a bandage to provide the needed compression to the injured area to avoid any swelling and movement. This will not let things go beyond control.
- Elevation: You must keep the injured area raised. Keep it supported on a pillow to reduce swelling.
If there is an unbearable pain, take painkillers such as paracetamol or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). If your condition doesn’t improve after the initial therapy, you must consult a doctor immediately.
- Physiotherapy: It can be helpful in treating the affected joint. If there is any difficulty in moving the affected joint, you must opt for physiotherapy. A professional will be able to teach you exercises that will strengthen your muscles and provide support to the joint. This will help you in getting rid of the pain. It can be also beneficial at a time when you are recovering from any surgical procedure.
- Surgery: If physiotherapy doesn’t work, it means you have severe cartilage damage. In that case, you might be advised to take up surgical procedures to set things in proper shape. Surgery is done either by opening the joint or by Arthroscopy. There are various types of surgery which can be done. 1st the old and successful surgery wherein damaged part of the cartilage is debrided and filled with normal cartilage from the non-weight bearing part of the joint. 2nd is ACI (Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation) is a 2 stage procedure wherein chondrocyte is grown using stem cell and implanted in defect part in 2nd stage. 3rd is multiple drilling of the area usually done in childrens.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!