Wilson's Disease Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Treatment of Mellitus
Treatment Of Maxillofacial Trauma
Liver Problems Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Treatment Of Liver Diseases
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Treatment of Gastritis
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Acute Pancreatitis Treatment
Submit a review for SCPM HOSPITAL, CHAMBER 25Your feedback matters!
Obesity is a growing concern worldwide with an increasingly large number of people being diagnosed as obese every year. This is closely linked to the type of lifestyle that we are attuned to; less active and more sedentary.
If you are obese, you need to lose those pounds quickly; obesity increases the risk of various cardiac diseases and metabolic disorders. Fat loss is a gradual process that involves making changes to your lifestyle and dietary habits. Some changes that you can make to lose those stubborn inches off your waist are:
- Eat small but frequent meals: Generally, eating three large meals a day is what you follow. However, it is advised to eat smaller meals at least six times in a day. Eating smaller and frequent meals tends to up your metabolism thus, increasing your overall calorie burn.
- Cardio: Cardio is the way to go, if you want to lose fat, especially high intensity interval training. This is a form of exercise that involves doing an exercise, preferably compound exercises for a short burst of time (30 – 40 seconds) at full throttle, followed by a short rest period (10-15 seconds) and then repeating the process. This elevates your heart rate and keeps your metabolic rate elevated for up to 48 hours after your workout.
- Pick your foods wisely: The food you eat is important in determining how you lose your fat. Focus on eating a high protein, low carbohydrate and a moderate fat diet. Limit sugar intake to prevent blood sugar spikes. Focus on eating natural foods instead of junk foods as they have plenty of hidden calories.
- Be active: A sedentary lifestyle can hamper your fat loss process. Sitting in your office for long durations and watching television being glued to the couch are all linked with higher levels of obesity. Take frequent breaks from work and go for a stroll outside.
- Unwind: You may adopt relaxation techniques in your daily life, such as meditation to reduce stress as stress may lead to latent and sudden weight gain. Take up hobbies which can keep your brain involved and avoid stressful activities as much as you can.
The heart is responsible for pumping blood through the system and transporting oxygen and nutrients to all the cells and tissues of the body. However, the heart is susceptible to a number of ailments, including coronary heart disease. Coronary heart disease is a condition where the heart does not receive enough blood because of obstructions or thickening of the coronary arteries. As a result the heart does not receive enough oxygen, which can cause pain in the chest and may even trigger a heart attack. Thankfully, coronary heart disease can be treated with Ayurveda. Ayurveda attempts to treat this disease by addressing the cause of the disease itself by reducing the thickening of the arteries and preventing blockages.
Ayurvedic remedies are a combination of herbal medication and lifestyle change. This is because according to Ayurveda, any illness is the result of imbalances in the body that are affected by the person’s diet, lifestyle, environment and mental health. Guggulu, Amalaki, Triphala, arjuna etc are some of the ayurvedic herbs that can be sued to treat this disease. However, according to Ayurveda, each person has a unique constitution and reacts as per the environment around them in a different manner. Thus, Ayurvedic remedies must be customised according to the patient’s symptoms and overall health.
Some Ayurvedic remedies that can be beneficial to all patients with coronary heart disease are:
- Sattvavajay Chikitsa: This refers to giving the patient mental strength and support to deal with the illness. According to Ayurveda, a calm mind is essential for healing. Hence, try meditating for a little while every morning and get plenty of sleep. Ayurvedic therapies such as Shirodhara can also be beneficial. This involves pouring a continuous stream of oil or other liquids on the forehead while the patient is lying down.
- Maintain a healthy diet: Both the food being eaten and its quantity are important according to Ayurveda. Ideally, a person should eat only as much fits into two cupped palms at a time and should maintain regular eating hours. Eating plenty of green vegetables and fresh fruits are important to regulate metabolism. Avoid eating starchy and sticky foods and preserved or processed foods.
- Panchkarma: Panchkarma helps restore balance in the body and boosts metabolism. It also detoxifies and rejuvenates the body. Panchkarma should always be practised under supervision. Of all the Panchkarma therapies, basti or enemas and virechana or purgation are said to be very effective in treating heart diseases.
The food we eat affects our mind and body in various ways. There are many kinds of foods that have varied kinds of effects on how our body behaves due to the nutritional properties of the same. Spinach is a well known green vegetable that is rich in iron and various other nutrients. Since time immemorial, this vegetable has been used in various forms like soups, curries and much more so that we may enjoy the health benefits of the same.
Let us find out more about the health benefits of spinach with these quick pieces of information.
- Prevents cancer: One of the foremost qualities of having spinach on a regular basis is that it helps in the prevention of cancer. This is due to the fact that the level of chlorophyll that one may find in spinach is absolutely apt when it comes to blocking the entry and effect of carcinogenic material and elements in our body. These are the elements that may enter our body due to pollution as well as through some kinds of processed food. So one will need to eat plenty of spinach, especially in today’s day and age of adulterated food and pollution, so as to mitigate the effect of these elements and prevent cancer. Spinach is also highly recommended for those people who have a history of cancer in their family, and hence, are at a higher risk of getting the same.
- Helps in managing one’s diabetes: Alpha lipoid acid is one of the most well-known antioxidants that can be found in spinach. This is one of the rare elements that helps in lowering the glucose levels in the body even as it increases sensitivity towards insulin. This, in turn, helps in taking care of one’s diabetes without constant hospitalisation and medication. It also helps in managing diabetes through a neuropathy approach.
- Brings down blood pressure: Spinach is of great value for patients who have been suffering from problems like hypertension as it brings down the blood pressure levels. This is because spinach manages to negate the effect of sodium, which may be found in the body. This happens due to the high potassium content, which may be found in this leafy green vegetable.
- Increases the health of bones: When we have spinach on a regular basis, our bones also get the benefit of the same. The risk of bone fracture is literally reduced to half due to the high level of vitamin K and protein content of this vegetable.
- Gives you good skin and hair: With the constant ingestion of spinach, one can also get shining hair and glowing skin due to Vitamin C and collagen element that is found in abundance in this vegetable.
Bone issues are very common. From infection to inflammation to injuries to mere old age, bone issues are very common. Arthritis can happen with any of these conditions. The healing of this has two aspects one is to heal and reduce the pain and the second is to address the underlying condition. The range of motion needs to be improved, and further damage to the bones should be arrested.
Ayurveda identifies two types of joint problems, one is due to poorly nourished bones, which are prone to damage and the second is the over accumulation of toxins, leading to joint pain and stiffness. This joint pain would be further aggravated by damp weather.
Ayurveda also believes that the overdose of vaata leads to bone issues. So food items aimed at reducing vaata should be included so that balance is restored. There is more than one component to this healing. Food, lifestyle changes, herbs, and exercise manage bone issues, arthritis and the pain. Let’s see how.
- Food: Eating whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as a calcium rich diet is very essential for healing bones. Eat freshly cooked food items and include a lot of dairy products.
- Lifestyle: A regular sleep schedule, which is in sync with the biological clock, is very essential. Also eat at regular intervals with the meals getting lighter as the day goes by. Exercise, even in the form of brisk walk, helps soothe joints and keeps them agile.
- Massages: Oil massages like Abhyanga are very essential to prevent joint problems. They also help in reducing toxins, which are quite high in chronic conditions like arthritis. These oils can be applied directly on the joints too to improve lubrication, movement and reduce pain.
- Go anti ama: There is another component known as ama, which is an equivalent of toxins. The diet and lifestyle should be aimed at reducing ama, which gets accumulated with age in the form of digestive toxins. Eat food products that are easy to digest, consume ama reducing spices like turmeric and pepper, avoid daytime napping and exercise regularly.
In addition, the following herbs are known to be beneficial for bone health.
- Ashwagandha: It has rich anti-inflammatory properties, produces effects equivalent to steroids and helps in controlling joint pain and inflammation. Swelling and movement are also improved with its regular use.
- Boswellia: Combined with Ashwagandha, this is another wonder drug that helps reduce bone inflammation. It suppresses release of chemicals responsible for inflammation and helps control pain and swelling.
- Turmeric: One of the most acclaimed anti-inflammatory agents, it releases multiple enzymes and thereby controls inflammation.
So, for bone pain and arthritis, an NSAID is not the only remedy.
Arachnoiditis is a sort of inflammation of the defensive layers of the spinal canal. You can envisage it as the scar tissues that enlarge in the arachnoid lining. Also the lining can turn out to be inflamed due to the recurrent intervention on the spine, a lot of surgeries can lead to the scarring, for instance. It can also expand due to definite type of the spinal infections as well as due to the chemicals of epidural steroid injections, particularly if these kinds of chemicals get into the spinal fluid.
As the disease increases day by day, the symptoms also become bigger in magnitude. A lot of people who are suffering from this type of problems are incapable of working. Further due to Arachnoiditis the following symptoms are likely to happen
- Grounds of the nerve roots to plod together
- The nerve pain
- The numbness
- The tingling
Radio Frequency rhizotomy is primarily effectual on the joint pain. Patients who are good candidates for the RF have the pain whilst they're doing activities that increase the stress of the spine. Also the RF blocks all the nerves around the joint from sending the pain signals to the brain, as well as that pain free period normally lasts around one year. In that time, patients have to learn regarding the postural correction as well as the good body mechanics. RF presents the patients an option to get back their mobility as well as provide training regarding the movements of their daily lives with the less pain.
The details of information about drugs which might help arachnoiditis:
There are lots of pain management treatments available. Further patients might try the medications to find out the pain relief. A number of options are:
- The NSAIDs ( one kind of the anti-inflammatory drugs)
- The corticosteroids kind of drugs
- The anti-spasm type of the drugs
- Also an anti-convulsant drugs as well as
- The narcotic type of the pain relievers
A number of these types of medications might be given with a spinal pump. That is the little device which is entrenched under the skin and it then distributes the medication straightly to the inflamed area.
Also the patients might also take the spinal cord stimulation. On the other hand, the natural type of the treatments can assist, also, as well as it can often be utilized in conjunction with the prescribed type of the medication. You can also consult with your doctor about your options regarding your treatments.
If you are a heavy drinker or consume alcohol regularly or frequently, you should know about the harmful effects of alcohol or how it affects your body negatively. When you drink, alcohol gets absorbed into your blood and gets distributed all over your body. Alcohol consumption may cause several physical and emotional changes, which can cause great harm to the body. There are many long-term effects of alcohol abuse, which put your health at great risk.
Here are some ways in which alcohol affects the different parts of your body:
- Excretory system: Excessive consumption of alcohol may cause the pancreas to produce toxic substances that interfere with its functioning. As a result, pancreatitis or inflammation of the pancreas is likely. This is a serious problem, capable of destroying the pancreas. Alcohol affects the liver severely. Excessive intake of alcohol may cause alcoholic hepatitis and lead to jaundice development. Chronic liver inflammation may cause severe scarring or cirrhosis. The formation of scar tissue may destroy your liver. When the liver and pancreas do not work properly, there is a risk of hypoglycemia. The damaged pancreas may cause unbalanced blood sugar levels, which is a serious concern.
- Central nervous system: Change in behaviour is one of the primary signs of alcohol being in your system. Alcohol travels through the body and quickly reaches your brain and other parts of the central nervous system or CNS. This may lead to slurred speech and it becomes harder for you to talk. Your overall body coordination is affected along with your balance and the ability to walk properly. Over drinking negatively affects your ability to think clearly, impulse control and your ability to form memories. Long term drinking shrinks the frontal lobes of the brain. Damage to the nervous system because of alcohol may cause pain, abnormal sensations in your limbs, and numbness.
- Digestive system: Alcohol also affects your digestive system in several ways. Alcohol can affect the entire digestive system starting from the mouth to the colon and a single incident of excessive drinking can wreck parts of the digestive tract.
- Organ damage: Alcohol abuse damages your salivary glands, which cause irritation in the tongue and month. This may result in gum disease, tooth disease or tooth decay. Ulcers in the oesophagus or food pipe, acid reflux and heartburn are other impacts. Excessive drinking may also lead to stomach ulcers and inflammation of the stomach lining.
Inflammation of the pancreas disrupts its ability to help the process of digestion and regulate effective metabolism. Damage to the digestive system from alcohol abuse can also cause diarrhoea, gas, abdominal fullness.