Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Ghaziabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Submit a review for Ms. PriyankaYour feedback matters!
I was ill and unhealthy for last 3 months. At starting it was fever, abdominal pain and weakness. At the same I worried a lot about my health as I feet several muscle pain, numbness on hand and feet. Along with professional and some personal stress were there. Sometimes I felt palpitations and light headed. Once it was severe. I have tested all sort of blood test, thyroid, urine and ECG. All are normal. Doc said it is a kind of anxiety disorder. All I worry for my health till now as I feel numbness, neck pain, and sometimes indigestion and sleeping problem. I was taking metpure xl for last 20 days. But the things are not changed. Now another doctor prescribe panazep 12.5. Please suggest something to improve my sleep and mild neck pain. Now a friend suggest me to take supragya plus (from athayurdhama, ayurvedic medicine. Dear sir /ma'am anyone ayurvedic specialist, pls suggest about the product looking at my symptoms.
I have one more problem. I become a sexual addiction. Every time in my mind going this type of thing. So I am unable to concentrate any work properly. Please help me out for this problem.
How to attain a healthy mind, which ignores imperfections. Make the mind concentrate on one thing at a time . Means controlling the mind for a good concentration.
Since 4 years I am in relation with Girl. From few days She is not Good with me. Can any one please give suggestion how to Forget that person and divert from her.
Hi doctor please tell me what is the healthy limitation of consumption of alcohol. Am not addictive I very rarely consume it. Is smoking cigarette avg 2per month is harmful.
I am 20 yrs old and I have a problem of not remembering any thing. Pleas give me the details of proper diet to be taken to avoid my problem. Have to improve my thinking power. Please suggest me.
Body dysmorphic disorder is a type of psychiatric disorder. It is when you cannot think about one or more defects or flaws in your appearance. These flaws are usually very minor and sometimes even unnoticeable. This is actually a much more serious disorder than many other people may think. This is because people with body dysmorphic disease may avoid many situations and also suffer from severe anxiety or shame. Here is everything you need to know about body dysmorphic disease.
Just like other psychiatric disorders, there is no known cause of body dysmorphic disease. However, there are a lot of factors, which increases your risk of developing it which include:
1. Brain disorders: Many people with abnormal brain chemistry disorders suffer from body dysmorphic disease.
2. Genes: People whose blood relatives have this disease or have obsessive compulsive disorder are more likely to develop this disorder as well.
3. Environment: Cultural and social influences are a major cause of body dysmorphic disorder as well.
There are, however a lot of symptoms of body dysmorphic disorder, most of which are psychological in nature. They include:
1. Having a preoccupation with a flaw in the body, which is very minor or perhaps even unnoticeable.
2. Beliefs that people are mocking you in relation to your flaw.
3. Being a perfectionist
It is also worth noting that this obsession can affect any part of the body and can also include several parts of the body or different parts of the body at different times. Here are the possible treatments of body dysmorphic disorder.
There are a variety of treatments, which a patient can opt for and a variety of methods of curing the problem. Here are the most common.
1. Cognitive behavioral therapy: This is when a therapist tries to stop you from thinking about the flaw that you have been focusing on way too much.
2. SSRI: SSRI stands for Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors. They are given in cases, where body dysmorphic disorder is caused by problems related to the brain chemical serotonin.
3. Hospitalization: This is a severe measure, but may need to be taken if you are in danger of harming somebody or you cannot perform daily activities.