Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Ghaziabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vk Sharma
Treatment of Depression
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Stress
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behavior
Treatment of Trichotillomania
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Treatment of Autistic Spectrum Disorder
Submit a review for Dr. Vk SharmaYour feedback matters!
I'm a 17 years boy behaving like a girl, even my voice seems to be a girl, attracted to boys, taking treatment from a neuro psychiatrist, my testosterone levels are 1.7ng/ml but doctor refused to give hormonal medications and told me to wait for some more time giving tablets bupron xl-300 gm and zincovit. I have been using them from the past an year but no improvement. What should I do? even i'm getting harrased by my family members. I'm going to do graduation from june, if this repeats I will face pain in my college also. Please suggest me a way to recover this problem.
Chest paining because of smoking I smoke regular. And after smoke always I get headache. Seems so weakness in body. Now leaving smoke but some thing not gud in body.
I am 57 years male. I have no sugar or BP problems. I am veg and no n alcoholic and non smoker. I am suffering from psoriasis for the past 10 years. At present I am taking Methotrexate 7.5 mg 1 tab per week. What is the Ayurvedic medicine?
I'm afraid of crowd, my heart beat will increase even if I talk with customer care services, in interviews, if anyone talks loudly or any violence happens fear starts like shakiness increased heart beat and all what you call all this? and please suggest me how to over come all this? any medication?
It's been a year I daily feel tired and depressed. I have wild mood swings. My friends and family always keep telling me that my mood swings would 1 day ruin the relationships and I need to control them. I did lose a lot of people last year just because of my crazy behaviour. I started self harming in October. I cut, scratch and dig fingernails into my skin. I have lost complete interest in daily activities. I am scared of abandonment and Therefore push away people before they come closer to me. I also have occasional suicidal tendencies. I always self loath and try to tell bad about myself to others. At one moment I want people to notice me but at the very next I want to be alone. I don't understand why I always feel everything so extreme. Today I will tell a person that I love him but tomorrow I'll start hating him. After self diagnosis I understood I have BPD. I am confused but the symptoms are seen clearly. I need help. Thank you.
My blood sugar has shot up to 190. No one in family had it. Stress at work is high . Please advise .
I am taking anti depressants from about 7 yrs. Currently taking Rexipra 10 and Lamez 25. Is it fine to have a beer occasionally?
Internet addiction is a very recent phenomenon, but is already a cause for concern. With the advent of various social networking websites, people are increasingly becoming addicted to the internet. Internet addiction disorder is often characterized by people inching to form an emotional attachment with people and activities, all of them online. You may enjoy connecting to people more over the virtual interface instead of the real world; this usually stems from an inability to establish real human contact.
The symptoms of internet addiction disorder are:
1. Excessive usage of the internet
2. Depression, mood swings and irritability if one doesn’t get access to the internet
3. Any effort to reduce internet usage is usually unsuccessful
4. You may experience constant problems in personal relationships, education and your job due to incessant internet usage
5. A tendency of lying to close ones when they ask you how much time you spend over the internet
6. Using internet to escape from real world problems
Internet addiction can gradually isolate you. You may develop an aversion to meeting and communicating with people in real life. This can impair your social skills and make you socially awkward. This disorder also create problems in relationships as it can reduce the time you spend interacting personally.
Internet addiction may also lead you to create online personas to evade low self-esteem issues. This actually aggravates the problem instead of solving it; can result in severe anxiety and depression. Withdrawal symptoms might result in anxiety, depression, irritation and loneliness. This disorder can lead to complications such as dry eyes, headaches, change in sleep patterns and subsequent problems in falling asleep. Back pain from sitting upright while you are on the internet is also very common problem.
Stress can take a toll on your health in more ways than one and your sexual health is greatly and adversely impacted by stress. Stress can take a toll on the emotional relationship you share with your partner and also your own physical health, thus resulting in a hampered sex life.
Stress and Our Libido:
By now, we know that hormones affect our bodies in numerous ways from childhood to adolescence, pregnancy, menopause and beyond. Cortisol is one of the hormones produced by stress, and you might have heard of it if you’ve ever seen those late night diet pill commercials with the image of the pixelated woman gaining weight in her abdomen. Our bodies need this hormone, but in small doses for short bursts of time. If elevated levels of Cortisol are being produced for a prolonged period of time, they suppress our sex hormones. Lower quantity of sex hormones equals lower libido.
Impact of Stress on Sex:
- Stress takes a toll on libido.
- Low levels of libido imply lesser secretion of sex hormones, thus, affecting your sex life.
- Stress can interfere with your fertility, ovulation and sperm count.
- Stress can cause a shift in the hormones. In women, the change in hormones manifests in the form of an irregular ovulatory cycle.
- Loss of intimacy.
- Being under stress constantly can lead to anger, emotional outbursts, depression and loss of intimacy with your partner; thus affecting your sexual relations.
- Stress also affects your body image negatively, thus leading to unpleasant and bad sex.
How to rejuvenate your sex life?
- Communicate your feelings: Many a times, communicating and sharing your feelings, desires and anxiety with your partner might be all that you need to rejuvenate your sex life.
- Regular exercise and proper sleep: 20-30 minutes of body work out or a session of yoga everyday helps you to de-stress. A proper eight-hour sleep cycle will also go a long way in de-stressing you.
- Supplements to boost your libido and energy: Taking multivitamins, minerals, zinc and other supplements helps to boost your energy levels and libido, thus allowing you to enjoy your sex life to the fullest.
- Set the mood correctly: Set the right mood before your intimate sessions; with some soothing music, aromatic fragrance and dim lights. This can and will enhance your sex life by promoting relaxation, happiness and overall emotional well being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist and ask a free question.