Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Ghaziabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijay Gupta
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hi, I dont know why body becoming weak, before I use to lift and can do work very actively now, if I am sitting long time also I am getting back pain if I am standing also I am getting legs pains, please do let me know what to do to be very healthy and strong Thanks
I am a 62 year old female. I have pain in my shoulder ball and socket area for past 9 months. Sometimes it is very painful, sometimes there is no pain at all. The pain is generally at the right shoulder, sometimes radiating to the arm triceps. Generally worse in cold weather. I have undergone many weeks of physiotherapy (when doctor suggested it could be frozen shoulder initial stage) but the pain keeps coming back. What should I do or whom should I consult? This does not feel like bone pain but more muscular pain.
Hi Sir, What should a patient have in the meal and whats precautions for arthritis. I am not able to do anything due to swelling n pain in joints. Thanks.
I have pain in lower part i.e.after knee joint of both legs .Pain level is so high that I am unable walk normally. Since last 7 days I am having issue. I have also pain in toes as well as abdomen.In previous yours also I got such pain but condition was not so worse. After resting I was getting relief .so I took it this issue lightly.In current situation my condition is so poor that I am unable to move properly. When I walk more than 10 min condition becomes worse. I do not have any fever also. I thought issue could of diabetes but after sugar test report was normal. Please suggest me what should I do? Or is it any kind of any disease?
Low back pain (LBP) is very commonly seen in patients as it’s the fifth most common reason to visit a doctor. This is seen in almost 60-80% of people in their lifetime.
What Are The Causes Of Lower Back Pain?
It can be divided into following categories -
- Radicular Syndromes
- Radicular Pain e.g. Sciatica
- Spinal Stenosis
- Specific Spinal Pathologies
- Non-Specific Low Back Pain (NSLBP)
There are various causes of low back pain but often the cause is not clear. There are various factors which can cause or aggravate the low back pain. such as:
Can Physiotherapy Help In Reducing Low Back Pain?
Physiotherapy is very effective in low back pain. A physiotherapist can assess the cause and decide the line of treatment. The earlier you start the treatment better is the prognosis. Physiotherapy not only helps in reducing the pain it can change the pathology so the posture and also chances of recurrence.
Methods of treatment are-
- Manual therapy (hands-on mobilization of the joints in your back) - skilled physiotherapists use precise hands-on techniques, it relieves stiffness and improves movement of the joints and muscles of your spine.
- Movement exercises- Most physiotherapists advises these exercises, generally known as the McKenzie method. It decreases radiating or referred pain and restores motion. Physiotherapy is helpful in chronic low back pain also. These first two methods are beneficial in chronic low back pain.
- Strengthening and core exercises- It mainly works on core stability and endurance, which strengthens your muscles.
- Educating for prevention- It is very important to take care after the recovery also because there can be a recurrence of it. So, by taking proper care you can avoid the future recurrence of the low back pain.
- Restoring activity- In minor low back pain, it’s good to get back to your activity as early as possible. Now bed rest for long period is not advised. The more you get active it helps to reduce pain and the recovery is also fast in those cases.
By all these methods, you can easily come over low back pain. But it’s always important to consult a physiotherapist rather than treating by yourself. Because it can’t treat the cause it can just reduce the suffering temporarily. Only a physiotherapist can advise you appropriate exercises which will improve your low back pain. Also, can give you other suggestions which are right and safe for you.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!