Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Vasundhra. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Somna Goyal Mittal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Somna Goyal MittalYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old I hve pcos and thyroid problem now I am planning for pregnancy my doc gave me meprate for day 16 to day 25 of my cycle and folic acid for 6 months bt after taking meprate I get periods bt does not looks like normal bleeding I get light and brownish discharge I took pregnancy test it shows negative is this normal or any complications in pregnancy shall I continue this or not.
Caught in the mundane chores and uniformity of daily pressures, your love life may suffer quite badly. All couples come to a point where one or both of them are either not interested in physical love anymore or too tired to get frisky. This can affect both life not only physically but also emotionally. Even if you have sex, it becomes dull, boring and unpleasant.
Getting the spark back!
Problems with a dull sex life do not have to mean a complete removal of sex from your relationship. Bringing your sex life on track might take a while, but can be quite easily achieved. Understanding yourself, knowing what gives you pleasure and sharing a romantic relationship with your partner are the key elements of a happy and satisfying sexual life. Some of the tips to get the spark back in your sex life are as follows:
- Communicate: Communication is the key to resolving all problems. Many couples feel afraid to talk about sexual issues, but this should not be the case. Talk to your partner about why you are feeling disinterested. Discuss if you are going through a difficult physical transition such as menopause or other physical ailments. It is better to tell the truth and not let your partner just assume that you may not be attracted towards him or her. Be honest if you are failing to have an orgasm. Proper communication is the first step in trying to resolve a problem.
- Educate yourself: In today’s world, finding a solution to sexual problems is no big issue as you can always look up to the internet for information. Go through books, magazines or other items available which will give a clear explanation to all your queries. Create a comfortable, quiet and interference free atmosphere. Age is also a factor that might lead to reduced libido but creating romantic settings might help in bringing the passion back.
- Keep away from blame and criticism: Try not to introduce any issue which might lead to a big fight. Criticizing at this point of time should also be avoided as it can flare up into an argument.
- Be stress free: Try and keep all the work problems away while you are with your partner. Lighten up and focus on your partner and the total experience rather than only aiming to fulfil a goal. Maintaining a stress free attitude helps in makings sex more enjoyable.
- Relax and be flexible: Relaxing helps you feeling more focussed and enhances your sexual energy. Flexibility to your partners needs only makes them more attracted and aroused by you. Thus physical and emotional flexibility can help in bringing back the spark into your sex life.
- Good health: Your physical and emotional health also affects your sex life. Reducing the intake of alcohol, abstaining from smoke, eating healthy and adequate exercise and meditating to calm your mind helps immensely to maintain a good shape and in turn happy sexual life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
My TSH level is 0.5.I am on medication Thyronorm 50 since past 5 month. Should I discontinue it? I am planning for pregnancy.
Mira and her boyfriend had a kind of unprotected sex this morning. However her boyfriend did not enter her. Their genitals rubbed against each other while she had her panty on all the time. She is not sure if there was any pre ejaculation or if it was completely dry. Should she be doing something about it. Even if there was an ejaculation are there chances that she could get pregnant? Should she be taking some contraceptive pill. If so which one. It's her 7th day after her periods.
I am in relation with my colleague. I got pregnant. I took pills to avoid my pregnancy. Now my M.C is irregular and so much bleeding in vagina. What is problem.
Starting a family and being people who you can completely rely on is something that may be a dream that most people nurture and work towards. In the Indian culture, it is seen that children are supposed to serve as the backbone for the parents in their old age and when a couple is able to bear children, they may be able to lead more satisfied lives than at any other point in time. While most couples are blessed with happy families, there are a lot of those couples who may have to rely on medicines and treatments to be able to conceive a child.
With the changing lifestyle and the increasing amount of stress, a lot of couples are not able to conceive naturally. This is when they turn to medical help from professionals who may be able to suggest treatments and counselling. Even though the medications and treatments are sought very popularly, it is also a fact that couples have to go through painful procedures and unfruitful trials before they are able to get positive results, if at all that is possible. Not to mention the expensive treatment costs and the costly medicines that they have to invest in, apart from the mental and emotional trauma that is accompanied with it.
A safer alternative:
One of the safest alternatives to conventional medicine and treatments is to opt for homeopathy. This is a style of treatment that works on the body using natural means such as plants extracts and other natural derivatives, in combination with medicinal properties in healthy portions. With the use of such treatments and medicines, it may be possible for aspirant couples to be able to work on their body systems to make them healthier and more responsive to conceiving a child.
Some of the most important advantages of homeopathic treatment for infertility:
- The medicines make sure that they do not put the others aspects of health at jeopardy for the users of homeopathic medicines which means that the medicines do not have highly destructive side effects.
- The lack of side effects in the homeopathic medicines for infertility ensure that the couples remain mentally and emotionally strong enough to stick to the resolve of getting treated and that is something that may be helpful in the success of the treatment.
- Since the medicines are all organic, most of them are not as expensive as the conventional medicines.
- Choosing a safe stream of medication such as homeopathy may also help in ensuring that when the child is conceived, it does not get affected by the harmful medicines that may be administered to the couple.
When the future of your family and health is at stake, it is important that you take well thought out and wise decisions about what kind of treatments you should undergo.
I'm having trouble with periods since start. My first period also I got at age of 16 from medicine I took suggested by my doctor. I'm 20 now. They are irregular since then having at least two months gap. I've to take medicines mostly for it. Is there way to make it natural and regular?
Sir/mam my weight is 80 kgs now. Is that's the reason for PCO? IF YES THEN HOW CAN I REDUCE MY WEIGHT?
Excess bleeding or menorrhagia is a common kind of abnormal bleeding occurring at the time of menstruation. Menorrhagia causes more blood loss which leads to anaemia. fatigue and breathlessness are common symptoms of anaemia.
Symptoms of excess bleeding
A few of the common symptoms of excessive bleeding are:
- Discharge of large blood clots is a sign of heavy bleeding
- Bleeding during the night which causes disruption in sleep as one has to wake up several times in the night to change the sanitary napkin
- Menstruation lasts longer than usual or more than 5 to 7 days.
- Any menses requiring excess change of pads than usual
Causes of excess bleeding
- Imbalance of hormones: During adolescence and when nearing menopause, the female body undergoes some imbalance in oestrogen and progesterone hormones. At these points of time, heavy bleeding is common among women. But it’s abnormal. So get it evaluated.
- Abortion / Ectopic pregnancy: Conception occurs in mid cycle and so by the time a menses start, one could be a pregnant too. So excess bleeding occurring at menses could be also due to an abortion or miscarriage. Unlike the usual course of pregnancy, if the fertilised egg gets stuck in the fallopian tubes and develops there, It results in Ectopic pregnancy. Excess bleeding can be a sign of ectopic pregnancy too.
- Fibroids: Growth of fleshy solid tumours in the wall of uterus namely Fibroids can lead to excess bleeding.
- Cancer: Cervical, ovarian and uterine cancers are rare causes of heavy bleeding, but it is possible. So early detection of these conditions is better for treatment.
- Adenomyosis: This is common in middle-aged women who have given birth to more than two children. In this case, the glands that appear in the lining of the uterus become deeply embedded in the muscle of the uterus wall. These women with adenomyotic uterus have severe dysmenorrhea ( pain during menses ) and excess bleeding.
- Intrauterine device: IUD used for birth causes more bleeding during menstruation. In some the bleeding reduces over time, but if in excess one must get evaluated.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease: PID is an infection that occurs in the uterus, other reproductive organs and the fallopian tubes. Inflammed reproductive organs bleed more and hence cause menorrhagia.
- Other diseases and disorders: Diseases like that of liver, kidneys and thyroids can cause excess bleeding. Disorders in blood levels or platelets can also be a cause.
Treatment for excess bleeding
Several treatments are available to treat heavy bleeding during menstruation. Choosing the right one mainly depends on the reasons that cause heavy bleeding.
- Hormonal therapy: This therapy is used as a treatment to stabilise the lining of the uterus (endometrium) and thus regulate the menstrual bleeding.
- Non-hormonal medication: A tranexamic acid is a non-hormonal medication prescribed by the doctor that promotes clotting of the blood.
- Nonsteroidal drugs: Nonsteroidal medications that are anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen, mefenamic acid helps to reduce the blood loss.
- Hysteroscopy: A long and thin scope can be inserted into the uterus through the cervix and the vagina. The doctor observes the lining of the uterus, remove the excess lining or the endometrial polyps that cause bleeding.
- Dilation and curettage: In this procedure, the mouth of the uterus (cervix) to be dilated and the lining of the uterus is scrapped off to make it shed all at once and stop bleeding.
- Hysterectomy: This involves removing the uterus. It is mainly done for uterus having adenomyosis, fibroids, or cancers, or when the patient does not respond to medical therapies.
- Ablation: Ablation or endometrial resection allows removal of the lining of the uterus. But it may be a temporary measure as the lining recurs.
To conclude, proper diagnosis, choosing the right treatment for excess bleeding at menses needs to be done urgently as it affects the overall health of the women suffering from it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hi doctors you all helped me a lot for all my queries you answered well. U all took me out of my depression when I got terminated with my baby boy on march 7 but now I have one more query after termination I was bleeding for 15 days and on april 11 I got my periods and it was like heavy only and lasted for 5 days till april 11 and on april 15 we had unprotected sex with no problems and on apil 16 we had sex without protection but on 16 for few min I was bleeding without pain without clots y this happened and after some time it stopped. In this cycle I will ovulate or what I can get pregnant in this cycle knw. Im taking livogen tablet is that ok. When will uterus take back its normal size. What happens if I get pregnant in ths cycle like it will be two months over knw from the date of termination please help me out I want to become pregnant soon.
Does hemorrhagic cyst bust itself and goes away automatically when periods come or not, if not bust itself then what happen, is their any harm for body, because doctor told me to do pelvic ultrasound on 2nd day of period so that they can know whether the cyst bust or not and if goes away itself then they can start 2nd cycle of fertomid. Does fertomid treatment done regularly means every month till women conceive, this month (july) is my 2nd cycle for fertomid so if I start 2nd cycle next month (aug) then it get any harm for me or not. please help. 1st cycle of fertomid I got hemorrhagic cyst.
I recently got to know that I am 5 weeks pregnant and am bit scared. Please tell me what are the probable complications I may face?
I had sex today. She was on 6 th day of her menstrual cycle. We used condom. But still I have some fear about conception. Can you tell me which are the safe days and fertile days.
Suppose my wife's 1st day of period is on 10 Dec 15. When we do safe sex without any protection. Her period cycle is 32 days. Plsss tell me.
My wife priya is always asking me that please lick my vagina and clitoris. My question is that shall I lick my wife clitoris and vagina.
Coconut oil and cholesterol
About 70% of the fats in coconut oil are saturated fatty acids known to raise cholesterol. Another 14% or so are shorter chain fats called mcts, whose effects on cholesterol appear to be neutral. About 3% of the fat is stearic acid, which also doesn't affect cholesterol. Coconut oil also contains small amounts of mono- and poly-unsaturated fats, which are not thought to raise cholesterol
Mustard oil and cholesterol
Fats, oilseeds, and nuts play an important role in our diets. Mustard oil is a type of fat, which is extracted from mustard seeds through pressing of seeds and is filtered using the distillation process. Mustard oil has got a typical pungent and sharp flavor that is because of the presence of a compound called allyl isothiocyanate. This oil has about 60% monounsaturated fatty acids (mufa), 21% polyunsaturated fats (pufa) and about 12% saturated fats. A higher amount of mufa and pufa distinguishes it from other types of fats. These fatty acids are also called 'good fats' as they do not get deposited on arterial walls. Mustard oil contains glucosinolate, which basically works against microbes and adds on to the oil's health benefits.
I am 27 years old & I want to plan my baby after 30 and my husband is only 28 years old. Is there any problem to plan a baby after the age of 30?
I am a 31 year old recently married since 3 months. I am planning for a child but still not been able to conceive. Please advice for any tests or medication ?
Welcome to Urogyn IVF Centre, Rohini, Delhi. I am Dr Surbhi Gupta, IVF and surrogacy specialist. Nowadays, infertility has become a very common problem in the society and it is rising day by day. It is accepted one and all. In addition to other modalities of infertility treatment, surrogacy is the latest and ultimate tool for infertility couple. In surrogacy, another woman carries and delivers a baby for the couple who wants to have a baby. In surrogacy, we take a sperm from the biological father, an egg from biological mother, we fertilise outside the womb in a lab and this developing embryo, and we transfer in the surrogate mother for nine months. She gives the nourishment for nine months. This foetus is not biologically or genetically connected to the surrogate mother. Surrogate mother gets adequate compensation by the end of this process. This complete procedure is lawful. It is a very complex and mature procedure. It is required a teamwork. In this team, main infertility specialist, gynaecologist, IVF specialist, anaesthetist, sonologist, lab technician, embryologist, counsellor, psychologist, and surrogate agencies are required.
At Urogyn, we provide this complete system under one roof in a very mature fashion. If you want to go for surrogacy, visit us at Urogyn and give us the opportunity to serve you through Lybrate.