Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Ghaziabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shekhar Agarwal
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Shekhar AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from muscle cramps in my abdomen and chest since 5 to 6 years, Doctors told me to increase water intake, but I drink more than 2 litres of water daily then too I suffer from severe cramps, my age is 43, male and my weight is 73 kg, please help me out, this problem becomes more severe in winter.
1. Tie a cup of uncooked rice inside a cloth and heat it for 30 to 60 seconds on the microwave in low setting. Then keep this on the back for relief.
2. Take fresh ginger into pieces, place in the cup of water and boil it for 30 minutes in low flame. Cool for 30 minutes after boiling. Consume this solution with honey.
Consult for Ayurveda tips and treatment.
1. Take a plastic bag with few crushed ice cubes and place it on the painful area.
2. Massage the painful back with castor oil.
3. Consume warm water mixed with 1 tablespoon of honey.
4. Mix equal quantities of cuscus grass and sugar then consume 5 grams of it twice a day with warm milk.
5. Soak wheat along with 1/2 quantity of cuscus grass is mixed with 1/2 quantity of coriander. Mix it with boiled milk 4 times of that wheat. When the milk is left 2/3 of the original quantity then consume it.
6. Take warm water in bath tub and soak in it for some time.
7. Massage with garlic and eucalyptus oil on the painful area.
8. Take 8 to 10 glasses of water daily.
9. Increase the consumption of Vitamin C in diet.
Iamm having severe backache due to prolonged sitting may be due to wrong posture. Pain is radiating. Can I take combiflam. I am 45 years old lady. What precautions should I follow.
I am having diabetes and is in control. But from yesterday my right leg (exactly the bone under knee) is having a burn on touching it. The part colour has also changed. Could you tell me what happened?
Hi8 months back steel pipe hit my left elbow after that I didn't feel any pain. Slowly now pain is there in elbow and left arm till palm and finger and also left shoulder n upper left back. Crawling feeling sometimes on left upper back near neck region. Burning feel on elbow area and also arm. If I do any heavy work it started getting pain on left hand and shoulder and back. Meanwhile if climate is cool my left hand s burning and if I tie with blanket it was ok. Suggest somethiNg for this.
The Anterior Cruciate Ligament or ACL tear is a very common problem with athletes and with people who have an active lifestyle. In fact, this can also be caused by any accident due to sudden movement.
Importance of ACL-
The ACL is the supporting ligament, which runs diagonally from back to front right in the middle of the knee, connecting the femur bone and the tibia, and helps the tibia not to come before the femur. Thus the balance of the knee during back and forth movements and the entire stability of the knee joint is secured by this very important piece of ligament.
What leads to an injury to the ACL?
Here are a few actions that may result in a ligament tear.
Sudden stopping while running or slowing down from a fast speed
Sudden change in direction
Uncontrolled jumping from a height
Direct hitting with an object or person
What happens when the ACL is torn?
If the ACL is torn, the stability of your knee is gone, and you feel as if you have no control over the joint. Moreover, it causes extreme pain and instant swelling. Swelling usually appears within 24 hours of the injury.
Treatment of ACL Injury-
Recovery from an ACL tear is possible only after a surgery. Without surgery, the affected will not be able to return to sports or athletics, or may not be able to run and make swift movements again as before. However, to avoid surgery, there are non-invasive treatments for the aged and people who require moving less.
Non-invasive Treatment: Bracing is one treatment where braces are given to support the knee joint during movement and also to avoid further injury. This is effective for the elderly who need minimum movement and may manage daily activities with a braced knee. Also, crutches add to the support and let the weaker knee get rest. This is followed by physical therapy. But the swelling has to reduce before starting it. Many exercises and controlled movements over a long time help in getting back agility in movement gradually.
- Surgical Treatment: Once the swelling subsides, doctors would plan for an Arthroscopic (Key-Hole Surgery) ACL reconstruction. In this Doctor make a graft of a tendon. This graft is inserted into the joint and fixed in anatomical position in femur and tibia Arthroscopically so that the newly created ACL functions like the natural one. This is the only way to get back the ligament in whole as the torn ligament cannot be stitched. Surgery is done through arthroscope and recovery time is 15 days for resuming day to day activities and 3 to 6 month for resuming sports activities with continued physical therapy after the surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a orthopedist and ask a free question.