Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Ghaziabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Shalini KhannaYour feedback matters!
I had sex before my periods but that periods lasted only for three days two days it was heavy I am thinking that I may get perg and all it's almost 10 days late I am not at all getting my periods on top of it I had unwanted 72 ofter I had sex with 5 hours I am dam worried I test lot of time preg test it was negative please I feel some movement in my tummy so I feel to have food and feel dizziness and sleepy too much.
I am 22 year old. And. On medication due to irregular periods.. Is it safe. To have an ipill. Will it react.
I have a child of seven month. MC has stopped. But I don't want any child yet. MC date has crossed 2 days. What to do? Please suggest me.
Dr. Told Me, When I Do Sex In Unsafe Days To Pregnant A Women But I Can not Understand Clearly. Please Somebody Again Told Me About This?
My weight is 60 kg and you am having pcos. Nowadays I am having only vegetables instead of non veg. Plus I walk for about 1 hour per day. But unable to stop having rice. So my question is will I be able to loose weight and I am having medicine for pcos ,how long it may take to conceive.
I started smoking pot over a year ago. After 1 year my weight decreased by 25 KGS. My cheeks also shrunk and I look extremely pale now. Now I have stopped smoking and I want to gain weight extremely fast. What should be my diet now so that I can gain weight quickly and recover my body within a period of 2 months?
Hi. I'm 25 years old. I had unprotected sex on 7 may with my boyfriend in car in sitting position, much of his sperms discharge was out but for safety I had unwanted pill immediately. I had my last periods on 19th april. Can I conceive, i'm having stomach cramping from days and when can I test for pregnancy.
I am unmarried 31 yrs old female. The duration of my cycle is decreasing and periods last for max 2 days that is worrying me and I'm not able to concentrate on my work. Leading to stress even after consultation with doctor the report of pelvic ultrasound is normal. But less monthly discharge is worrying me. Can it be problematic for my future. exercise can help.?
Pls tel me why doctor say no to wash clothes during pregnancy I am 16 week pregnant and today I washed clothes becz may maid dnt came koi prblm toh ni hoge pls tel me.
Hello doctor, I was getting my follicular scan done from past few days. I was under treatment. On 14th day of my cycles my follicle was 18 mm. Later yesterday when I scanned. That is on 15th day, result came like it is ruptured. We had intercourse, the same night. What is the possibility of me getting pregnant?
I am 22 years old. I got married 6 months ago. Since then I am not getting periods regularly and I have met with a doctor she said that PCOD was in the starting stage. From 4 days I am suffering from stomach pain and chest pain what is the problem.
I am Dr Yashica Gudesar and I am a gynaecologist. I am in this profession since 17 years and I am working in Dwarka at my own private clinic. I am attached to Hospitals also. In this profession, I ahve come across many issues. The most common problem people are facing these days is a Pre conceptional Counselling which is very important and a younger generation is not aware of this.
What is Pre conceptional Counselling?
Pre conceptional counselling is educate the patient in a way that when she starts planning a pregnancy, it should be a planned pregnancy and she should have a healthy baby and a healthy pregnancy.
What is the aim of having a Pre conceptional counselling?
The patient should not be suffering from any existing disease which might not be diagnosed. Or if the patient is suffering from some disease then the baby should not be harmed. In case a patient is taking some drug, then the drug should be stopped or continued, should be confirmed before planning the pregnancy. So, the main aim is to ahve a healthy baby.
What a patient should do when they are coming for Pre conceptional counselling?
They should carry all the reports and they should give the proper history to the doctor about the previous health issues, any surgery or the medicines they are taking. They should discuss clearly about the drinkng and smoking habits
- In case a patient is planning for pregnancy, then they should take folic acid supplimentation. These suppliments prevent the neural tube defects.
- The alcohol consumption hsould be stopped.
- All medicines which are dangerous during the pregnancy should be stopped.
- The ideal time for Pre conceptional counselling should be taken 3-6 months before planning the pregnancy. But even if you have planned then 1 month is also a best time to go to a doctor.
- Start taking folic acid atleast 3 month before. This will prevent you from abortion
What Doctor might go for a Pre conceptional counseling?
- The doctor will take your BMI. If you are over weighted then they may ask you to reduce weight.
- There might be a questionair in all the history and all the examination of your body should be done.
- Infections should be ruled out.
- History of your vaccination should be taken. And the vaccination history is very important because you should go for measles, HPV which is for Cervical cancer and Rubella. This should be included in your Pre conceptional counselling. If any patient has not been vaccinated in childhood for Rubella then they should take the vaccination 3 months before they plan for pregnancy.
What you should do?
- You should take folic acid
- You should take Multi vitamins which includes B complex, Vit- D and Calcium
- If somebody's haemoglobin is less then they should take Iron.
- Any genetic disease in the family should be screened out before the planning for pregnancy.
- Thalassemia is one of the important disease which can be prevented
- Negative blood groups are important if the patient is hard and aborted earlier then it may give impact on the pregnancy.
So the main motive is to tell you that please do not undergo unplanned pregnancy. Take a Pre Conceptional counselling.
If you have any query, you can contact me through Lybrate or you can visit my clinic in Dwarka or you can aso take online appointments. If you need more information about the above discussed topic, you can read my blog as well.
Frm 17 july I started my 6 mnth of pregnancy I cn even feel my baby's movements my question is in a day how may tyms movements shd b felt.
Are you overwight?
Do you have excess facial hair?
Are your menstrual cycles irregular?
Do you have pimples on your face?
Do you suffer from hairloss?
Do you have infertility problem?
Are you suffering from depression?
- If you have any or all of these symptoms you may be suffering from pcos or polycystic ovarian syndrome. Recent studies have revealed increasing incidence of pcos in almost 50% of females of reproductive age group. It is one of the leading and easily treatable causes of infertility. It also leads to diabetes and even depression.
- It occurs when the hormones in your body go haywire. Insulin resistance occurs leading to increase in blood sugar level. There is increase production of male hormones (androgen) in the female body. This leads to development of male characters like excess hair in beard and moustache areas and male pattern of baldness. There is also a outbreak of pimples
- For treatment of pcos the underlying cause has to be treated.
- You should first get fasting sugar and insulin level checked to find out the amount of insulin resistance and glucose intolerance. Ultrasound abdomen has to be done to rule out cysts in the ovaries. Thyroid function test and androgen levels are to be measured.
- If you are overweight reduce atleast 4 to 5 kg through rigorous diet and exercise. Eat healthy. Weight reduction can help in bringing your hormones to balanceavoid junk food. To correct sugar levels oral hypoglycemics like metformin are started. Oral contraceptives can be given to normalise menstrual cycle. Other newer drugs include alpha lipoic acid and myoinositol, the dose of which is adjusted according to your hormone levels and disease severity.
- This is often combined with treatment for pimples in the form of oral tablets, topical gels and chemical peels. Hair loss treatment can also be simultaneously started.
- Amazing results can be obtained if proper treatment is taken at the proper time.
- The need of the hour is understanding the underlying problem you have and getting prompt treatment for a healthier and happier you.