Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Ghaziabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Saurabh SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctors, I have L5-S1 pinched nerve in spine since 6 month's. I understand pinched nerve is causing back ache, sometimes leg pain, numbness and all. But since 6 months my testicles are also paining, to examine I gone under abdominal and scrotum (testis) scanning, report showed neither kidney stones nor hydrocele. Could you please suggest me what causes my testicles pain. Its severe most of the times, I can't sit on the floor for long time. Age: 28 Weight: 72 Height: 5" 8 Your reply can help me so much. Thank you in advance.
I am a female and I am suffering from backache since 2 days. Which medicine should I use? I am also feeling week. I have also used metopar.
Please tell me why my back pain happens. It's like the pain happens in my bone. Can you please tell me the reason. Does it happens for iron deficiency?
My left hand thumb got swelling yesterday. It's almost non operational. Although I am able to move it as usual but it feels pain. It got hurted while playing small fight for cake with friends. Being software engineer it's hampering my work. Could you please suggest what can I do to make it healthy again?
I've started doing some light jogging in the morning and experiencing extreme pain in my heels. The pain occurs when I start resting in bed and wake up again and can't even stand properly for some time. Why is it so? Also I'm suffering from ankylosis spondylitis and but never felt this much pain before. What should I do? Should I stop running if so then what should I do?
I am 43 Yrs. Old. I had been got Injury just below Knee on Left Leg and on feeling Some Pain I had Used Flamer Ointment on that just 4-5 Days ago Twice. As I am use to sit on my fit for dispose of Urine etc. Now when I sit for Urine and tried to stand up than I feel pain in Both Knees as well as I realize that on Climbing up stair I have some Knee pain also. Kindly redirect me. What can I do to Prevent form the Problem before Increased. THANKs.
I am 21 year age male. I have backbone pane at middle back bone. The will when if I sit continuously with out moving 2 hour.
Wounds and bruises are both injuries. However, they differ widely in terms of the causing factors, the nature of the injury, the pain they cause and the kind of treatment they require.
The following are a few of the myriad ways in which the two injuries differ from each other:
- A wound causes quick damage - the skin tissue is cut or punctured while a bruise (also called a closed wound) is where the skin is not torn.
- A wound is usually caused by a sharp object but bruises are the results of blunt force or trauma.
- A wound almost certainly bleeds due to ruptured tissue and blood vessels. Blunt injury also damages the blood capillaries of the skin and causes blood to accumulate under the skin tissue, creating a dark patch of skin. Blood vessels can also break due to lifting of heavy objects or overexertion of muscles.
- A wound carries the risk of infection because the skin is open but a bruise does not get infected.
- A wound has a burning or stinging sensation but a bruise is characterized by swelling and a blunt throbbing pain.
- A wound can be healed by antiseptic and antibiotic medication. Large wounds need to be closed by stitching them up to avoid severe infection. On the other hand, a bruise usually heals by itself. A cold compress and pain killers may be used to ease discomfort. Heat can be applied to the injured spot to normalize the blood flow and dissolve the blood clot.
- A wound can lead to complications like bacterial infections or the healing might be delayed by chronic diseases like diabetes. In case of a bruise, it usually does not cause complications but if there's a blunt injury to sensitive areas like the head, the tailbone or the eyes, medical attention is advised.
- Wounds and bruises can also be differentiated on the basis of their subtypes.
The different types of wounds are:
- Incision (sharp objects cutting the dermis layer of skin)
- Abrasion (the epithelial tissue is scraped off)
- Avulsion (a body structure is torn off)
- Penetration (a sharp object causes an entry and an exit wound)
- Puncture (only an entry wound caused by a sharp object)
The different types of bruises are:
- Hematoma (blood pools under the skin)
- Purpura (tiny spots of blood on the inside of the mouth)
- Contusion (similar to hematoma and caused by external trauma)
- Crush injury (caused due to a large amount of force on the body part for a long time). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
My mother is getting legs and back pain and able to walk properly she has sugar .she is 60 years old.
I am suffering from osteoarthritis in multiple joints I want to know about treatment of osteoarthritis in Ayurveda.
I have been suffering from a backache since past 15 years and I'm 35 at the moment my problem is there in L4 & L5 what is the best way to avoid surgeries and severe pain kindly advice.
Pain causes a lot of discomfort in the body no matter whether the pain is in the back, legs or in the head. Almost all people experience lower-back pain at some point in their lives, which can be extremely painful and can cause considerable annoyance. The first medical specialty that comes to mind for relief of lower-back pain is Orthopedics. The other two specialists that play a vital role in treating lower-back pain are the neurosurgeons and the physiatrists.
Pain in the Back
It is very difficult for the body to source the pain when it is deep and this pain could be due to infection, disease or injuries in the back, stomach and heart. It is even possible that the pain radiates to different places in the body. Often back pain is accompanied by body changes like redness, fever, neurological problems, heat, and changes in body functions and for that diagnosis of the back pain may be very severe. Patients suffering from lower-back pain and with symptoms that comprise of weakness in the foot or other symptoms of a neurologic insufficiency must definitely see a neurosurgeon.
Back pain that occurs due to reversible problems is known to vanish in a few hours or in a day. However, if it continues longer and is accompanied by body changes, then there are chances that the condition can become worse. You must consult your doctor for back pain, if any of such characteristics are witnessed. It is always better to get evaluated by a physician.
When to Consult a Doctor Immediately
- Back pain that is followed by a shock like a car accident.
- The pain in the back worsens and is constant
- Back pain continues for more than 4-6 weeks
- The pain does not improve even after taking typical remedies such as taking pain relievers or after resting.
- Severe pain in the back in the night and that is alleviated by rest
- The back pain is accompanied by abdominal pain
- Numbness in the upper thighs, buttocks, groin or in the genital area
- Weakness or tingling sensation in the arm or legs
Role of a Neurosurgeon
The neurosurgeon provides non-surgical as well surgical care depending upon the nature of the illness or the injury, and he does not just operate. The neurosurgeons are experts and offer treatment to patients suffering from any spine injury or disease, brain or peripheral nerves that deal with arms, hands, feet and legs. But there are many other neurosurgeons that confine their practice to treating back pain.