Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Ghaziabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Reshi GoelYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, I am 21 years old. I am experiencing a pain in my lower abdomen right side for about 2 weeks now. The pain is not regular, I experience it some times but last night , I experienced a severe pain in my abdomen and back . I got my ultrasound done today and the impression is , I have a cyst in right ovary (size 51 into 40 mm) .My periods are regular, I got my last period on 6th of june 2016 and this month, I have not get my periods yet. I am unmarried and never had any sexual activity with anyone. I want to ask, is this a matter of worry, how can this cyst be removed? What caused this cyst? How much time will it take to get removed? Please give a genuine answer, I am worried.
What is fetal ultrasound?
Fetal ultrasound is a test used during pregnancy. It creates an image of the baby in the mother's womb (uterus). It’s a safe way to check the health of an unborn baby. During a fetal ultrasound, the baby’s heart, head, and spine are evaluated, along with other parts of the baby. The test may be done either on the mother’s abdomen (transabdominal) or in the vagina (transvaginal).
There are several types of fetal ultrasound:
- Standard ultrasound. The test uses sound waves to create two-dimensional images on a computer screen.
- Doppler ultrasound. This test shows the movement of blood through the umbilical cord, in the baby’s heart, or between the baby and the placenta.
- 3-D ultrasound. This test shows a lifelike image of an unborn baby.
Ultrasound uses an electronic wand called a transducer to send and receive sound waves. No radiation is used during the procedure. The transducer is moved over the abdomen, and sound waves move through the skin, muscle, bone, and fluids at different speeds. The sound waves bounce off the baby like an echo and return to the transducer. The transducer converts the sound waves into an electronic image on a computer screen.
Why might I need fetal ultrasound?
Fetal ultrasound is a routine part of prenatal care in the U.S. This is because it’s a low risk procedure that gives important information. A routine prenatal ultrasound can check for defects or other problems in the fetus. The following can be examined:
- Abdomen and stomach
- Arms, legs, and other body parts
- Back of the neck
- Head and brain
- Heart chambers and valves
- Placenta placement
- Umbilical cord
- Urinary bladder
A fetal ultrasound can also show:
- If a woman is pregnant with multiple babies
- The gestational age of a baby
- Where to place the needle during removal of amniotic fluid (amniocentesis)
- Whether a feus is growing properly
Your healthcare provider may have other reasons to request a fetal ultrasound.
What are the risks of fetal ultrasound?
All procedures have some risks. The risks of this procedure include:
- Mild discomfort from the transducer on the abdomen or in the vagina
- Reaction to a latex covering for the transducer, if you have a latex allergy
In some cases, an ultrasound may appear to show a problem that is not there called false-positive. The test can also miss a problem that is there called false-negative. In some cases, additional testing may be needed after a fetal ultrasound.
Fetal ultrasound is sometimes offered in nonmedical settings. This is done as a way to give keepsake images or videos for parents. In these cases, it’s possible for untrained staff to misread the images and give parents incorrect information. Make sure to have fetal ultrasound done by trained medical staff. Talk with your healthcare provider if you have questions.
Your risks may vary depending on your general health and other factors. Ask your healthcare provider which risks apply most to you. Discuss any concerns you may have.
Sir ek breast se kam breastfeeding hona ya bilkul bhi na hona kya breast cancer ka risk badati hai aur kya breast injury ki bajay se breastfeeding kam ho jaati hai meri wife ko left breast me 2 month pahle injury ho gayi thi aur blood discharge bhi hua tha but ab jab bo left breast ko apne hath se thoda tej dabati to right breast ki tulna me kam milk nikalta hai sir mujhe bahut chinta hai ki kahi future me unke left breast ki injury carcinoma me na badal jay jabki vo 5 month ki pregnant hai aur ye unki first pregnancy hai meri shadi 5 june 2015 ko hue thi immediately advice de.
Hypertension or high blood pressure in itself is a problem where the patient may have the risk of getting a stroke or heart attack! When it combines with pregnancy, the situation may worsen. However, it is not always that hypertension during pregnancy is dangerous, but if care is not taken it may be fatal.
Is hypertension during pregnancy really dangerous?
When a woman has hypertension, either before conception or after it, she has risks of certain complications that may occur during pregnancy.
With high blood pressure, the blood flow to the fetus is not normal; it decreases. Thus, the fetus does not get enough nutrients that it must get.
Getting fewer nutrients may result in low birth weight as the baby will not receive enough nutrients.
When the baby is not getting enough oxygen and nutrients through the body, your doctor may suggest getting pre-term delivery.
Another emergency may occur if the placenta detaches itself from the uterus before maturing. Placental abruption sometimes can be very dangerous.
For delivery of a pregnant woman with hypertension, doctors generally prefer a Cesarean delivery.
Another tough situation is preeclampsia that can be life threatening for both baby and mother. It may lead to cardio vascular problem for the lady in the future life.
There are different types of issues that occur due to high blood pressure that occurs either before pregnancy or during pregnancy.
Types of High Blood Pressure During Pregnancy.
Chronic Hypertension: This type of hypertension occurs in a woman before she conceives. It may also develop during the first two trimesters of pregnancy.
Gestational Hypertension: If the high blood pressure develops after 20 weeks of pregnancy, it is gestational hypertension and after birth, this problem goes away.
Preeclampsia: Both chronic and gestational hypertension may lead to preeclampsia. This is much serious than other situations and the level of protein in urine increases. It is required to take quick action for this type of problem.
Taking medication for hypertension during pregnancy: During pregnancy, it is important to keep a check on every medication that the mother takes because each and everything affects the baby. However, it is necessary to treat high blood pressure and keep it under control. There are certain medicines that are not dangerous during pregnancy, but certain medicines like angiotensin receptor blockers and others may be dangerous.
Thus, it is better to take advice from a Doctor before the mother takes any medication.
Finally, a pregnant woman should always consult her physician if she has chances of getting high blood pressure.
I am a 20yrs old girl and I am suffering from severe stomach ache during my periods. So I am taking a tablet" meftalspas" I got married also. So I want to know whether it will cause harmful for my body or any side effects? How can I reduce my pain?
I am 40 years old and I am having adenomyosis and used to have heavy bleeding every month so I been told to take primolut n for 21 days and darilong 7.5 after stopping after two days I got my periods but first day was only blood clots in urine second day was very little but I am getting severe headache and leg thighs and back paining please guide.
Hello I usually experience trouble during menstruation to be precise a week before that. What normally is said pms. It makes me feel hopeless, extreme mood swings anger irritation. Along with that unbearable back ache. Is this all normal or a warning sign?
Hai. Am 23 years old. Am having pcod. Through treatment we r planning. My LMP is 27/8/16. Today taken beta hcg. Value is 13. Am pregnant or not. Whether I need to wait or not. Chances are there or not. Pls help me.
I m 21 years old female. I have problem in my stomach. Every month I have irregular period problem. Please give me the proper solution.
Jaundice, typhoid, gatroenteritis and cholera.
My daughter is 14 years girl the menses is doesn't come to her, why ? It will make any problem to her Please answer me.
Hello, I have a vaginal white discharge. It's like a curd & its happened from 3-4 month. I have taken medicines but for hardly few days it disappear & return after that. I want have baby but not conceiving. I have a miscarriage 1& half year back. So please suggest some solutions.
Green tea is believed to be one of the healthiest beverages. It is rich in nutrients and antioxidants, which have a positive effect on the body. Some of the benefits, which it provides are lesser risk of cancer, fat loss, and an improved function of the brain. The latest study about green tea reveal that it boosts memory and can make you smart!
Listed here are some of the most amazing health benefits of having green tea which have been backed by research:
- The presence of bioactive compounds in green tea helps to improve the health. It is enriched with polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins, which are considered to be powerful antioxidants. These reduce the free radical formation in the body thereby, protecting the cells from damage.
- The compounds found in green tea helps to improve the brain function, thus making you smarter. The main ingredient is caffeine. Though not as much as in coffee, it is enough to create a response. Caffeine blocks Adenosine, an inhibitory neurotransmitter and increases the neurons and thus the concentration of the neurotransmitters like the norepinephrine and dopamine. It also has an amino acid L-theanine which increases the activity of the inhibitory neurotransmitter GABA. Caffeine and L-theanine work together to improve the brain function.
- The antioxidants found in green tea can actually lower the risk of cancer. The oxidative damages lead to cancer and antioxidants have a protective effect against cancer. As green tea is enriched with antioxidants it reduces the cancer risk. Milk should not be added in this tea as it reduces the value of the antioxidants.
- Green tea lowers the risk of Parkinson's and Alzheimer's. Thereby, protecting the brain in old age. Alzheimer's is a neurodegenerative disease, which causes dementia. Parkinson's being the second common neurodegenerative disease also involves death of dopamine, produced by the neurons of the brain. The bioactive compounds of the green tea have multiple protective effects and reduce the risk of these disorders.
- The dental health can be given a boost by drinking green tea. The catechins found in green tea stop the growth of certain virus and bacteria. This helps to lower the risk of infections and in turn improves the dental health, halitosis and caries.
- The risk of type 2 diabetes, which is considered to be an epidemic disease can be lowered by having green tea. In diabetes there is an increased blood sugar level and green tea improves this insulin sensitivity.
- Green tea lowers the LDL and total cholesterol. It also protects against the LDL particles from oxidation. This is turn is believed to lower the risk of cardiovascular disease.