Dr. Rajiv Singh
Hi, I am Dr Rajiv Singh. I am a consulting paediatrician in Max, Vaishali. I Have my own clinic in Shipra’s city.
Today I will be talking about a very important aspect of growth in newborn babies. After 6 months the babies are supposed to start on a weaning diet. We need to decide what the best nutrition is for the baby in this period. So, I just give you some simple tips.
- After 6 months of life, you start on semi-solid, mashed blanded vegetables, khichri, your halwas and mashed bananas, soup, juice.
- Remember to keep getting milk out of your nutrition and keep giving proper nutrition to the baby.The baby should have proper nutrition 3 times- morning, lunch, dinner and in-between snackings.
- Remember not to start giving milk with bottles and not to give cow’s milk or any kind of animal milk. If mother is having sufficient breast milk, you can continue to give breast milk or else formula milk.
- Baby should have liking for the food so, for that, you give salt and sugar to taste.
- You can use ample of butter, ghee in the food to make it very tasty.
- Water can be given as much as the baby wants.
- Remember to keep taking milk backwards and keep introducing new foods every one week or so.
- Very important to keep monitoring the baby’s growth during this period. Baby should be appropriately gaining weight according to the growth chart of the baby.
- For any nutrition supplements, you must contact your doctor before starting on any supplementary diet.
- Do not believe in giving animal’s milk or giving through any bottle.
- Try and make interesting scenarios. Try and make the condition and the house very suitable for the baby to enjoy diet food and mother and father should also sit with the baby and spend time, and start giving milk.
Initially you can have fussy babies. They might vomit few times; they might pass undigested semi-solid food which is very normal. So, do not get hassled up. Some babies are sweety, some babies are salty. Keep having a look at their taste and keep changing their diet. This is a very crucial phase in the babies’ growth. Don’t get too anxious that your baby is not eating. Just keep a watch at the growth. If the growth is normal, the baby is taking as per her /his appetite and it may not suit you according to your needs or your desires that your baby should be taking certain amount of diet.
If there are any further queries in this aspect which is my forte, you can always contact me through the excellent application of Lybrate.read more
Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Ghaziabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Other treatment areas
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajiv Singh
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajiv SinghYour feedback matters!
Dr. Rajiv Singh Reviews
Dr. Rajiv is a brilliant Paediatrician. Whenever I got to seek assistance for my daughters' health, I find him my go-to person. He has the ability to explain things in a way which a parent can understand very easily. He is a thought provoking person who is not just living to earn, rather to make the environment a better place to live. I am very thankful to him for his adorable attitude, passion for his work & kind nature. Keep Rocking Dr. Rajiv !!
Dr. Rajiv Singh is a wonderful doctor. he is a joyful personality and the way he explains everything leaves no doubt in mind. He is not among those who prescribes medicine for every problem mentioned, he goes into the seriousness of the matter and act accordingly. As a parents we are highly satisfied and recommend him to every parent.
Visited for Routine Checkup
Dr Rajeev is One Of Those Doctors Who Every Parent Is Looking For. Someone Who Understands What A Parent Is Going Through N What A Child Needs. His Lack Of Inclination Towards The Theory Of "just Give Antibiotics " Is Cherry On The Cake. It's Always Very Comforting N Reliving To Visit Him For Any Child Related Problem.
Visited for baby care
We have been visiting Rajiv's clinic for last 2 months and are happy the way he answers our queries. He takes out the mothers out of their panic zone which is utmost important. He understands the child needs and explains everything to us in details. Very happy to have found him in Indirapuram.
Dr. Rajiv Singh is an excellent doctor. Very accessible and never prescribes medicines unnecessarily. He gives sufficient time to his patients and explains the illness and line of treatment in detail. We are consulting him for our daughters since last few years, and are hugely satisfied.