Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Ghaziabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Colic
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Gallstones
Treatment of Burns
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Keloid
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Breast lumps
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment of Appendicitis
Treatment of Urine Stone
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rahul GuptaYour feedback matters!
I'm suffering from hair loss since 4 years. I'm having dandruff and its to oily skin. How I will recover it soon.
Since march I am suffering from some white bumps on my face with very little itching and inflammation with swelling and little redness. Doctors told me that it is fungal infection on face .i took treatment but after stopping it starts recurring but now I have very little of the aforesaid situation. I want to get completely rid of it. Flucin 150 cetmet and flucreme were drugs given to me.
I have a sensitive combination skin and is unable to find a proper winter cream. The ones I've tried either makes the dry portions more dry or causes break outs on the oily portions.
I am 23 year old man and my skin is very scars and back to back day pimples you solve my problem and my hair fall daily.
I am suffering from a personal problem. That is my skin colour is black. Its not a problem. White colour skin comes into my penis appex area. I do not know what is the problem from me.
I am having a dark complexion face and also it is to oily. I just loss my confidence wherever I go because of my dull face. I have tried many cosmetics to get a fair complexion but it didn't worked. What should I do to get a fair complexion and a oil free face?
Favorite pastime of most of the people would be to look at the mirror and analyze the skin. While acne is the most common problem, next in line would be pigmentation. One could have light patches or dark patches on the skin. The color of the skin is due to a pigment known as melanin. Greater the amount of melanin in the skin, darker the complexion. Skin color depends on the following:
- Degree of sun exposure
- Skin care routine
- Stress levels
- Hormonal levels (related to menstruation, pregnancy, breast feeding, menopause, etc.)
- Food habits
Hypopigmentation is less common and it is better to seek medical advice to rule out other medical conditions. Hyperpigmentation where there are increased amounts of melanin on the skin. This is quite common and happens with increased sun exposure and age. The most common types are as below:
- Melesma: Caused by hormonal changes, is very commonly seen during pregnancy.
- Lentigo: Multiple black spots or freckles. This could be caused by ageing or due to sun exposure.
- Management of hyperpigmentation: This involves two-fold approach with preventing and treatment
Tips for preventing hyperpigmentation:
Reducing sun damage and using optimal sun protection is the best way to prevent hyperpigmentation. The sunscreen should have at least an SPF (sun protection factor) of 15. A common misbelief is that sun damage happens during the bright days. However, even sun during cloudy weather causes damage, so avoid direct sun exposure as much as possible if you have are at risk of pigmentation.
Regularly scrub and exfoliate the skin to remove the dead cells from the top layers. Dry or sensitive skin can be exfoliated 1 to 2 times weekly, and oily skin can be exfoliated 2 to 3 times weekly. This helps constantly remove the top dead layers and fresh skin cells to come to the top, giving a fresher, more youthful look.
Treatment for Hyperpigmentation Pigmentation is hereditary, and so improved skin care routine is useful in improving appearance. When buying skin care products, check whether the SPF is greater than 15 at the minimum, and there are other essential ingredients like alpha hydroxyl acids, glycolic acid, and lactic acid.
These help in skin regeneration and producing a clearer skin with reduced discoloration. Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and kojic acid are also useful in treating hyperpigmentation. Dietary changes like egg white mask, citrus fruit application, potato peel can help in reducing pigmentation.
Other dietary changes to adhere to include a diet that is less in oil and refined sugars. A fresh fruit and vegetable loaded diet, adequate hydration, good skin care, and proper sun protection can go a long way in reducing pigmentation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic-plastic surgeon.
I am 34 years old and I am suffering from fungal disease for last 2 years. I have consulted many doctors but no works.
I m 23 years old girl. I have dark circles around my eyes my skin is very fair so it looks more prominent. How can I get rid of this.
My skin tone is changing due to over heat in my body. I interested having masala items. Like biryani ,non vegs etc. I taking less water in take without knowing myself. How to avoid this colour change? And having my original skin tone . Suggest me without medical use .
I think am having hemorrhoids because I sometimes lose blood with stool. I would like to know what kind of doctor I should consult and what I should eat n what to avoid.
I have rashes below my stomach part. These rashes are now coming towards my face. I have got a big circular ring on just above portion of my left eye. I have applied Terbinaforce plus tube on every part but it gives me no relief. Please help and suggest me what to do.
Symptoms Of Skin Fungus
While skin fungus may be caused by different environments and different types of fungi the signs or the symptoms of such infections are common:
• The skin of the feet peels, cracks or scales off
• Redness occurs on the skin as well as blister formation
• The skin tends to soften and breakdown
• There could be itching and burning
It is to be noted that skin fungus causes infections that are highly contagious. Thus, it can easily be transmitted from one person to another. The infected area needs to be treated or else it will spread to other areas of the body and cause complications. The different kinds of skin fungal infections like Jock itch, ringworm, athlete’s foot can be cured or prevented by taking note of the effective home remedies available.
Home Remedies For Skin Fungus
1. Proper Cleaning Routine
We often do not give adequate attention to the feet or clean it properly. It is necessary to:
• Wash feet thoroughly with soap
• It should be scrubbed or exfoliated from time to time to remove the dead skin cells.
Such regular cleaning rituals will keep the skin on the feet healthy and not allow bacteria to develop on it.
2. Keep The Feet And Shoes Dry
It is imperative that one maintains cleanliness and dryness of the feet and shoes:
• One should not wear shoes with wet feet
• The feet should be dried thoroughly after bath or washing
• If shoes are wet, they should be dried out properly before they are worn
3. Use Of Apple Cider Vinegar
If one has ringworm they can make use of apple cider vinegar and its antiseptic properties:
• The affected area should be cleansed with antiseptic soap first
• Apple cider vinegar should be applied on the affected area with a soft cotton ball
• The affected area should be massaged gently
4. Use Of Nail Polish
A common home remedy to get rid of skin fungus is to use nail polish remover or nail polish on it:
• If the fungus has affected the nails putting nail polish on it will kill the fungus and dry out the area
• The acetylene content in the nail polish does the trick
5. Do Not Wear Footwear For Long
If you tend to sweat or are active all day long, you need to remove the footwear often:
• It will help to dry out the seat
• It will reduce chances of fungal infection coming on
6. Apply Powder
If one is repeating the same pair of socks and shoes they need to:
• Apply baby powder in the shoes and the socks
• That will keep the moisture out and reduce chances of infection
7. Keep An Eye Out For Telltale Signs
It is hard to recognize the symptoms of fungal infection. One needs to keep an eye out for the first signs as the skin infection caused by fungi is contagious:
• Crusty skin layer forms on the top of feet
• Small rashes might develop which might itch
8. Do Not Wear Tight Fitting Clothes Or Shoes
When one has fungal infection they should resort to:
• Loose clothing that allow the air movement
• Comfortable fitted shoes should be worn to prevent aggravation of the infected areas
9. Tea Tree Oil
This is known to be an effective cure for fungal infections. It can be used in the form of:
• Ointment on the affected area
• The oil can be mixed with a carrier oil and then applied on the affected area
10. Preventing Skin Fungus On The Back
If you tend to sweat a lot you need to:
• Change the sweaty clothes
• Scrub the skin thoroughly when taking bath
11. Use Of Essential Oil
One can use the following essential oils to prevent fungus from growing on the skin:
• Garlic oil
• Tea tree oil
• Oregano oil
12. Use Of Hydrogen Peroxide
On can use a solution of
hydrogen peroxide and water in order to treat fungal infections. If one is suffering from such an infection:
• They can use such a solution to wash themselves or soak the affected area
• If the skin is sensitive, skin bleach can also be used to treat the affected areas