Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Homeopaths online in Ghaziabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Priyanka MehendirattaYour feedback matters!
Very Good Doctor, got relieved from my year long problem after visiting her.
Doctor is very experienced and knowledgeable. Recommended
I've a very bad memory issue. I can't even recall a word that I read just before few seconds. I really worried about my future, since i've completed graduation and soon going to do job. Also I'm preparing for competitive exams. What's the use if I prepared everything and can't recall anything. Please help me out in this regard.
I masturbate 4 times in a week. I am underweight. Is Masturbating stops to gain weight and how it affect health. Please provide suggestions.
Puran Poli – Healthy or Unhealthy?
Gudi padwa is around the corner, this festive season is incomplete without puran poli right. Puran poli is a classic maharashtrian delicacy. It is a pan-griddled sweet bread stuffed with split yellow gram (channa dal) or red gram (toovar/arhar dal).
It has various regional names like paruppu poli in tamil, holige or obbattu in kannada, ubbati in konkani. The taste also varies from region to region. It is sweet and is circular like a parantha. It is a festive dessert. The stuffing is called puran and the parantha-like bread is called as poli.
But. Hold on if you think puran poli is bad think again every food has its merit and demerits, the key is to maintain moderation.
Puran poli is supposed to be a high cal food, right. It is upto you to make it healthy, use whole wheat flour instead of maida, use ghee sparingly.
Lets look at its merit:
- Puran poli made with whole wheat flour is rich in complex carbs, fibre, gives b complex vitamins, certain minerals. Dals as we all know gives give good amount of protein, what you all will be surprised to know is that this combination of cereal i.e. wheat flour and protein from dals will provide you with good quality protein, which can be compared to egg which is considered as high biological value with almost 100% bioavailability i.e. of excellent quality. This combination provides all the required amino acids which are building blocks of protein.
- Futher it has lot of jaggery which contains iron, cacium, potassium, phosphorus, it is releases energy slowly, as it is digested slower than sugar. Further jaggery also aids in digestion, as jaggery breaks and becomes alkaline in the digestive system.
- Addition of green cardamom powder, saffron, nutmeg powder, mace (javantri) powder which have essential volatile oils, boosts digestion and are antispasmodic, carminative, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial.
- Go ahead and enjoy this festive delicacy, but keep it as festive delicacy and do not gorge on it, it is to be enjoyed only during festival season.
Enjoy gudi padwa with puran poli.
Atrial fibrillation is a form of irregular heartbeat or arrhythmia, which you may experience due to a problem in the electrical system of the heart. Such a problem causes the upper parts of the heart or the atria to fibrillate. Due to this quivering, the normal rhythm between the lower parts of the heart and the atria gets disrupted. The ventricles are likely to beat faster in an irregular rhythm. This is a severe condition where the blood may get collected in the atria; this could lead to the formation of blood clots. These clots can block the blood flow and lead to a stroke.
Several conditions cause strain and damage to the heart. These include the following:
- High blood pressure or hypertension
- Heart attack
- Valvular diseases
- Coronary artery disease
- Medical problems like heart failure, lung diseases, high level of thyroid or pneumonia
- Heart surgeries
- Excess consumption of alcohol
The primary symptoms of atrial fibrillation include the following:
- Light-headedness and dizziness
- Shortness of breath
- Feeling weak and fatigued
- Feeling as if the heart is pounding, fluttering or racing (known as palpitations)
- Feeling that the beating of the heart is uneven
- Chest pain and fainting
In many cases of atrial fibrillation, the symptoms may be absent.
Conducting several tests, physical examinations and an analysis of your health history is the first step towards diagnosing atrial fibrillation. An electrocardiogram (ECG) needs to be carried out for the detection of this condition. This test is performed for checking problems regarding the electrical activity of the heart. Other laboratory tests and an echocardiogram maybe required as well. An echocardiogram helps in observing the pumping function of the heart and to check whether the valves have been damaged.
The treatment options for atrial fibrillation depend on the cause, symptoms and the risks of getting a stroke. Several medicines are used for treatment along with other methods. They are as follows:
- Blood thinning medicines for the prevention of a stroke.
- Heart rate control medicines which will prevent irregular beating of the heart.
- Rhythm control medicines for restoring the heart’s rhythm to normal.
- A process known as cardioversion may be used to bring the heartbeat to a normal rhythm. This can be carried out by medicines or an electric shock therapy known as electrical cardioversion.
- In case of severe symptoms, ablation may be carried out where the affected areas of the heart are destroyed by the creation of a scar tissue.
For the best diagnosis and treatment of atrial fibrillation, you must consult a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the symptoms of the condition. A doctor will prescribe all that you need for an effective treatment.