Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ghaziabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Priyanka AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Joint pain refers to discomfort, aches, and soreness in any of the body's joints. Arthritis is a frequent cause of joint pain. The two main forms of arthritis, which may cause joint pain, are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. In fact, arthritis affects over 180 million people in India, with most of them being under the age of 25, and women in the age bracket of 20-40 being most severely affected by rheumatoid arthritis. Other common causes of joint pain are bursitis, lupus, gout, infection of the bone, cancer, and rickets.
Women face the problem of joint pain mostly because of menopause. Estrogen reduction during menopause very often means a bone loss that puts women at risk for osteoporosis. It is the thinning of the bone that dramatically increases the risk of fracture in women. Fractures due to osteoporosis affect about half of the women over 50.
Osteoporosis is a silent problem but osteoarthritis makes itself known. It causes achy joints, which can be very painful. Osteoarthritis results from the loss of cartilage in a joint, which causes the bones to rub together, eventually damaging the joint.
Joints, which experience high impacts such as hips and knees, tend to be most affected by menopausal arthritis. Hands and fingers can also be affected. Dehydration in women can also cause joint pain because of a buildup of uric acid, which can cause inflammation in the joints.
How can you as a woman prevent joint pain?
- It is important to reduce the pressure of repetitive strain. Some exercises such as yoga and swimming are beneficial for strengthening your muscles and joints without exerting too much pressure on them.
- Diet can have a positive influence on your joint health too. Fruits and vegetables have properties, which reduce inflammation (such as tomatoes, olive oil, and green, leafy vegetables to name a few). Having a balanced diet will not only help you with many menopause symptoms but will keep your weight in check, thereby preventing obesity and consequently joint pain.
Related Tip: How Homeopathy Can Cure Muscle and Joint Pain??
Hello I have been married for 1.5 years and I am 33 years old. We are planning a baby now need some guidance in this regards. My periods have been regular.
My wife is having a problem in her left side breast we found a hard a ball like thing in it. Is it a sign of breast cancer or is this harm her life please help me. When whe try to press on it she z getting pain please help my wife.
Hlo This is yashika agarwal resident of ghaziabad. I missed my period dates. Now I need to abort medically. Someone told me about Mifepristone and Misoprostol tablets. I have used it earlier once. But this time I am not getting them without prescription. Could you help me plz? I am just 3.5 weeks pregnant.
I am rupinder. I am pregnant. I hv missed period for one and half month. I want to abort. I hv taken termipill kit. I want to ask how much time will it take for bleeding to start after taking tablet.
I am having lots of thick white discharge n due to this I m having lot of pain in my knee. Lower back, arm n feeling tired. My bones have become very weak n now ntt having my periods.
Hi , before six months back only had marriage. I've a problem while doing sex immediately within 1 min oil is coming from my private part. Pls help to get extra time.
Hello, I m suffering from leukorrhea problem, kya isi wjh se mai concieve nhi kr pa rhi hun, waise mujhe ye problem tb se hai jb mai 5 6 years ki thi. please tell me what should I do.
I am suffering with pcod. My periods are not regular. Today third day of my period started but very less or can say just sporting. And close to black in colour. I Am worried. Last year I have cryotherapy also. Does I need to see my gyni or wait for some?
Pneumonia is a type of lung infection that may affect one or both lungs. In this condition the air sacs, also known as alveoli, fill with pus or fluid, which makes it difficult to breathe. Moreover, pneumonia is known to cause inflammation in the air sacs. This disease may range from mild to life threatening and the severity depends on cause of inflammation, the organism fostering your infection, your age and general health.
Most common symptoms associated with the condition are:
- Chest pain
- Difficulty in breathing
- Shaking chills
- Rapid heartbeat
- Rapid breathing
- Dry cough
- Muscle aches
- Bluish skin tone due to oxygen deficiency
- Blood in sputum that is coughed up mucus
- Labored breathing
- High fever
- Bacteria: One of the most common causes of pneumonia is the bacteria named as Streptococcus pneumoniae. This type of pneumonia may occur after you have had flu or a cold or maybe even on its own. Moreover, it may affect only one part of the lung i.e. the lobe and is also known as lobar pneumonia.
- Viruses: Viruses are one of the main reasons why children below 5 years of age suffer from pneumonia. Viruses that cause pneumonia may also cause cold or flu. Viral pneumonia is usually mild and may be treated at home itself. However, in some cases, it may be very severe and life-threatening.
- Mycoplasmas: Mycoplasma is a type of bacteria that doesn't have a cell wall around the cell membrane which is why they are usually unaffected by most antibiotics which target cell wall synthesis. The symptoms of pneumonia caused by mycoplasmas are mild and the patient does not require bed rest. This type of pneumonia is known as 'Walking Pneumonia'.
- Fungi: People with weakened immune systems or chronic health problems usually develop pneumonia due to fungi. You may also develop fungal pneumonia by inhaling large doses of it mainly found in soil or bird droppings.