Find numerous Neurosurgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurosurgeons online in Ghaziabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Management & Treatment of Spinal Disorders
Hepatitis B Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Treatment of Spina Bifida
Hepatitis C Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pradyot Kumar GovilYour feedback matters!
I develop pins and needle feeling in my limbs every now and then more specifically when i am running which becomes very uncomfortable after some time when the whole of legs and the last three fingers in hands go numb. Please advice thanks.
The moment when you learn about your child being autistic can be a life changing moment for you. You might feel all the dreams and aspirations which you built around your child come crashing down on a pile of zilch. However, recent developments in this field show that you can certainly take steps to make your child more comfortable and bond well with them.
Autism related disorder usually begin before the age of 3, when the child starts encountering problems in communication and social interaction. This article tries to help you find a way to deal with an autistic child:
- Learn more about autism: Learn about autism as much as you can; a broad understanding of the causes and symptoms of the disorder can help you understand your child better. This will also enable you to respond to your child’s needs better, both physical and psychological.
- Build a strong support system: It is difficult to parent a child who is suffering from autism. Communicating and interacting with your child might be extremely difficult and problematic. In order to overcome this stress, you should have a strong support network, a support network from which you can draw your strength and logic once you have to take major life decisions for your child.
- Review your treatment options: It is advisable to start treatment immediately after the diagnosis is done. Early treatment can help better your child’s cognitive skills that can help him/her cope better with the surroundings and circumstances. The treatment options include behavioral training whereby self-help or social skills training is used to work on the child’s communication skills and behavior. Specialized therapy is another option whereby the therapies are directed at a particular aspect of the child, primarily speech or physical functioning.
- Focus on your child’s diet: Diet plays an important role in the regularization of any disease. Even in case of autism, deficiency of certain vitamins or minerals makes it very important to analyze the diet and then assess it. Consult with the doctor before making any modification to the child’s diet.
- Behavioral training: Behavioral training is an aspect of autism treatment that allows the child to adapt to various conditions. Before a child undergoes behavioral training, it is advised to assess his/her behavior, functional abilities and the environment your child belongs to. The objective of this therapy or training is to induce desired behavior and get rid of the undesirable ones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.
I am 31 years old male. I had a paralytic attack four days ago. My MRI report says that: Cerebral parenchymal: subtle T2& FLAIR hyperintensities are seen in the right frontal, occipital and parietal regions. These show diffusion restrictions with low ADC values. Multiple areas of SWI blooming are seen within it. S/O acute infarct with hemorrhagic transformation.
Sir, my sister's husband ko kafi samay se ek problem hai jisme unki neck or hands hilte rahte hai or unka treatment aims me chal raha hai. Unki disease ke liye unko injection lagaye jate h. But unki problem ab jada ho gayi hai. So please suggest me where we should go ?
I am 18 years old and I have migraine problem for three years. After having this problem I got spices with progressive glasses but it was vain because I have still migraine problem. Please can you tell me the cure of it.
As the famous quote says, 'prevention is better than cure', let us take you through some preventive measures to keep you and your loved ones away from the dreadful brain stroke. Brain stroke occurs due to an interruption in the regular blood flow to the brain or bursting of a blood vessel or due to the bursting of blocked artery, which reduces the supply of oxygen and nutrients, leading the brain cells to die.
Top 8 things that will reduce the likelihood of having a brain stroke:
- Eat well: Having good eating habits are not just good for a healthy outlook of the body, but also benefits the body in many other ways. Eating a plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, fibre rich diet, reducing salt and fat content can prevent stroke.
- Stay Active: Regular exercising not just makes you feel and look good, but also reduces the odds of developing a brain stroke. Exercising regularly or keeping the physical activities regularly will keep you away from suffering a stroke. Pick any physical activity, but do work out to stay away from the brain stroke.
- Say no to Smoking and drugs: Yes! The more you smoke, the more are the chances of you of suffering the deadly brain stroke.
- Control your blood pressure: Normal range varies with age of patient. Regular check-up of blood pressure is advisable to control the chances of suffering a stroke as high blood pressure can result into damage of arteries, which causes brain stroke.
- Drink in limits: Limit the amount of alcohol you consume, as alcohol increases the blood pressure, which is one of the main reasons behind the stroke. The high amount of alcohol can increase the blood pressure to a higher level very quickly. Consulting a doctor is the best option in case you are not able to control your alcohol intake.
- Cholesterol: People suffering from high cholesterol are at higher risk of strokes as the cholesterol can travel to the arteries in the body making the arteries narrow and the body more prone to suffer a stroke. Choosing healthy lifestyle helps in reducing the cholesterol level.
- Diabetes: High level of diabetes is one of the most prominent reasons behind stroke. One should get his diabetes level checked and keep it under control since the arteries might get blocked because of fatty deposits because of higher sugar levels.
- Depression/Stress: Any kind of depression or stress, generally leads to avoidance of all or some of the points discussed above and hence becomes a reason for an unhealthy body, which is more prone to strokes. Consultation with a doctor and/or psychiatrist is advisable in case a person if suffering from depression.
Improving your health and taking charge of your life should be the top most priority and should never be ignored. Regular health checkups can pick these diseases early and are encouraged. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
I'm 20 years old female I have pain in my tailbone from one month . Can you please help me what can this pain cause . Because when I sit it pains and when I stand also it pains but while walking der is no pain when I sit I fell numbness .
I am epilepsy patient. I am taking valparin chrono 300 mg in morning and 500 mg in evening. Since 2 and a half years. thankfully I didnt get any seizure since then. Till when should I continue my medications.
Hypopituitarism is defined as a condition in which the pituitary gland is unable to produce enough hormones. Under-secretion of pituitary hormones affects reproduction, body growth and blood pressure. It also results in pre-mature aging.
The pituitary gland is a small bean-shaped gland situated at the base of your brain, behind your nose and between your ears. Despite its size, this gland secretes hormones that influence nearly every part of your body.
In hypopituitarism, you have a short supply of one or more of these pituitary hormones. This deficiency can affect any number of your body's routine functions, such as growth, blood pressure and reproduction.
Meningitis (brain infection)
Hypophysitis (autoimmune inflammatory disorder)
Sarcoidosis is an infiltrative (accumulation of cells and tissues in excess of the normal amount) disease which occurs in various organs.
Impaired hormone secretion by the pituitary gland is caused by genetic mutations.
Sheehan’s syndrome: It is a condition in which the pituitary gland gets damaged due to severe blood loss during childbirth.
Hypothalamus (a part of the brain which is located above the pituitary gland) diseases wherein the pituitary activities are directly affected by the hypothalamus.
Reduced sex drive
Irregular menstruation, pubic hair loss, hot flashes (feverish heat), and inability to breast-feed properly because of low breast milk production).
Dwarfism in children
Increased sensitivity to cold temperature
Reduction in body hair or facial hair
Hormone replacement drugs include:
Corticosteroids: Adrenocorticotropic hormone deficiency leads to low production of adrenal hormones (different kinds of hormones such as cortisol and adrenalin, produced in the endocrine glands). These drugs act as a replacement of adrenal hormones.
Growth hormone: Growth hormone, also known as somatropin, is injected beneath the skin. This treatment method promotes growth, which balances the height in children. Growth hormone deficiency in adults is also cured by these medications to some extent.
Surgery: Surgical procedure is needed if the condition of hypopituitarism is the result of a tumor. The doctor will remove the tumor through surgery, thus resulting in normal growth.
Radiation: Radiation therapy helps in reducing the size of the tumor which causes stunted growth or pre-mature aging. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.