Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prachi Kaushik
Submit a review for Dr. Prachi KaushikYour feedback matters!
If you have an uncomplicated pregnancy, you are likely to be able to travel during most of your pregnancy. Just be sure to discuss air travel and extended trips with your doctor ahead of time. When traveling, it's also smart to carry a written record of your due date and any medical conditions you have.
When traveling by car, remember the following:
• Wear your seat belt , even if your car has an air bag. Strap the lower belt across your lower lap/upper thighs. Run the shoulder belt between your breasts and up over your shoulder, not over your abdomen. Remove any excess slack in the seat belt.
• Proper use of an air bag is important regardless of whether you are pregnant. If you are sitting in front of an air bag, slide the seat as far back as possible, and tilt the seat back slightly to increase the distance between your chest and the air bag [to 10 in. (25 cm) or more]. For the latest air bag safety information, see the U.S. Department of Transportation website at www.safercar.gov.
• Take bathroom breaks and short walks at least every 2 hours on long trips to increase the blood circulation in your legs and reduce bladder pressure.
When you're pregnant, the safest time to travel is during your second trimester (18 to 24 weeks), when your risks for miscarriage and preterm labor are lowest. During your third trimester, it's best to stay within 300 miles of home, in case of sudden changes that need medical attention. Airplane travel tips include the following:
• Check with the airline for its requirements before you book a flight. Some airlines do not allow women more than 35 weeks pregnant to fly.
• Carry written documentation of your due date when traveling. Some airlines ask to see this information.
• Wear your seat belt strap over your lower lap/upper thighs. When in flight, keep your seat belt fastened as much as possible in case of turbulence.
• Take a few walks while on a long flight to increase the blood circulation in your legs.
• Choose an aisle seat if possible. This will make it easier to move around in the plane.
Hi, im 33, I'm working in night shift, my hairs mixed with black n white, it looks not good, can I use any hair colours? Name mention. Or is any way to black da hairs? Pls help.
My girlfriend has untimely menstrual periods so she takes some prescribed drugs. We got physical 20 days back and though we did not have intercourse but some of my semen was present at her outer wall of vagina. She has missed her period but the pregnancy test was negative. Is there a possibility that the result was false and the medicines altered them? Please help.
Ma skin is dry n if I use sunscreen den ma face becomes full dark n always sweats too. Wat should be done for dis.
Abhyangam is a popular body massage in Ayurveda. The word abhyanga itself means to massage.
In Ayurveda, the Abhyangam massage has become popular because of its effective way of conditioning the body. Abhyangam can be used therapeutically.
Abhyangam can increase the production of white blood corpuscles and antibodies, which provide more resistance against viruses and diseases. This helps the defense mechanism in the body and increases immunity towards environmental changes. In this way Abhyangam massage is a protector, preserver and a rejuvenator, increasing self-confidence and will power.
In Ayurveda the Abhyangam massage is described as:
1. Jarahar (anti aging) - If done daily to the spine, feet and head with sesame oil, coconut oil, mustard oil or almond oil massage increases virility, vitality and semen. Massage is one practice, which provides energy, vitality, and nourishment to all body surface, which prevents wrinkles, dry patchy skin and old age approaches late, one remains young and energetic for longer duration. In this way, massage is anti aging.
2. Shram Har (fatigue reliever) - Fatigue is actually caused by physical and mental strain. It affects the muscles and causes tensions. Rubbing, patting and squeezing muscles gently removes fatigue by increasing circulation and cleansing accumulated toxic material. .
3. Vata Har (pacifies the Vata) - Regular Abhyangam massage with Mahanarayana oil or oils prepared by burning garlic in heated oil, or adding fenugreek seeds to boiling oil, mint oil and wintergreen oil all help in pacifying Vata.
4. Drishti Prasad Kar (Improve sight) - Daily practice of abhyangam massage can improve sight and reduces the risk of blindness. Those, who have weak sight or who suffers from diseases of the eyes should massage the feet, especially under the big toe and sole.
6. Ayu Kar (provides longevity) - By creating an electrochemical balance, massage helps in achieving longevity.
7. Swapna Kar (induces sleep) - Massage relaxes the body and removes tensions. Those suffering from sleeplessness, insomnia or those who are unable to enjoy sound sleep should massage the body (especially the head and feet) before sleeping.
8. Twak Dridh Kar (strengthens the skin) - People who live in cold climates get dry skin by constantly facing the chilled air, which creates dryness. Massage with oil remove dryness, also makes the skin smooth, shiny and regular rubbing makes it strong.
9. Klesh Sahatwa (provides resistance against disease and disharmony) - Massage strengthens the body tissues feeling pleasant and cheerful. This saves one from sorrows, agonies and anxieties.
10. Abhighat Sahatwa (resistance to injuries & power to recover quickly) - Those who massage the body regularly recover from physical injury more quickly than other person who do not massage. Those who massage regularly experience the healing process from within immediately and they experience comparatively less pain and fewer problems.
11. Kapha Vata Nirodhak – Prevent dryness and clogging of skin pores caused by secretions and action of Vata and Kapha.
12. Mrija Varna Bala Prad - It maintains body strength, skin health and also improves the color complexion and texture of the skin.
Thus in Ayurveda, Abhyangam massage is highly praised and much emphasis is placed on the uses of different oils according to body type and season.