Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Ghaziabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Poonam Sachdeva
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam SachdevaYour feedback matters!
Dr. I am suffering from pcod from last 16 year and my period was not regular so I went to a Dr. she gave me krisom 35 after taking that medicine my periods got regular but for some day then I went to one gynecologist she gave me geocyst medicine and menoreg syrup for 3 months then again the same thing happened that my periods was irregular again again she told me to take loette for 3 months but she told me to take this medicine from your 3day of your periods and with that she gave me mychiro and cycloset syrup for 3 months till with that medicine my periods was regular now she told us that we will go for pregnancy for that she gave me letrozole 2.5 mg for 5 days 10 tablets and she told me that I had to take from 3 day of my periods and with that she told me to take Folizorb in morning and ovifert morning and evening and valest 2 she told me to take morning and evening I want to know that from all these medicine shall I convince and if I convince it will effect my baby in any case means is there any chance that baby born with abnormality or in future I get any side effects or any kind of cancer please help me out.
Actually, I want to ask about pregnancy. Me and my girlfriend had sex on 6 january. She had her last period from 13 december to 20th december. She is not down yet. Please tell me is there any chance that she is going to be pregnant. We are really worried. And what should we do in this type of situation.
I am 22 years old. My periods are irregular. When I get medicine, periods come. I have started asokarist syrup. Does this syrup will affect? also suggest me other medicine. I have habit of eating slate pen. Whether this habit affect my monthly periods or not.
I'm 25 years old female I have irregular periods on the of march 20 2015 I got sudden pain in S5 /L 4 From that I took ortho tablet so from April I'm getting periods 35 days once now this month its 47 the day till now I dint get my periods kindly tell what should I do?
Hi. I have no complete knowledge about sex. I am not completely sure for safe sex (means) I am not want pregnancy now. So please tell me. When we can do sex after periods for not pregnancy without condoms use. Because I am not want a baby from sex now. please give me good suggestion for me and my wife's healthy life.
Sir, my gf n I had unprotected sex on 1st july, n she immediately took ipill within 2 hours. N its 15th of july still she has not gt her periods. She always had delay in periods problem. Is she pregnant?
Am cured with my pcod and now am trying to loose some weight before trying to conceive. Is it ok to loose weight while trying to conceive. Can I still get pregnant with following a strict diet. Or I should not diet?
Hi, vagina se sex ke baad sperm bahar nikal jaye toh pregnant hone me problem hoti h ky aur jab bhi sex kare toh vagina se sperm nikalna normal baat h ya nahi please suggest me.
Green tea has been promoted as one of the healthiest beverages around. It is made from the same kind of leaves (camellia sinensis) as generic black tea or oolong tea. The primary difference is that while processing the leaves for green tea, the withering and fermentation procedures are avoided, which helps the leaves retain more nutrients. However, green tea comes with quite a few side effects just like ordinary tea or coffee. They are:
1. Digestive problems
Since green tea is not put through the oxidation or fermentation process, the tannins present in the leaves are not removed. Tannins, can cause nausea and constipation by producing more gastric acid. Adding a little milk to your tea might help with this problem.
2. Reduced absorption of iron
Green tea contains catechins- antioxidants, which can block the absorption of iron from food. Iron deficiency has a number of negative impacts, the most threatening one being anemia where red blood cell formation is hindered. Anemia causes fatigue because sufficient oxygen is not circulated throughout the body due to low haemoglobin levels.
3. Problems with the nervous system
Green tea contains caffeine, just like tea or coffee, though its caffeine content is lower. Excessive consumption can lead to insomnia-like tendencies, heightened anxiety, frequent urination, irregular heartbeat, muscle cramps etc.
4. Risks during pregnancy
Caffeine decreases calcium content in the body, leading to weaker bones, which is an alarming symptom in an expecting mother. Also, caffeine, catechins and tannins are individually related to increased risks of miscarriage and other negative effects. Tannins and catechins passed on to breast milk can also block absorption of nutrients like proteins and fats in an infant's system.
5. Reactions with medication
Several chemical drugs are extremely reactive to the polyphenols in green tea, especially stimulant drugs like nicotine, ephedrin and amphetamine. Green tea reduces the functioning of lithium and dipyridamole. The polyphenols may also block the healing properties of the anti-cancer drug name bortezomib. Any kind of interference with your regular medication may impact your health adversely.
6. Negative impact on patients with glaucoma
The disease impairs the optic nerve and green tea increases the pressure on the eye within minutes of drinking it because caffeine accelerates intraocular pressure. The effects take more than an hour to subside.
Inability or absence of successful peno- vaginal intercourse in a couple.
About 15% of couple have problem of Unconsummation though they can have orgasm by masturbation or by oral stimulation of the genitals. It is not so common in the west, be for social and cultural reasons. The longest duration of Unconsummation seen was for 9 years.
The commonest cause of Unconsummation is ignorance about the sexual act, though sexual aversion, rigid hymen, atresia of vagina, trauma, infection and sexual dysfunctions like impotence, premature ejaculation vaginismus, dyspareunia, etc. and up in Unconsummation of marriage.
Attention is mainly focused here on the Unconsummation due to ignorance about the sexual act. The other conditions responsible for Unconsummation are managed by treating the cause.
1. sexuality is a basic instinct in the animals for reproduction and propagation life. Unlike the other animals, sexual behavior in the human being is the outcome of learning and conditioning. Sex being a very private issue and considered as a taboo, there is hardly any opportunity for learning the intercourse. therefore ignorance, myths and misconceptions about sexual act prevail.
2. All the quadruped and biped animals perform coitus by the rear entry, while human being is the only animal doing intercourse in a face –to – face position.
3. the act is done in the dark.
4. the vaginal opening and its direction are not visible externally.
How the problem presents?
Unconsummation is more common in urbanized and well- educated clients. They are normal in every respect except for their ignorance about the sexual act.
1. The client complaint may come for the guidance saying, I don’t know how to do intercourse. Please help me.
2. The chief complaint may be, I can’t penetrate.
Perhaps he tries at the wrong site or in a wrong direction; or she may be having vaginismus.
3. Some men may not know that they have to do pelvic movements after penetration.
4. Woman keeps her legs straight
This can be an important statement by the client giving a clue to the diagnosis. This COITAL position there is no proper alignment between the direction of penis and vagina; therefore penetration is not possible.
5. My penis is not hard enough for penetration this could be the complaint. The female might not have been sufficiently stimulated through foreplay. Nature has designed the structure of the vagina in such a way that man gets maximum rigidity of penis in the vagina and then only he can ejaculate.
6. Man may lose erection after trying at a wrong site ( at urethra or at clitoris) for a long time and blame himself. In such case, woman may complain of pain during the coital act.
7. If the women has vaginismus, man may not be able to penetrate. He may lose erection and label himself as impotent.
8. All the semen comes out
This is the complaint by the women when the man ejaculates on the vulva instead of in the vagina.
9. Women complaint of primary infertility. To the surprise of the examiner, the hymen may found to be in fact proving Unconsummation. Till this fact is brought their notice, they feel that they are doing the coitus in a perfect way.
1. The couple may continue to do intercourse in a wrong way without being aware about Unconsummation.
2. Women may complain of pain during the intercourse
3. Man way lose the erection after trying intercourse unsuccessfully at a wrong site for sufficient length of time. He may think himself suffering from impotence.
6. Marital conflict/ divorce
1. history is most important.
Foreplay : yes/no
Erection of penis in man and lubrication of vagina in women : Yes/No
Women flexing her hips during coitus in missionary position : Yes/No
Site & direction of penetration : Right/ Wrong
Pelvic movements: Yes/No
Illumination in the room: Yes/No
2. In every case of impotence and infertility, Unconsummation should be ruled out.
3. Women sleeping in the supine position with legs straight on the bed during the intercourse should make the clinician suspect Unconsummation.
4. Genital Examination:
Presence of hymen in the married female .
Only one finger dilatation of vagina
Presence of smegma on the glans/coronal sulcus in the male
Painful retraction of prepuce (or phimosis) may be an accidental finding.
5. Post-coital Test: Absence of sperms in the sample.
1. Both the partners should attend the counselling session.
2. Anatomy of male & Female genitals should be explained to them with the help of clay model, charts or slides.
3. Examination of the genitals:
One finger PV examination of the females should be done in the presence of the male to enable him to understand the site and the direction of the vaginal barrel.
4. The following instructions will help the couple in overcoming Unconsummation.
For the couples who sleep on the floor.
Lights should be on or the coitus should be done during the day.
The couple should engage in foreplay till he gets erection of penis and she gets lubrication of vagina.
The female should be in a supine position on the bed, with a pillow under her buttocks, and with her thighs flexed and abducted at her hips. This rotates her pelvis and brings her vaginal opening accessible for the penetration by the male.
The male should squat on his heels ( vajrasan or Namaaz Position)
Between her thighs. In this position he being perpendicular to her body is in a position to locate and align his penis with the vagina which is at the lower end of vertical cleft, and in upward and backward direction.
Then he advances towards her that his right thigh is under her left one , and his left thigh is her right one. On reaching near her vulva, he separates the labia by his left hand and inserts his penis by his right hand. In the event of difficulty, the female should help him with her hand in guiding the insertion penis.
Supporting his body on the knees and holding her thighs by his hands he makes to and for movements of his pelvis till he ejaculates in the vagina.
For the couples who sleep on the cot: (T position )
Light should on or the coitus should be done during the day. The female sleeps on the cot in a supine and slide down till buttocks are on the foot end the bed.
She flexes and abducts her thighs, and the male kneels on the floor between her thighs, supporting his knee on the pillows so as to align his penis with her vaginal opening. In this position the male is perpendicular to the female.
The advantages are that he can see the external genitals of both and maneuver the penetration, can make pelvic movements by holding her thighs, and can stimulate the clitoris simultaneously while doing intercourse.
The success rate is high. once the couples learn the coital act they simply wonder as to how they could miss such a simple and universal procedure