Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Ghaziabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P K Gupta
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. P K GuptaYour feedback matters!
Am very weak I want good body good shapes so want food habits take and what I do sir please tell me the answer I want sex stamina so what food habits to took.
I have pcod and epithelial cyst diagnosed. I'm under treatment with deviry for 3 cycles. But it's been a month and I haven't got my periods for third cycle yet. Should I still wait or c my doc?
Sir, I have head ache problem since 3 months and is paining a lot at night please suggest. And some of the medical tablets So that I can control my headache.
My sgpt and sgot is about 90 & 65 respectively and any other blood test is in normal condition. What should I do?
I have cold and fever regularly. At least once in a week, and my body weight is not growing faster. What I have to do?
My erection is not so good and I release to early .what kind of treatment is available for me and is it treatable or not.
I am 24 year old male. I usually suffer from headache almost daily. In the morning also when I awake. Ache is always in right side of my head and there is pain in right eye also. What should I do? Its been long and I'm not taking any medications. Sometimes I use disprins. Please help.
Otoplasty is a surgical procedure where modifications are made in the shape and size of the ear. This procedure can only be carried put after the ears are fully developed, that is after the age of 5. This surgery can be used to improve the functionality as well as the appearance of the ear.
The reasons why people opt for otoplasty are-
- If the ears are relatively large in comparison to the face
- When the ear sticks out excessively from the head
- Problems caused by any previous surgery
Incisions are either made through the back of the ear or through the inner creases of the ear. Once the incision is made, then the excess skin or cartilage is eliminated. After completion of the surgery, the incisions are closed by stitches. The entire process generally lasts for up to two hours.
After the stitching is done, the ears are covered with bandages. Once the bandages are removed from the ear, a loose headband is worn to provide support to the ears while sleeping.
Risks associated with the surgery
There are certain risks associated with this surgery, like:
- Formation of the scars due to the surgery
- An asymmetric appearance of the ears as the healing process may affect it
- Decreased skin sensitivity in the adjoining area
- The stitches in the ear can cause inflammation in the skin. It may also lead to an abnormal shape where the ears have a pulled back appearance
- Like other surgeries, bleeding and infection may occur
Post procedural care
The following precautions should be taken after completion of otoplasty:
- The headband should be used constantly after the surgery for about two months
- Direct exposure to the sun should be avoided
- If rash forms after the bandages are removed then consult a medical professional.