Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Internal Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Internal Medicine Specialists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Internal Medicine Specialists online in Ghaziabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Omkar Singh
Submit a review for Dr. Omkar SinghYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Diagnosed quickly. wrote minimal drugs and investigations
Very friendly doc. recommended
Some Important Facts About Thyroid
Thyroid Disease is of two types Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism.
- When the amount of Thyroid Hormone decrease inside the body. This is known as Hypothyroidism.
- Thyroxine is taken when T3, T4 decrease in body or increase TSH with any symptom of Hypothyroidism or Positive Anti TPO antibody.
- Patient with Hypothyroidism usually have heat/cold intolerance, depression, fatigue, dry skin, constipation, weight gain, irregular menses.
- Thyroid hormone is available under name of Eltroxin, Thyrox, Thyroup, Thyronorm etc. However same brand should be continued as absorption of different brands is difference.
- Thyroxine is taken empty stomach early morning and nothing else should be taken for 20 min-30 min.
- If any tablet is skipped in the morning it should be taken 30 min before dinner same day or two tablets to be taken next day. However, Patient should not make it a routine habit to take it every alternate day.
- Thyroid function test is to be repeated 6weekly till TSH is between 2-3 and then 6monthly and then yearly.
- Requirement of Thyroid hormone is increased during pregnancy. TSH should be monitored every month and dose should be titrated according.
Keep TSH between 2-3
Take Medicine Regularly
Monitor as Advised