Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Ghaziabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Neeraj DhamaYour feedback matters!
A day after a good workout session at gym, I am hearing a popping sound in my shoulder and bone/ muscle overlapping or moving one over other, though I feel a little pain when I move my hand up and down. Just curious to know is it any sign of injury or this happens? For this I got many replies and remedies like icing, low frequency exercise ,rest, it's been almost two weeks, still same condition.
I have upper left back pain since two days iam not able sit perfectly straight if I try it pains It started because I was not sitting correctly on the chair and also coz chair is wooden chair doesn't have good back support do you have any suggestions.
I contacted chikungunya on the 16th of August & was cured after about 10 days except the debilitating pain that has literally increased with time in place of reducing. Pain is in the wrists, ankles, hands, feet & other joints. Why this pain & how to get rid of the same? How much time can it take?
I am 22 years old medical student suffering from back pain and lower limb pain sometimes and when I travel in bus than I feels nausea, headache and vibration in my hand s and other body parts. And I am a vegetarian.
I am Suffering with plantar fasciitis. Had phisiotheraphy for two weeks. Again the same. Tried pain killers and anti inflammation drugs. Feeling contionous burning at a point below the heel. Help me out! please. Very much annoyed.
I'm 31 years defence person 2013 me muje football khelte huve left knee me chot lagi thi x-ray or MRI k baad pata chala ki internal legament injury h doctors me physical exercise k liye mana kiya tha lekin defence ki job me it's not possible kuch exercise bhi batayi thi vo me krta tha ista treatment unhone operation bataya BT kaha ki uske baad bhi koi surity ni h to mene operation nahi karwaya knee band use krta hu halki running kar skta hu jada fast bhi ni kr skta or jump to bikul bhi ni le skta ek do baar jump krne ki koshish ki to knee dislocate ho gayi bahut dard hota h kuch dino tk is wajah se mere job ki promotion me bhi problem ho rahi h. Defence me physical fit hona bahut jaruri h 1 saal phle homoeopathic se bhi treatment karwaya kuch time thek raha bt ek din jump krte samay fr se dislocate ho gaya or ek din raat k samay 2 seedhi utarte samay knee twist ho gayi or fir se wahi pain ho gaya ab to darr lgta h kya me fir se normal person ki tarah jump running ya physical kar paunga me bahut pareshaan hu aisa lgta h knee alag ho gayi h iska koi treatment h to bataiye kuch bhi ho me apne knee ko phle ki tarah krna chahta hu. Pls help me.
I have leg pain, its actually nerves pain I consulted doctor he gave me medications, but he did not tell me the proper reason, he said just because of nutrient deficiency I am getting this nerves pain from my upper thigh. Please can you tell me the proper reason. For this cause.
My mother has pain in their knee. Everytime she sit she cannot sit up due to knee pain. So give me some suggestions that help my mother problem.
My wrist got fractured last year on 29 june 2016. Doctor plastered it for 28 days. After 28 days he again advised to keep the plaster for 2 weeks more. I cut it in 10 days myself. The pain was gone. But till now also wrist joint pains on bending. It is not flexible as it was before. Please guide me.
After fractured my grandmother's Right hand joint Doctor say to binding with plaster and after removing the plaster Her Hand is swelling to much so but no any type of pain how get rid of this swelling Pls Tell me As fast as soon possible.
Hii I am AJIT Singh my problem is that my back is always pain please best suggestion me how to recover it.
I have constantly back pain since last two years its too painful and it creates a lot problems in exercise also. So can you recommended how I can get ride of this pain.
Hi doctor! my mom is having pain in her knees. Seems like some vein has been pulled from back of her knee. Can not even stand.
My symptoms:- lump-pain in right testicle chest pain shortness in breathing Bone pains Frequant urination yellow urine headache my vision:- may be i am having testicular cancer stage 3.
I am a 62 years old male, one year back one of the muscles in the lower back om right side started involuntary movement, causing physical and mental discomfort. My emg and brain mri were normal but now the muscles at the back have started twisting and stretching causing lot of physisl discomfort but i'm doing all my normal this gs myself without any difficulty, I am into pranayam and yoga too. Kindly advise.
I am 38 years old. I feel stiffness in legs and feet when I wake up after sleep. I feel difficult to stand up and walk.
My joints pain, I always get tired very fastly, Did this is because of low calcium intake, This happening since 4-5 months. I masturbate many times is this is reason.
I an suffering from back (KAMAR) Pain. I was feeling uncomfortable to sit and walking. please give me perfect solution.
Mild to serious pain or uneasiness in the lower back region is known as lumbago or back pain. The pain might be acute (sudden and extreme) or chronic, if it has lasted over three months. People who do a lot of physical exertion are often affected by it. Also back pain occurs as you age
There are a variety of reasons for back pain. Some of them are listed below
- Strain: Majority of the cases related to back pain occur due to strain in many parts of the body. These include:
- Strained ligaments
- Strained muscles
- Improper lifting
- Lifting something too heavy in an incorrect posture
- A muscle spasm
- Abrupt or awkward movement
- Structural problems: Problems such as bulging discs (a disorder of the rubbery disk within the bones of the spine), arthritis, abnormal curvature of spine (a condition in which the spine curves downward), osteoporosis (bones becoming brittle and weak) and ruptured discs (almost similar to bulging discs).
- Cauda equina syndrome (a condition in which the spine nerve roots get compressed)
- Infection in spine
- Cancer in spine
- Sleep disorders
- Awkward postures
Symptoms of back pain include:
- Stiff back
- Loss of weight
- Difficulty in urinating
- Sciatica, characterized by pain in the hips, legs and thighs. This occurs due to a compression in a slip or intervertebral disc in the back, which leads to a pinched nerve.
- Numbness in legs
How to treat it
Treatment for back pain is dependent on the type and severity of pain as well as the patient’s medical history. A large majority of cases of back pain take a recovery time of around six weeks without surgery. Exercises for relieving back pain are common elements of a treatment plan. Typical treatment of back pain involves use of muscle relaxants, pain killers and physiotherapy. Surgery is suggested in severe cases. Some other treatments are discussed below:
- Rest: A period of rest and cease of activity would cause the injured tissues to recuperate and relieve back pain. However, extended periods of rest might lead to weakening of muscles and hence, prolong the back pain.
- Heat and ice packs: Both heat and ice therapy is used to reduce inflammation and it is utilized according to the patient’s preference.
- Medications: A large variety of prescription and over-the-counter medicines are available, such as Acetaminophen and Diclofenac. Some reduce back pain caused by inflammation and others prevent the pain signals from travelling to the brain. It is to be noted that every medication has its own risks and side effects.
Role of Physiotherapy in Treating Back Pain:
In physiotherapy, the general goal of this treatment is to reduce pain in parts of the body; be it in the arms, legs or back. In the age we live in, where most of us are sitting in one place, hunched on our laptops, we are bound to get a back pain. Some pains are temporary and can go away with some sound sleep. The more severe back pains are usually chronic and can hamper your productivity.
The various approaches that are used to cure back pains with physiotherapy are:
- Ice/heat packs
- Ultrasound therapies
- TENS units
These are called passive approaches as these are being done to the patients.
The other approaches that are mostly exercise based are mostly done to rehabilitate the spinal cord. This approach is usually a cocktail of the following:
- Strengthening Exercises For Back Pain: Certain prescribed exercises such as lumbar stabilization or other exercises should be done for about fifteen to twenty minutes on a regular basis to strengthen your back muscles. These strengthen your core muscles and help in lower back pain as well. These can help in relieving pain if done right. This is why you should get directions from professionals or qualified physical therapists.
- Stretching Exercises For Back Pain: It is advised to stretch your hamstring muscles every now and then if you suffer from back pain. It is a very simple form of stretching but you may forget to do it every day. This is why you should schedule your exercises and adhere to the schedule. Incorporate it into your daily routine. There may be other stretches that you can look into or consult your physical therapist to advice you on.
- Heat and Cold Therapies: It is one of the most common types of therapy that is used and is mostly used towards the initial period of pain. While some may find heat therapy more useful, others may resort to cold therapies. Sometimes, people use alternate therapy. This therapy is recommended to be performed once in every two hours.