Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Ghaziabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Naveen Chauhan
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Anal Fissure
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Naveen ChauhanYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Naveen Chauhan to be inspiring. Thanks for helping me
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Naveen Chauhan to be very helpful. Thank you
Sir, I have piles but I did operation two years back now again I have piles I am 22 age single if I get married its any effect my pregnancy after marriage? Please tell me sir I am really scared about this.
Anal fissure, better known as fissures refer to tear or cracks in the lining of the anal canal. This results in extreme pain during and after bowel movements. At times, people might find blood in their stool due to this particular problem. As already mentioned the most common symptoms are pain, stool with blood in them, itchiness in the anal area and an uncomfortable situation while urinating, known as Dysuria.
The ayurvedic treatment through Panchakarma, especially Basti, which is a part of Panchakarma therapy involving elimination of toxins present in the lower colon through the usage of an Ayurvedic enema like milk, ghee.
Before going into the details about the part of Panchakarma treatment, Basti, let’s discuss about Panchakarma ayurvedic therapy.
Panchakarma is a process used to clean up body’s toxic materials, left behind by disease and poor nutrition. Generally our bodies have innate abilities to efficiently process and remove waste materials but with repetitive dietary indiscretions, almost no or poor exercise patterns, lifestyle, the digestive enzymes, hormones and agnis which regulate the body’s internal homeostasis become disorganized. This leads to the accumulation and spreading of toxins throughout the body, resulting in diseases. Digestive problem and constipation due to lack of food intake, containing fibres, while continuous consumption of high protein items invite the problem of constipation, thereby giving rise to fissures.
Panchamarma is a Sanskrit term that means “five actions” or “five treatments”. Through these five types of treatments, according to the needs and requirements of individuals, it removes the excess doshas and help rectify the imbalances in them and also eliminate harmful substances out of the body through it’s different organs like colon, sweat glands, lungs, bladder, urinary tract, stomach, intestines etc.
Remedies in Panchakarma for Fissures
Ayurvedic remedies are all very efficient and help in avoiding the need for surgery treatment in many of sufferers of Anal Fissure. These natural remedies can cure lot of ano-rectal issues and ensure normal bowel movements up to 90%.
- These remedies are particular useful for those who are not willing for go for surgeries or other medical treatments.
- The five treatments of Panchakarma are Vamana, Virechana, Basti, Nasya and Rakta Mokshana. Out of these methods, implementing the method of Basti helps in providing relief from the painful problem of Fissures.
- Ayurvedic Basti involves the introduction of herbal substances like oil and decoction in a liquid form, into the rectum. Through the use of this therapy, the herbal substances help in cleaning up and curing the tear or crack in the lining of anal canal due to fissures, ensure that the rectal tunnel gets relaxed and thus reduce the painful sensation.
- The enema, which is a method used to stimulate evacuation of stool, by injecting a liquid of medicated ayurvedic oil and ghee, helps in reducing pain, cramps within the region and swelling of the anal ring. This particular method of Panchakarma also ensures that the dryness of internal skin is reduced, thereby providing fast relief from the problem of fissures.
Piles or haemorrhoids is a condition in which the rectal veins become varicosed, thus causing bleeding and swelling or protrusion of mass through anus. Hemorrhoids are clumps or cushions of tissue which get aggregated around the anal canal and are full of blood vessels, muscles and elastic fibres. Piles can be of various sizes and are found inside the anus or around the anal region. However, piles found inside the anal canal are way more common than the external ones and are known as Internal Piles/Hemorrhoids. In most cases, this condition can be treated by taking required medicines along with following a high-fibre diet. However, in some cases, the piles might be severe and need to be removed surgically.
The common symptoms of piles are blood discharge while eliminating faeces and abnormal enlargements around the anal region. Piles might also be characterised by excessive itching of the anal region and pain during defecating. In Ayurvedic terms, piles are called Arshas which translates to extremely painful conditions akin to the piercing of needles. This condition can be gotten rid of by availing of various Ayurvedic remedies.
Treatment of piles using Ayurveda usually includes dietary and lifestyle changes; making most of the remedies easily implementable.
Listed below are some Ayurvedic remedies:
Herbs used for ayurvedic treatment of piles include Haritaki and jimikand. Diet: Permanent moderation of diet is needed for the treatment of piles.
Some dietary changes include:
Starchy foods such as yellow pumpkin and potato should be avoided and replaced with fibrous foods. Inclusion of mango and sesame seeds adds bulk to the diet and helps in preventing constipation. Natural food softeners such as ‘jambul’, ‘amalaki’, dried figs and papaya are also recommended. Vegetables having larger amounts of roughage, such as turnip, onions, radish, ginger and bitter gourd should be added to the diet.
Some of the basic lifestyle changes include: Regular cleansing of the colon. Regular exercise is mandatory. A normal and healthy sex life should be followed. Aggravation of symptoms of piles is caused due to abnormal or excess sex. Avoiding sitting for long periods. Consume enough water in a day (about 2-3 liters).
In third and fourth grade piles when medicines don't work, surgery is advisable and kshar sutra treatment is an Ayurvedic surgical procedure that can remove piles masses permanently. Kshar sutra treatment must be taken by qualified and experienced Ayurveda Doctor. Surgical treatment of piles is not necessary in all cases; only 3rd or 4th degree piles which are larger in sizes and bleed often require surgery. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Right side of my anus increase in time of bowl movement but after that it is returns in normal position but a skin like felt out side the right side of the anus. Is it second degree piles?
Piles refer to the inflamed and swollen collections of tissue and vein in the anal area. The size of piles varies and they can either be external or internal. Internal piles are more common as compared to the external piles.
Panchakarma is an ayurvedic therapeutic treatment to clean one’s body and mind. It includes five treatments to remove toxins from your body. It is a very effective and natural way to treat the problem of piles. Before going further, let’s look at the causes which lead to piles.
One of the most common cause of Piles is the pressure one needs to put on a repeated basis while having a bowel movement. There are a couple of other causes as well which are discussed below:
- Increased Intra-Abdominal Pressure: a person is at high risk of getting piles, when he needs to put extra pressure on the abdomen, which in turn increase pressure on veins inside the anus, while he is the process of bowel movement.
- Improper Diet and Digestion: Problem of indigestion and constipation for a long period of time, increase the chance of getting affected by Piles. Hard stools generally tend to occur when you have food without any fiber content.
Symptoms Of Piles
There are a number of symptoms that can affect a person, who is suffering from the problem of Piles. Symptoms vary from person to person, depending on the severity of their problems. The symptoms of Piles are as follows:
- Bleeding From The Anus: When you have constipation, you have hard stools, which makes you put extra pressure on the anus for the bowel movement. This can lead to bleeding.
- Blood Stained Stools: If you are passing stools covered in blood, then it’s another indication of Piles.
- Pain During Bowel Movement: The ones who are affected by Piles, tend to feel a lot of pain during bowel movements.
This ayurdevic method of treatment helps in purifying and detoxifying toxin substances from one’s body. Panchkarma means “five therapies”. These five therapeutic treatment which help in eliminating toxins are Vamana, Virechana, Basti, Shirodhara and Nasya. Out these, the first three methods aid in treating the problem of Piles.
- Vamana: It is recommended for patients suffering from chronic indigestion, so it is an ideal treatment method for those having problem of piles. Patient is advised to drink decoction of liquorice or Acorus calamus root as per one’s need, to the fullest extent and thus vomiting tendency is induced. Minimum 4 to 6 bouts of vomit indicates complete purification.
- Virechana: Virechana helps to cure Digestive disorders and Constipation. So, it becomes a perfect treatment method for piles as it cleanses the gastrointestinal tract throroughly and gets rid off the Pitta toxins, accumulated in the liver, gall bladder and small intestine.
- Basti: The term ‘Basti’ stands for a pouch or bag. It is known as the mother of all Panchakarma treatments. This cleans up accumulated toxins from the 3 doshas, Vata, Pitta, Kapha through the colon. Ghee and herbal decoction is given to clean up colon and increase muscle tone. This helps in treatment the problem of Constipation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive disorders.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Anal fistulas or fistula-in-ano generally cause discomfort due pus or watery discharges and sometimes pain. This is a condition where a nodular swelling appears in area surrounding the anal opening. Intermittent pus discharged is noticed from this nodular swelling. Instead of a nodular swelling; there might be simply an opening in this region. An anal abscess is one of the most common causes for this condition.
Here are ten things you should know about these anal fistulas:
- It is curable through Ayurveda only: Till date many treatment options are tried to cure Anal Fistula which include Anal Fistula Surgery/ Glu technique/ cutting seton/ Colostomy/ Fistula plug/ VAAFT and many more. But all of these treatment methods have pretty high recurrence rate of about 20-25 %. However with Ksharsutra treatment for Anal Fistula; chances of recurrence are negligible. Other complications generally seen in surgery like bleeding, incontinence (inability to hold stool); are not seen with Ksharsutra Treatment. Clinical trials conducted by Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR); at AIIMS New Delhi and PGI Chandigarh in 1992 have proved that Ksharsutra treatment is more convenient and more effective than Surgery in the patients of Anal Fistula.
- There are symptoms you can look out for: Some of the symptoms that indicate anal fistulas include appearance of a nodular swelling in area surrounding Anal opening. Intermittent pus discharge is also observed from this swelling. Usually pain subsides and opening closes after the discharges; and patient feels relief. But after certain interval of time again pus accumulates; swelling re-appears with some amount of pain which is again relieved after the discharge. This cycle is repeated at varying interval in the patient of anal fistula.
- Medication can only provide temporary relief: Anti biotics and painkiller might give temporary relief from the symptoms. But after some time there will be again pus formation and associated swelling & pain in area surrounding anal opening.
- Anal fistulas can recur after surgical treatment: As discussed above all the treatment options tried by modern medicine (including most recent treatment VAAFT) have high incidence of recurrence (about 20-25%) Whereas there are negligible chances of recurrence after Ksharsutra Treatment for Anal Fistula. .
- Anal fistulas treated by Graded Ksharsutra do not recur: Ayurvedic treatment for anal fistulas is known as Kshar sutra therapy. This involves the use of medicated thread being ligated in Fistula Tract. The medicines present in this thread act as a strong debriding agent and induces healing of Fistula tract. In few weekly sittings of Ksharsutra change; Fistula gets healed completely and it do not recur. Pt. maintains his normal routine life during treatment period.
- Sitz bath can be beneficial: This involves sitting in a tub filled with warm water so that the affected site is submerged. An antiseptic and astringent agent like Triphala decoction may be added to the water if needed. A sitz bath soothes the skin and provides relief from pain. This also helps keep the area clean and thus reduces chances of infection.
- Oily and spicy foods should be avoided: When dealing with anal fistulas, you should try and take a diet that keeps your stool soft and regular. Hence use of oily and spicy foods should be reduced. Eat plenty of fiber and drink lots of water. Alcohol should also be avoided.
Ksharsutra vs Surgery in Anal Fistula Patients-
- Ksharsutra is done under Local Anesthesia. Hence complications of General Anesthesia are avoided. Surgical procedures are done under GA with all impending complications of General Anesthesia.
- Ksharsutra being a parasurgical procedure hence no bleeding/ cutting of tissue is involved. Surgery involves cutting/ bleeding.
- No hospitalization or bed rest is required in Ksharsutra Treatment. In Surgery hospitalization is must.
- In Ksharsutra; patient can continue his normal daily routine Surgery may require bed rest.
- Complications like incontinence (inability to hold stool) and recurrence are seen after surgery
- Ksharsutra is a safe procedure and these complications are not seen.
- Ksharsutra Treatment is more economical as compared to VAAFT surgery. VAAFT Surgery is comparatively too expensive.
Is it possible that I need operation in piles? Although it's only a week and the pain is much less as on first day, also, is it possible to get both type of piles side by side as I'm facing blood drops as well as a clot in my anus on one side? Isn't it possible to cure it by Yoga, Pilex or any other medicine? Someone suggested me to take Zify 200 mg for blood, is it alright? I think that my mental state could increase my problem as I kept on thinking about it whole day. I'm very afraid of operation, is "ksharkarma" less painful? Do I need it?
An abnormal junction or connection between two organs or tissues is referred to as a “fistula”. It targets two hollow organs, vessels, or tissue structures. It occurs mostly in the rectum, vagina, however can affect the intestines and the eyes too. It results in extreme pain, discomfort and should be treated as immediately as possible to prevent infection.
It can induce sensations of:
- Extreme irritation or itching
- Discharge with unusual odor (if the fistula is located near the anus/vagina)
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Excess pus
- High body temperature
- Blood discharge
In case or prolonged tension and pain in these areas, a proctoscopy should be conducted for diagnosis. It most commonly occurs in women who have sustained prolonged labor (over 2-3 days). However, other causes include:
- Digestive malfunction
- Abscesses(formation of pus in hollow organs)
- An unhealthy lifestyle which includes excessive indulgence in alcohol and tobacco
Ayurvedic treatment for fistulas are available which aim to sooth the inflammation by slowly remedying the wound through natural and safe measures. Since Ayurvedic practices are non-toxic, non invasive and completely safe, one can avoid the drastic measures that surgery consists of, and also avoid the side effects of medicines.
Ayurvedic remedies of fistulas include
Ayurvedic doctors have developed several oils, ointments and medications that are readily available in the market. The medications usually consist of a mixture of herbs, roots and plants that aim to restore the physical systems and also soothe the affected area.
- The importance of buttermilk added with rock salt and black pepper also allows the enzymes of our body to multiply and thereby cure the fistulas internally.
- Radish juice with a pinch of cumin is also recommended to be consumed after meals to improve digestion and empower the immune system.
- A healthy lifestyle and fitness routine consisting of yoga and exercises also contribute to improve conditions in the patient by facilitating blood circulation and metabolism.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!