Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Ghaziabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Meenakshi SethYour feedback matters!
Namasthe. Sir, am 25 year old, am married (3 year complted). We have no child because of we have planning. My question is. Which times of intercource for pregnancy? april 21st we were had sex without any contraceptive. What can we do? i'll become pregnant or what? please reply me sir.
When it comes to the brain and the IQ, is bigger the better? Does size really matter? Is there really a connection between the size of your brain and intelligence? With the help of findings by neurologists
and scientists, we seek to find out!
- Ailments and the Brain: Scientists have found that children with autism have a brain that has grown in a disproportionate manner in the very first year of their life. This prevents the child from making connections with normal behaviour. On the other hand, children and adolescents who suffer from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD have shown signs of having a much smaller brain size. Many scientists have shown that the size of the brain shrinks as we age, and this does not have any visible effect on our cognitive abilities.
- It's all Relative: The size of the brain does not really have a bearing on the way a person's cognition gets shaped. Even large mammals like elephants and whales are finally hunted and tamed by humans who have smaller brains in comparison. The brain is made up of billions of neurons which need to function properly. It may be seen that scientists consider the brain mass in relation with the rest of the body so as to speculate about the cognitive abilities of the person. Why is this required? Large animals need a well functioning and proportionate brain size to control and run their organs with proper cognition for satisfactory results, which is what we humans seem to have done.
- Neanderthal Brains: Historically, the earliest man or the Neanderthals are said to have had larger brains than we do. These people are believed to have brains that are at least 10% larger than the brains that we have in our modern times. The shape of their brain was different too. They were also heavily muscled people which had a bearing on the size and shape of the brain and bodies as well as the lean tissue within the brain. They also survived very successfully for a period of over 200,000 years, which obviously points to some form of elevated cognition, as per many scientists.
- Animals: While animals with small brains like lizards and reptiles do not perform too well on IQ tests, the animals with bigger brains like elephants and dolphins perform much better. But the medium sized brains of monkeys, lemurs and other animals are said to perform in the best manner. The correlation between the body size and the brain does not seem to hold good here, as per various researches.
So the verdict as per medical science and research stands divided!
Hi all, from last 4-5 days suffering with tremendous pain on my right side back, abdomen even pain is till knees. So went to doc n she suggested me to take scanning. It was ovarian cyst which is far from ovary. Actually a year ago also I suffered with same type of issue. Last time size is 6 cm n this time size is 5 cm. We are planning for kids. This ovarian cyst makes any major problem. Please guide.
I have my periods very regular within 26 or 28 days my last period data was 28/06/2016 butehen I check pregnancy strip at home on 31/07/2016 but it was negative .and I was also on high protein diet with zero carb .but what may be reason for no periods yet.
I had sex on last day (23rd nov) of my period which started on 20th nov. But now I am experiencing early signs of pregnancy can anyone explain this. I will take a test tomorrow morning and once again in case I miss my period this month (only if it is negative). I have a 36 day cycle. So I should be expecting my period around 23rd of this month.
You might have heard of the eucalyptus oil and the first thing that comes to your mind would be is the treatment of cold. Well, eucalyptus is not just an effective remedy for cold and it is much more than a passing herb that you can miss. Eucalyptus oil can be used as an analgesic, antibacterial, anticatarrhal and anti-inflammatory agent. Let us get on directly with the benefits of using the ever affluent oil.
Benefits of Eucalyptus oil:
- Dental problems: Eucalyptus is naturally minty and it can treat cavities, gingivitis, and in some cases even dental plaque. It has germicidal characteristics and they are very beneficial in fighting dental problems. Nowadays, even many modern toothpastes have a dash of eucalyptus oil as its ingredient. Such is the power of this product.
- Asthma: Asthma attacks can occur at any time. Under those circumstances, massage a few drops of eucalyptus oil on the chest or you can inhale the aroma directly to breathe better.
- Congestion: Nasal congestion and eucalyptus oil go hand in hand. Add a few drops of oil to the boiled water and inhale the steam to get rid of all your nasal congestions.
- Cooling temperature: Eucalyptus oil cools the body down! It is especially beneficial in the summer months when the instances of heat strokes rises. Apply it directly to your body to maintain your body temperature and to maintain it.
- Cough: You can say goodbye to coughing, sneezing, blocked nose, etc. with the usage of eucalyptus oil. They are also beneficial in curing a variety of ailments from wounds, fevers, and respiratory ailments. You can use them as an overnight ingredient to get a soothing sleep and the aroma can act as a mind relaxant too.
- Diabetes: Eucalyptus oil usage can increase the circulation in diabetic patients. You can also massage eucalyptus oil onto the body and take a bath later to increase the blood circulation.
- Dysentery: Eucalyptus oil is also known to fight against diarrhoea, inflammation, and other infections. Apply raw eucalyptus oil on your abdomen area and massage in a circular motion for the best results.
- Ear inflammation: You should never put essential oil directly into the ear cavity. However, you can easily massage the oil around the ear and outer ear for pain relief. In case if it gets in your ear cavities, seek medical help immediately.
- Kidney stones: Kidney stones can be painful and debilitating. Eucalyptus oil is known to reduce the pain when applied in the kidney areas and massaged.
- Muscle pain: Eucalyptus can act as a natural analgesic and also has anti-inflammatory properties. Massage a few drops of eucalyptus oil evenly over the affected area to ease the pain. You can even warm the eucalyptus oil and massage it to soothe the muscle pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
My mom is getting pains in the joints specially hand n back. Even if she does a little heavy work it's starts paining. Her age is abt 50 yrs. If she is under medications the pain goes away temporarily but as soon as the period for medications is over it start over again. Kindly suggest what need to be done.
Health benefits of tea:
1. Polyphenols content: polyphenols, especially catechins and epicatechins, have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits. These little powerhouses protect your body from the bad things you consume. Over time, they may even help reduce the risks associated with diabetes and cardiovascular disease. If you drink too much caffeinated tea, you may get a little jittery, but overall it suits a healthy lifestyle.
2. Weight loss: tea may be able to help you lose weight or keep that waistline in check. In a study of tea drinkers versus non-tea drinkers, the people consuming hot tea on a regular basis had smaller waistlines and a lower bmi (body mass index).
3. Increased muscle endurance: if you’re looking for better exercise endurance, green tea may help. Scientists discovered that antioxidants in green tea extract increase your body’s ability to burn fat as fuel. This allows you to build your stamina at the gym more quickly and reap the benefits of a healthier body.
4. Cancer protection: the powerful antioxidants found in tea can actually protect your body from cancer. Current research has shown that tea helps your body fight off certain cancers, including colon, breast, ovarian, prostate, and many others. Tea isn’t a cure for cancer, but it is a simple and effective superfood that can help lower your personal risk.
5. Fight free radicals: what’s a free radical? they’re the bad guys that invade your cells and alter them for the worse. The extensive damage they cause has been scientifically linked to heart disease, cancer, and even alzheimer’s disease. Despite your body’s design, it is not always able to fight off the free radicals – especially if you have a poor diet or lifestyle habits. Antioxidants found in tea help fight the bad guys.
6. Defend bones: the compounds found in green tea improve bone strength and density. This is great news as we age and our bones begin to weaken. Used in conjunction with mild weight or strength training and a healthy diet, green tea can help you fight the ravages of osteoporosis.
7. Regulate blood sugar: people with type 2 diabetes benefit from regular tea consumption. The compounds in green tea help the metabolic system process sugars more efficiently. In a surprising finding, studies showed that people who drank at least six cups of green tea per week were less likely to develop diabetes at all.
8. Boost brain power: many factors influence your brain health. Age, weight, activity levels, and smoking all factor into the way our brains age. Polyphenols in tea may slow the effects of aging in the brain’s memory and learning centers. This includes neurodegenerative diseases such as alzheimer’s, parkinson’s, and dementia.
9. Hydration: your body is comprised mostly of water. You have to have it for your body to function properly and experts estimate that 75 percent of americans are chronically dehydrated. Not everyone enjoys drinking gallons of water every day, and coffee (despite its other benefits) has dehydrating effects. Tea, despite the caffeine, is a hydrating beverage. Next time you’re falling asleep at 3 pm, try iced green tea for a refreshing pick-me-up instead of coffee.
10. Healthy teeth and gums: countries known for their tea consumption likely drink it plain or only lightly sweetened. Tea contains naturally occurring fluoride and tannins. These help prevent plaque from forming on the teeth. Unsweetened tea, along with a daily regimen of brushing and flossing, helps keep those pearly whites healthy.type diabetes
Testosterone is a powerful hormone, with the ability to control sex drive, regulate sperm production, promote muscle mass, increase energy, and even influence human behavior (such as aggression and competitiveness). It’s no wonder that a decrease in testosterone would cause quite a stir. However, it is a natural part of aging.
In the womb
Testosterone plays an important role in shaping the developing fetus during pregnancy. It drives the development of the male reproductive system. Testosterone also masculinizes the brain. Testosterone levels have to fall within a very narrow margin in order for the fetal brain to be healthy. High levels of fetal testosterone may be linked to autism. Low levels of fetal testosterone may boost your chances of getting alzheimer’s disease later in life.
Adolescence to early adulthood
Testosterone levels are at their highest during adolescence and early adulthood. The first physical signs of testosterone, or androgens, in the body are apparent during puberty. A boy’s voice changes, his shoulders broaden, and his facial structure becomes more masculine. But as men get older, their testosterone levels decline about 1 percent per year after age 30.
Testosterone and aging
Low testosterone levels can cause changes in sexual function, including:
Reduced sexual desire, or low libido
Fewer spontaneous erections
Impotence (erectile dysfunction)
Other signs of decreased testosterone levels include:
Changes in sleep patterns
Emotional changes, such as low self-confidence or lack of motivation
Physical changes, like increased body fat, reduced muscle bulk and strength, and decreased bone density
The normal range of testosterone levels in healthy adult males is between 280 to 1, 100 nanograms per deciliter (ng/dl).
While the symptoms described here are considered a normal part of aging, they could also be signs of several underlying factors. These include:
A reaction to certain medications
Thyroid gland disorders
Excessive alcohol use
The best time of day to have a blood sample taken for a testosterone test is around 8 a.m.
I am 30 female and 27 week pregnant. My LFT Report is AST/SGOT =81 and ALP/SGPT =108 So please guide me proper about it. And give me best suggestion.
I am two months pregnant. I was given sodium chloride iv 0.9 injection for I have been experiencing severe vomiting for the past 3 days. Will it affect my growing fetus.
Hello doctor what should I do to increase my breast milk and my child crossed one month still her weight is same as born weight please suggest what to do.
I had a missed miscarriage in December now when should we try for next .and what should I do to avoid missed abortion.
She is having Irregular menstrual. Her periods will come after 6 or 7 month later. What she can do.?
What is post pregnancy sex and how to maintain the diet when pregnancy and what are the best recommended foods in pregnancy?
Hi, I am 25years old female. I got married before 1 and half years. We didn't do any restriction to get pregnancy. We are doing sex continuously but still now I am not pregnant. I got period on Nov26. For the last time we have unprotected sex from Dec 5 to Dec 12. My cycle vary from 24 to 30 days. But I am having slight Nausea, dizzy.
Hormonal changes loneliness and personal loss are among the factors that make women more vulnerable to depression than men.
Depression in mother could affect her relationship with the baby and leave a negative impact on the child's mental health