Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Ghaziabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Manoj KumarYour feedback matters!
I hv been suffering from 40 % hearing loss in left ear since may 2014. Is it viral infection or any other causes. It happened when I was travelling in my ac car during hot day
I am suffering from hearing loss since last 12 years and loss is increasing every year. Doctors are saying that it's a neural hearing loss and have recommended to talat neuro medicines, please confirm whether ayurveda has treatment? If yes, please suggest.
I am 24 years old n I have hearing problem sshl so doctor suggests me too have hearing aid. Instead of hearing aid is any other way too cure hearing loss prevention by medicine please help me.
In early morning when I hear loud noise it is irritating and my head starts paining and after sometime I feel vomit? What is this? Please help me someone!
Hearing is one of the five senses that you or anyone else relies on for communication and a whole host of other things. Among the five senses, touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight, it is often hearing, which is the most easily affected. You don't have to be a senior citizen to experience hearing loss as it is quite common among younger people as well. This problem is also getting widespread with each passing day.
Before coping with hearing loss, the first job is to detect it:
If you have a hunch that you or any of your loved ones is suffering from hearing loss, it is important that you get it diagnosed. Some of the common symptoms of hearing loss will be:
- Hearing difficulties while talking to someone over the phone
- Straining to hear conversations with family members or friends in household situations
- People usually need to repeat what they talk to you with a louder voice
- You often hear complaints that you keep the TV too loud.
- In crowded situations, such as family gatherings or a restaurant, you have problems listening to people.
Although this condition tends to affect senior citizens, an increasing trend shows younger people i.e. people mostly in their 40 and 50s and even younger than that suffer from this condition.
How to deal with hearing loss?
Some of the options to deal with hearing loss are mentioned below.
- Once diagnosed with hearing problems, change your ways of communication: If you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with hearing problems, it is important that both adjust your ways to deal with the problem. Rather than getting angry at the other for not being able to communicate effectively, develop and strategize ways to make communication less problematic and erratic.
- Cochlear implants: This is a newer technology, which has gained popularity in the past decade or so. These are directly implanted into the inner ear and are designed to bypass the damaged areas of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. These have become very popular, although, are not a replacement of natural hearing. It is only prescribed for people who have severe hearing loss or are deaf.
- Hearing aids: Although selecting a hearing aid is difficult as the patient needs to be comfortable, once selected it is one of the best solutions for the hearing impaired. The functionality of these devices can be extended with the hearing assistive technology or HAT devices that can focus the audio waves depending on the situations and give a more tailored approach for every individual's needs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Ent specialist.
My father needs hearing aid because he was diagnosed with 50% loss on both the ears by doctor. Anybody recommend best hearing aid companies to buy for? I want an affordable and best option. Thanks.
Doc, you said ear had 3 parts, how will I know if my ears is affected by 1, 2 or 3? I'using hearing aid now but the sound is not good and I cannot identify the voice, I been with my audiologist many times to fine tune my hearing aids but still the same. What should I do?
Some people are born with a hearing loss, is there any treatment for them? Does hearing aids are available for them?
I am 60 years person. I am having diabetes for the last 16 years. Is loss of hearing in one left ear could be. Contributed to diabetes. There is tinnitus (like steam engine releasing gas) what's to be done. Two months back I fell down whilst walking in the night, since then there is loss of hearing. Pls help.
Which type of hearing aid we get from govt schemes it free or costly it can IIC hearing aid by govt schemes.
My hearing and eyesight have become weak. And I am stiffness in neck and back. Could this be due to weak nervous system. Which tests need to be done.
Hi doc, when I skip playing notes on guitar I get angry soon by the anger I'm unable to play guitar from professional I become beginner. And the distortion sound does it damage our ear drum?
Here are 6 signs to watch out for that could indicate 'You need to get your Ears tested':
1. Your TV is blaring: Do you often find people around you shouting above the TV sound complaining that it's too loud? When you find it hard to hear the TV at the average volume and find yourself turning up the sound, this could signify a hearing loss. Doctors are seeing a growing number of patients visiting them after prolonged exposure to loud music and sounds.
2. You find it hard to hear phone conversations: Do you find yourself asking the person on the other end of the phone line to 'repeat' themselves, or find yourself pressing the phone instrument right into your ear? If you are trying so hard to hear, you might find yourself missing out on bits of the conversation as focussing to clearly hear the conversation is exhausting work. Getting a hearing test might be a good option if this sounds like you.
3. You have trouble hearing in noisy environments: When you are out dining with friends or family at a busy restaurant or accompanying a friend shopping in a busy street, all that background noise makes it difficult to hear what the people are saying. People with hearing loss often have problems masking out background noise.
4. Family members telling 'you're going deaf': Trust the views of the people closest to you, they never lie about your health. Family members often are the first to sense signs of hearing loss as they find themselves repeating things to you or calling out louder to get your 'attention'.
5. Leaning closer: You find yourself leaning closer to people to follow the conversation or staring at their lips trying to lip-read what's being said.
6. Avoiding social interactions: You find yourself staying away from social occasions, family gatherings or avoid being the first to start conversations. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.
I am a losing hair quickly I have tried all types of mahendi and shampoo and condisner a please help dr.. I save my hear please but I am a young boy.
Hi I'm 18 year old but my weight is 45 kg. I'm very thin and weak. Can you suggest me how I'm develop my body growth as a normal person. Hope you have understand my problem and give it solution. Thanks to listen me.
I can't hear loud sounds in theater and I'm afraid on it and when in the movie if the loud sounds Are heard my heart beat was increasing and somewhat pain in lungs after the urine passage it will be normal it will be normal.
I have hearing problem. The doctors advised me to fit hearing aid of worth one lacs which is beyond my reach. I hear sound of a speakers but not voice. What I can do in these situation. Is there any cocliar implant is useful to me?
Your hearing is one of the most important function your body carries out and sometimes you realize that you are losing your sense of hearing, when it is too late to get it back. There are two main reasons for this. One of the reason is age and the other is when the inner ear's hair cells break down and do not pick up sound well.
Here are 7 ways to safeguard your hearing:
- Try to avoid loud places: It is not advisable to go to places where you have to shout to be heard, such as in a street, a concert or a construction site.
- Buy low noise rating equipment: The equipments in your house will make sound that you hear the most. Try to avoid these equipments by buying appliances with a low noise rating.
- Wear hearing protection at loud places: However, it is true that it is not always possible to avoid loud noises. This is when you need to get hearing protection. Earplugs and earmuffs are two of the best ways to make sure that even when you are in a loud place, your hearing does not get affected. Earplugs and earmuffs generally reduce sound by 15 to 30 decibels, which may be crucial to make sure that later in your life, you do not lose your hearing.
- Avoid smoke: Smoking raises your chance of hearing loss. Second hand smoke does the same thing. Therefore, try to avoid, both smoking and secondhand smoking.
- Remove earwax properly: Earwax cannot be removed properly using a cotton swab. Instead, you should use an irrigation kit. Remember this as otherwise; the earwax could muffle your hearing.
- Avoid medications which reduce hearing: Certain medications increase hearing loss. Therefore, double check with your doctor to make sure your medicines will not make you lose your hearing.
- Get your hearing tested: Finally, get your hearing tested as identifying the problem early on can help stop worsen the situation.