Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Ghaziabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Manoj KumarYour feedback matters!
The partial or total inability to hear is known as hearing impairment or hearing loss. It can be present at birth, or develop later in life.
There are a number of factors, which may cause hearing loss
1. Age - Age is the biggest factor when it comes to the loss of hearing, and you may lose the ability to hear as you age. This condition is known as presbycusis. It becomes difficult to understand high-frequency sounds like that of a child or a woman when you get old.
2. Noise - When you are exposed to loud noises for a prolonged period of time, it damages your ears. This leads to loss of hearing. 5% of the total population of the world is affected by noise (the degree of suffering varies). It may be a result of continuous exposure to loud music or a sudden exposure to a loud noise like an explosion.
3. Hereditary disorders - Hearing disorder may be inherited by the dominant or recessive genes of parents in the child. 70-80% of these cases inherit from the recessive genes, whereas 20-25% inherit hearing loss from the dominant genes.
4. Trauma - Serious injuries of the head/ears may cause loss of hearing, which may be either temporary or permanent. When damage is caused to the brain, the brain fails to process the message conveyed by the ears. So even if the ears are totally functional, a person may face the problem in hearing.
5. Perinatal problems - The ototoxic effects on the fetus due to excess intake of alcohol during pregnancy lead to hearing the loss in about 64% of the infants born to alcoholic mothers.
Also, premature birth can be associated with hearing loss due to high risk of being exposed to noise in neonatal units.
Knowing about the causes of hearing loss can lead you a step closer to preventing this disorder as you age.
Here are some useful tips that can help prevent hearing loss:
1. Be more aware - You should be diligent and aware of the situations, which may risk your hearing ability and should try to avoid such situations as much as possible. Limit your exposure to sources of hazardous noises like firearms, firecrackers, concerts and clubs.
2. Take precautionary measures - If your occupation calls for working at an environment of loud noises, use earplugs or earmuffs to block out the excessive noise. Also, make sure that you work in a place where employers take all the necessary measures of noise control under the federal or state regulations.
3. Monitor your use of gadgets - Monitor and control the use of hearing devices, and try to reduce the use of headphones/ earphones as much as possible.
Related Tip: Why Do You Get an EAR Discharge?
I m a 35 yr old man weight 65 kg height 5.5 ft. When I was 16 a friend hit me on my right ear and I got a deep tone and about 50% hearing loss and damage eardrum. After that and till now some time my ear flows and got some different noise. I've x-ray report and doctor suggesting me for operation. Let me know how good it will be after operation.?
I am 35 years old male and have very slow hearing by left ear. I have all test done. What should I do. One Dr. Suggest to take hearing aid and 2nd is say please repair your ear bone. I have tpa card by paramount. What should I do?
I am suffering from tinnitus, the cause of tinnitus is high level of noise. I am engineer, so at my company there is hammering on metal plate and once I was standing near to it. From that day my ear can not listen properly, and also 24 hours continuous noise hearing even I am in silence. Please help me to cure tinnitus.
Hi I am 25 year female. Got a slap in an argument from elder brother. It started ringing and I could feel air gushing. Went to an ent specialist. He said I have 30-40% the size of perforated eardrum in my left ear. No pain as such but I avoid coughing, sneezing or even speaking loudly. No history of ear discharge or infection or even now. But he has still given me Mix Biotin to be given thrice a day for a week. 1. Is it safe to use? 2. How long will it take to heal? Or will it require surgery?(i am scared of being cut behind my ears for the eardrum) 3. Will I have a weak eardrum forever? Because I catch cold frequently and sneeze badly. 4. How to make it heal faster? Precautions.
I have a hearing loss and already using hearing aid, the sound is good but not so clear, its like always high pitch and I feel that there is something blocking my eardrum, and every time I sway my head from left to right I hear a sound specially when i'm eating. Is there any medicine or anti biotic for me?
I am 25year male. I have hearing problem in my year in back 6 month. I checkup by doctor then advice me take hearing machine. But I want to solved my problem by medicine or surgery, please you best advice me.
Hello, I am 21 years old male I hear that jaggery and Amla powder mix make sperm quality and quantity good, what are home remedy to make semen thick, my problem is semen leakage every movement is every thin semen please tell me home remedies please please please.
My hearing and eyesight have become weak. And I am stiffness in neck and back. Could this be due to weak nervous system. Which tests need to be done.
I have been facing snoring troubles. It's too loud at times I myself can hear it. I've been a lil overweight but don't have any other medical issues. Good can I get rid of this snoring. Is it a weight issue or something tho do with ent? Waiting eagerly for some help.
Drink a plenty of water & juices to keep yourself totally healthy.