Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Ghaziabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manju
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. ManjuYour feedback matters!
Yester night my friend and her boy friend had sex. Not complete sex, he just touched her pussy with his pennis. Is there any chance ofpregnancy?
Though the act of intercourse is portrayed as an act of pleasure, achieving an orgasm is an indication of a satisfying sexual act. Inability to achieve an orgasm is far more common in females than in males and this can be due to various reasons.
Read on to know some more about the causes and ways to manage this:
A mix of psychological, social, and physical conditions can lead to orgasmic disorders in female. Some of the common causes are listed below:
- History of sexual abuse
- Poor self-esteem
- Relationship issues, lack of trust, conflicts, etc.
- Cultural or social beliefs
- Advancing age
- Chronic medical conditions like diabetes
- Medications like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), which are frequently used in depression (depression is common in women)
- Gynecologic issues like hysterectomy
It is a vicious cycle that is contributed by more than one of these factors, which leads to strengthening of the disorder in the future. Types of orgasmic disorders: There are four types of orgasmic disorders, which are as follows:
- Primary anorgasmia: Women with such disorders have never been able to achieve an orgasm.
- Secondary anorgasmia: Over a period of time, women who previously have had orgasms are unable to achieve an orgasm.
- Situational anorgasmia: Women suffering from it would be able to achieve an orgasm only during certain situations like oral sex or masturbation, but may not climax during regular sexual intercourse.
- General: These women could be highly stimulated and aroused, but would still be unable to achieve climax.
Management and diagnosis
The first step in management is diagnosis. A detailed discussion with the doctor about sexual history followed by physical examination can help identify the problem. Being open about discussing this private topic is very important in diagnosis and treatment.
Treatment would depend on the underlying cause, and include the following:
- Diagnose and treat/manage underlying medical conditions like diabetes.
- Switch to an alternate antidepressant if SSRIs are being used.
- Involve in sex therapy where cognitive behavioral therapy is a big component. Becoming aware of what can be is very important.
- Sexual counseling with the partner to resolve any conflicts, improves trust levels and the overall health of the relationship. This is often a major cause for this disorder.
- Involving the partner to help in achieving an orgasm by clitoral stimulation, etc.
- Hormone therapy in the form of a pill, patch or gel may be used to increase sensitization in the genital area. These help by improving blood flow to the genitals and increasing sexual desire.
It is important to understand that female anorgasmia is very common and though it can be frustrating, it can be managed effectively. But do not forget to admit the problem and seek help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
My wife ultrasounds reports says that amniotic fluid is 7 mm. She is in the last stage of her 3rd trimester. Her due date is 18 aug. Is there any medicine or diet can help her for normal delivery. Her age is 24 and this is her first issue.
Dear doctor My age is 23 years married l am suffering breast pain from 10 days .So what's the reason for it and solutions.
My legs are paining. I got my periods today. Is this pain associated with my periods. I can not stand for a longer time due to the pain. I had been diagnosed with typhoid but its been 20 days now.
Being positive is the best thing you can do for yourself!
Do you see life as a blessing, an opportunity or a burden? The answer to this question plays a significant role in shaping your existence as it decides your outlook towards life. Being positive or optimistic is highly beneficial for your psychological and physical well-being. Positive thinking is an idea that not only drives you towards success, but also makes way for happiness in your life.
Cultivating positivity is undoubtedly the best thing you can do for yourself as it makes your life worth living, besides delivering a bunch of health benefits.
Here are 6 of them.
1. Gives you a longer life span
A positive outlook not only keeps you happy, but also increases your life expectancy by manifold in comparison to people with pessimistic thoughts. A recent Dutch study analysed the thought patterns of people for 9 years to come to this conclusion. According to this study, which was published in JAMA Psychiatry, people with a generally pessimistic approach have decreased life expectancy by 55%.
2. Increases good cholesterol level
A research was conducted in 2013 by Harvard School of Public Health to find the link between optimism and cholesterol levels. The study was carried out among middle-aged people and it revealed that that optimistic thought patterns indicated increased levels of “good” cholesterol.
3. Boosts your immune system
Researchers are of the opinion that people who cultivate positive thoughts show a stronger immune response in comparison to people who associate themselves with negative emotions.
4. Increases your confidence
Having positive thoughts can be very advantageous for you as it teaches you to feel good about yourself. This encourages you to try new things and accept challenges more heartily, which in turn boosts your confidence level drastically. Increased self confidence drives you towards success and enhances your performance in all phases of life.
5. Helps you cope with stress better
Studies show that when optimists face a situation, which is not in their favour, they focus more on solving the problem instead of getting disappointed or frustrated. Positive thoughts make you enthusiastic and teach you to deal with any stressful situation with a smile, thereby helping you to work your way out of a crisis. It has also been observed that positive thinking among adolescents acts as a source of protection against depression and behavioural problems commonly faced during teenage.
6. Reduces risk of cardiovascular diseases
A recent study conducted by the American Heart Association, and published in its journal Circulation, showed that people who depicted a positive attitude towards life had decreased their chances of getting heart diseases by 73% in comparison to their pessimistic counterparts. According to researchers, this happens because optimism leads people towards a healthier lifestyle, comprising of a balanced diet and a proper exercise regime. Moreover, optimistic people also have the improved ability to deal with stress, which further points towards a healthy existence.