Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ghaziabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Madhu GuptaYour feedback matters!
I didn't really have a penetration. We rubbed our bodies. I did ejaculate on her rear and it dripped a lil low almost to the vagina but had it wiped off but my girlfriend has symptoms like feeling sleepy during days, headaches. I'm worried if she is pregnant. Help.Please tell sir.
I am 20 of age and I have this question in my mind. When I press my boobs they secrete white liquid which I assume to be milk. I know the fact that they are meant for this but does this happen at such young ages. Is it normal to go under this.
I wasn't bleed when I had my first sex and some quantity of sperm was inserted in vagina. Because I was not bleed thought its not risk because seal has not opened. Still seal is not open and I have not bleed. Is there any risk of pregnancy?
I have a friend who has a girlfriend and she is pregnant from 1 month. Please tell how to abort that child. (any medicine or vaccine, etc.)
I hv pcod. .and I am 2 months pregnant. .dr gave me gestofit sr 300. Is it safe in pregnancy. .and Dr. asked mw complete bed rest. .previously I hv taken duvadilan. .i am very confused.
1) Is there any possible if I take laproscop treatment for my tubes closed 2) without laproscop is there any medicine to take. 3) After taking laproscop how my days I have to take rest. 4) After taking laparoscope is there any use to my 2nd pregnancy.
A yeast infection in the vagina is characterized by itchiness, irritation in the vulva and vaginal discharge. Inflammation occurs in the tissues of the vagina, leading to constant itching. Though this is not a sexually transmitted infection, the fungus may spread via oral sex where the mouth and genitals come in contact.
The symptoms of vaginal yeast infection are:
1. You may experience a painful sensation during sexual intercourse
2. An itching sensation in the vaginal opening
3. A sore and painful vagina
4. Rashes may develop in the vagina
5. You may have a thick and whitish discharge from your vagina
Apart from this, the symptoms may turn severe under certain circumstances. The risk factors are:
1. If you are a diabetic, then you are at a high risk of contracting this infection
3. If you are taking medications or have infections such as HIV then it may cause your immune system to malfunction. This increases your risk of vaginal yeast infections.
4. Multiple episodes of yeast infections (about 4 or more).
Causes behind it
The vaginal yeast infection is caused by a fungus known as candida. This fungus naturally exists in the vagina along with a bacterium called ‘lactobacillus’. This bacteria produces a substance that controls the over growth of the yeast. Yeast infection occurs when the balance is disturbed due to various factors such as:
1. If you are pregnant
2. Taking antibiotics may modify the pH balance of your vagina, leading to yeast infection
3. Any therapy or medication that increases estrogen levels in the body
4. If you have diabetes or an impaired immune system
Medications such as ointments, tablets and creams are administered to get rid of the yeast infection. It is recommended to not use latex condoms as birth control measures; as the oily nature of the lotions and ointment can weaken the latex thus, increasing the risks of unplanned pregnancies.
There are certain preventive measures which you may adopt to prevent these infections, them being:
1. Do not wear tight fitting undergarments
2. The material of your clothes should preferably be cotton based
3. Do not use hot water for your bath
4. Don’t stay in your wet clothes for long hours
I have issue with my periods. Since Dec 2016 I did not get my periods. Please provide me guidance ,is it a serious issue ,what further steps I need to take.
Hi. I'm 20. I last had my mc on 5th July and after that I got my periods on today (26th sep) it's almost 2 months, 20 days late. I had used some homeo medicines prescribed by my doctor but I don't had my periods so I had taken the primolut n on 21st sep and I finally got my periods today. So is there any problem? I always had irregular periods almost 15 days r one week late from the actual late but this time it was 2 months late. I'm scared that if I have any pcod problem? Or other problems? Should I consult a doctor regarding this problem. Actually my health was not good from 1 and hlf year so my homeo doctor suggested me this is bcoz of my weakness in the body but I'm little scared.
Hello. Can we do both side sex I mean at vagina and ass I had listen that there is some disadvantage of doing sex in ass do you people think so.
Doctor I have pcos. My doctor suggested to eat chappati and walking now my period are irregular by 10 days. Because of this eating profile I am getting bled in my motion now. What I have to do?
नींबू का इस्तेमाल लगभग हर घर में किया जाता है और यह आसानी से मिल भी जाते है। वैसे तो नींबू किसी में मौसम में मिल जाता है लेकिन गर्मियों में इसका इस्तेमाल ज्यादा किया जाता है। कुछ लोग नींबू पानी पीकर अपनी गर्मी को दूर भगाने की कोशिश करते है तो कुछ नींबू के रस से घर की सफाई आदि करते है। वहीं नींबू के कुछ ब्यूटी फायदे भी होते है। दरअसल, नींबू में ऐसे न्यूट्रिएंट्स होते हैं जो चेहरे की रंगत निखारने का काम करते है। चलिए आज हम सिर्फ आधे नींबू से होने वाले कुछ ब्यूटी फायदों के बारे में बताते है, जिनके बारे में शायद ही आप जानते होगे।
1.बेसन में नींबू का रस मिलाकर लगाने से दाग-धब्बे दूर होगे। साथ ही चेहरे की चमक बढ़ेगी।
2. दही में नींबू का रस मिलाकर लगाने से रूखे बाल भी शाइन करने लगते है।
3. नींबू के छिलके को दांतों पर रगड़ने से उनका पीलापन दूर होता है।
4. आलू के रस में नींबू का रस मिलकार कोहनी और गर्दन पर लगाएं इससे उनके रंग में निखार आएगा।
5. ऑयली स्किन के कारण चेहरे पर पिंपल और ब्लैकहेड्स की समस्या देखने को मिलती है। ऐसे में नींबू में पाया जाने वाला साइट्रिक एसिड स्किन पर मौजूद जमे तेल के अणुओं दूर करता है। नींबू को पानी में मिलकार कॉटन की मदद से चेहरे पर लगाएं।
I have polycystic ovaries and I'll be getting married in June. Is there anything I should be worried about in terms of pregnancy and getting pregnant.
I am advised to take Enoxaparin Injection daily as my protein s level is just on border 57 for range of 57 to 95. What should I do. Is there no any alternative. Please guide me. I am 6 week 4 day pregnancy.
I get irritation in vagina after having sex. I get burning sensation. I want to know the reason and how to avoid it.
Importance of fasting in navaratri.
- India is a country with a rich historical and cultural background of festivals and celebration. Like other festivals of india, navaratri also has a significance and meaning attached to it.
- The nine day sadhana of navaratri is not simply an age-old practice of worshipping the cosmic nature but also the rituals, practices and celebrations associated with it has the disciplines of health wisely interwoven into it.
- Every year the beginning of spring and the beginning of autumn are two very important junctions of climatic and solar influence as the whole of creation goes through a kind of transformation with each changing season.
- These are called ritu sandhis meaning seasonal junctions (transition from extreme seasons of summer and winter to more moderate seasons like spring and autumn). Due to the changes in the nature, the bodies and minds of people undergo a considerable change. These two periods or junctions are taken as opportunities for detoxification of body, mind and soul which in turn helps to maintain our physical and mental balance.
- The beginning of autumn is celebrated as the festival of navaratri, the nine day period which commences on the first day of the bright fortnight of the lunar month of ashwina.
- " nava-ratri" literally means" nine nights"
- The navaratri festival is observed by cleansing one's self of all the impurities to experience the divinity within. This observance is called upavaas, which literally means ‘residing close to oneself’.
- Fasting is one of the techniques which is part of upavaas.
- Navaratri is the time when people fast for cleansing, detoxifying and getting their bodies rested. Fasts are a means of internal cleansing, physically and spiritually. The basic cause of many diseases is the accumulation of toxic materials in the digestive system. When one fasts, the load on the digestive system reduces and meanwhile the body is able to carry out the cleansing needed in the system. It supports in adapting to the bodily changes during ritu sandhi.
- Fasting also helps to build up self-control and discipline and bring more awareness control over senses which ultimately elevate the state of consciousness.
- The world is a manifestation of three gunas (qualities) namely satva, rajas and tamas. These three qualities exist in varying levels within one's mind.
- -satva is the quality comprising of clarity, purity and peace of mind which makes one dynamic, creative and harmonious.
- -rajas is activity or movement which in excess results in pleasure seeking activities, anger, arrogance and destructiveness.
- -tamas is inertia which in excess leads one to dullness lethargy.
- We contain all of these gunas in varying degrees and they are in constant interplay with each other. Excessive rajas and tamas has a disturbing influence upon the mind and does not allow one to go deep within oneself.
- So during navaratri, the aim is to reduce these disturbing influences and increase satva, allowing the satvik qualities to prevail leading to the highest condition of the mind.
- On the first three days of navaratri, tamo guna prevails, then during the next three days, rajo guna prevails and during the last three days, satva guna prevails.
- Diet lifestyle has a deep influence on the state of one's mind and can therefore manipulate the levels of satva, rajas and tamas in one’s being.
- Fasting in a disciplined way brings harmony between satva, rajas and tamas.
How to fast during navaratri:
- On the first three days, we can follow a fruit fast:
- Sweet fruits like: apple, banana, chikku, papaya, watermelon, sweet grapes and juices like amla juice, lauki juice and tender coconut water can be had.
- On the next three days, we can have a one time meal of the traditional navaratri diet, during the rest of the day, we could have fruit juices, buttermilk milk.
- During the last three days, we could follow a traditional navaratri diet.
- Caution: the above diet is for a healthy person. If you have any health concerns, you could fast with minor changes in the prescribed diet, with the guidance of your vaidya.
- Traditional navaratri diet:
- The diets followed during navaratri are pitta pacifying as during this season there is a possibility of pitta being increased in the body.
- Grains are avoided for the first few days.
Traditionally prescribed foods are:
- Kuttu (buckwheat) roti and fasting rice (shamak rice).
- Dosa from the shamak rice,
- Dishes made of sago (sabudana), singhara atta (water chestnut flour), rajgira, potatoes, yam (suran), colocacia (arbi) sweet potatoes (shakarkand), kachalu etc.
- Use ghee, milk and buttermilk. All these are cooling and pacifies pitta (raita of bottle gourd (lauki), raita of pumpkin (kaddu).
- Drink lot of fluids like tender coconut water, juices, vegetable soups, etc. Besides providing energy, they also maintain the fluid levels and cleanse the toxins in your body.
- Fruit chat made with papaya, pear (nashpati), apple.
- Use sandhav namak (rock salt) instead of common salt, for cooking.
- Avoid fried foods (replace fried potato with boiled potato).
- Use healthy cooking methods like roasting, boiling, steaming and grilling.
- Delicacies like sabudan vada, sprouted gram sundals, kuttu pakoda, singhara burfee and kheer can be had from the 8th day onwards.
- Be strictly vegetarian.
- Avoid onion and garlic.
Those who cannot go for a fast can do upavaas by abstaining from non-vegetarian food, alcohol, onion, garlic, too spicy food, and replacing common salt with rock salt.