Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ghaziabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Madhu GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old female I have a pcod problem from past 2 years I have used medicines also, when I used those medicines then periods are regular to me when I stop it then periods are not regular.
Hi, In a some days I've chest pain in left side, I don't know what is the reason for the pain. I think I've breast cancer?
If you check the recent scientific studies, then you will come to know that PPI drugs are treated as the popular medicines to treat heartburn troubles, but as the side-effect, you will face acute cognitive troubles. Your mental condition might get affected in various ways causing memory or concentration loss, decrease in brain ability and others. Though, these drugs are very safe but only effectively treating heartburn troubles, especially gastroesophageal-reflux disease.
How Dementia is related with PPI drugs?
PPI drugs are normally recommended by doctors for treating heartburn issues, but if you are taking these drugs on a continuous basis, then you might face the unwanted signs or symptoms of dementia. This is a hardcore fact and it has been observed by many reputed researchers of the present age. There are some commonest symptoms that can be observed due to dementia and some of the prominent ones are as follows:
- Beta-amyloid production: Beta-amyloid is a kind of protein and the growth of this specific protein increases to a great extent with the consistent intake of PPI drugs. This protein might lead to the increase in varied dementia signs, out of which the most severe kind of situation is Alzheimer's disease. This disease might get converted into dreadful condition at times and this is the reason a regular or consistent intake of PPI drugs should be essentially avoided. If you are facing this condition, then you should report about the same to your doctor immediately. This protein is very toxic or harmful for the brain as your mental ability is being adversely affected.
- Decrease of vitamin B-12: If vitamin b-132 decreases day by day, then acute mental disturbances will get invited. If you want to avoid this kind of condition, then nothing can be a better option other than avoiding PPI drugs. This is the only reason that doctors never recommend taking these drugs in an excessive limit. In fact, sometimes, these drugs are prescribed along with other potential medicines that can help in maintaining mental health in good condition. If you have got any family history of mental trouble, then you should reveal the same to your doctor so that strong PPI medicines are not prescribed for gastric troubles. In fact, there are few limitations among PPI drugs that are never to be prescribed by doctors and all the doctors should follow the same in a sincere manner.
I have delivered a baby girl on 31st of March 2017, after delivery my first breast milk came after 3 days of delivery, the breast milk supply was adequate for first 15 days, then as my baby girl demands more milk then I started giving outside milk (Similac and Nan pro 1) as well as my milk after that the quantity of my milk production got decreased and my baby girl got dependent mostly on outside milk last week my baby girl got sick and doctor advised me to feed my breast milk, my breast milk is not producing enough to feed my baby, please advice me so that my breast milk production get increase in future and I can feed her without outside milk, right now I am taking Promolact capsules but this capsules are not working well, Please help me out, its very urgent.
I am female, student 22 years old, with slight pcod, height 5.4ft, wt 60 kg from Mumbai, with heavy breast, left breast much bigger than right one, how to reduce size, mammogram shows fat.
I delivered a baby girl on 1st Dec 2016 that time only my periods came just for 5-6 days. After that till now I have not got it. And from 1-2 weeks i'm feeling drowsy and having slight stomach ache. Why so.
After 6 hours of sex my partner gets her period starts as I have used condom but still I want to know are there chances of getting pregnant if somehow sperm gets leak out.
I have sex with cnndom, no break condom during sex, so how many percentage getting pregnency? please reply
I took mifegest kit but some tissues were left so I had d & c so what are the precautions to be taken now what can I eat and what rest should be taken.
Panic disorder is a condition that strikes without reason or caution and can be serious. Indications of panic disorder usually include sudden attacks of panic and anxiety, in addition to physical side effects, such as sweating and a pounding heart. During a fit of panic, the reaction is based on the circumstances, which may not be threatening in general, but triggers a feeling of panic. After some time, a person with a panic disorder builds up a consistent fear of having another fit of anxiety, which can influence the every day functioning and lifestyle in general. Panic disorder usually occurs alongside other conditions like depression, liquor abuse, or drug abuse.
You might experience the ill effects of a panic disorder if you:
- Encounter frequent, unforeseen fits of anxiety that are not attached to a particular circumstance or event
- Stress over having another fit of anxiety
- Are trying to avoid the places of your precious panic attacks
The most common symptoms of a panic disorder are as follows:
- Trouble relaxing and feeling uneasy most of the time
- Beating heart or abdominal pain with a feeling of nervousness
- Serious irrational and emotional fear
- Feeling as if you are out of breath
- Feeling as if you are being choked or smothered
- Dizzy spells
- Trembling or shaking
- Sweating constantly
- Feeling nauseous or having a stomach ache
- Shivering or numbness in the fingers and toes
- Sudden chills or hot flashes
- A fear that you are losing control or are about to die
While a single panic attack may just last a couple of minutes, the impact of the experience can leave a long lasting impression and make you susceptible to more such attacks. In case you have this issue, the repetitive fits of panic take an emotional toll. The memory of the fear that you felt during these attacks can affect your self-confidence and cause interruption to your regular day-to-day existence. In the end, this prompts to the following panic disorder effects:
- Expectant uneasiness: Instead of feeling like yourself in the middle of panic attacks, you feel tensed and on edge. This uneasiness originates from a dread of having future attacks of anxiety. This fear is seen more often than not, and can be extremely disabling at times.
- Phobic avoidance: You start to stay away from specific circumstances or situations. This might happen since you are maintaining a strategic distance because of your previous panic attack. On the other hand, you may stay away from areas where escape would be troublesome or help would be inaccessible in case you had a fit of panic.
- Medicines: Medicines can be used to control or decrease a majority of the side effects of panic disorder. Even if medicines do not form a part of the main treatment, when combined with other treatments, medicines are very effective. Eg. therapy and lifestyle changes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Hello Dr. Good morning .i have period problem. I am a newly married girl. I had intercourse with my hubby for the first tym on 29 th oct n then on 31 oct without any protection. I am not sure what happened during those two days .i have taken unwanted 72 on 4th noverm in noon .then on 5 we have done it with full protection. My before last period date was 13 and last months date was 8 now today is 13 of november .and still I do not get in periods I have checked trice from preganews. First on 5 then on 6th and then on 11th. All.tge results were negative .I m very worried. although I have taken papita n hot things as well to produce heat. Today I have done exercise also. Is prega is the right brand to test from. I am very worried please help me out.
Hello, I am taking i-pill in 2-3 months regularly for 5 time. I just wanted to know about the side effects. I have a little bit of PCO disease also. Please help me.
Hi, I have a doubt regarding expiry of medicines. All of us know expired medicines should not be used. But unknowingly I have done such mistake as I fed it to my child. Doctor advised her vitamin d3 since birth and I used to do that. Recently I used a file without checking it's expiry. Today I came to know about. Could you please suggest that if medicines expires then also how long can it be used by somebody? It seems stupid but I need an opinion.
Hello doc, I got married before 10 months since 6 months me and my wife are trying to get pregnant but not successful yet. Wht could be a possibly cause? Is thr any problem? We consult to our local doctor she checked the vaginal colle of my wife she said tht colle is swollen inside and it is a sign of pregnancy but at the end of month my period comes. So please suggest what's going on?
Just I sucked a sex worker breasts, but I had rashes on my lower lip, after sex I touched the used condom, did I get hiv by doing oral Sex.
Fast Food Facts
What is fast food and why is it so popular?
Fast food, junk food, processed food, ready-meals - Whatever label you give it, it all comes down to the same thing - food that's been through the factory and had much of its goodness removed. Fast food is quick, convenient and usually inexpensive and hence children, teenagers and busy youngsters are easy target. However, it is little known that fast food is inexpensive because it is usually made with cheaper ingredients such as high saturated fat meat, refined grains with added sugar and fats, etc
Is fast food bad?
There is no such thing as a 'bad' food. All foods can fit into a healthy meal plan. It's true that fast food is usually high in fat, calories, cholesterol and sodium, but eating fast food every once in a while is not going to cause problems. If we eat too much fast food over a long period of time, though, it can lead to health problems like high blood pressure, heart disease and obesity.
If you are having fast food more than once a week, try to make healthier choices. Here are some tips:
- Choose foods that are boiled over fried, such as a grilled chicken sandwich instead of fried chicken or chicken nuggets
- Choose soups that are not cream based. If the name of the soup includes the word cream, such as 'Creamy Tomato Soup', avoid ordering it
- Have low-fat salad dressings instead of the full-fat kind
- Have a salad or soup instead of fries
- Use yoghurt, mustard or ketchup instead of mayonnaise
- Order smaller portions - the smaller the portion size, the lesser the calories
- When ordering a burger or sandwich, select leaner meats like grilled chicken instead of fried items such as burgers or steak and avoid adding cheese
- Choose water, low-fat milk, or diet sodas instead of regular sodas, fruit drinks, milkshakes or whole milk
- When ordering pizza, add veggies instead of meat, and get thin crust instead of deep dish
- If fruits and veggies are available, try to add them into your meal. For example, have lettuce and tomato on sandwiches or burgers
- Vegetable items are usually lower in fat than the meat dishes but can still be high in total calories
- Most appetizers are deep fried and some can hold more oil resulting in excessive calories. Switch to soups instead
- Stir-fry dishes are the best choice for lower calories
Essential Fast Food facts
- Laden with additives and unhealthy ingredients
A quick look at any food label will show you a long list of ingredients. We need to improve our ability to read and interpret food labels, which will help us make informed choices. More often than not, these foods are loaded with fats, sugar, salt and artificial additives. Many of these food additives, can have serious effects on long-term health. The fact that many children have diets high in processed foods underlies in the massive increase in childhood obesity
- Essential nutrients are missing
It's not just what's in fast food, which is alarming. What fast foods leave out, has just as bad an impact on health. Fast foods usually do not contain the following:
- Fiber, which is essential to keep the gut working properly. Processing methods remove most of the fiber originally present in the food. Long term low fiber intake can lead to serious health problems
- Vitamins and minerals in fast foods are lost due to processing and refining, which is often carried out at high temperatures. Some processed foods have added vitamins and minerals - often because those that were there to start with have been lost in processing. Others have very little or even non-existent nutritional value
- Bad for health
The dire effects of diets which rely too much on fast and processed foods are listed below:
- Lethal diseases - cancer, heart diseases, diabetes - are linked with poor diet and overweight
- Obesity in children and adults has reached a record high and continues to increase
- Lack of certain essential nutrients (like iron) can cause behavioural problems in children and can affect their ability to learn
- Long term fast/processed food (ab)use can lead to numerous other problems in children - caries prone teeth, dry skin, bad breath, constipation, digestive problems, headaches, poor concentration, depression, tiredness, anaemia - the list goes on and on
- Lacking flavour and texture
Junk foods are bland because processing wipes out subtle differences in flavour, appetizing fragrances and aromas. You have a well-flavoured meal in front of you, little knowing that this is due to added artificial flavours, colors and aromas. Yet the flavours never taste like food freshly prepared, from fresh and simple ingredients
- Not as fresh as they seem
Some processed foods pretend to be fresh - salads, which are doused in chlorinated water before packing. It's kept looking good, maybe for days and days on end, by added preservatives
What can you do?
Healthy eating and fast food can't exist side by side. As you switch to a healthy diet, one by one the fast foods must go:
- Learn to understand food labels. If you're looking for healthy food, labels hold the key. Read them and start seeking for healthier alternatives
- If you can't always avoid eating junk food, learn to choose the more healthy fast foods
- As you gradually eradicate unhealthy foods from your diet, replace them with simple, fresh foods and encourage your friends to do the same
- Help your family to start shopping differently, buying fresh foods more frequently, relying less on foods which have a long shelf life because they're full of artificial preservatives and buying for just few meals, at a time. Over a few months, you'll find that it's not that time-consuming and you and your family is actually enjoying planning and eating healthier meals
- In time, processed foods that used to seem appetizing will lose their appeal, as your palate becomes attuned to fresher, purer flavours
-Be realistic. Sometimes with friends you'll still have a burger or a ready-meal. Relax. Healthy eating is all about balance. As long as most of the time you're eating good, nutritious food, that's fine
Once you know the fast food facts, you'll never the feel the same about the foods in junk food joints again. Start gradually changing the way you eat and you'll enjoy food more and feel better, as well as give yourself, your family and friends massive health benefits which are long-term. You're not alone in this. Half the world is trying to do the same. But remember you can make it happen, only if you try. Your time starts NOW