Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ghaziabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Madhu GuptaYour feedback matters!
My friend did intercourse on 2 march near about 12 noon but sperm did not ejaculated inside. Still she have doubt n worried too much. Then on 5th march she took I pill near about 7. Pm. Then she checked pregnancy test via preganews kit on 6th march morning [first urine]. It ws negative. But now she has too much pain on lower waist. Actually her date should hv to cm on 5-6march but it don't cm yet. Nd no bleeding was there after pill. Now she is very tensed. Help her out. Tell me if any solution or advice.
Hi I am 27 yrs of age. I have bilateral varicocele. Having pain sometimes. What are the possible treatments and do this affect testosterone count. Will this make me infertile. Please let me know as I am too tensed about this.
I have thyroid and pcod also getting periods only by tablets not naturally but whenever I had that withdrawal tab and birth control pills will get periods when stop then periods also stop pls suggest me some solution done all hormone test all r normal!
On the auspicious occasion of makar sankranti I wish all the users a very happy sankranti. With the occasion one food product is associated and that is til (or sesame seeds). Here are some benefits of sesame seeds
1) It acts as antioxidant and has anti inflammatory response.
2) It is rich in magnesium hence good in respiratory ailments
3) It is rich in calcium and hence good for bone health
4) It cut down the bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol
5) It lowers the bp hence good for patients of hypertension.
6) It support healthy digestive system.
7) It is rich in protein and hence must item for all vegetarians.
Hope you all have wonderful healthy year ahead.
Stay healthy stay updated
Dr. Rama Bhardwaj
What are the symptoms of pregnancy. I miss my period. No stool from 3 days. Urine passing increase ,Bloating of belly, feeling hungry ,but I didn't vomiting, urine pregnancy test shows negative, I didn't felt to eat Raw mangoes, I didn't felt any changes in my breasts nd nipples. My dad have Hemorrhoids. Am I pregnant doctor. Kindly help me please thank you.
Hello sir/maam, I need to know that what will happen if my gf took ipill for 5 times in an interval of 1.5 months each. Will it affect her future pregnancy? Will it produce abnormalities in child? Please its urgent.
Is there is chance of fake mensuration after 7-8 days after taking unwanted 72 is there is anything to worry about or chance of pregnancy.
Age 39 years nine months marriage, not able to conceive. From last six months visited several gynae, my all reports are normal. There is little pcod detected. doctor suggested metformin and ovagrace sachets to take daily for three months. Kindly guide me will this medication will help me to conceive? I am very tensed since all my hormones as per doctor are normal. Thyroid is 3.
Doctor me and my wife had sex on 29th april 2016 after 1 week of sex she had her periods of 4 days on 6th may and again she got periods on 24th may and then on 24th june she got her periods but in july still not got periods she is having fever from many days headache cough cold backpain and she was vomiting 4 days ago twice in the evening, I just wanted to know she is pregnant or can she turn pregnant after getting her periods we did not had sex after 29th april. Please help us we are so afraid we do not want baby we are not prepared for baby.
I am a 17 year girl and I did sex yesterday and I take unwanted 72 after 3 hrs from sex time and I am also doing sex today with condom and I take pain killer and after taking pain killer I do bomatind today then koi problem ho skta hai kya please tell me soon?
Hi, my cousin is 7 week pregnant and she get gets very angry oftenly. She is not able to control it. She get very stressed out. And last time she felt little pain in her lower stomach. When she was getting mad.
PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome is an endocrine disorder in women, in which the female hormones, progesterone and estrogen, are imbalanced. This imbalance leads to the formation of cysts (benign masses) in the ovaries. PCOS tends to affect your heart functions, fertility, menstrual cycle and appearance.
There are certain symptoms, which can be indicative of PCOS; these symptoms tend to begin as a woman's menstrual cycle starts. In certain cases, however, PCOS may also affect a woman in her mid age. PCOS can also cause excessive hair growth in unwanted places like above the upper lip,chin,arms and chest like a male.
The symptoms are:
- Increase in the production of male hormone, leads to development of male characteristics
- The size of the breasts may reduce
- The tone and the texture of the voice may change and become similar to a man's voice
- Hair may start to fall
- You may suffer from acne and pimple breakouts on your face
- It can lead to sudden weight gain
- It may affect a woman's fertility
- It may lead to pain in the pelvis
Other symptoms: Apart from these symptoms, a woman may also experience other health complications such as high levels of bad cholesterol, high blood pressure and diabetes.
Causes: The causes of PCOS are not well known, however, the likely causes are genetics and hormonal complications. If someone in the family has PCOS, then the risk of being affected by PCOS rises significantly. The other likely cause is the overproduction of the male hormone androgen in the female body. Although androgen is a male hormone, the female body also produces it in trace amounts. However, in some cases, when it is overproduced, it might impair the ovulation process.
Diagnosis and Treatment: Once the condition is diagnosed, there are certain treatments, which are recommended for the patient. The condition in itself does not have a cure, but the symptoms can only be controlled. Medications to control the androgen levels in the female body may be administered if you have androgen hormone complication. A balanced diet and an exercise regimen can be chalked out to control body weight and regulate blood sugar levels. If PCOS leads to ovulation problems, then medications to facilitate ovulation may be advised. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am married and I DONT have any interest in sexual relationship generally,my husband does sex but I DONT have any interest when he does.I have a 1 year old kid . He adjust himself and doesn't disturbs me. Is this some problem or usually all women's has this?He does even oral sex to satisfy me but I DONT fell very much excited.Please do help
On the 8 th day my right follicle size s 10*0.9, 0.9*0.9, 0.9*0.9, 0.9*0.7. Is. Ther possible fr pregnancy ET is 7mm.
Hai. Am 5 weeks pregnant. Previously had a abortion with bleeding regularly and no baby growth at all. This is normal consumption. Now my Doctor prescribed me to take susten 100 my and materna 5000iu injection. What is the purpose of this injection?
Me & my gf had sex before a week of her periods. It wasn't completely inside of her & I didn't ejaculate. It just that her outer wall got contact with my penis that was wet & was little inside of her. But still she took a ipill after 15 hrs. She is missing her periods now after 1 week of we had sex. Please tell is there any chances of getting pregnant & when will her periods be normal & when she will have her period for current month. Thank you. Also tell the date by then she will surely get her periods of the last date was 2nd November 2016.
What is a Urinalysis?
A urinalysis is a laboratory test of urine commonly referred to by medical professionals as a “UA.” The urine is evaluated for the presence of certain chemicals. A microscopic exam of the urine is also done to look for abnormalities.
A urinalysis is indicated for evaluating pets with urinary abnormalities such as increased urine production, increased urinary frequency, straining to urinate, bloody urine or abnormal color to the urine. This test can also be helpful in cases of unexplained fever, loss of appetite or weight loss. A urinalysis is often done when indicated by the results of an X-ray, results of blood tests indicating a problem with the urinary system or as a follow up to physical examination when abnormalities are detected.
Any evaluation for health or illness should include a urinalysis. Urinalysis results can give an idea of hydration and kidney function; it can also indicate inflammation or infections in the urinary tract.
There is no real contraindication to performing this test. Even normal results help determine health or exclude certain diseases.
Why Is It Done?
Perhaps you might have noticed that even when you go for your routine health checkup, the physician would suggest you to undergo a urine examination. Similarly, when you approach the doctor for a certain specific ailment, then also the physician may suggest you to undergo a urine test. This test is necessary because urine provides considerable data to the physician to ascertain the cause of your ailment. Urine examination is very important as it indicates the state of your general health. A urinalysis is done for several reasons:
- To check your overall health: Your doctor may recommend a urinalysis as part of a routine medical exam, pregnancy checkup, pre-surgery preparation, or on hospital admission to screen for a variety of disorders, such as diabetes, kidney disease and liver disease.
- To diagnose a medical condition: Your doctor may suggest a urinalysis if you're experiencing abdominal pain, back pain, frequent or painful urination, blood in your urine, or other urinary problems. A urinalysis may help diagnose the cause of these symptoms.
- To monitor a medical condition: If you've been diagnosed with a medical condition, such as kidney disease or a urinary tract disease, your doctor may recommend a urinalysis on a regular basis to monitor your condition and treatment.
Other uses of urine examination:
Urine examination or analysis is also called as “urinalysis”. The urine examination reveals early signs of various diseases including ailments like diabetes and kidney diseases. Further, if you are suffering from any infection, the urine analysis will be helpful in determining the type of infection. It also helps in determining pregnancy.
Process of filtration:
As you know, it is the kidneys, which throw out urine. Further, urine contains waste materials removed from the blood by a process of filtration performed by the kidney. In fact, even the health of the kidney can be assessed by a urine examination.
Some of the other salient features of urine analysis are briefly described here:
- In the case of patients suffering from chronic kidney ailment, periodical urine examination will help the physician ascertain the health of the kidney. For example, presence of protein beyond a certain level would be a pointer to evaluate the health of your kidney. Interestingly, in some cases, a few people may release excess protein only occasionally. Therefore, during the course of urine examination, they might not have released excess protein. It is for this reason that the doctor may suggest repeated urine analysis to evaluate the health of the kidney.
- The process of urine analysis is normally grouped into three, namely visual colour examination of the urine, dip stick examination and microscopic examination. The type of examination normally depends on the ailment suspected. Further, depending on the results of urine analysis, the physician may suggest you to undergo various other urine tests.
- Sometimes the accuracy of the results of urine analysis can be affected because of certain medicines that you may be taking or dehydration and for various other reasons. In such cases, the physician may suggest you to repeat the urine examination after a few days.
In some cases, the pathologist may provide certain instructions before collecting your urine for a thorough examination. For example, you may be asked to go empty stomach or a few hours after the meals and so on. Follow these instructions scrupulously; after all, instructions are for the sake of your health and its benefits. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a nephrologist.
It's anything but difficult to make a hasty judgment when you understand your period is late. In case you're attempting to conceive, you may have this feeling of incredulity. And if you're not, you may feel frustrated or disarrayed in the event that you know it is highly unlikely you could be pregnant. The truth of the matter is, however, the vast majority naturally consider pregnancy at whatever time a period is late, it may be the case that — or one of the numerous different conceivable outcomes. Here's a summary of the common causes behind a missed period:
- PREGNANCY: Sometimes when you miss your period, the cause maybe exactly what you think- you could be pregnant! The initial symptoms of pregnancy such as bloating of the stomach, cramping of stomach, and tenderness in breasts can resemble the feeling that you get before your periods; may create confusion whether you are actually pregnant or if your periods are a little delayed. If your periods are delayed for over 10 days, then it is better to take a home pregnancy test.
- STRESS: Stress can have several effects on your body such as headaches, acne, weight gain and other issues. Stress can also make you miss your periods. When you are stressed, your body synthesizes stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline. These elevated levels force your brain to differentiate between essential and nonessential functions of the body. The blood supply to the muscles of the body can increase while systems such as the digestive system or the reproductive system can be subdued. This results in delayed period.
- PCOS: Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a condition that causes the body to produce more of the male hormone, androgen. Cysts form on the ovaries as a result of this hormone imbalance. This can make ovulation irregular or stop it altogether. Other hormones, such as insulin, can also get out of balance, due to insulin resistance, which is associated with PCOS. Treatment of PCOS focuses on relieving symptoms. Your doctor may prescribe birth control or other medication to help regulate your cycle.
- EXCESSIVE EXERCISE: Working out and maintaining fitness is a great thing to do; although when you overdo it, it restricts your body from producing enough oestrogen, the hormone that helps in completing your menstrual cycle. Thus professionals such as ballet dancers, athletes and gymnasts face a higher chance of suffering through amenorrhea (missing periods) for 3-4 months. Also if you work out too much without consuming enough calories, it can cause disruptions.
- ILLNESS: When your body is battling a disease such as common cold or even fever, your brain starts concentrating on the functions that are important for the body. This can contribute to missing your period.
- WEIGHT: If you lose excessive amount of weight without maintaining a good diet, you can deprive your body from producing oestrogen that helps build up the uterine lining. The same thing happens with eating disorders such as bulimia or anorexia. On the contrary, if you are obese, it can result in over-production of oestrogen that can stop your ovulation in totality. This may lead to heavy, irregular periods. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Increasing amounts of research are demonstrating the importance of an active lifestyle. Unfortunately, common myths would have us believe that as we age, our bodies become less able to fulfill the active lifestyle that we would want. While there are many examples of unique individuals who are yoga teachers, weight lifters, marathon runners and athletes well into their older age, they are often presented to us in the media as unusual examples that are all but attainable.
Nothing could be further from the truth, however. We are all designed to have the ability to live an active lifestyle for most if not all of our lives. This may not mean being extreme athletes for most of us, but being active doesn?t have to mean spending all of your free time at the gym or dieting. Some people do suffer from chronic health conditions as they are, and this should of course be taken into consideration when choosing an exercise routine that is adapted to those conditions.
Choosing the Right Active Lifestyle
Living an active lifestyle doesn?t have to mean signing up for the gym or a triathlon if you have arthritis, nor does it have to mean being a weightlifter if you?ve got chronic pain. It is important to choose an activity lifestyle that fits with any conditions that come up as you age. Low impact sports like swimming, aquafitness, yoga and pilates can be excellent choices for an aging body that requires a gentle entry into a new active regime.
If you?ve never been a runner, it may not be wise to start signing up for a marathon, but you can start building with some walks around the block and eventually, start jogging part of the way and then maybe running. Cycling can be an excellent way to improve your health and activity levels without worrying about impact on the joints. You can ride a bike outside, or use the elliptical as a great, safe exercise tool.
Reducing Screen Time
Most individuals in today?s society spend the majority of their time in front of a screen. Not only is this detrimental to our social connections, but it promotes a sedentary lifestyle. If you have a physical job, then it may be that in your off time you spend a large amount of time watching television, movies, or even playing video games.
There are now options in the marketplace to make screen time overlap easily with activity time, such as stationary machines that can be purchased for home, as well as video games like the Wii Fit by Nintendo that allows people to work activities in the comfort of their home. This can be especially great for winter time, but it?s not necessary to spend a lot of money getting active. There are many free resources Online that you can follow exercise instructors routines or design your own home workout to do with very little equipment and space. For example, sometimes all you need is a yoga mat and you can do squats, plants and push-ups in your living room!
Run Toward an Active Lifestyle
There are so many short term benefits to exercise, like increasing heart rate and production of endorphins, which improves mental and emotional health; moving the fluids through the body which improves circulation, as well as general muscle strength and flexibility. In addition to this, long term benefits to maintaining an active lifestyle also include reducing the risk of cancer, heart disease, Alzheimer?s, adult onset of diabetes, arthritis and osteoporosis. With so many reasons to stay active in life, how can one continue to avoid working out?
It?s important to start building activity into the lifestyle when we are young, so that as the body begins to age we are not playing catch-up with all our health conditions.
Dr surbhi agrawal
consultant physician, diabetologist and wellness expert