Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ghaziabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Curd and buttermilk are both milk based products, have the same composition, and more or less the same nutrients, yet there remains a persistent question as to which out of the two is better?
Does adding water to the contents of the curd, to turn it into buttermilk, really affect the properties of curd?
The answer is yes.
Read on to find out, how.
The basic difference between curd and buttermilk is the process of dilution by the addition of water. The more water you put in curd, the less concentrated the buttermilk becomes. According to Ayurveda, the churning (Manthana) of the curd into buttermilk, gives it additional properties. Churning induces the proteins in the buttermilk to be easily digested due to their degraded structure.
Here are a few pointers that could help you choose which out of the two suits your needs more:
- Calorie content - If you are looking to reduce your weight and prefer a controlled diet, you should opt for buttermilk. 100 grams of buttermilk contains 40 calories, whereas 100 grams of curd contains close to 98 calories. So, for undernourished children or people looking forward to gain weight, curd should be opted because it is nutrient dense.
- Nutrient content - Buttermilk is rich in calcium, vitamin B12, zinc, iboflavin and proteins. It helps in keeping your bones healthy, lowering the level of bad cholesterol, preventing cancer, battling stress and anemia due to the presence of these nutrients. On the other hand, curd contains calcium, phosphorus, vitamins B12, B5, B2, potassium, proteins, and molybdenum. These nutrients prove to be beneficial in preventing chances of hypertension and heart diseases, promoting teeth and bone health and reducing stress and anxiety.
- Fluid content - Buttermilk has significant fluid content, so it can be consumed in extremely hot weather conditions to curb dehydration and as a replacement to other fluids. On the contrary, curd has limited fluid content, which makes it suitable for consumption by people who have been instructed to adhere to a fluid restricted diet, but require an intake of good quality proteins.
- Probiotics content - Both curd and buttermilk are rich in probiotics or good bacteria, which help in strengthening your immune system and increase longevity.
Remember make either of the two a part of your regular diet!
I am 38 weeks pregnant. Lmp was 14th april 2016 I am facing back pain from 6 to 7 days in interval of 15 mins some times in the interval of 5 mins. Is this sign of early labour pr something else? And acc to sono my placenta is garde 3 mature.
Dear I am 32 year old got married 20 months ago, my wife is 28 years old. We have been doing intercourse on regular basis however we identified I am not entering her vagina. I am not able to identify the same while intercourse. How do we solve this as my wife has lot of fear as to how will my penis enter her vagina. How can we successfully complete our intercourse and overcome her fear and ensure I enter her vagina every time we intercourse. Please tell.
My wife is suffering from vaginal infection. How do it effect. We only had sex for 3 times. Any reason for infection.
We newly married couple We want twins, please tell me to whom we have to consult. Identical.please give me best suggestion.
Hello my periods date was 12 sep but its late by till now. Is it cause any problem. I am married and take regular precautions. Pls advice me. Thanks.
My wife and me were planning for a baby and having unprotected sex for last 3 months but she did not conceived as her period starts every month at regular interval normally, we both are healthy and ejaculate normally. Please consult.
She is using tablets everyday to get regular menstrual cycle. How can the problem be solved without using tablets daily?
Hi. I am 25 years old lady but still I look like a teenage girl. I am mentally going depressed frustrated day by day. I could not concentrate on ny work of mine. The whole day I just waste my time by only listening music. I frequently feel like of crying. I feel like m in complete darkness all alone and nobody is there for me. although I remain seated or share few of family talks with my mum dad nd my sis but still instead of this I feel myself all alone in ds world. I often think of suicide but never attempted it bcz of fear of family nd yes I will not do dat coz its wrong. Nd pne more thing I had also a 4 year post kidney transplantation operation. Thankyou.
Hi I am tanishka 18 year's old girl I have am issue of pain during periods it very irritating for me give me some advise to get relief from me.
I am 25 years old married girl, 5'7 height & 50 KG weight. I have done sex 15-20 times with my husband but every time during sex I feel lots of pain in vagina. Because of this pain I can't enjoy sex. Please help me.
I am 26 year old female. And I am having yellowish discharge through vagina. Because I may be 1 month pregnant doctor didn't prescribed me antibiotics. She said their is small fibroid which is also producing profuse yellow discharge and suggested vaginal tablets. By the time I did my pregnancy test by preganews which was positive. Because of yellowish discharge (which is not painful and doesnt smell bad) I normally cleaned with wash. But bleeding happened. And now very small amount and small size blood clots are coming. Is it because of vaginal fibroid or miscarriage? Please help.
My friend had unprotected sex 2 days before and then she took a ipill the same day. Today as she had loose motion and stomach pain so I got her 3 medicines from a chemist. From this there is some blood in her urine and blood has come for 3 times in her urine. So is it a side effect of ipill or something else.
Hello doctor , I took misoprostol on 20th night ,2 orally and 2 vaginally ,i puked after 15 mins and there was heavy cramps and shivering and dizziness bt it did not bleed ,bleeding started on today that is 22nd and its very normal bleeding , is it an incomplete abortion or is there any problems . I am just 4 weeks 3 days pregnant and its my first pregnancy and its intra uterine.
Now a days d&c is must to get pregnant? My periods are regular 28 to 32. My age is 26. Weight 59 kg. My husband sperm count also good. Trying for baby 18 months now I took 6 clomid siphene with progynova 5 months, ccq 1 with meprate. My doctor suggest d&c, laparoscopy is next step. But my reports are good. Why d and c?
Is there any bleeding (period) after total abdominal hysterectomy @ age 30. And also want to know how to cure ovarian cyst. Without operate.
Pursuing a hobby can help you to ward off diseases while keeping your mind and body fresh and active. What's more, hobbies come with several health benefits too, ranging from lowering of blood pressure and control over cortisol production ( a hormone that causes stress) to improvements in your weight and BMI.
4 amazing health benefits that you can derive from pursuing your favourite hobbies are:
1. Strengthening of your immune system - Hobbies that augment your activity levels like basketball, golf or bike riding are extremely beneficial for improving your immune system, thereby enhancing the overall quality of your life. A strong immune system is essential as it makes you less prone to chronic diseases like diabetes, arthritis and heart disease.
2. Improving your memory - Another health benefit of having hobbies is that they bring about an improvement in your memory and aid in enhancing your problem-solving abilities. A research conducted by the University of Texas on the impact that hobby has on the brain reveals the fact that the picking up of a new hobby can prevent memory loss. Here's how - the challenge to learn a new skill causes you to focus all of your mental abilities on the task at hand, leading to a sharpening of your memory, while preventing memory loss. By helping you to maintain an active brain, the act of picking up a new hobby, therefore, brings about a delay of cognitive aging by a few years.
3. Cutting down on stress - By indulging in a hobby like cooking, baking or gardening, you get an effective outlet to release all your stress. Being a non-work activity, your mind gets another area of focus, one which you can enjoy. Furthermore, when you put your whole mind to it, your stress and worries seem to wither away.
Moreover, such hobbies that require you to physically exert yourself, albeit in a limited manner, also bring down your stress levels as they produce chemical changes in your body.
4. Improving sleep - Having a hobby also has a positive impact on sleep. The pursuit of active hobbies in the earlier part of the day can lead you to have a very restful sleep. Likewise, engaging in the intellectual activity of reading before going to bed can help you to sleep better.
Apart from giving you tremendous enjoyment, a hobby can also bring many health benefits. So, pursue your hobbies actively despite the busy lifestyle you follow.