Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Ghaziabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Sir, My son is suffering from mouth ulcer two times in a week only in tongue so please send the medicine Thanking you sir.
I used to brush my teeth twice a day, in morning and second just before go to bed, but I have bad smell also. I am thinking that may my toothbrush is wrong or may be the time is less for brushing. How much time I must be give for brushing and what type of brush I can use?
Sir. Mai pahle gutkha khata tha isliye mere teeth kuch gande ho gaye hai ise pahle jaise white bnana hai to iske liye kya karna hoga bataye . Thanku.
I brush twice a day but I have bad breath problem? It's really annoying for me is there any treatment for it?
I have mouth ulcer problem. What do I have to do to permanently stop getting infected from mouth ulcer? Please suggest me.
Hello, I am 34 y old male and I have a dry mouth for last 4 months. When I drink water after 30 minut I need to water. What should I do?
I am 22 years old I have something problem in my left jaw there is a creation of sound while eating and also gets locked while waking up in morning. This problem has taken place when I was 12 years old.
Having pain in tooth. It get worse in night. It increases when some material gets into the gap. But in general it very low in day time. But in night it goes severe.
My kid is of 3 years last week enjoyed his BD party, now his new pair of teeth coming out as his gums got swollen n pain n bit feverish how can I rely on home remedies. Since a day on n off pain having less food.
Hello, I am 34 y old male and I have a dry mouth for last 4 months. When I drink water after 30 minut I need to water. What should I do ?
Hi, I am a 23 years old, And I have one query. My teeth (3) damaged. I was getting pain in occasionally. So I am thinking to remove those teeth. So one of my is telling after removing teeth it will effect on my eye. Can you give me better solution on this.
I am taking very lite veg food like rice, roti and less spicy. Weekly one time i take nonveg with less qty and the whole day i wont be feel hungry even spicy veg items too. My another problem and i feel abnormal odour in my mouth after 2 hrs tooth brushed. I think there will be a link between digestion and bad odour in mouth. Please let me advice for my normal digestion and bad mouth odour. Thanks
My friend use tobacco mixed with lime, using it as a patch inside his mouth between his teeth and gum. I want to explain him the danger from a doctors perspective. Please give me some points. Thanks.
One thing that can put away talking to someone very interesting is bad breath. And it is not an uncommon problem. While most just try to use mouth wash and chewing gums to keep it away, it is important to note that bad breath can be a sign of underlying causes, both in the mouth and the body as a whole.
Identifying the reason can help in early diagnosis and prompt treatment of the actual disease condition.
There could be oral and general causes for bad breath or halitosis as it is medically called. Food habits and other lifestyle habits including smoking can also lead to bad breath.
- Presence of food debris in a moist environment (saliva) is ideal for the oral bacteria to act on the food particles and break them down. This causes a bad breath, when it leads to plaque formation and it then calcifies into a hardened substance called calculus. Plaque and calculus are the main ingredients for tooth decay and periodontal disease.
- Severe tooth decay leads to bad breath as does periodontal infections. In severe cases, there could even be abscess formation in the root area of the tooth with pus formation
- Unclean dentures are another source of halitosis. There could be food lodged in between teeth or the undersurface of the denture, leading to bad breath.
- Dry mouth or xerostomia - Certain diseases and drugs can lead to dry mouth with reduced amounts of saliva. Saliva has a natural flushing effect on the bacteria, and in its absence, the bacteria thrive, leading to a bad odour.
General health: Chronic diseases like gastroesophageal reflux disease, digestive disorders, liver disorders, cancer, and diabetes can lead to bad breath.
- Long-term smoking and/or chewing tobacco and alcohol are also reasons for bad breath.
- Crash diets: People on low-carb diets can have a bad breath, owing to burning of the fat and producing ketones, which have a strong smell.
- Medications: Nitrates to reduce angina, chemotherapy agents for cancer, phenothiazines for anxiety can all lead to bad breath. They reduce saliva and/or release chemicals causing bad breath.
Management: The first step in managing halitosis is to nail the cause down, which makes it easier to treat.
- Start with oral hygiene check, and if there is decay or gum disease, consider restorations and cleaning.
- Mouth rinses can be used in the maintenance phase.
- Cessation of tobacco use should be considered.
- General health conditions like GERD should be managed
- Artificial saliva in cases of xerostomia
- Alternative medications if they are causing the bad breath
Oral breath is definitely embarrassing but can be managed very easily.