Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Himanshu Gupta
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Himanshu GuptaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Himanshu Gupta Reviews
Very good experience
Never once that I felt that he is getting impatient, rather he has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience. Dr Himanshu Gupta has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference. I was shocked to experience the symptoms of hair loss. It was an amazing experience as everyone in the Flores Hospital is so nice. I had lost hope, but the hair loss treatment given by Dr Himanshu Gupta has helped me regain my confidence. With the help of his treatment for hair loss I am feeling so great.
I got to know that I was suffering from Eczema for which I met Dr Himanshu Gupta who is a famous dermatologist in Ghaziabad. He gave me a perfect advice. During the treatment, Dr Himanshu Gupta supported me a lot. So many doctors I consulted, but his treatment was the best. The entire Flores Hospital was spotlessly, clean. The best thing about Dr Himanshu Gupta is that he prescribes limited no. of medicines. He is very courteous and behaves very aptly with elder patients.
I was panicked, because I never thought I will suffer from pimples like this. He is very courteous and behaves very aptly with elder patients. Over the period of time I noticed a number of changes in myself. The nurses at the Flores Hospital were really helpful. My problem was such that it required a number of sessions, and I must say after all the sessions, I am feeling much better now.
dr Himanshu Gupta always make herpatient comfortable and fearless and he is very friendly and very very kind person. I consulted him because of my problem of dark clircles at herclinic Flores Hospital in Ghaziabad. I and my family can neverforget herwonderful nature. May God gives him my wishes. He is such a Genius.
I had a big scar on my face which I wanted to remove. I chose to consult Dr HImanshu. He helped me with this problem. The scar treatment he provided was quite beneficial for me. I am impressed with the way he treats his patients. I am quite benefitted with this treatment. The overall atmosphere in the Flores Hospital is very soothing.
Dr is very nice and have excellent knowledge, he understands the problem of the patient and give time to the patient, I have visited many clinics in Delhi bhut all doctors are money minded in Delhi, they suggested me lot of therapy unnecessary but after meeting with Dr himanshu i am too much satisfied with the consultantatio
His advice and counselling has helped me immensely. I read about Dr Himanshu Gupta on one of the social media platform. It's been so long, I have lost all hope, but then I met him and I am hopeful again that I will be fine. The overall atmosphere in the Flores Hospital is very soothing. he did my pigmentation treatment.
Even though I was fit and fine, it was shocked when I had pigmentation. With the help of his treatment for pigmentation I am feeling so great. The atmosphere in the Flores Hospital is always so positive and full of life. Dr Gupta has a very positive attitude towards all the patients.
He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. he did my peel treatment. The overall atmosphere in the Flores Hospital is very soothing. I am really grateful as his peel treatment has give me a ray of hope. Dr Himanshu is a very nice doctor.
I found my skin health poor from past few days for which I wasvery embarassed about. But after I consulted Dr Himanshu, I feel so great after the completion of treatment. He has in depth knowledge and ensures that he explains the problem in detail.
I am too much satisfied with the consultation provided by the doctor before I met several doctors but all were money minded but after meeting with doctor himanshu i hope that my problem will get sort out soon. Very nice and excellent doctor
It was overall a very good experience though the doctor was busy with the previous patient and it took him around 40min so I had to wait Alot but that's fine.
It was very nice experience with Dr. Himanshu Gupta. He explained everything very calmly.Although he arrived late but the consultation covered it up.
Doctor was very understanding, he listens to patients very patiently, this was my first my application hoping for best.
It was very good and the way he treats patient actually want the same way . Good doctor for the recommendation.
I went to dr. Himanshu gupta for hair treatment.skin Konnect is truly proved one stop solution for my hairfall
Friendly,knowledgeable, doctor makes things clear & straight to the point
Was very helpful and satisfied by doctor suggestions and his advice
Good Experience, I am feeling so free to say anything to doctor.
He is very kind, polite and listens to his patients properly.
He is a well experienced and knowledgeable doctor.
Dr. Himanshu Gupta Feeds
Your face is one of the first places where your age begins to become visible. It is for this reason that many people begin to hunt for the best anti-aging procedures. With these procedures, one can diminish the damage caused to the skin by wrinkles and skin sagging.
Contrary to popular belief, not all anti-aging procedures need surgery. A thread lift is one such non-invasive anti-aging procedure and can even be performed as an outpatient. This procedure involves insertion of threads along a marked path. The filaments of this thread attach themselves to the tissue around them. New collagen is then produced by the body which surrounds the filament and lifts sagging skin.
This procedure can be used to address drooping eyebrows as well as sagging skin around the cheeks, jowl and neck. It is best suitable from 30-60 years of age for both men and women. The affect lasts for 2-3 years. It may also be used to address problem areas in the neck, cleavage and other parts of the body.
- One of the biggest advantages of this procedure is that it leaves almost no scars and has a relatively short recovery time as compared to another form of plastic surgery. Some of the other advantages are:
- Short procedure that can be performed within approximately one hour. However, the exact duration of the procedure will depend on the number of filaments being inserted into the skin
- No hospital stay required.
- No need for general anesthesia and hence no risk of side effects that can be triggered by the same
- More affordable than a regular face lift
- Long lasting results
- Procedure can be tailored to suit the person’s needs
The thread lift procedure does not have any major side effects as long as the procedure is being performed by an experienced doctor. In some cases, one may develop infections, bruising, temporary swelling and tenderness or temporary numbness. In order to tackle these, cold compresses can be applied to reduce swelling and any other kind of discomfort. Any other visible side effects normally diminish without any medication or remedies within 48 hours after the procedure.
However, it is advisable to avoid strenuous exercising for 2 to 3 weeks after the procedure. The effects of a thread lift procedure usually last for 2-3years. By inserting additional filaments as and when required, your skin can look younger for a longer period of time. In some cases, this procedure may also be combined with the injection of dermal fillers and botulinum toxin for providing a much younger looking and glowing skin.
Acanthosis nigricans is a pigmentation disorder, which leads to velvety, black patch formations on the skin. In some cases, the patch of skin may also give off a foul odour while itching is also a normal symptom of the condition. It can appear at several spots of the body, including the knees, elbows, palms, knuckles and neck. Here is a look at the diagnostic procedure for the condition as well as the treatment prescribed to patients.
Diagnosis of Acanthosis Nigricans
Acanthosis nigricans is more common in males than it is in females. Additionally, being overweight, having darker skin or diabetes are some of the risk factors. Here is how the disease is diagnosed-
- Diagnosis of the condition is easy since examination with the naked eyes reveals the patchy black areas of skin on the patient.
- Doctors will perform tests to understand what is causing the condition. There can be two primary causes, namely, insulin resistance or diabetes. Usually, a test to measure the blood glucose levels in the blood is conducted.
- Doctors will also check if any medication is acting as a contributing factor for causing the problem.
- The doctor may also order a biopsy test if he/she feels that the issue is being caused by something other than Acanthosis nigricans. However, such a test is rarely performed during the diagnosis of the skin condition.
Treatment for Acanthosis nigricans
Acanthosis nigricans is not a disease by itself but a symptom caused by an underlying condition affecting the patient. This is why treatment of the skin condition involves dealing with the underlying ailment.
- If your excess body weight is causing the appearance of the black patches on the skin, doctors will advise you to lose weight and get back in shape.
- The help of certain medications may also be taken in such a case to keep the blood glucose levels under check.
- Cosmetic treatments such as chemical peels, Laser, etc are used to treat the condition.
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is the only long-term solution for the disorder. If you suffer from the same, make sure that you eat healthily and exercise regularly, if you want to stay free from the symptoms of the condition.
Hair removal through the use of laser is slowing becoming exceedingly popular not only for women but also for men. Nowadays, a number of men look for permanent solution to get rid of unwanted hair on wide areas of the body. There are also some men, who opt for this laser treatment to use upon their faces. The reason being, they have become tired of shaving the same areas every single morning .
Men can make use of the laser hair removal to get rid of the burn from razor, eliminate the trouble of shaving and also get the chance to sculpt their beards in their desired style.
How Can Men Shape Up Their Beard with the Help of Laser Hair Removal?
Men do not always opt for laser hair removal in their faces to get rid of their beards, giving them a completely shaved look. Some only want to reduce the beard, so that it becomes easier for them to shave from the next time. Then there are some categories of men, who use this laser hair removal in order to get their beards neatly shaped. Through this they intend to grow facial hair in particular areas and get them removed from other parts.
Laser beard sculpting can help them get their desired look.
Beard Shaping includes:
- Hair getting removed only from the neck
- Specific lines might be created on the upper part of the beard
- Some men might look to get such treatment which would enable them to have their beards in the form of a goatee.
Some of the advantages related to beard shaping through laser hair removal are:
- Men would not require to carefully shave specific areas of their faces every single day while shaving
- Shaping up or sculpting the beard with laser hair removal gives a cleaner beard line, hence bringing up a more polished look on the faces.
- This procedure would also enable in reducing the thickness and coarseness of the hair of the beard of the person.
Pearly Penile Papules, in medical term is known as Hirsutoid Papillomas. This tends to develop just around the head of the penis. The size and colour varies from one person to another but usually they appear pink-white and measure somewhere between 1 to 4 millimeters in diameter, resembling like small pimples.
Once a man develops these pearly penile papules, they tend to stay with the person for the rest of his life. With the advancement of age, the growths can start to fade but there will be no change in shape, color or even spread further over a period of time. There are no symptoms as such.
- Doctors are not sure about, what really causes pearly penile papules. These occurrences are considered to be quite normal and anywhere between 8 and 43 percent of men have them.
- Pearly penile papules are not caused as a result of any infection or disease and they are neither contagious not harmful in nature.
- One noticeable fact is that these appear to be more common among black complexioned men and the ones whose foreskin has not yet been removed from the penis.
There are mainly two very effective permanent treatment options available for Pearly Penile Papules. They include:
The process involves cleaning the region with sterilized saline solution. A topical anesthetic gets applied on the area and kept occluded with a wrap for an hour. Around 1-3 PDL treatments get performed with the use of a 5-mm spot size and 0.50 ms pulse duration, ranging from 6 J/cm2 to 10 J/cm2. It causes minimum discomfort to patients.
Ablation Carbon Dioxide Lasers-
The CO2 lasers have the unique ability to hit the specific areas without causing damage to the nearby tissues. Before the treatment, a numbing cream is applied to the affected portion. As and when the cream gets totally activated, dermatologist would administer the laser treatment by getting it focused and firing off the beam on individual papules, hence getting them vaporized instantly. The whole treatment takes only half an hour and it does not require any injection, thus making the process completely painless.
Radiofrequency Ablation is a highly effective procedure that does not involve incisions, stitches and hospitalization. It is basically a procedure that uses radio waves in order to destroy the selected areas of tissue, without affecting the other areas. This method used for Pearly Penile Papules removal is a non-invasive cosmetic treatment that uses low-temperature, high –frequency waves in the radio bandwidth, consisting destroying the cells from within, cauterizing the affected area, preventing bleeding, infections and scarring. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Everyone wants to have a bright and radiating skin. But blemishes and skin abnormalities are common and can occur due to lifestyle, diet or hormonal imbalances. Moles and warts are typical skin issues. But how do you tell them apart?
Moles – What are they?
Hardly ever causing pain, they appear in many different colours and can be bumpy or flat. Most often of red, brown or black colour, they occur as a result of skin pigmentation called melanocytes. They can be caused due to direct exposure to sunlight or due to genetic factors as well. They can appear in any part of the body and form slowly, taking a long time to grow.
Warts – What are they?
Small bumps or rough growth on the skin that appear in hands, legs, fingers, soles of the feet, face or in the genital area manifest as warts. They are white or pale. They occur as a result of harmful virus infection of Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) and hence, can be contagious. As opposed to moles, warts need to be removed quickly since a virus causes them.
How do you differentiate a mole from a wart?
Below are some common characteristics of each that can help you identify the skin problem:
- Either flat or elevated from the skin, they are commonly referred to as beauty marks or birth marks.
- At times, they have hair growing from them.
- Usually, they have one colour – mostly on the darker side.
- It cannot be transmitted between people.
- They are generated by a collection of pigment cells in the body and darken during hormonal changes.
- They tend to become cancerous and lead to melanoma.
- They are harmless, yet contagious.
- They have small black or dark dots in the centre that are tiny blood vessels, which provide them with nutrients.
- They grow outwards on the skin with a scaly or bumpy deposit.
- They can grow anywhere on the body, but are commonly found in feet, hands or fingers.
How to treat warts and moles?
The good news is that both warts and moles do not pose a grave risk to your health, but they are annoying and can turn dangerous in the long run. Especially with warts, you can give it to someone or acquire from someone, since it is a type of virus infection. So, seek medical assistance if you want them to be removed from your skin.
Be aware of the difference between warts and moles to know what you are dealing with. Consult a dermatologist to decide the right steps to remove it or not.
Both warts and moles can be treated with Radiofrequency ablation or CO2 laser.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
There are multiple issues that have to be addressed by the bride and groom while planning their wedding. Wedding days are very special and every bride wants to stand out and look great. It is important for the to-be bride to follow certain procedures and avoid any dermatological problems such as scars, wrinkles, acne and spots. Dealing with skin conditions such as acne is very painful and frustrating. Hence, to attain a glowing skin on your wedding day, various medical spas offer photo facials these days. The photo facial method is very reliable and safe and noticeable results can be gained in no time.
Use of Simple and Effective Methods
These days rigorous skin care routines are not made use of to attain a flawless skin. There are a variety of other procedures that to-be brides can make use of and glow on their special day. It is best to visit a dermatologist to treat skin problems and follow procedures recommended by them that do not cause any damage to your skin. A wide range of the finest treatments, healing sessions and therapies are suggested by them to solve dermatological problems that bring about a new perspective for the to-be bride. Aesthetic procedures are suggested by dermatology surgeons these days as these do not cause any side-effects. Some of the procedures include phototherapy, laser rejuvenation, fillers, micro-skin polishing and NIR.
Procedures to Treat Dermatological Problems
- Phototherapy: In phototherapy, a series of intense pulsed light is used. The treatment is very beneficial in improving the appearance of your skin. It is through this treatment that the age-spots, photo-ageing, sun-damaged skin and skin texture are improved.
- Laser Rejuvenation: Fractional laser is a safe and excellent procedure that brides can opt for to eliminate age spots, acne scars and eliminate surface wrinkles. The time required for the recovery is minimal and the procedure can be opted for by individuals with all skin types.
- Fillers: The bride and groom both desire a healthy, glowing skin and are very when it comes to using beauty treatments available these days. There are injectable fillers available that work effectively in treating scars and acne. The size and contour of the lips can be enhanced with this treatment. The injectable fillers that are made use of include Juviderm XC and Restylane.
- Micro skin Polishing: It is a simple and effective procedure which is beneficial in eliminating dull, dry and flaky skin. Through this procedure, smooth and flawless skin can be attained. The technique used is like an exfoliating scrub that combines aluminum oxide crystals with soothing botanicals and diatomaceous earth. The surface cells are exfoliated and the biological renewal process of the skin is accelerated which helps in treating skin problems. There are injections used even for fairness and these provide the skin with a healthy sheen.
Chemical peels: Special peels are available that brides can go for rather than facials as at times facials do not suit everyone
Microdermabrasion: Especially, recommended for brides who are extremely sensitive to chemical agents present in facials and peels
Things one can do at home to make sure to maintain skin health
- Exfoliate the skin: Getting rid of the dead skin cells is a vital aspect of a healthy skin care routine. The skin benefits of exfoliation are immense. In addition to removing the dead skin cells, it also plays a significant role in enhancing the blood circulation, thereby ensuring a glowing and healthy looking skin. Other skin problems such as blemishes, skin pigmentation, sun tans, are also taken care off by exfoliating the skin twice a week. There are many good quality exfoliators available in the market (get the one that suits your skin type). One can also go for natural exfoliators such as honey, yogurt, papaya, or even lemon juice and sugar.
- Keep the skin hydrated: One of the factors responsible for skin problems is built-up of harmful toxins in the body. A well-hydrated body plays a significant role in eliminating the toxins from the body. If you wish to steal the show on your wedding, drink water and healthy fluids at regular time intervals. Coconut water, a rich source of Vitamin C can work wonders for the skin.
- Clean your face: With the wedding and the associated rituals, the to-be- bride often gets pressed for time. However, no matter how tired, never sleep with your makeup on. The chemicals used in the various make-ups can damage your skin (acne, skin rashes, breakouts, to name a few). As part of a healthy skin care, one should clean the face twice daily (morning and at night). Use a good quality face wash and cleanser that suits your skin. Also, Facials and skin clean-ups once a month are also advised. The application of various face packs (readymade or homemade) can be equally helpful.
- Use a Sunscreen: Whether at home or outside, sunny or cloudy, always make a habit to apply a sunscreen. A good sunscreen protects the skin from a plethora of problems including skin cancer (often triggered by the harmful UV rays), suntans, sunburns, premature skin aging, to name a few.
- Sleep well: With all the wedding preparations, sleep is the last thing on a bride's mind. This mistake can cost dearly. Daily 6-8 hours of sleep acts as a catalyst keeping the healthy and glowing.
- Eat healthily: Foods rich in antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids are beneficial for the skin. Tomatoes, green tea, brown rice, berries, fruits and vegetables rich in Vitamin C, pumpkin, avocados, fish and seafood, kale, potatoes, nuts (almonds, walnuts, raisins, pistachios), beetroot, to name a few, can do your skin a world of good.
It is for the best that brides make use of these simple dermatological procedures that are safe and do not cause any side-effects. These dermatological procedures ensure that brides look their best on their special day. However, in case you suffer from a specific skin condition, you must consult a dermatologist or a beauty expert to deal with specific skin problems.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A lot of teenagers face common skin problems such as acne, which leave behind scars that appear worse with time. There are many products available in medical stores to treat acne, but not all are effective. With advancements in the cosmetic industry, it is now possible to improve the appearance of the skin on the hands, neck and face. Chemical peels, where a chemical solution is applied to the skin, are used for this purpose. The chemical solution exfoliates the skin and it eventually peels off. The old skin which is wrinkled and less smooth is regenerated and the skin is now smooth and flawless. The use of chemical peels is safe and they work wonders to your skin.
Types of Chemical Peels and their Use
Chemical Peels are also known as BHA (beta-hydroxy corrosive) or AHA (alpha-hydroxy corrosive). It is a treatment that can be performed on your skin to exfoliate it. They are mainly used to attain smooth skin. The first peel is superficial. The medium peel, which is used for the second level of intensity mainly targets the damaged skin cells. The effect is used on central as well as external layers of skin mainly to remove wrinkles, freckles and age spots.
The third type of chemical peel is the deep peel which infiltrates into the skin deeply. It helps to treat wrinkles, skin discoloration and spots. It is also useful in removing shallow scars as it can reach deeper and distinctive results can be attained in comparison to any other treatment. It is very important that this treatment using deep peels is done by a well-qualified cosmetic surgeon.
Conditions Treated By Chemical Peels
Skin appearance can be improved to a great extent by the use of chemical peels. These help to reduce fine lines around the mouth and under the eyes. They are also used to treat wrinkles that are caused due to aging and sun damage. Mild scars can also be removed using chemical peels and they can even treat certain types of acne. They are beneficial in reducing dark patches that occur due to pregnancy. The feel and look of the skin can be improved with these peels. The peels are very sensitive to skin and it is very important that you make use of a sunscreen every day as it protects the skin against UVB and UVA rays of the sun.
Individuals having severe wrinkles and sagging skin must not opt for chemical peels as their skin does not respond to them. In such cases, it is best to make use of surgical procedures such as facelift or laser resurfacing methods. However, it is best to consult a dermatologist surgeon in this matter to determine the best treatment. They are good anti-ageing weapons and are beneficial in treating uneven skin tone, acne prone skin and pigmentation disorders.
In the winter months, the weather turns crisp and it takes a substantial toll on your skin. In cold weather, the skin shrinks and exhibits symptoms such as flaking, itching, dryness and scaly patches. It is best that you take a practical approach and take good care of your skin and avoid the impact of the weather on your skin. In certain cases, individuals develop skin conditions such as eczema, cracking and flaking during the winter months.
Moisturize Your Skin
Intensive moisturization is required during the winter months as the skin tends to lose its natural oils. The main reason for loss of oil from the skin is due to indoor heating and severe weather conditions that block the skin of its natural hydration and make it prone to damage. It is very important that the skin is moisturized on a daily basis to maintain the natural oils and avoid the skin from drying out. The benefit of using moisturizer is that it offers safety against severe effects of cold weather and even keeps the skin conditioned. The moisturizer should be applied frequently if the skin is dry.
Keep Your Skin Healthy
The best way to avoid redness or itching of the skin is to keep it healthy. There are certain tips that can be followed to keep the skin moisturized and healthy and these include washing your face in lukewarm water, choose a moisturizer carefully and drink lots of water. Drinking warm water with little lime in it is not only refreshing but also hydrates the skin. The skin gets hydrated very well after a steaming facial or warm shower and it is best that the skin is sealed immediately with a moisturizer rich in emollients.
How to Protect Your Skin During Winter
The best way to protect your skin during the cold weather is to wear scarves and gloves. Gloves and scarves can be used to protect the skin from snow, rain and cold winds. It is best to make use of a sunscreen that contains titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, during winter.
The best skin care for winter, if you have eczema, psoriasis or dermatitis is to avoid irritants, allergens and specifically toxins. You must not wear irritating fibers during winter or make use of detergents that are chemical laden. It is best to make use of moisturizers and mild cleansers that are ideal for sensitive skin.
It is very important that your skin is nurtured all through the year and not only in winter. Taking proper care during winter months by following these tips is essential as these would help attain beautiful and radiant skin.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hyperpigmentation is a relatively harmless condition, but can affect a person’s self-image and psyche. This skin condition is characterized by dark patches on the skin due to exposure to UV radiation or as a sign of aging. It is caused by an excessive production of melanin in the body. Hyperpigmentation affects people of all ages and with all skin types. However, fair-skinned people are at a higher risk of suffering from this condition than dark skinned people.
This condition can be treated in a number of ways including:
- Laser: Laser treatment for hyperpigmentation improves skin tone and boosts collagen production. With advancement in laser technology, scarring is no longer a very big risk with this form of treatment. Depending on the degree of hyperpigmentation, Q-switch Nd: YAG and Fractional laser may be used in with short pulses or long pulses. Treatment can take anywhere between 30 to 45 minutes and is relatively pain free.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels rid the skin of its top most layer and bring new cells to the surface. This gives the skin an even tone and eliminates dark spots and patchiness. A light salicylic acid or glycolic acid peel is ideal for hyperpigmentation treatment. This is often used in cases where the patient’s skin is resistant to over the counter topical treatment. The concentration of active ingredients in the peel depends on the skin tone. Mild skin discolouration and blotchiness can be treated with a superficial peel while age spots and freckles require a medium peel.
- Topical ointments: Topical ointments are usually the first form of treatment for hyperpigmentation. Hydroquinone or retinol are the most commonly prescribed ointments. Broad spectrum sunscreen that offers protection against UVA and UVB rays can also help prevent further sun damage and dark spots. Skin lightening creams with soy or niacinamide as active ingredients also help brighten skin tones. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Among one of the most common skin conditions that affect many people all over the world is Acne. It is not a harmful or a dangerous condition, but is usually a cosmetic problem and may also sometimes be a symptom of underlying conditions.
What is Acne and what are its causes?
Human skin has follicles or pores in them through which hair comes out. The accumulation of a substance known as sebum within the pores of the human skin can sometimes clog these pores. When this accumulates, dead skin cells also get stuck in it and results in a swelling, which takes the form of a pimple like a crest due to bacterial infections. This condition is most prevalent among adolescents due to rapid hormonal changes in the body, although many adults and pre-adolescents have also reported this problem.
Here are some common issues and lifestyle factors which make you prone to acne.
Hormonal imbalance– This is probably the most common reason cited for acne as adolescents tend to be afflicted by this problem. In many cases acne goes away on its own after sometimes although in other cases it does stay. In adults, especially women it has been noticed that certain hormonal changes in the body may act as acne triggers. Some of the examples of hormonal imbalances may be:
External factors such as using too much makeup – Excessive use of cosmetic products can cause issues within the skin by blocking the pores within the skin may induce acne, even if you do not have sebum related problems.
Diet – Research has proved that excessive oil consumption as well as having foods rich in fat can cause acne problems. Moreover, if you consume iodine in large quantities or for a long time, it results in irritation of the skin pores giving rise to acne.
Certain medications and drugs - Consumption of specific over the counter medicines like the ones containing bromide and use of recreational drugs like marijuana and cocaine can lead to the occurrence of acne as side effects.
Genetics - Certain genetic factors may also be responsible for someone being more prone to acne than others.
Diet - Consumption of high glycemic index food (food items which release glucose rapidly in blood) also aggravates acne.
Medications - Use of over the counter creams/ointments containing topical corticosteroids may also result in acne.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.