Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Ghaziabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Charu SharmaYour feedback matters!
When a small cavity isn't treated in time, the tooth decays badly that normal filling cannot solve the problem. In such cases, your dentist will probably advise you to undergo, a root canal. When performing a root canal, the dentist will remove the nerves and pulp within the tooth, clean the inside of the tooth and seal it. After this procedure your tooth will not sense anything and should be pain free.
However, in some cases you may still experience pain after root canal and there are four main causes of this pain:
- Swelling of ligament around the tooth: One of the signs that you need a root canal is swelling of the gums. Even after the nerves and pulp within the tooth are removed, the ligaments around the infected tooth may still be swollen. This can take some time before the tissue is normal again. In most cases this is the cause for pain after a root canal procedure.
- Damaged tissue: Part of the root canal procedure is to clean the insides of the tooth. Here the dentist must be very careful to not go beyond the tooth. In some cases the file used to clean the tooth may go beyond the root and damage the tissue there. Another possibility is that the sealant used to fill the tooth may go beyond the root, thus aggravating the tissue. This can take some time to heal and may cause pain.
- Excess filling: After the tooth has been cleaned, the dentist fills the tooth with a sealant. If excessive sealant is filled in the tooth, it may become taller than the surrounding teeth, which puts extra pressure on the tooth and results in soreness and pain. The dentist will have to remove the excess sealant in order to resolve this issue.
- Phantom pain: Phantom pain is rare when it comes to root canal. This occurs when the nerve leading up to the tooth still behaves like it were connected to the tooth despite the nerve within the tooth being completely removed. The peripheral nerves will need to be treated to resolve this issue.
In most cases, these events cannot be prevented. There is also no reason to expect that this is a symptom of your root canal being a failure. Stay in touch with your dentist and brush and floss your teeth regularly. You will soon notice the pain subsiding.
I have a question from dentist , my linearity of teeths is not periodiacal . What is an estimate cost will be there if I go with the cosmetics , secondly what if I switch to bracels ? is it effective too since its a long procedure I think so and it take times to make unifmrity of teeths .
I am 30 years old male working in abroad country my problem is when I do brush in bathroom at morning time vomit comes and sometime I feel vomit in daily basis and spitting around on my work site before Enter the office I take toffee then enter and some time water come in my tong like test of vomit then I can not bear and result vomit I do control by toffee but how many time pls advise me what should I do.
I'm 26 male from kerala last few years i'm badly affected with bad breath. Actually I brushed 2 times per day.
I have headache for 1 day. I also have pain in tooth and pain in shoulder and pain in legs. What should I do?
I have bump on tongue along with white tongue for last several months. What is the reason and cure for this? Please help me.
He can never talk freely, feeled ashamed to be sit among friends, can t talk freely to their clients so and so.
Reason for this problem is formation of volatile sulphur compounds cause bad smell. Halitosis can be through bad habits like smoking, drinking, gutka chew etc or can be gerd (gastric entero regurgitation disease).
Treatment plan is in your hands.
1. We brush daily but cant give enough time on toungue cleaning which is real reserviour of bad smell producing bacterias so clean your toungue thorughly you can feel the change in few days
2. Stop the bad habits
3. Make routine to follow proper oral hygeine plan
4. Stop eating randomly or rinse mouth every time you eat randomly
5. Chlorhex+zinc mouthwash is the key to achieve wonder use it properly by 1: 4 ratio of mouthwash to water and rinse in mouth for 1minute atleast never eat half an hour after that use this two weeks than stop
I hope you like this article and start a new life free of demon called halitosis
I have teeth problem from my childhood there is bood in mouth when I wake in morning my teeth is irregular and when I take any antibiotic medicine it stop for some time also yellow teeth & smelling problem.
I have ulcer problem in mouth. I cannot eat my food because of this problem help to relief from this problem?
What are some simple ways to get rid of a toothache fast?
A) before knowing about the remedies for relieving toothache, let us first understand the reasons for a toothache. Knowing the causes can help us prevent it.
Generally, toothache is a result of inflammation of the soft, central part of the tooth. The most common cause is cavities (tooth decay). Other causes include infection at the root of the tooth, chipped or broken teeth, damaged fillings, infected gums
Since most toothaches are the result of tooth decay, following good oral hygiene practices can prevent toothaches. Follow these simple steps:
-brush twice daily with a fluoride-containing toothpaste
-floss once daily
-rinse once or twice a day with an antiseptic mouthwash
-consult your dentist twice a year for professional cleaning
-eat foods low in sugar
Natural ways to relieve a toothache
Popping painkillers and other drugs frequently to relieve pain is not always the best idea. They come with their own set of side effects and should be avoided whenever possible. You may try these simple, safe and effective remedies to help you relieve a toothache instantly and naturally:
1. Salt and pepper
Salt mixed with pepper can be of great use as both the ingredients have antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties:
-mix equal amounts of pepper and common salt with a few drops of water to form a paste
-apply the paste directly on the affected tooth and allow it to sit for a few minutes
-repeat 2-3 times in a day
Garlic has antibiotic and other medicinal properties that can be very effective in reducing the pain:
-mix a crushed garlic clove with some table salt or black salt and apply it directly on the affected tooth to alleviate the pain
-you can also chew one or two cloves of garlic to get relief
More: have garlic &amp; 6 more foods for a healthy heart
Cloves have anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antioxidant and anesthetic properties that help alleviate tooth pain and fight infection:
-grind two whole cloves. Mix in a little olive oil or any vegetable oil and apply on the affected tooth
-another option is to dab a cotton ball in clove oil and rub it directly on the sore tooth
-you may also mix a few drops of clove oil in half a glass of water and use it as a mouth rinse
Saltwater cleanses the area around the tooth and draws out some of the fluid that causes swelling:
-stir a teaspoon of salt into a glass of warm water and rinse for up to 30 seconds before you spit it out
-repeat this treatment as often as needed
5. Tea bag
The tannic acid in tea helps to relieve gum infections:
-steep a tea bag in boiling water for a few minutes, then remove and allow to cool
-hold the cooled teabag around your gums for about 5 minutes
Ice helps numb the nerves and hence the toothache:
-place a small ice cube in a plastic bag, wrap a thin cloth around the bag, and apply it to the aching tooth for about 15 minutes
-alternatively, that ice pack can go on your cheek, over the painful tooth
These remedies may help with short term relief. Consult your doctor if your toothache lasts longer than 1 or 2 days, if it is severe, or if you have a fever, earache, or pain upon opening your mouth wide. Proper identification and treatment of dental infections is very important to prevent its spread to other parts of the face and skull.